IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Old 25th December 2021, 05:48 AM   #281
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Could it be that the shortages were due to mandatory testing which detected common colds?
No.
Old 25th December 2021, 06:41 AM   #282
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

You have studied the situation, tried to put 2 and 2 together, and have published your opinions, so on that basis I would say that you are an investigative reporter.
I have studied the situation. I have tried to put 2 and 2 together. I published my opinion at the New York Times, in the form of a reader comment.

varwoche
Investigative Reporter
New York Times

Damn that's impressive. I'm going to get some business cards printed up.

Last edited by varwoche; 25th December 2021 at 06:43 AM.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 06:49 AM   #283
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

You have studied the situation, tried to put 2 and 2 together, and have published your opinions, so on that basis I would say that you are an investigative reporter.
?????????????????????

I'm an opinionated, now retired, nurse, who also wrote some pieces for various nursey publications and the like...Seriously, that does not make me a journalist of any sort. Nor does it make me a high speed train...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 07:08 AM   #284
catsmate
No longer the 1

Could it be that the shortages were due to mandatory testing which detected common colds?
No. As usual you're spouting nonsense.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 07:32 AM   #285
eerok
Quixoticist

You've made it perfectly clear that you do not consider Kit Knightly to be an investigative reporter, but would you indulge my question as to whether you consider Julian Assange and/or Glenn Greenwald to be investigative journalists?

What are your facts regarding them?
Anyone can call themselves an investigative journalist, so as an investigative journalist, believe me when I say that this is irrelevant. The fact about Knightly that you continue to dance around is that his opinions are contradicted by science, and he's wrong. Do you have something to say about that?

Covid-19 isn't just the flu or just a cold. There's no big plot to fool people about the pandemic. I could even guarantee that every government in every country in the world would be thrilled if it simply disappeared. Knightly's opinions are rejected here because they're wrong. Every one of his 30 points are wrong and they've been contradicted and debunked by actual experts. Maybe you should do your research more carefully.

Last edited by eerok; 25th December 2021 at 08:00 AM. Reason: typo
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 08:00 AM   #286
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
A friend of mine and his partner won't be joining us for the Generic Mid-winter Festival fest as they're both now working, due to the shortage of medical staff.
Well, here I sit all on my lonesome on Christmas day. Of 14 of us supposedly sitting down to xmas dinner 5 have covid, 2 are heart lung recipients so are staying the hell away from anyone, 2 flew in from switzerland and are isolating in a hotel, 2 more were rocking up from the boonies not any more, I just had the booster so I am a mess of side effects and not fit for human consumption. To add to that, Sarah, 32, suicided.

So thanks to the antivaxxers, merry ******* christmas.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 08:52 AM   #287
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

All you have to do here is come up with good evidence that Covid tests mistake a common cold for Covid. No doubt such evidence is right there and you just forgot to give it to us.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 09:10 AM   #288
sackett
Philosopher

Here, Tom, let me help

Perhaps maybe: That cold due shortages detected the common mandatory could be testing to it which?

Pro tip: When they're in doubt, paraphrase.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 09:14 AM   #289
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

No, they are due to the Omicron variant, as detailed in the post. This disinformation hill you're determined to die on is fast becoming no taller than ant hill.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 10:24 AM   #290
arayder
Master Poster

Last night before church my wife and I had a fancy dinner with one of her/our lifelong friends.

The lady was upset that her niece had torpedoed a family gathering by announcing she planned to bring her unvaccinated family to Christmas dinner. As the conversation progressed and the vine flowed we found out that the mom had let her two pre-teen children decide for themselves it they wanted to get vaccinated.

I thought that was rather disingenuous since the kids had likely been heavily influenced by an anti-vax nuclear family.

The family gathering was shot. Several family members who had driven in from hours away decided to stay in the motel over Christmas and a few vaccinated folks decided to go to the dinner and Christmas Day doings.

-------------------
Dope Clock II: It's been 188 days since Bobby Menard announced plans to create "Artists Valley". So far all he has done is lie through his teeth.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 11:04 AM   #291
eerok
Quixoticist

I spoiled another Christmas dinner by declining to eat with my unvaccinated niece and her family. Omicron is crazy in my province, and I'll just stay home, thanks.
Old 25th December 2021, 11:06 AM   #292
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

You deserve what you get, cultists.
auf dem Thron
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 11:12 AM   #293
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 11:15 AM   #294
welshdean
Heb ei fai, heb ei eni

Yes, maybe!
But you don't deserve to keep giving it to us.
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 11:33 AM   #295
Tom Palven
Thinker

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
All you have to do here is come up with good evidence that Covid tests mistake a common cold for Covid. No doubt such evidence is right there and you just forgot to give it to us.
Right here in Florida they once mistook a motorcycle death for Covid-19.

It's true.

I swear on the soul of my father, Domingo Montoya.

Last edited by Tom Palven; 25th December 2021 at 11:38 AM.
Tom Palven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 11:48 AM   #296
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

It's true.

Outdated info.

Quote:
In late July 2020, Snopes readers began inquiring about news reports that a person killed in a motorcycle crash had been listed as a COVID-19 death in Florida.

Florida was among states experiencing a surge in COVID-19 cases amid the ongoing pandemic, but political leaders including U.S. President Donald Trump and Trump supporters such as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis were criticized for downplaying the virus.

Contrary to what DeSantis stated, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance doesn’t direct caregivers to list all deaths as COVID-19 deaths simply because the disease was detected in the decedent. Instead, it instructs caregivers to list various factors contributing to death in appropriate sections of death certificates. In other words, it does not state that anyone who suffers an unnatural death such as a traffic accident should be listed as a COVID-19-caused death if they also happen to test positive, even if the disease didn’t cause to their death.

It does appear to the case, however, that a motorcyclist who was killed in a traffic accident also tested positive for COVID-19, and was initially listed among Florida’s COVID-19-related deaths. But officials from the Florida Department of Health said that person has since been removed from the count.
Nice try disinformationist.

Now, do you have the evidence Bruto asked for in his post?

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 25th December 2021, 11:54 AM   #297
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

It's true.

WOW, that sure proves that something once might have happened somewhere, all right. It even has something to do with Covid, so it shares a whole five letters with the question. Hats off, gentlemen...

bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 11:59 AM   #298
Tom Palven
Thinker

Originally Posted by Resume View Post

Outdated info.

Nice try disinformationist.

Now, do you have the evidence Bruto asked for in his post?
Dr. Raul Pino, an Orange County health official said that "you could could argue that Covid-19 caused the crash."
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...onavirus-death

After public outcry, officials removed that one death from the Covid-19 count.
Tom Palven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 12:13 PM   #299
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Dr. Raul Pino, an Orange County health official said that "you could could argue that Covid-19 caused the crash."
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...onavirus-death

After public outcry, officials removed that one death from the Covid-19 count.
Yes, it was removed; as a disinformationist, you left that out of your original post, and likely would never have acknowledged it, hadn't you been corrected.

So, do you have the evidence bruto asked for?

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 25th December 2021, 12:15 PM   #300
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

It's true.

Implying that >800,000 dead Americans are miscategorized deaths of all kinds simply because of one clerical error made under pressure and later corrected is, frankly, an incredibly stupid argument.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 12:18 PM   #301
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Conspiracy theorists of all stripes, from flat earthers to moon hoaxers to alien invasionists, all invariably fall back on characterizing massive scientific consensus as a "cult".
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 12:25 PM   #302
Tom Palven
Thinker

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
Implying that >800,000 dead Americans are miscategorized deaths of all kinds simply because of one clerical error made under pressure and later corrected is, frankly, an incredibly stupid argument.
Do you have any evidence that that was a clerical error?

The politically-appointed medical examiner argued that it was a valid assessment.

Who knows how many heart attacks and cancer deaths have been attributed to CV-19?

Last edited by Tom Palven; 25th December 2021 at 12:27 PM.
Old 25th December 2021, 12:35 PM   #303
MBDK
Scholar

Well, I'm not a member of the only cult I've seen promoted in this thread - namely the cult of personality that worships Putin.

Still, since it's Christmas, I dedicate this blast from the past to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0&t=3s
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 12:45 PM   #304
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Do you have the evidence bruto requested in post #287?

Quote:
Who knows how many heart attacks and cancer deaths have been attributed to CV-19?
Do you have any evidence this has occurred in significant numbers? Or are you jaqing off?

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 25th December 2021, 12:52 PM   #305
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by MBDK View Post
Well, I'm not a member of the only cult I've seen promoted in this thread - namely the cult of personality that worships Putin.

Still, since it's Christmas, I dedicate this blast from the past to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0&t=3s

Super lame. Living Colour? LOL

It wasn't me who did bring up Putin or David Icke in this thread. It were weak-minded pseudo-skeptics who cannot deal with the arguments (countless times only crickets).

Here, an answer for you that is 911 times better than your lame song:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
auf dem Thron
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 12:57 PM   #306
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Super . . .
да това́рищ.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 25th December 2021, 12:58 PM   #307
MBDK
Scholar

The politically-appointed medical examiner argued that it was a valid assessment.

In relative order to your nonsense:

Yes, the entire situation of it being a one-off.

No he didn't, he said, "But you could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash. I don’t know the conclusion of that one.” Basically he said that such an argument COULD be made, but that he didn't KNOW if it was valid.

Speculation over numbers involving above 800,000 listed deaths based on ONE clerical error is fundamentally illogical and an indication of deep desperation.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 01:08 PM   #308
MBDK
Scholar

Here, an answer for you that is 911 times better than your lame song:
Your answer does two things:

1) Validates Putin's C. of P.

2) Proves such empty pop junk appeals to the mentally torpid.
Old 25th December 2021, 01:08 PM   #309
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

It's true.

But that was not the question I asked or even close to it. You suggested that Covid tests mistakenly identify common colds as Covid. It was not a question about how deaths are attributed, or whether a misattributed motorcycle death might skew a nation's statistics. It was and only was, related to whether you have evidence that Covid tests claim that common colds are Covid. Just that.

Old 25th December 2021, 01:21 PM   #310
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by MBDK View Post
Your answer does two things:

1) Validates Putin's C. of P.

2) Proves such empty pop junk appeals to the mentally torpid.

auf dem Thron
Old 25th December 2021, 01:27 PM   #311
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Well, here I sit all on my lonesome on Christmas day. Of 14 of us supposedly sitting down to xmas dinner 5 have covid, 2 are heart lung recipients so are staying the hell away from anyone, 2 flew in from switzerland and are isolating in a hotel, 2 more were rocking up from the boonies not any more, I just had the booster so I am a mess of side effects and not fit for human consumption. To add to that, Sarah, 32, suicided.

So thanks to the antivaxxers, merry ******* christmas.
Ouch.
Pleasantly crowded here, ten humans and the cat.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 01:27 PM   #312
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
At least consistent with all the other arguments offered by our intrepid correspondent.
Old 25th December 2021, 01:28 PM   #313
catsmate
No longer the 1

It's true.

Old 25th December 2021, 01:32 PM   #314
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Covid is nothing to worry about: it is extremely rarely fatal.. The huge number of deaths is due to government hit squads.
so nothing to worry about.

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 01:33 PM   #315
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
But that was not the question I asked or even close to it. You suggested that Covid tests mistakenly identify common colds as Covid. It was not a question about how deaths are attributed, or whether a misattributed motorcycle death might skew a nation's statistics. It was and only was, related to whether you have evidence that Covid tests claim that common colds are Covid. Just that.

Ever heard about Kary Mullis, the inventor of the PCR-Test? He won a Nobel Prize for it and had some interesting things to say. "Conveniently" died in late 2019. Here are two minutes of what he said about the criminal Anthony Fauci:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
auf dem Thron
Old 25th December 2021, 01:37 PM   #316
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

it's true! Fauci murdered him!

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 01:44 PM   #317
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

'Mullis attracted controversy for denying humans' role in climate change and for expressing doubts that HIV causes AIDS.'

So this chap managed to do something to benefit humanity in spite of being an absolute loon. His views on Dr. Fauci are no doubt equally reliable.
Old 25th December 2021, 01:55 PM   #318
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
'Mullis attracted controversy for denying humans' role in climate change and for expressing doubts that HIV causes AIDS.'.

'Steve is an absolute loon from down-under who believes in every big lie ever told. If people who have, unlike Steve, shown their brilliance in other fields, doubt even one of those big lies, Steve thinks he can dismiss all of their statements.'

Just quoting from somewhere on the internet.
auf dem Thron

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 25th December 2021 at 01:59 PM.
Old 25th December 2021, 01:57 PM   #319
MBDK
Scholar

Ever heard about Kary Mullis, the inventor of the PCR-Test? He won a Nobel Prize for it and had some interesting things to say.
Do you understand his argument? Do you understand how, even if correct, it has no impact on its ability to identify the presence of COVID-19?
Old 25th December 2021, 01:58 PM   #320
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Ever heard about Kary Mullis, the inventor of the PCR-Test? He won a Nobel Prize for it and had some interesting things to say. "Conveniently" died in late 2019. Here are two minutes of what he said about the criminal Anthony Fauci:

I AGREE
Was my question about Fauci? I don't think so. Was my question about what you think about this or that? I don't think so. I realize that it is out of fashion these days to think of only one thing at a time, and clearly beyond the capability of many to understand how a question could possibly be about what it is about, but my question, foolishly narrow though it might be, was whether Tom Palven's assertion that Covid tests are mistakenly identifying common colds as Covid is backed by credible evidence. By the way, I probably omitted the qualifier of "credible" before, out of mistaken optimism, but suggest that it would be helpful if it is not utter crap.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories