IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Dennis McKenzie , psychic detectives

Old 6th March 2005, 07:48 AM   #1
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Dennis Mckenzie big success!

According to full page article in Daily Star Sunday,claiming he helped with catchiong of Witchita killer,complete with toally unsimiliar drawing of killer(caption reads"Accurate except for the hair")I dont know if there is anything online,Im on a cafe comp. as mine is goosed at mo.But when Im back online I ll wruite up article.Its the usual rubbish ,but there is an email contact for Mckenzie which I'll post as well.
Old 6th March 2005, 10:20 AM   #2
walthrup48

Re: Dennis Mckenzie big success!

Quote:
Originally posted by Azrael 5
[...] complete with toally unsimiliar drawing of killer(caption reads"Accurate except for the hair")[...]
Bwahaha! I'm gonna scan the pics and post 'em tomorrow so everyone can see just how "Dennis got Rader right - apart from the hair". Un-freakin'-believable.

Is it me or does DM look like the in-between stage of Bruce Banner turning into the Hulk?
walthrup48 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2005, 08:14 AM   #3
Ashles
Pith Artist

I cannot BELIEVE Dennis "The FRAUD" McKenzie is trying to scrape credit from this!

From The Wichita Eagle

Quote:
For the record, the insights provided last year by a visiting British psychic also appear to be far wide of the mark. He sensed that BTK was self-employed, as either a maintenance man or plumber.

But respect where it's due:
The newspaper that touted Dennis' involvement has had the actual guts and integrity to print a failed psychic result.

Maybe our little e-mail campaign helped.
Old 7th March 2005, 08:32 AM   #4
Ashles
Pith Artist

Dennis' drawings:

What Dennis reckoned the killer looked like:

http://images.myphotoalbum.com/g/gh/...dm01.thumb.jpg

What Dennis reckoned the killer looked like in disguise:

http://images.myphotoalbum.com/g/gh/...dm02.thumb.jpg

What Dennis reckoned the killer would look like today:

http://images.myphotoalbum.com/g/gh/...dm03.thumb.jpg

(EDIT: these links don't quite work - you may have to right click and copy the shortcut and paste it into your browser address bar - I will try and provide better links)

The actual (alleged) killer:

Click here to see more images and details of Dennis Rader

I reckon it's about time to e-mail Bad Psychics on this particular subject.

EDITED: To fix links
Old 7th March 2005, 08:38 AM   #5
Ashles
Pith Artist

Re: Dennis Mckenzie big success!

Quote:
According to full page article in Daily Star Sunday
Just to clarify for non-UK citizens:

Don't worry - the Daily Star isn't really considered a newspaper as such. It is merely what we use as cheap firelighters, convenient dog pooper scooper and to stuff up draughty chimneys.

Anyone in the UK who actually reads the Star and believes what they read is considered a rather unfortunate individual deserving of pity, a program of powerful sedative drugs and usually locking away in a dark secure place.
Old 7th March 2005, 08:57 AM   #6
Sloe_Bohemian
Critical Thinker

[sarcasm/]
Wow. I'm much more amazed at the resemblance to Gary Burghoff (Radar from TV's M*A*S*H). Maybe the casting director for the television series was psychicly influenced in selecting Burghoff because of his resemblance to this Radar? It was the spiritworld's attempt to help Wichita police solve the crime back when it first developed.

BwAH-AH-HA-Ha-Ha-ha-a-a-a....... oo.. spooky

[/sarcasm ]
Every event in life is more complex and intricate than is bourne out in the results. Like the Mona Lisa, the portrait is often simple and straight forward... but the painting of it shows true genius. And thus is such as is this letter, the sending of which involved more than just the simple words strung together here.... I yelled at the monitor too.
Sloe_Bohemian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2005, 04:05 PM   #7
Luke T.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ashles
I cannot BELIEVE Dennis "The FRAUD" McKenzie is trying to scrape credit from this!

From The Wichita Eagle
Doesn't sound like the police profilers scored any better than the psychic.
Luke T. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2005, 05:32 PM   #8
walthrup48

Bruce Banner -> Dennis McKenzie -> Hulk

I rest my case.
walthrup48 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2005, 11:40 AM   #9
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Quote:
Just to clarify for non-UK citizens Don't worry - the Daily Star isn't really considered a newspaper as such. It is merely what we use as cheap firelighters, convenient dog pooper scooper and to stuff up draughty chimneys.
Thats harsh Ashles,but not neccasarily false,lol!Here's some useful contacts for Dennis Mckenzie info@jemgroup.co.uk and 0208 324 2230 You all know what to do!!

Incidentally Mckenzie was mentioned on Richard & Judy(UK mediocre chat show)yesterday,as the parent of one of the murdered Soham girls was on :Kevin Wells.Its hard to criticize Kevin Wells after what he suffered,but R & J should know better than to gush "Incredible", "Astonishing" etc.His clues as mentioned:"Letter O and C in the street name of killer,correct colour and shape of car and feeble descriptions of perpertrator.A windmill without sails(a corn silo was behind Huntley's house apparently)near water bla blah blah.The girls knew their killer,his name etc but this info was never recieved psychically! An email to Richard and Judy has been sent.

Have you emailed him yet???
Old 8th March 2005, 11:52 AM   #10
Ashles
Pith Artist

Quote:
Thats harsh Ashles,but not neccasarily false,lol!Here's some useful contacts for Dennis Mckenzie info@jemgroup.co.uk and 0208 324 2230 You all know what to do!!

Incidentally Mckenzie was mentioned on Richard & Judy(UK mediocre chat show)yesterday,as the parent of one of the murdered Soham girls was on :Kevin Wells.Its hard to criticize Kevin Wells after what he suffered,but R & J should know better than to gush "Incredible", "Astonishing" etc.His clues as mentioned:"Letter O and C in the street name of killer,correct colour and shape of car and feeble descriptions of perpertrator.A windmill without sails(a corn silo was behind Huntley's house apparently)near water bla blah blah.The girls knew their killer,his name etc but this info was never recieved psychically! An email to Richard and Judy has been sent.

Have you emailed him yet???
I'm not sure there would be any particular point in e-mailing Dennis himself. I'm pretty sure he already knows exactly how psychic he really is.

It's tricky with Richard and Judy as, to be fair, they are sometimes reasonably sceptical, but the nature of their show means they often get people like Kevin Wells on who have been through awful experiences.

I think it might be a bit much to ask R & J to start telling him how Dennis McKenzie is probably just a media hungry leech who has all the psychic ability of a big fat radish.
It might have been nice to have had a policeman on as well to say something like "Well we like to think that we may have had just a little something to do with the arrest and conviction".

"I see a car, and some water... a windmill without sails..."
"How about a frigging name or address or motive!"
Old 8th March 2005, 03:02 PM   #11
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Maybe Ashles,you are right.But they gave the impression they believed Mckenzie was so accurate,and I think they should try be a bit sceptical.But yes,laughing in Kevin Wells face wouldn't be the done thing.I emailed them anyway,got an automated reply saying they reply to individual emails,so we'll see...

Originally posted by Ashles..
Quote:
I'm not sure there would be any particular point in e-mailing Dennis himself. I'm pretty sure he already knows exactly how psychic he really is.
Right again,but I wonder if anyone has ever told him.By tomorrow someone will
Old 8th March 2005, 04:52 PM   #12
Ashles
Pith Artist

Quote:
Maybe Ashles,you are right.But they gave the impression they believed Mckenzie was so accurate,and I think they should try be a bit sceptical.But yes,laughing in Kevin Wells face wouldn't be the done thing.I emailed them anyway,got an automated reply saying they reply to individual emails,so we'll see...

Originally posted by Ashles..

Right again,but I wonder if anyone has ever told him.By tomorrow someone will
Azrael sometimes you impress even me.
Old 9th March 2005, 03:13 AM   #13
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Quote:
Azrael sometimes you impress even me.
Aw shucks
Old 10th March 2005, 07:40 AM   #14
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Mckenzies agent has replied to my email I sent,here is what she has to say.No doubt it wont suprise anyone.

Quote:
We are the agents for Dennis McKenzie and as such get the pleasure of replying to emails on his behalf. I therefore acknowledge your email and would like to take this opportunity to point out a couple of things to you.Firstly Kevin Wells, in the interview, gave his record of the information Dennis gave him. This information was of course Dennis opinion and beliefs at the time, the facts came later when it appears that the descriptions Dennis gave, during the first meeting, seemed to be accurate. At no point did Dennis claim to solve the case or assist the Police and neither Kevin Wells nor Dennis have said this. The relationship is between the Wells family and Dennis and if Kevin wishes to inform the public of this then surely your argument is with Kevin Wells not our Client.Secondly, whatever your views are on Dennis they are your views and you are of course entitled to them, however as a journalist, as you to state you are, then you should be aware that once you get personnel people often loose respect for your views as your argument should be based on facts not your views on their appearance therefore referring to Dennis as fat and stupid is quite frankly irrelevant and exceptionally rude.
I await your replies before I send an email back.
ETA:Spelling errors are as written.
Old 10th March 2005, 08:29 AM   #15
Ashles
Pith Artist

Azrael, let me just get this straight.

You wrote to Dennis McKenzie's agent. You posed as a reporter. You said that Dennis was not responsible for solving the Soham case.
Then you called Dennis fat and stupid?

And they still responded?

They don't exactly sound like the cream of the crop of agents.
Especially as they can't even spell 'personal'.

Well we do have something interesting from their response:
Quote:
At no point did Dennis claim to solve the case or assist the Police and neither Kevin Wells nor Dennis have said this.
Of course here it is reported:
Quote:
McKenzie said he has worked on four criminal investigations, one of which greatly enhanced his reputation in England.

On Aug. 4, 2002, two 10-year-old girls disappeared from the village of Soham. After visiting the town, he gave police a series of clues that pointed to the killer.

"Two weeks later, everything I said came true," he said.
Now the casual reader might just interpret that as indicating he had helped solve the claim.

Or here where it is reported:
Quote:
The new insight came in the form of a British psychic named Dennis McKenzie who traveled with the crew to Wichita. Freed said that McKenzie has successfully assisted in several high profile investigations, including the Soham murders.
This is exactly why people have the incorrect notion that psychics help police in cases.

Let's just remind oursleves once more - from Dennis McKenzie's own agent:

Quote:
At no point did Dennis claim to solve the case or assist the Police and neither Kevin Wells nor Dennis have said this.

Right I think that's clear enough.
Old 10th March 2005, 09:58 AM   #16
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Quote:
Azrael, let me just get this straightYou wrote to Dennis McKenzie's agent. You posed as a reporter. You said that Dennis was not responsible for solving the Soham case.
Then you called Dennis fat and stupid?

And they still responded?
Thats about the size of it my old mate.I have replied pointing out a few things,like what about the information he didn't get,like Huntley's name,address,where the bodies were hidden?
Also questioned her morals representing scum like Mckenzie.She was keen to reply last time,maybe not now...

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal