ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags nonsense , mdc , challenge application , jim greene

Old 11th July 2005, 01:33 PM   #1
KRAMER
Former challenge facilitator

FUNNY

Dear Mr. Randi:

I accept your $1,000,000 Challenge.

My wife can turn money into crap and she can do it in front of your eyes and under any testing conditions your heart desires. I’ve seen her do it thousands of times and I’m quite sure you will be impressed with this supernatural event.

When can the three of us meet?

Jim Greene

San Francisco

P.S. Would it be OK if you made the check out to me instead of the little lady?
Old 25th July 2005, 11:28 AM   #2
KRAMER
Former challenge facilitator

Mr. Randi:

In addition to my wife being able to turn money into crap and my ability to predict with 100% accuracy when face cards are dealt at the blackjack table, I have another rare gift that can only be described as paranormal.

For some reason, I can mentally send out signals through television microwaves that decrease President Bush’s I.Q. by 5 points. I can do this at will. The only two conditions required are that the President must be on live TV and the solar flares generated to the East Coast of the United States must not exceed a three hour K index above 6.5. I have performed this demonstration many times in front of others, each time to their total amazement. In fact, while viewing my unique talent, most people are so impressed and mesmerized, when I am sending out signals their jaws fall wide open in awe.

I know this will be very hard to prove for two reasons. First of all, when you think about it, it will be very difficult, if not impossible for the person of average intelligence and perception to notice that the President is indeed dumber. Second of all, the President most likely won’t subject himself to scientific testing. Therefore, confirming my challenge will require the fine eye and subjective judgment of an experienced man of science like you, Mr. Randi. I am confident that if you allow me to perform my talent in front of you and during a time when the President is on live television you will be equally amazed and have no choice but to agree that my talent is indeed paranormal and deserving of the $1,000,000.

In the spirit of patriotism I will not perform this feat again until I do so in front of you. I don’t want the President to be a total idiot when we meet.

I hope I have caught you before you shaved your beard and moved to a remote South Pacific island. You can run but you can not hide.

Jim Greene,
San Francisco

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications