IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags loose change , part 4 , 911 conspiracy theory

Closed Thread
Old 30th August 2006, 06:58 AM   #3361
60hzxtl
Muse

Originally Posted by Shrinker View Post
'twould be a real pity if somebody printed some of those up an salted them around where the loosers are going to congregate and put their posters up.

A real pity.

eta: Ninja's is sneaky!

eta: Hey I just noticed! Jason must have found the directions for his hat! He's got it on the right way at last!

Last edited by 60hzxtl; 30th August 2006 at 07:12 AM. Reason: addition.
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 07:12 AM   #3362
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Shrinker View Post
This pleases me well.

Spent 5 hours on 5 pages of the LC Viewer Guide last night. Just zipping right along. The Final Cut may be the Final Straw for ol' Gravy.
Old 30th August 2006, 07:19 AM   #3363
JamesB
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
"The average score on the reading and math portions of the newly expanded SAT showed the most significant decline in 31 years, according to a report released today by the College Board on the performance of the high school class of 2006." NY Times
Maybe Dylan can get into film school now?
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 08:02 AM   #3364
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Closet shills

Can't wait for the Loosers to start posting on this thread.

Gravy, congrats. You're already on it.

And technically I guess the rest of us are too. As we are all Gravy and Gravy is all of us.
realitybites is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 08:05 AM   #3365
CurtC
Illuminator

There's a little Gravy in all of us.
CurtC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 08:10 AM   #3366
mrfreeze
Critical Thinker

I wish I had been more of an [rule8]hole while I was there so I could be on the list. All I wound up doing was throwing out some mild smart aleck comments that eventually got me banned anyway. This should be an interesting thread though!
mrfreeze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 08:11 AM   #3367
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
There's a little Gravy in all of us.
ew
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 08:24 AM   #3368
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Reynolds and Wood are the first to pop up. I love it.
realitybites is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 08:42 AM   #3369
Eos of the Eons
Mad Scientist

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post

Spielberg's worst, is lightyears ahead of anything Dylan could hope to create EOS.
? Why is EOS is in there? I love Spielberg and have no idea who Dylan is.
The Lateral Truth: An Apostate's Bible Stories by Rebecca Bradley, read it!

Last edited by Eos of the Eons; 30th August 2006 at 08:44 AM.
Eos of the Eons is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 08:55 AM   #3370
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by realitybites View Post

And technically I guess the rest of us are too. As we are all Gravy and Gravy is all of us.
Come to think of it, the "CIA-looking guy" I'm accused of always traveling with was Manny, who I met once and who hasn't posted here in months.

Geez, was I being handled?

My cell phone is making a buzzing noise.

My cat looks different.

I AM FREAKING OUT OVER HERE!
Old 30th August 2006, 09:10 AM   #3371
delphi_ote
Philosopher

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
... he is, without a doubt the greatest filmmaker of the last 2 generations.
Gross! You got some fanboy on me.

You'd take Speilberg over Hitchcock, Kubrick, Scorsese, Capra, DeMille, and Wells? You need to get some perspective!
delphi_ote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 09:14 AM   #3372
Dragon
Graduate Poster

Come to think of it, the "CIA-looking guy" I'm accused of always traveling with was Manny, who I met once and who hasn't posted here in months.

Geez, was I being handled?

My cell phone is making a buzzing noise.

My cat looks different.

Strikes me that a guy or two in dark suits and ties could have some fun with the CTers ...
Old 30th August 2006, 09:15 AM   #3373
Shrinker
Graduate Poster

This pleases me well.

Spent 5 hours on 5 pages of the LC Viewer Guide last night. Just zipping right along. The Final Cut may be the Final Straw for ol' Gravy.
Be sure to save some evergy for LC Final Cut: Service Pack 1
Shrinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 09:16 AM   #3374
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Strikes me that a guy or two in dark suits and ties could have some fun with the CTers ...
Men in dark suits? And ties?!!?!

IN THE FINANCIAL DISTRICT!?!?!?!?

A den of shills that is....
Old 30th August 2006, 09:19 AM   #3375
Dragon
Graduate Poster

Men in dark suits? And ties?!!?!

IN THE FINANCIAL DISTRICT!?!?!?!?

A den of shills that is....
Yeah, but have you read their stuff about the Ground Zero demo? They really need a "paronoia" version of the exploding irony meter on their little forum.
Old 30th August 2006, 09:20 AM   #3376
Shrinker
Graduate Poster

I've noticed over on the LC forums that it appears the LTW crew (and their faithful apostles) have been doing their fair share of one-on-one interviews.

Knowing Avery's propensity for editing and quote-mining others' work, what problem will this pose for fact checking LC:FC? If he's the only one with the footage, he can edit/splice/mine all he wants and no one would be the wiser. One can always contact the interviewee and ask how accurate the claims are (whatever they may be), but unless that person publicly speaks out, it becomes a battle of he-said/he-said. Dylan's word vs. Gravy's (for example).

Granted there's a lot of that going on already, but I can see FC easily "proving" 9/11 was an inside job to a whole new crowd of naive 15 year-olds. Am I being paranoid? Giving Avery too much credit?

... Or do I just need to find a new hobby?
You're quite right. Avery posted the 'smorgasbord' video a while back which was complete unedited interviews (v. dull). Even the hardcore CTists interviewed made minor fumbles which Avery would be wise to edit out (assuming he's out to decieve). In those cases it would be pointless contacting the interviewee.
Shrinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 09:23 AM   #3377
ob986s
Scholar

pilots for 9/11 truth?

Has anyone listened to this interview of JDX with Jack blood yesterday?

Here is an mp3 stream

http://www.pumpitout.com/audio/jackblood2906.mp3

I haven't listened to it yet, just starting now actually

with the "truthers" tearing themselves apart this may have been missed by many so I thought I should point it out in the main thread.

I have no idea if there is anything interesting or worth listening to but I think it is interesting that JDX is becoming a bit of a celeb in the "Truth" movement.

Jon
ob986s is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 09:33 AM   #3378
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ob986s View Post

Here is an mp3 stream

I haven't listened to it yet, just starting now actually

with the "truthers" tearing themselves apart this may have been missed by many so I thought I should point it out in the main thread.

I have no idea if there is anything interesting or worth listening to but I think it is interesting that JDX is becoming a bit of a celeb in the "Truth" movement.

Jon
Thanks for the link Jon. I was trying to listen live yesterday, but the firewalls at work were being... well. Firewally.
Old 30th August 2006, 09:57 AM   #3379
CurtC
Illuminator

My cat looks different.

Who was that nutcase (pre-9/11 conspiracies) who regularly fingerprinted his daughter, because he was afraid the CIA would substitute a fake?

I just looked it up - it was Charles Spiesel, one of Jim Garrison's star witnesses in the trial against Clay Shaw for conspiring to kill Kennedy. He was one of only two witnesses he had linking Shaw to the assassination, and the other (Perry Russo) completely recanted his account at the trial.

Quote:
Garrison was preparing to put on the stand a witness who, apart from testifying that he had heard Shaw discussing assassinating Kennedy, was under the impression that the government broke into his house from time to time and substituted "dead ringers" for his children, who then spied on him. (To foil the fiends, he periodically fingerprinted his children.) He believed that he had been hypnotized at least 50 times against his will, and so on.

Last edited by CurtC; 30th August 2006 at 10:00 AM.
CurtC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 09:58 AM   #3380
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...howtopic=11846

Pilots For 911 truth have analized the information from the flight data recorder of flight 77 and have determined that it was too high in the air to have hit the light poles, this contradicts the official story. I was informed by Johndoex to call the NTSB and ask them for their comment on this, here is the runaround I got..............

Phone call ( NTSB to FBI to Pentbomb team

So they "analized" the information, as in pulling it out of their....
jhunter1163 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 10:03 AM   #3381
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...howtopic=11846

Pilots For 911 truth have analized the information from the flight data recorder of flight 77 and have determined that it was too high in the air to have hit the light poles, this contradicts the official story. I was informed by Johndoex to call the NTSB and ask them for their comment on this, here is the runaround I got..............

Phone call ( NTSB to FBI to Pentbomb team

So they "analized" the information, as in pulling it out of their....
merc is convinced it was a "flyover". I love these guys.
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 10:14 AM   #3382
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Indeed, but some men in white uniforms would be more appropriate.

It's sad, but there's hardly any joy in playing tricks on people who are constantly playing tricks on themselves. There's no intelligence branch I can think of pretending to be a member of that would be surprising to them.

Although ISI might be fun.
Old 30th August 2006, 10:16 AM   #3383
CurtC
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
"shure" is the poster over there who records phone his phone calls to different people, and basically harrasses them. I haven't listened to this one, but I did listen to his phone call to Ben Chertoff of Popular Mechanics.

Shure has all the charm of a stalker.

Here is a link to his call to the NTSB, for those who don't actually want to visit that forum.
Old 30th August 2006, 10:17 AM   #3384
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
*chuckle*

Pretend to be a member of Afghanistan'sor North Korea's intelligence agency...that'd suprise them

Or, just for "out there" factor, maybe Tibetan.
Old 30th August 2006, 10:19 AM   #3385
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
merc is convinced it was a "flyover". I love these guys.
Merc is the one who had two LC threads going: one in which he castigated WTC no-planers for not believing all the eyewitness, and another in which he castigated people for believing the Pentagon eyewitnesses. It takes a lot of fertilizer to thrive in that barren LC soil.
Old 30th August 2006, 10:22 AM   #3386
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

none of us shoudl be in there, we arent closet shills, we're all out of the closet and fah-LAMING!
Old 30th August 2006, 10:25 AM   #3387
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by Eos of the Eons View Post
[I] have no idea who Dylan is.
You don't know how lucky you are!
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 10:27 AM   #3388
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

Merc is the one who had two LC threads going: one in which he castigated WTC no-planers for not believing all the eyewitness, and another in which he castigated people for believing the Pentagon eyewitnesses. It takes a lot of fertilizer to thrive in that barren LC soil.
He's also the author of this gem I posted yesterday (emphasis mine)
Originally Posted by merc
There is no evidence of a missile anywhere, not even to make the damage. Maybe this plane fired a missile or a drone as it passed over, or the trailer was prepositioned to fire one
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 10:29 AM   #3389
CurtC
Illuminator

There's no intelligence branch I can think of pretending to be a member of that would be surprising to them.
If you want to highlight to the rest of the world how foolish they are, I think they skewer themselves the most when they associate with the Neo-Nazis such as American Free Press and Chris Bollyn.

So how could one dress up as a Mossad agent? A business suit, dark sunglasses, and a yarmulke (sp?)? A hanky with the Star of David, hanging out of your pocket? How do you "look jewish"?

Down here in Texas, the few jews we have (I went to high school with exactly one) tend to look like everyone else. It took me a while after I grew up to even understand the basic concept behind anti-semitism - as if someone is threatened by a smart, outgoing, but fairly nerdy guy.

Oooh, I just googled his name since I haven't heard from him in the 28 years since we graduated - he's on the Texas Senate Committee on Transportation & Homeland Security!

OMG!!111!!ONE!ONE111ELEVNTY-ONE!!1!
Old 30th August 2006, 10:35 AM   #3390
Kent1
Graduate Poster

A couple of new links that were e-mailed to me from the site owners.

A new blog
http://osamadiditgetalife.blogspot.com/

And a new UK site debunking Steven Jones and David Ray Griffin
http://www.jnani.org/mrking/writings/911/king911.htm
Kent1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 10:38 AM   #3391
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
He's also the author of this gem I posted yesterday (emphasis mine)
Originally Posted by merc
There is no evidence of a missile anywhere, not even to make the damage. Maybe this plane fired a missile or a drone as it passed over, or the trailer was prepositioned to fire one

The flying public could only WISH airliners were equipped with missiles.

Tower: Flight 584, you're going to have to fly a holding pattern for about 30 minutes.

584: No, I don't think so.

Tower: There's a lot of traffic ahead of you...

584: Flight 584, Fox One!

Tower: Wha?

(BOOOOOOOOM)

(Flight 584 lands uneventfully)
jhunter1163 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 10:53 AM   #3392
Abbyas
Muse

Quote:

Here is an mp3 stream

I heard it. I was that bored. JDX was very, very excited.

Didn't really say much. According to him, the NTSB says it was too high to hit the light poles. Apparantly the animation from the NTSB says 150 ft, but that's wrong for some reason. I couldn't follow a bunch of it.

The best were the commercials. Did you know that the best food to fight the New World Order is Enerfood? I didn't.

Also a product was advertised that would keep your kids from being rebellious and talking back. Spooky.
Abbyas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 10:58 AM   #3393
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by Abbyas View Post
Also a product was advertised that would keep your kids from being rebellious and talking back. Spooky.
flouride popsicles
Old 30th August 2006, 10:58 AM   #3394
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Originally Posted by ob986s View Post
...I think it is interesting that JDX is becoming a bit of a celeb in the "Truth" movement.
I bet you or I could become a bit of a celeb in the "Truth" movement inside of a week. Just pick some remotely plausible internet pose -- say a CIA agent coming clean, or a structural engineer -- start posting 100 times a day on the LC forum, and we'd be the toast of the town, rubbing elbows (or whatever) with Dylan and the boys in no time.
Old 30th August 2006, 11:09 AM   #3395
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Abbyas View Post
The best were the commercials. Did you know that the best food to fight the New World Order is Enerfood? I didn't.

If you want to hear some more great commercials, listen to an Alex Jones show. Marketing to paranoia is an artform unto itself. It would be great to compile the best of these--call it "Conspiracy Capitalists Speak"
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 11:10 AM   #3396
jon
Muse

Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
So how could one dress up as a Mossad agent? A business suit, dark sunglasses, and a yarmulke (sp?)? A hanky with the Star of David, hanging out of your pocket? How do you "look jewish"?

Down here in Texas, the few jews we have (I went to high school with exactly one) tend to look like everyone else.
But that's why our conspiracies are so effective - we do look just like everybody else

If the aim's to embarass the loosers, you could try just going along dressed like (they might think) government agents dress. Talk a bit in a foreign accent of indeterminate origin, and I'd say there's a fair chance someone will assume you're with Mossad
jon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 11:11 AM   #3397
azazal
Ninja Wave: Techno Ninja

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
I bet you or I could become a bit of a celeb in the "Truth" movement inside of a week. Just pick some remotely plausible internet pose -- say a CIA agent coming clean, or a structural engineer -- start posting 100 times a day on the LC forum, and we'd be the toast of the town, rubbing elbows (or whatever) with Dylan and the boys in no time.
You know, if I were single and the Toother movement was filled with hot, young female groopies....
Old 30th August 2006, 11:28 AM   #3398
JamesB
Master Poster

Originally Posted by azazal View Post
You know, if I were single and the Toother movement was filled with hot, young female groopies....
Well according to Vanity Fair, that is how Dylan met his girlfriend.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th August 2006, 11:29 AM   #3399
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by jon View Post
But that's why our conspiracies are so effective - we do look just like everybody else

If the aim's to embarass the loosers, you could try just going along dressed like (they might think) government agents dress. Talk a bit in a foreign accent of indeterminate origin, and I'd say there's a fair chance someone will assume you're with Mossad
dress like this

that "im secretly ruling the world" look on his face might take a while to get down
Old 30th August 2006, 11:35 AM   #3400
Abbyas
Muse

Not that hard to scare 'em.

I brought a buddy down to GZ to film stuff. Somebody thought he was Mossad.

He's Puerto Rican.
Abbyas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories