ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags CT humor

Old 12th April 2006, 03:21 PM   #1
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

The Death Star Destruction was an Inside Job!

These are questions and points that the so-called 'Empire' or the alleged 'Rebellion' cannot answer!

A long time ago in a Galaxy far away most of us saw the Death Star being destroyed. We all heard or saw much of the tale. But since that time several lingering FACTS have come out to make us doubt 'The Official Story'

1) No Death Star was ever destroyed in the manner seen. Entropy tells us that the Death Star should have sat around for a long time, until falling into a Black Hole.

2) The 'Chain Reaction Photon Torpedo' theory is absurd and has no basis in fact! A Hut mechanic has being quoted as saying that the only way such an explosion could have happened is if someone threw a wrench into the power core!

3) The alleged 'target' for the 'Chain Reaction' to start was no bigger than 2 meters! Simply an impossible target.

4) The Death Star, according to its specifications, was supposed to have sufficient firepower to fend off an entire fleet of warships. Yet somehow a handful of obsolete fighters were able to dance around on its surface?!!!!

5) Several reports were heard of 'earlier explosions' happening on the Death Star. Claims that these were results of other Photon Torpedoes do not make sense! Obviously the Death Star was destroyed with planted explosives placed in the walls when the thing was built.

6) Conveniently, the man second only to the Emporer himself was stationed a the Death Star. Yet he conveniently is 'out in a TIE Fighter' when the place blows up! Since when do our leaders fly in barely armored fighters!!!!!!!!? Some months later the same leader kills several Imperial Commanders who obviously asked too many questions!

7) A Freighter backup co-pilot claimed that flying in the 'approach trench' as hypothsised by the Imperial WTFJH comittee is 'impossible'. The trench, as seen in photos was obviously too narrow to fly anything in and is filled with TurboLasers in case anyone tries to do it!

8) The aforementioned Leader, as documents reveal, is actually the FATHER of the 'General S.' credited with destroying the Death Star!! Coincidence?!

9) Even more stunning is that merely days, or perhaps HOURS before the destruction of the Death Star, said 'General S' was actually ON THE DEATH STAR!!!!

10) Other sources indicate that 'General S' had no formal training as a pilot!!! He was described back at his planet of origin as being a 'dreamy kid, reckless, and always wanting to make his speeder go faster! Hardly the qualifications needed to perform such a task.

11) There was only one known survivor for the Empire and less than Half a dozen for the 'Rebellion'. Obviously both have been at work killing any potential whistleblowers!

12) Mere months after the destruction of the First Death Star, another one is suddenly in place!! It would seem that the Galaxyists plan these things in advance!!!

13) The Emporer, when getting news of the destruction, was at a Clone Training base, intimidating young clones into proper behavior. When informed, he continued to intimidate the youngsters and all the others in the area! Obviously he must have known in advance what would happen!!!

14) In another convenient 'coincidence' it turns out that the 'General S' and The Imperial Leader who survived both knew and work with the same person: A 'General K'.

OK, this is starting to hurt now. I'll let others add to the list

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 03:32 PM   #2
hurdygurdy
Critical Thinker

Gee, all these facts debunk the official movie. Well, what could you expect from the guy who was behind "Howard the Duck"?
hurdygurdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 03:34 PM   #3
Nyarlathotep
Philosopher

15) Later records indicate that the plans for the Death Star fell into the hands of the rebellion inside of a droid that had once been owned by the Empires #2 man, in the company of another droid BUILT by the Empires #2 man, and accompanied by a message from his daughter!
Nyarlathotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 03:36 PM   #4
Manny
Illuminator

16) Some reports place a freighter known to belong to a known smuggler in the vicinity of not one, but BOTH death star "explosions." What, or WHO, was he smuggling in or out of those Death Stars?
Manny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 03:40 PM   #5
Nyarlathotep
Philosopher

17) General S. Was seen by several eyewitnesses to give the aforementioned droids as "gifts" to a notorious Hutt Gangster just before the second Death Star became operational. The gangster was killed in a supsicious "sailbarge accident" shortly thereafter. What were they trying to cover up?
Nyarlathotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 03:49 PM   #6
Metullus
Forum ¾-Wit Pro Tem

18) Both General S. and the No. 2 man in the Empire were, or had been, members of an elite secret society calling themselves "Jedi Knights".

Aristotle taught that the brain exists merely to cool the blood and is not involved in the process of thinking. This is true only of certain persons. - Will Cuppy
Metullus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 03:54 PM   #7
Nyarlathotep
Philosopher

19) The official story of the destruction of the second Death Star makes no more sense than the first. How did a small tribe of furry Ewoks overcome a batatlion of crack Imperial Stormtroopers, who not only had blasters but were reknowned for their shooting acuracy?

20) General S.' wherabouts cannot be accounted for between his appearance at the Battle of Hoth and his role in the desctruction of the second Death Star. Some sources put him on Bespin.....MEETING WITH HIS FATHER!
Old 12th April 2006, 03:54 PM   #8
Manny
Illuminator

21) The smuggler was involved in an altercation at the Mos Isley SpacePort just days before being seen at the scene of the first Death Star "explosion." Witness reports were unanimous that he wantonly murdered his companion. Yet the video indicates that he was fired upon and only fired back in self defense! What power is manipulating those video tapes or those witnesses?
Manny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 04:05 PM   #9
UrsulaV
Muse

Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
19) The official story of the destruction of the second Death Star makes no more sense than the first. How did a small tribe of furry Ewoks overcome a batatlion of crack Imperial Stormtroopers, who not only had blasters but were reknowned for their shooting acuracy?
I've always felt this was the weakest part of the official version, and expresses the total contempt of the galaxists for the intelligence of the public. A child could see the holes in this logic, and yet we are expected to swallow this tripe?

Worse yet, many of the videos of the explosion of the Death Star now appear to have been heavily doctored after the fact!
UrsulaV is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 04:07 PM   #10
senorpogo
Master Poster

I think you need to edit your post to fully convey the seriousness of this conspiracy. Also, needs more links. Something like this maybe?

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
These are questions and points that the so-called 'Empire' or the alleged 'Rebellion' cannot answer!

A long time ago in a Galaxy far away most of us saw the Death Star being destroyed. We all heard or saw much of the tale. But since that time several lingering FACTS have come out to make us doubt 'The Official Story'

1) No Death Star was ever destroyed in the manner seen. Entropy tells us that the Death Star should have sat around for a long time, until falling into a Black Hole.

OK, this is starting to hurt now. I'll let others add to the list
senorpogo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 04:09 PM   #11
senorpogo
Master Poster

Wikipedia notes that the Death Star looks strikingly similar to a moon of Saturn. That seems HIGHLY suspicious.
senorpogo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 04:12 PM   #12
hurdygurdy
Critical Thinker

22) The Rebels' spiritual leader, Yoda, hasn't been seen in decades. Many academics claim that he's a myth. Anyway, he still hasn't dared to apply for the 1.000.000 credits challenge to prove "The Force".
hurdygurdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 04:16 PM   #13
Nyarlathotep
Philosopher

23)Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this argument? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this argument! It does not make sense! So if Chewbacca was a wookie, and he lived on Endor, then the Death Star was an inside job.
Old 12th April 2006, 04:22 PM   #14
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

24) It was obviously Darth Vader, himself, who masterminded the destruction. He wanted to "prove" such a technological terror was useless next to the power of The Force. And, might I add, "force" is only one letter different from "farce"!!!! That proves the theory!!!!!!!!!

SkeptiCamp NYC: http://www.skepticampnyc.org/
An open conference on science and skepticism, where you could be a presenter!

By the way, my first name is NOT Bowerick!!!!
Wowbagger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 04:25 PM   #15
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

There never was a Death Star. It was all filmed on a hyper secret back lot in Hollywood. It was sponsored by the One Galaxy Society. All to get us peons to regain confidence in the system. I know because my uncle works at Jedi Central, but now that I've told you that, my live is forfeit, and I'll have to go into hiding before "they" come to
Old 12th April 2006, 04:26 PM   #16
senorpogo
Master Poster

I've noticed that if you watch the explosion of the Death Star in Quicktime in very high resolution odd, pixelated artifacts are visible that appear to be minor explosions that cause no real structural damage but eerily occur moments before the larger explosion of the Death Star.
Old 12th April 2006, 04:26 PM   #17
bob_kark
Person of Hench

When are you CTers going to learn? I've heard all your ridiculous claims before. I just have one question for you. Can you find one Aerospace Structural engineer to back any of the wild claims you've made?
bob_kark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 04:33 PM   #18
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

:d

ETA: what the hell happend to my smilie?
Old 12th April 2006, 04:35 PM   #19
Metullus
Forum ¾-Wit Pro Tem

"They" got to it...

Aristotle taught that the brain exists merely to cool the blood and is not involved in the process of thinking. This is true only of certain persons. - Will Cuppy
Metullus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 04:36 PM   #20
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Originally Posted by RandFan View Post
:d

ETA: what the hell happend to my smilie?
He's licking his lips.
bob_kark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 04:37 PM   #21
Manny
Illuminator

Originally Posted by bob_kark View Post
When are you CTers going to learn? I've heard all your ridiculous claims before. I just have one question for you. Can you find one Aerospace Structural engineer to back any of the wild claims you've made?
Oh yeah, like they will talk. Every Aerospace Structural engineer in the galaxy was employed on the "Death Star" project. They know where they're bread is buttered!
Old 12th April 2006, 04:40 PM   #22
LordoftheLeftHand
Graduate Poster

Through many long hours of research I discovered that before the first destruction of the military base; the same tramp freighter which was present at both destructions; blasted its way past a military patrol on a desert planet; then made an unscheduled landing on the base in question….

And guess who was on board? The #2 guy’s son! And it appears that the #2 guy’s daughter left the base on the tramp freighter not long before it was destroyed! How did it get away you ask? Someone "accidently" left the tractor beam off is the official story!

Strange how the Imperial Navy knew to evacuate the #2 guy’s kid’s right before the base was supposedly destroyed by terrorists!

And now they want us to believe his son is a “major player” in the terroristic revolution.

We have been sold a bill of goods!

LLH

LordoftheLeftHand is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 04:42 PM   #23
senorpogo
Master Poster

Transcripts of a high level meeting between Imperial officers reveal that Grand Moff Tarkin, commander of the Death Star said, "Any attack made by the Rebels against this station would be a
useless gesture, no matter what technical data they've obtained. This
station is now the ultimate power in the universe."

By the empire's own admission, the Death Star was impervious to attack.
Old 12th April 2006, 04:42 PM   #24
Metullus
Forum ¾-Wit Pro Tem

Plus they claim that the #2 guy killed his kid's mentor. Well, if he did, where is the body?

Old 12th April 2006, 04:44 PM   #25
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Originally Posted by manny View Post
Oh yeah, like they will talk. Every Aerospace Structural engineer in the galaxy was employed on the "Death Star" project. They know where they're bread is buttered!
Oh right, like it takes every Aerospace Structural engineer to rebuild a sphere!! Come on!
Old 12th April 2006, 04:47 PM   #26
Manny
Illuminator

I didn't realize that you were a sphere hugger. We've got nothing more to discuss.
Old 12th April 2006, 04:49 PM   #27
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Oh right, like it takes every Aerospace Structural engineer to rebuild a sphere!! Come on!
LOL! Do your homework!
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 04:50 PM   #28
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Originally Posted by senorpogo View Post
Transcripts of a high level meeting between Imperial officers reveal that Grand Moff Tarkin, commander of the Death Star said, "Any attack made by the Rebels against this station would be a
useless gesture, no matter what technical data they've obtained. This
station is now the ultimate power in the universe."

By the empire's own admission, the Death Star was impervious to attack.
No one expected their to be an attack on the Death Star using "the force" at the time, it wasn't built to withstand an attack like that. The Empire thought they'd wiped all the Jedis out. Why build a "Jedi proof" Death Star if there are no Jedis?
Old 12th April 2006, 04:54 PM   #29
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
LOL! Do your homework!
Do your own! I have definative proof that the Rebels destroyed the Death Star here!
Old 12th April 2006, 04:56 PM   #30
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

No one expected their to be an attack on the Death Star using "the force" at the time, it wasn't built to withstand an attack like that. The Empire thought they'd wiped all the Jedis out. Why build a "Jedi proof" Death Star if there are no Jedis?

This guy's hilarious!
So you're saying that a ragged band of "rebels" defeated the most advanced space defense system in the GALAXY? That sounds like a conspiracy theory!

OWNED!!!
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 04:58 PM   #31
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Do your own! I have definative proof that the Rebels destroyed the Death Star here!
That piece of garbage has been debunked for ages!
Old 12th April 2006, 05:02 PM   #32
senorpogo
Master Poster

Propaganda put out by the zionist/jedi media conspiracy. You would believe something so obviously fake.
Old 12th April 2006, 05:04 PM   #33
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Can we ban this guy!!!? He's obviously his troll and won't agree that we are right and are always right about the Death Star and them impending invasion of Dantoine by the Galaxyists!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 05:06 PM   #34
bob_kark
Person of Hench

This guy's hilarious!
So you're saying that a ragged band of "rebels" defeated the most advanced space defense system in the GALAXY? That sounds like a conspiracy theory!

OWNED!!!
I find your lack of faith disturbing. The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together. Seems like you don't know jack about Teh Fizorce!!

Well, then again, the Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

PWNEDZORZ!!!
Old 12th April 2006, 05:09 PM   #35
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Originally Posted by senorpogo View Post
Propaganda put out by the zionist/jedi media conspiracy. You would believe something so obviously fake.
So you support StormFront?
Old 12th April 2006, 05:10 PM   #36
bob_kark
Person of Hench

That piece of garbage has been debunked for ages!
Really, by which Aerospace Structural engineer?
Old 12th April 2006, 05:11 PM   #37
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Can we ban this guy!!!? He's obviously his troll and won't agree that we are right and are always right about the Death Star and them impending invasion of Dantoine by the Galaxyists!
Please show me where in the membership agreement it states you can ban me because you don't agree with my opinion. Coward!

Last edited by bob_kark; 12th April 2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12th April 2006, 05:11 PM   #38
Bronze Dog
Copper Alloy Canid

I should have seen this coming. Glad I'm alone, otherwise I'd be getting strange looks.

Warning: Beware of contaminated water supplies! Suspected source of contamination: Sarah-I

A non-Rockstar Rambler and dissector of Doggerel
Bronze Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2006, 05:11 PM   #39
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Originally Posted by Metullus View Post
"They" got to it...
I know, it was really wierd. I clicked on a smilie and then submit and it disapeared.

They're watching...
Old 12th April 2006, 05:13 PM   #40
delphi_ote
Philosopher

Nothing to add.

I just wanted to thank you guys for giving me a big laugh on a day that I really need one.
delphi_ote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal