IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Old 23rd December 2021, 08:22 AM   #201
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
It seems that the major media are still framing the parameters of debate, determining the boundaries of discussion.

What is deemed to be debatable now are such things as "Are masks effective against the omicron strain? Which boosters are more effective against omicron, and so on.

This seems akin to religionists arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin rather than debating whether there are such things as angels.
No, this is simply news about things that matter to people. Well, people who care about reality, anyway.
Old 23rd December 2021, 08:50 AM   #202
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Where are all of the millions of people who died from Coronavirus, Tom?
My nephew and my brother-in-law have been ill for the last two weeks. They are displaying the symptoms of Covid.
In your opinion, what is making them ill?
Old 23rd December 2021, 08:57 AM   #203
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Yeah, folks, whatever.

Munich again massive right now. Police tried to prohibit it but they just don't have the slightest chance against that mass of people. There was just another chain peacefully broken.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
The police tried to prohibit it? Really? I scrolled through the whole two hours, and didn't see that happening at all. When did that happen?
What I did see was not that many people, for a start, not that many people exercising their democratic right to peaceful protest. In other words, your own video completely shoots down your silly claims of fascist oppression.
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:01 AM   #204
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Meanwhile, in Russia, this is how anti-lockdown protests are treated by the authorities.
Childlike Empress, your reaction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_daEsqTZDE
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:19 AM   #205
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Where are all of the millions of people who died from Coronavirus, Tom?
Also, the millions suffering long term neurological and pulmonary issues; did they get them from a motorcycle accident? Too, the overburdened health systems and hospitals; were/are they filled with motorcycle accident victims?

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:20 AM   #206
Tom Palven
Thinker

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
No, this is simply news about things that matter to people. Well, people who care about reality, anyway.
This is how i works in the US.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dguiAWrUGMM

Who is it that is deciding what the things are that matter to people?
Tom Palven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:22 AM   #207
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Also, the millions suffering long term neurological and pulmonary issues; did they get them from a motorcycle accident? Too, the overburdened health systems and hospitals; were/are they filled with motorcycle accident victims?
Someone I work with hasn't had her sense of smell or taste come back to normal yet and it's been a full year. Reviews on scented candles on Amazon are down a full star. Mass psychosis?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:37 AM   #208
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

It seems that the major media are still framing the parameters of debate, determining the boundaries of discussion.

What is deemed to be debatable now are such things as "Are masks effective against the omicron strain? Which boosters are more effective against omicron, and so on.

This seems akin to religionists arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin rather than debating whether there are such things as angels.
You're right, Tom. We should really be talking about how millions of scientists, doctors and nurses all over the world could either be too stupid to realize they're being duped by the Evil Media®, or how millions of scientists, doctors and nurses all over the world could all be willing participants in a global hoax.

We should be talking about how Dr. Anthony Fauci is the leading voice of "the pandemic" in the media all over the globe, as witnessed by you personally.

We should be talking about the influence of (((the people behind the pandemic))) as mentioned by some of your own sources.

Would you like to talk about any of those things?
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:47 AM   #209
sackett
Philosopher

Hey! Knock that off!

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
The police tried to prohibit it? Really? I scrolled through the whole two hours, and didn't see that happening at all. When did that happen?
What I did see was not that many people, for a start, not that many people exercising their democratic right to peaceful protest. In other words, your own video completely shoots down your silly claims of fascist oppression.
Folks who live in Opposite Land get to make up their own reality as they go along! It's really real reality too, not like your "facts" and "figures!"

You're just jealous.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:02 AM   #210
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Let's talk about a couple of things, Tom.

First, there's more to the universe than the United States. Anthony Fauci isn't telling the whole world what to do about COVID-19.

Second, just because there are a lot of ****** media outlets owned by the same conglomerates doing ****** reporting in the form of sound-bites, it doesn't mean that the thing they're talking about is a hoax. Take the clip you posted - do you think that those talking heads repeating the same silly phrase proves that the economic downturn being reported was actually a hoax? Is that what you think?
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:09 AM   #211
eerok
Quixoticist

I'm not going to waste my time on YouTube videos. If you have something to say, then spit it out.

The people, more or less, since media is driven by ratings. I for one am interested in the ongoing research into the effects of the omicron variant, just as any reasonable person would be who wants to survive the pandemic with the least amount of damage. I'm getting my booster later today, actually.

In the case of your sources, content is decided by propagandists, nutbars, and scammers. Medical science contradicts their bizarre narratives.

Last edited by eerok; 23rd December 2021 at 10:10 AM.
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:50 AM   #212
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Meanwhile, in Russia, this is how anti-lockdown protests are treated by the authorities.
Childlike Empress, your reaction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_daEsqTZDE
No doubt Childlike Empress would agree with this because it is in authoritarian Russia and condoned by the hero Putin. Childlike Empress would equally criticize this if it occurred in the USA because in a democracy telling citizens what do do for the good of the populace is merely a part of the great conspiracy.
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:57 AM   #213
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Well this is easy. In the USA, and in the context of the thread, the 70.7% of the population that are fully vaccinated (2+ doses) have decided that vaccinations matter toward the control of COVID 19.
Old 23rd December 2021, 11:03 AM   #214
Tom Palven
Thinker

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
I'm not going to waste my time on YouTube videos. If you have something to say, then spit it out.

In the case of your sources, content is decided by propagandists, nutbars, and scammers. Medical science contradicts their bizarre narratives.
The only source that I think I agree with completely is Kit Knightly, a former Guardian investigative reporter who now has a website called Off Guardian.
https://straightlinelogic.com/2021/0...-kit-knightly/

Knightly has been criticized by some right-wingers for not endorsing Ivermectin as a curative for Covid-19, which imvho could only act as a placebo effect.

Btw, the bio of Knightly is not available at Wikipedia any longer.

At least, I can't find it, and I suspect it has been removed for reasons of political correctness, unless someone can give me a better answer.
Tom Palven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 11:05 AM   #215
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
No doubt Childlike Empress would agree with this because it is in authoritarian Russia and condoned by the hero Putin. Childlike Empress would equally criticize this if it occurred in the USA because in a democracy telling citizens what do do for the good of the populace is merely a part of the great conspiracy.

Don't dare to speak for me.

The video is from April 2020. Looks like Berlin last week.

You should drop your moronic belief (or talking point) that I am defending everything Russian just because I like to point out the lies of "Western" media (prominently Radio FreeDumb who published the video) about the country and its leader.

I recently found that the fabulous "Sputnik V" "vaccination" is based on the same junk as AstraZeneca and J&J.
auf dem Thron

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 23rd December 2021 at 11:07 AM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 11:06 AM   #216
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
Take the clip you posted - do you think that those talking heads repeating the same silly phrase proves that the economic downturn being reported was actually a hoax? Is that what you think?
If a lot of people agree on something, it's a conspiracy. If it's a conspiracy, it must be nefarious and therefore shouldn't be believed.

Ipso facto, don't be whacko, we should believe the people that very few people agree with, that proves that they're on to something!
Old 23rd December 2021, 12:12 PM   #217
carlitos
"más divertido"

The only source that I think I agree with completely is Kit Knightly, a former Guardian investigative reporter who now has a website called Off Guardian.

Knightly has been criticized by some right-wingers for not endorsing Ivermectin as a curative for Covid-19, which imvho could only act as a placebo effect.

At least, I can't find it, and I suspect it has been removed for reasons of political correctness, unless someone can give me a better answer.
Better answer - it never existed in the first place? There are no results in the internet wayback machine for such a page, and wikipedia's deletion log says:

Quote:
Deletion log
Jump to navigationJump to search
Below is a list of recent deletions and restorations.

If a page you created or a file you uploaded has been deleted, and you wish to know why, see Wikipedia:Why was the page I created deleted?

User logs
Deletion log
Performer:

Target (title or User:username for user):
Kit Knightly

From date (and earlier):
Thu, 23 Dec 2021
Tag filter:

Type of deletion:
All
Show
No matching items in log.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 12:14 PM   #218
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

The video is from April 2020. Looks like Berlin last week.

You should drop your moronic belief (or talking point) that I am defending everything Russian just because I like to point out the lies of "Western" media (prominently Radio FreeDumb who published the video) about the country and its leader.

I recently found that the fabulous "Sputnik V" "vaccination" is based on the same junk as AstraZeneca and J&J.
Does it matter when this was? (Hint: no, it doesn't).
If you are not wedded to Putin's oppressive regime, then condemn it. Do you approve of that reaction or not? Will your handlers allow you enough freedom to say that? Come on- be brave. Do you condemn the reaction of the Russian authorities to that protest, yes or no?
Regarding your comment about Radio Free Europe, are you saying that this coverage of the protest is faked? Got evidence for that?
Oh, and do please give your fact-based reservations about the technology used in the A-Z and J & J vaccines. I could use a laugh.
Old 23rd December 2021, 12:16 PM   #219
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Do please list your factual issues with this article:
https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...ff-guardian-a/

It appears that Kit Knightly is a seriously unreliable source of Covid information. If you believe otherwise, then you should be able to rebut this article.
Old 23rd December 2021, 12:19 PM   #220
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Conspiracy theorists like CE and Tom Palven don't seem to realize that the whole point of repeatedly asking them to discuss the implications of the simpleminded theories they endorse on the the worldwide scientific consensus is to show that they need to pretend that said issue doesn't exist in order to maintain their belief in such theories. They've both claimed to be presenting actual science, but starting with a desired conclusion and then attempting to select only evidence that they feel leads to that conclusion is the very antithesis of the scientific method.
Old 23rd December 2021, 12:52 PM   #221
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Goose/gander

And you know it.™.
Suck it up, dearie.
Old 23rd December 2021, 01:59 PM   #222
welshdean
Heb ei fai, heb ei eni

Better answer - it never existed in the first place? There are no results in the internet wayback machine for such a page, and wikipedia's deletion log says:
You just don't get it, do you.
Obviously, they have tampered with Wiki. Why can't you see it?
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 02:25 PM   #223
Nick Terry
Master Poster

Anti-vaxxers serving ‘legal papers’ to Alan Shearer go to wrong address
Protest at property near Newcastle follows video of former England football captain urging people to get Covid booster
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-wrong-address

Everytime one asks you holocaust deniers for positive evidence you just put your finger in the ears, dance around and sing lalala - Kevin Silbstedt
Nick Terry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 03:04 PM   #224
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

And you know it.
And you know it.™.

Just incredible.
auf dem Thron
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 03:11 PM   #225
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Just incredible.
Merely consistent. I was not the one getting my knickers in a knot accusing someone of "daring to speak for me". Just pointing out your hypocrisy. If you can't take it don't do it.
Old 23rd December 2021, 03:18 PM   #226
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

OffGuardian / Media Bias Fact Check
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/offguardian/

"OffGuardian is an independent news and opinion website that “takes its name from the fact its five founders had all been censored on and/or banned from the Guardian’s ‘Comment is Free’ sections.”

"Overall, we rate OffGuardian a Strong Conspiracy and Strong Pseudoscience website that frequently promotes unproven conspiracy theories and false information regarding the Coronavirus."

"OffGuardian reports news with a pro-Russian bias. Many articles are very critical of Ukraine, such as this Ukraine admitted to interfering in the 2016 US election on Clinton’s side. "

Kit Knightly did not work for the Guardian at all, and in reality works for the Russian newspaper "Russian Insider'
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 03:32 PM   #227
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post

"OffGuardian is an independent news and opinion website that “takes its name from the fact its five founders had all been censored on and/or banned from the Guardian’s ‘Comment is Free’ sections.”

"Overall, we rate OffGuardian a Strong Conspiracy and Strong Pseudoscience website that frequently promotes unproven conspiracy theories and false information regarding the Coronavirus."

"OffGuardian reports news with a pro-Russian bias. Many articles are very critical of Ukraine, such as this Ukraine admitted to interfering in the 2016 US election on Clinton’s side. "

Kit Knightly did not work for the Guardian at all, and in reality works for the Russian newspaper "Russian Insider'
Old Man Yells At Cloud
Old 23rd December 2021, 03:42 PM   #228
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post

Hmmm... lying to make a source appear reliable? Not very ethical. But very consistent with CTist methods.
Old 23rd December 2021, 03:47 PM   #229
eerok
Quixoticist

More Russian propaganda about covid? Yeah, I didn't see that coming. /s
Old 23rd December 2021, 05:01 PM   #230
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

I was not the one getting my knickers in a knot accusing someone of "daring to speak for me".

No, you just spoke for me. After reading my mind to which I showed you a mirror with a cool ™ symbol.

Is this really happening without reflection?
auf dem Thron
Old 23rd December 2021, 05:25 PM   #231
MarkCorrigan
¡No pasarán!

For what it's worth, I don't think CE is a fascist. I could think of a number of not very polite things to describe CE's positions on a lot of topics, but fascist is not one.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 05:35 PM   #232
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

No, you just spoke for me. After reading my mind to which I showed you a mirror with a cool ™ symbol.

I have no idea what you are on about.
Old 23rd December 2021, 06:06 PM   #233
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

I have no idea what you are on about.

You started with reading my mind with an "and you know it". I mirrored that with a cool ™ symbol. Then you just babbled along about what I would say to something, and I called you out on it. Then you claimed that I started it with quoting my post with the cool ™ symbol.

This can't be serious, can it?
auf dem Thron

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 23rd December 2021 at 06:10 PM.
Old 23rd December 2021, 08:08 PM   #234
AcesHigh
Muse

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
No, I don't have a soul, although this isn't the thread to be arguing about that.
Because you take vaccines... and the nanobots kill your soul. Congratulations, how Yeshua hates your guts!
AcesHigh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:09 PM   #235
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

How about you speak for yourself and tell us all how the whole world's medical science community can be so wrong about this? Are they all evil fascist stooges, or are you the smartest person they'll ever encounter too and they're just that stupid compared to you when it comes to the area of their expertise?

We can all see you ignoring this very obvious flaw in your claims.

Last edited by Foster Zygote; 23rd December 2021 at 10:25 PM.
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:55 PM   #236
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Does it matter when this was? (Hint: no, it doesn't).
If you are not wedded to Putin's oppressive regime, then condemn it. Do you approve of that reaction or not? Will your handlers allow you enough freedom to say that? Come on- be brave. Do you condemn the reaction of the Russian authorities to that protest, yes or no?
Regarding your comment about Radio Free Europe, are you saying that this coverage of the protest is faked? Got evidence for that?
Oh, and do please give your fact-based reservations about the technology used in the A-Z and J & J vaccines. I could use a laugh.
Bump for Childlike Empress.
How about dropping all this faux outrage and self-puffery ('cool' TM ) and speaking for yourself? Enough of the dodging and deflection. Voice your opinion, oh fearless one!
Old 24th December 2021, 02:05 AM   #237
Tom Palven
Thinker

Hmmm... lying to make a source appear reliable? Not very ethical. But very consistent with CTist methods.
Here's an amusing account of the righteous people fighting disinformation, bad information, and misinformation.
https://rumble.com/vr8jgx-disinforma...ell+Brand&ep=2
Old 24th December 2021, 02:13 AM   #238
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

For what it's worth, I don't think CE is a fascist. I could think of a number of not very polite things to describe CE's positions on a lot of topics, but fascist is not one.
just no hesitation to jump into bed with them as long as they have the same enemy as CE.

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2021, 02:22 AM   #239
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Here's an amusing account of the righteous people fighting disinformation, bad information, and misinformation.
https://rumble.com/vr8jgx-disinforma...ell+Brand&ep=2
Russell Brand.

Old 24th December 2021, 02:24 AM   #240
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Has anyone actually said that he is?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories