ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags loose change forum , gravy , djlegacy

Old 6th June 2006, 09:47 AM   #1
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

DJLegacy of LC Forum Proves Gravy Dead Wrong!

As soon as he gets here, that is....

eta: link

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links

Last edited by Gravy; 6th June 2006 at 10:08 AM.
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 09:48 AM   #2
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
As soon as he gets here, that is....
Isn't a very prolific writer, is he ?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 10:00 AM   #3
Apollyon
Muse

How long has DJLegacy been making the claim that he is in the process of debunking your debunking, Gravy? It sure seems like it's been quite a while now.

Must be all that careful, in-depth research that's taking so much time.
Apollyon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 10:03 AM   #4
delphi_ote
Philosopher

Be vigilant, my ninja brethren! He could strike at any moment!

Must... stay... alert...
delphi_ote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 10:07 AM   #5
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
*Huntmans sneaks in and ties a tripwire with enpty tin cans around the trhead*

There, now it's got an alarm and we can take a nap.
Old 6th June 2006, 10:10 AM   #6
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

He's busy training. Working hard on mastering his Tu Quoque Technique.
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=5147
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 10:18 AM   #7
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Someone told him about this at LC forum, right?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 10:25 AM   #8
XXX
Thinker

Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
How long has DJLegacy been making the claim that he is in the process of debunking your debunking, Gravy? It sure seems like it's been quite a while now.

Must be all that careful, in-depth research that's taking so much time.
Exactly. Always a work in progress. And the LCers can sleep at night knowing that, even though THEY don't know exactly how Gravy has been debunked, that Mr DJ man does and he's hard at work on the guide. So they can just ignore Gravy's guide because it has been "debunked" (even though it hasn't). Nice little arrangement. It's like when they post a like to that pathetic "debunking" of 911 myths, and act like they've actually made a point. (That one too of course is still a work in progress of course) I wounder if they've even read it.
XXX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 10:30 AM   #9
strathmeyer
Master Poster

I like how the guy just keeps saying that he is working on it, and can't actually point out anything that Gravy said that was wrong, or... you know... that thing that forums are meant for... involve himself in a discussion with other people about it.
strathmeyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 10:34 AM   #10
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
He's busy training. Working hard on mastering his Tu Quoque Technique.
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=5147
Thanks a LOT, chipmunk

Quote:
I will respond to Gravy not because that goofball article does anything to discredit the movement, but because the dude is a complete tool and a hypocrite.

Skeptics use his article like the bible and all it is, is a bunch of garbage. He draws a conclusion is his head then finds unsourced quotes to try to turn the tide his way...just like he blames LC of doing...go figure....

You people blame followers of LC for backing a documentary that "is full of rhetoric and lacks substance"...but yet you all quote Gravy like his article isnt complete ********....

Time for these types of people to be put in their place...Period...You want to discredit Dylan and the group...I'll show you how much ******** your side is as well...

Im not doing this to defend LC, we all admit their are problems with it, this is a about the truth...

Gravy is a hypocritical peice of trash....period.

Clear enough?

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=4965896
Okay, y'all don't need to post any more links to how much DJ thinks I'm full of it. You're upsetting the corgi.

Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 10:38 AM   #11
azazal
Ninja Wave: Techno Ninja

hmmm, scans Gravy's debunk of LC, yeap I see some sources there. Checks LC, holds back urge to vomit, nope, no real sources there.

Must be the ninja vision getting in my way.
Old 6th June 2006, 10:39 AM   #12
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Thanks a LOT, chipmunk

Okay, y'all don't need to post any more links to how much DJ thinks I'm full of it. You're upsetting the corgi.
You have to admin though, it is par for the course for them. Make an accusation and don't back it up with any evidence.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 10:47 AM   #13
dubfan
Critical Thinker

None of these Gravy "debunkings" will address any of his facts.

They will cherry pick spots where Gravy stated a personal opinion, used sarcasm, or dropped a footnote. Then they'll yell..."see he's just as bad as Loose Change!" without a hint of irony.

And that will be their "debunking".

ETA: the walkback has already started.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of what he was never reasoned into." -- Jonathan Swift

Last edited by dubfan; 6th June 2006 at 10:52 AM.
dubfan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 11:00 AM   #14
Orb
Critical Thinker

DK says he is awaiting account approval. I wonder if there was an issue with his registration? I seem to remember others at LC didn't like our registration process.
Orb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 11:05 AM   #15
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Orb View Post
DK says he is awaiting account approval. I wonder if there was an issue with his registration? I seem to remember others at LC didn't like our registration process.
Well, it is a moderated registration process--if he just now registered, he may not be approved for another 24-48 hours. I'll back off until he shows.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 11:19 AM   #16
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by azazal View Post
hmmm, scans Gravy's debunk of LC, yeap I see some sources there. Checks LC, holds back urge to vomit, nope, no real sources there.

Must be the ninja vision getting in my way.
There's plenty to criticize in the way I put my critique together. But I think DJ misses something vital when he talks about sources. I didn't criticize Avery simply for not footnoting every statement. I criticized him for making statements that facts, evidence, and logic don't support. Likewise, I don't footnote every statement of mine. My critique wasn't meant for academic journals. But I tried to make sure that my statements are supportable, should someone want to look at the truth behind them.

As for the sarcasm, it may be counterproductive, but it's nothing compared to how I really feel about Avery and his followers. I am absolutely furious that these people can't be bothered with the facts of 9/11. It's despicable behavior.

Old 6th June 2006, 11:20 AM   #17
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Orb View Post
It can take time. In the meantime, he has my email address....

Old 6th June 2006, 12:39 PM   #18
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
None of these Gravy "debunkings" will address any of his facts.

They will cherry pick spots where Gravy stated a personal opinion, used sarcasm, or dropped a footnote. Then they'll yell..."see he's just as bad as Loose Change!" without a hint of irony.

And that will be their "debunking".

ETA: the walkback has already started.
I don't believe this guy! Roxdog is accusing Gravy of "hiding"! Roxdog's got an active account here, for godsake! And he also never got back to dubfan, who had agreed to go on his show. This guy is a piece of work.

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=5089690
Originally Posted by Roxdog
DJ and Gravy, come on my show together.

Come on GRavy, don't be such a p&ssy. Come "flap your gums" on my show and stop hiding. Stop making excuses about WHY you won't come on my show and just do it. If the roles were reversed I certainly wouldn't hide from you. Let's do this.
Old 6th June 2006, 12:50 PM   #19
XXX
Thinker

He's already got the excuse machine going, saying he'll just get personally attacked and we'll all gang up on him, so he'll just walk away from our "immature crap".

BTW, it'll probably be tommorow when hs acount gets validated. Mine took 24 hours, and I even got rejected my first time!
XXX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 12:57 PM   #20
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Doesn't Roxdog lobby for the banning of skeptics at LC the moment they show up?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 01:02 PM   #21
dubfan
Critical Thinker

I don't believe this guy! Roxdog is accusing Gravy of "hiding"! Roxdog's got an active account here, for godsake! And he also never got back to dubfan, who had agreed to go on his show. This guy is a piece of work.

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=5089690
That's a funny thread.

At least one JREF member that I know of has agreed to do Rox's show. It was discussed at least twice, and each time Rox abandoned the thread after it was shown that he refused to provide details.

I don't blame Gravy (or anyone else) for not wanting to do his show. Rox has shown he won't give any detail about which specific issues he wants to discuss, or who else will be on the show discussing it. Classic talk-show ambush technique.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of what he was never reasoned into." -- Jonathan Swift
dubfan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 01:02 PM   #22
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2859

Not that he ever asked me do do his show anyway!

Old 6th June 2006, 01:02 PM   #23
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Doesn't Roxdog lobby for the banning of skeptics at LC the moment they show up?
I know Zor and jenabell have in the past. Roxdog's actually been pretty tolerant of skeptics, if I remember correctly. That doesn't excuse the fact that he's issuing taunts and challenges from behind locked doors, when he has an active account over here.
Old 6th June 2006, 01:08 PM   #24
Abbyas
Muse

Gravy, I don't know how comfortable you would be, but I would pay money to hear you on his podcast.

At the same time, good lord, why is this so important to these people? Shouldn't they be trying to find a single structural engineer who agrees with them? Or do they expect that some high up government official will listen to this guys internet cast and finally justice will be done!

These people don't care about a new investigation, they care about "pwnage".
Abbyas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 01:15 PM   #25
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Abbyas View Post
Gravy, I don't know how comfortable you would be, but I would pay money to hear you on his podcast.

At the same time, good lord, why is this so important to these people? Shouldn't they be trying to find a single structural engineer who agrees with them? Or do they expect that some high up government official will listen to this guys internet cast and finally justice will be done!

I would pay money to hear that, too. But only under mutually agreeable terms.

Hey, Roxdog! Since you have an active account over here, come negotiate some terms, instead of lobbing mudballs from your treehouse--"NO SKEPTIKZ ALLOWD".
Old 6th June 2006, 01:30 PM   #26
dubfan
Critical Thinker

Quote:
All the details have been posted. ONE person said they MIGHT come on. We emailed each other and it ended up he was busy until halfway through my show. So, I told him he could come on then and have not heard from him since.
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=5094450

That lying sack of ****.

Old 6th June 2006, 01:32 PM   #27
XXX
Thinker

Ok, I have to admit, I'm not familiar with this internet lingo.

What does "pwnage" (or "pwned") mean? Is that like "owned"?
Old 6th June 2006, 01:33 PM   #28
Bronze Dog
Copper Alloy Canid

Yes. It's a deliberate typo of "ownage," since O and P are right next to each other on most keyboards.

Warning: Beware of contaminated water supplies! Suspected source of contamination: Sarah-I

A non-Rockstar Rambler and dissector of Doggerel
Bronze Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 01:33 PM   #29
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Originally Posted by XXX View Post
Ok, I have to admit, I'm not familiar with this internet lingo.

Put Well North After General Electric?
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 01:33 PM   #30
dubfan
Critical Thinker

The cage match *I* want to see is Gravy vs. Dylan.

Old 6th June 2006, 01:36 PM   #31
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Now, people. You don't really believe that more information can be disseminated in a few minutes of a podcast that few will ever hear, than can be disseminated here – and that will remain here – for thousands to see, do you?

Roxdog, do you believe that? This is a forum where thousands of people will see your clear thinking and solid evidence. What are you waiting for? All we ask is that you not dump pages of links and then run away.

Oh, and an apology for your rudeness wouldn't hurt.

Old 6th June 2006, 01:36 PM   #32
Abbyas
Muse

Quote:
Yes, I just learned about it recently actually. It comes from a typo in an old computer game. It means "owned". Which apparantly is much more important than avenging the deaths of thousands.
Abbyas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 01:39 PM   #33
sat556

What exactly does 'owned' mean?
sat556 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 01:40 PM   #34
dubfan
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by sat556 View Post
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=owned

Old 6th June 2006, 01:42 PM   #35
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by sat556 View Post
It means the claimant is a moron.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=125

Old 6th June 2006, 01:56 PM   #36
sat556

Oh I seeeee! Ffs.
sat556 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 04:51 PM   #37
Mr. Skinny
Alien Cryogenic Engineer

While looking at the LC forum from a link someone provided, I read a post there that suggested that DJLegacy and Gravy be allowed to debate in a closed thread (so to speak) and that anyone who posted there other than Gravy and DJ would have their post deleted. (or something like that)

They seemed to fear a pile on by JREF folks, and I can't really blame them, in a way. Also, I think a thread like this might be interesting.

Thoughts?
"Deities do not organize, they command." - Hokulele
Mr. Skinny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 05:03 PM   #38
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by Mr. Skinny View Post
While looking at the LC forum from a link someone provided, I read a post there that suggested that DJLegacy and Gravy be allowed to debate in a closed thread (so to speak) and that anyone who posted there other than Gravy and DJ would have their post deleted. (or something like that)

They seemed to fear a pile on by JREF folks, and I can't really blame them, in a way. Also, I think a thread like this might be interesting.

Thoughts?
Hehe, I'd love to see that! Gravy would eat that yahoo for lunch. Not that the yahoo would realize it, of course. I really doubt he'd do anything else the other LC morons haven't done - just come here, post a bunch of Jeff King, Steven Jones, Alex Jones nonsense, ignore all questions asked of them, and then run away.

If the Loosers had any brains or critical thinking ability, they'd wonder why no structural engineer on the planet supports them, and why their TRUTH experts consist of Reiki practitioners, dream interpreters, college dropouts, etc.

If the subject wasn't so serious, it would be funny.
Old 6th June 2006, 05:11 PM   #39
Mr. Skinny
Alien Cryogenic Engineer

Well, that's kind of why I'm thinking it would be a good idea. It might condense a lot of the data from both the LC and the JREF forum into a smaller thread that would state the postiions of the two posters into something more readable and understandable.

I'd like it to be as neutral a meeting point as possible, given that the thread might be here on JREF turf, but I think anything said there should be attributable to only either Gravy or DJLegacy, rather than the JREF or the LC forums.

Eta remove a double word usage.
"Deities do not organize, they command." - Hokulele
Mr. Skinny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2006, 05:33 PM   #40
dubfan
Critical Thinker

Roxdog, you are a despicable liar. My account is suspended at LC, but I know you're reading this, so I'm going to do a little recap -- right here, in public -- for you.

Rox initially invited me to go on his radio show and asked me to email him for details. I did. Here is the record of that email exchange:

Email 1: dubfan to Roxdog

Quote:
Mailed-By: gmail.com
To: roxdog@gmail.com
Date: May 5, 2006 10:27 AM
Subject: Radio show

Roxdog: as I replied at the LC Lounge, I'm happy to come on your radio show.

With all due respect, though, I think a better, more entertaining show would be to have a debate between "Gravy" (from the JREF skeptics forum) and Dylan Avery.

Regards,
Email 2: Roxdog's reply

Quote:
To: dubfan
Date: May 5, 2006 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: Radio show

Great man. You can come on next Tuesday night or the week after that if it's better for you. Gravy should contact Dylan. I can get them both on if they are willing and want to do it on my show.

Cheers,

Rox
Email 3: dubfan's reply to Roxdog

Quote:
To: Concerned Citizen <roxdog@gmail.com>
Date: May 5, 2006 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: Radio show

Can you do any other night besides Tuesdays? I have commitments from 7-9:30PM (EDT) on 5/9, 5/16, and 5/23. The first Tues. evening that's clear for me is 5/30.

I am in Orlando, btw. Where are you? I'm assuming this will be a phone interview?
Note: I asked a question at the end of this email. I have yet to receive a reply from Roxdog. This is the sum total of our email correspondence to date.

The next thing that happened was Roxdog accused me of "not getting back to him" (much like he's doing now). I told him to check his mail, that I *had* in fact gotten back with him, and if he would kindly provide the call-in phone number and answer a couple of questions (who else would be on that night, and what specific aspect of 9/11 he'd like to discuss), I'd be happy to appear on his show.

That reply was made in this post: http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=4270100, which has now either been archived or deleted, or something. When I attempt to follow the link, I'm kicked out to the LC Forum login page, and since my account is suspended, I can't access it. The important thing to note: I responded to Roxdog, agreed -- AGAIN -- to be on the show if only he'd provide details, and (again) he did not respond.

He accused me a SECOND time of not responding to him here:

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=4667424

and I called him on this second lie here, two posts down:

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=4669313

Now, he has the gall to accuse me a THIRD time of not responding to him here:

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=5097964

I don't know what more he wants. I've emailed him and received no response to my questions. I responded to him on the boards -- TWICE -- and received no response. And now he's lying a third time about the whole sequence of events -- knowing that my account over there is suspended and I can't respond to him -- and saying that I "never got back to him".

He is a blatant liar and he damn well knows it.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories