ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags fdny

Old 9th August 2006, 08:45 AM   #1
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

9/11: FDNY Member Says "Definitely" Bombs in Towers?

I just noticed this quote still appears in the pamphlet that's handed out to thousands of people by NY911truth.org, the group that some of us go to Ground Zero to confront:

"Many other firemen knew there were bombs...but they are afraid for their jobs to admit it because the higher ups forbid discussion of this fact...There were definitely bombs in those buildings." –Paul Isaac Jr, FDNY Auxiliary Fire Lieutenant

This quote has been floating around for a while, and Paul Isaac Jr. has had disputes about it with Dylan Avery and Wing TV. It's no secret that Paul posts here as "Sentinel." I know he shares my concern that the protesters at Ground Zero do not show respect for the victims of 9/11. I also know that some firemen are very angry about those protesters. And there's a video clip on the internet in which Jason Bermas of Loose Change interviews a fireman, who says there is no gag order.

So, I call on Mr. Isaac to take a public stance on this serious issue (I'll PM him). Along with others, I'm fighting the ignorance that's spread at Ground Zero. Mr. Isaac is the only person quoted in the truther pamphlet who (apparently) states that there were definitely bombs in the towers and that there is a coverup of that fact. I imagine that the "FDNY" next to his name carries a lot of weight with people. I need to know how to respond to the truthers on this issue.

I hope Mr. Isaac will address these questions.

1) Is the quote accurate?

2) If so, do you still stand by these claims?

3) If you do stand by these claims, what evidence do you have? It's not enough to say, "I know it's true but I can't tell you why." Anyone can say that without having supporting evidence. These are serious accusations and evidence must be provided to back them, or they should be retracted.

4) If the quote is inaccurate, or if you no longer make these claims, will you ask Les Jamieson of NY911truth.org to remove it from his pamphlet? (I have his contact info. BTW, nearly everything else on that pamphlet is false or misleading.)

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2006, 09:14 AM   #2
Cylinder
Philosopher

Since Issac is a public employee, it should not be outside the realm of public discourse to phone him up at work and ask for comments on the record and for corroborating testimony from like-minded firefighters, right?

Would that be an invasion of privacy?
If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed ; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than live as slaves. - Winston Churchill, The Gathering Storm
Cylinder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2006, 09:19 AM   #3
Cylinder
Philosopher

VI: THE COLLAPSE OF WORLD TRADE CENTER 1, 2, AND 7

Quote:
Louie Cacchioli, aged 51, was a firefighter attached to Engine Company 47, based uptown in Harlem. “We were the first ones in the second tower after the plane struck,” Cacchioli recounted later. “I was taking firefighters up in the elevator to the twentyfourth floor to get in a position to evacuate workers. On the last trip up a bomb went off. We think there were bombs set in the building.” Cacchioli was trapped in an elevator but was able to escape with the help of some fireman’s tools. (People Weekly, September 24, 2001)

Auxiliary Fireman Lt. Paul Isaac Jr. also spoke of bombs in an interview with internet reporter Randy Lavello. Isaac had served with Engine Company 10 in lower Manhattan during the late 1990s, so he knew the area around the WTC. Isaac said that many New York firemen were very concerned about the ongoing cover-up of why the World Trade Center collapsed. “Many other firemen know there were bombs in the buildings,” he revealed, “but they are afraid for their jobs to admit it because the higher-ups forbid discussion of this fact. There were definitely bombs in those buildings.” Among those suppressing real discussion about what had happened, Isaac cited the neocon heavy James Woolsey, who had been CIA Director under Clinton, who had become the New York Fire Department’s antiterrorism consultant. (Marrs 34)
If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed ; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than live as slaves. - Winston Churchill, The Gathering Storm
Cylinder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2006, 09:52 AM   #4
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Cylinder View Post
Since Issac is a public employee, it should not be outside the realm of public discourse to phone him up at work and ask for comments on the record and for corroborating testimony from like-minded firefighters, right?

Would that be an invasion of privacy?
The FDNY Auxiliary is part-time, volunteer work, and I wouldn't know how to reach him when he's on the job.

Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2006, 09:59 AM   #5
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

911myths.com covers Lou Caccioli's anger at People Magazine's misquoting him (he said some explosions sounded like bombs, not that he believed there were bombs). http://911myths.com/html/quote_abuse.html

Old 9th August 2006, 06:34 PM   #6
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

I heard from Paul Isaac, Jr. He says he heard what sounded like explosions as the towers came down, consistent with the other reports. He denies saying that bombs were definitely in the towers and does not believe there was a gag order. I'll try to get permission to print his remarks.

Old 12th August 2006, 04:05 AM   #7
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Here's a statement from Paul Isaac Jr., printed with his permission.

Quote:
So the true statement was the that I heard Explosions not bombs as I couldn't tell what the sounds were as I was blocks away and can not confirm what the noise was. As I was aproaching City Hall the North Tower began the collapse I heard what sounded like thunder just prior to the collapse then the Popping as the tower fell. I had my radio scanner and there were reports of explsions within the conplex over the PD and PAPD frequencies. As I made my way closer I could pick up on the FD Handie Talkie frequencies and it sounded like hell. No one new what the was going to happen next but when the second tower began its fall there were what sounded like loud popping coming from the tower as well as a sucking sound like reveres air pressure.

Old 12th August 2006, 04:24 AM   #8
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Here's a statement from Paul Isaac Jr., printed with his permission.
And, of course, they will just say he's been "gotten to".
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2006, 06:58 AM   #9
gfunkusarelius
Critical Thinker

i understand why the reports of explosions work so well when they try to force it into their CT, but the more logical explanation of things in the building that can explode would explode in those situations. its not like the building had nothing but paper and people in it. heck i work at a computer animation studio and we have cooling systems in our offices that would probably make quite a boom if they went off. and there is a huge machine room (for the heating cooling system i would guess) that would surely cause a ruckus in a collapse.
also, i dont trust so many of those eyewitness reports, even if people are being honest...dont you remember all the reports on the morning of 9/11 of explosions in various cities? nerves were so raw that a truck backfiring by any towers or govt buildings could spark fears of another attack
(my blog)
gfunkusarelius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2006, 11:54 AM   #10
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Paul Isaac's statement:

Quote:
So the true statement was the that I heard Explosions not bombs as I couldn't tell what the sounds were as I was blocks away and can not confirm what the noise was. As I was aproaching City Hall the North Tower began the collapse I heard what sounded like thunder just prior to the collapse

That's it! Paul Isaacs said there was thunder, and thunder is caused by lightening. So, LIGHTENING caused the towers to collapse.
Old 14th August 2006, 08:08 AM   #11
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Well, the popping sound is likely part of the collapse. If you've ever heard a steel beam give way, then that's really not too exceptional. Also, electrical lines sparking and/or arcing as they seperate, as well as the possibility of explosive materials (like generator fuel, propane, or whatever) in the building.

The "Thunder" rumbling is not really indicative of explosives, although in a city it might make sense. Explosives generally don't produce a thunder like sound on their own, they are a quick boom. The thunder sound comes from echos (much like real thunder) that arrive at slightly differing times. IN a city, this could be caused by buildings. But "thunder" sounds really can't be easily analyzed without accurate recordings.
Old 14th August 2006, 08:43 AM   #12
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Just for anyone who's not heard it already, the video at http://www.911myths.com/collapse2.rm captures the sound of metal failing as a crane collapses (explanation at http://www.911myths.com/html/proving...molition.html). It was described as "loud popping", "explosions" and "like bombs going off".
MikeW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 09:11 AM   #13
TK0001
Muse

Gravy, you might want to request that Mr. Isaac comes here to confirm the words you reprinted on his behalf.

Just to tie up loose ends.
TK0001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 09:24 AM   #14
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
Paul Isaac's statement:

[/b]

That's it! Paul Isaacs said there was thunder, and thunder is caused by lightening. So, LIGHTENING caused the towers to collapse.
From giant Tesla coils built nearby the night before. Any good CT needs some Tesla coils in it somewhere.
Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 10:55 AM   #15
Hishighness
Scholar

Our business (an autobody shop) burned down in March (5 months ago to the day actually) and while I was standing there looking at it:

- I heard explosions
- I heard popping noises
- The car in front of the shop's horn went off
- The building collapsed.

I'm now forced to believe that our shop was brought down in a controlled demolition in some nefarious Canadian government plot. The explosions I heard were obviously bombs, the popping noises also smaller bombs, the horn I think must have been some signal to the agents on the scene....
Hishighness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 11:00 AM   #16
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

Originally Posted by Hishighness View Post
I'm now forced to believe that our shop was brought down in a controlled demolition in some nefarious Canadian government plot. The explosions I heard were obviously bombs, the popping noises also smaller bombs, the horn I think must have been some signal to the agents on the scene....
Did you hear the whir, whine, and whop of rotor blades on the black helicopters nearby, or were they in whisper mode?

DR
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 11:02 AM   #17
Hishighness
Scholar

Well, you have to understand the fire was pretty loud, and it was a cloudy day, and there was so much smoke.

By the way I am kidding just in case anyone thought I was serious.
Hishighness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 11:32 AM   #18
Sentinel
Banned

Wtf ?

Oh, so right away you have some jerkoffs who right away label people who see things differently.

Thats a good little Nazi....

Tell me, where you there? Probally not. I bet you saw things like you figure things out SQUARE likwe the TV.

The problem with people now is they never check the writers.

Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 11:41 AM   #19
Sentinel
Banned

Bombs ?

How can anyone determine bombs from the outside of the building?
And why use bombs instead of C4 or other controlled Demo explosives?

To think that "BOMBS" were needed to bring down a building when all that was needed was "Jelly Mix" to do the job is stupid.

It seems that anyone mentions "explosions heard" gets twisted into "BOMBS".

Tell me, what kind of "BOMBS" could be used in a Building DEMO?

WTF for?

Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 11:42 AM   #20
Hishighness
Scholar

I like to make a lot of lines between my sentences

it makes it look like I have more to say

please don't tell people I don't have anything meaningful to contribute.

please I'll buy you a pony!

aw come on your mean!

I'll be your friend if you do!

ok fine, be that way!!

the end.

signed, Sentinel.

Last edited by Hishighness; 14th August 2006 at 11:46 AM.
Old 14th August 2006, 11:45 AM   #21
Sentinel
Banned

Hey Balless

When you're ready to say it to my face call the place and time. Until then shut your ****hole.

Sentinel

Last edited by Lisa Simpson; 14th August 2006 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Edited for Breach of Rule 8.
Old 14th August 2006, 11:49 AM   #22
Hishighness
Scholar

Place: At the main entrance of the CN tower, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Time: Thursday, August 17th, 2006. 2pm Eastern Daylight Time.

I'll be wearing a red sleeveless shirt with "O.P. Boarding" on the front.
Old 14th August 2006, 12:18 PM   #23
TK0001
Muse

What the hell just happened here?
TK0001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 12:24 PM   #24
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TK0001 View Post
What the hell just happened here?
Sentinal is Paul Isaac Jr. His posting style is... interesting, and usually confrontational; but his heart is in the right place. He doesn't post here often and it takes a bit to translate the posts.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 12:28 PM   #25
TK0001
Muse

Originally Posted by Arkan_Wolfshade View Post
Sentinal is Paul Isaac Jr.
That part I knew.

I thought they were both arguing the same point?
Old 14th August 2006, 12:30 PM   #26
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Guys, Guys, I think you must have your wires crossed.

Sentinel, I believe, is Mr. Isaacs, the Auxillary FDNY guy, who's comments were nisconstrued by the CT truthers. Hishighness is a CT Debunker, who also believe they are full of ****.

You guys, on this issue, are on the same side...no need to let tempers flare. Enough of that goes on already...
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 12:30 PM   #27
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TK0001 View Post
That part I knew.

I thought they were both arguing the same point?

They probably are; it wouldn't be the first time it's happened in a Sentinal thread. :shrug:
Old 14th August 2006, 12:42 PM   #28
Sentinel
Banned

Just getting ready for GZ

Looking forward to the idiots coming to GZ. Got all the ballistics ready and we're going to see whos who for sure.

I don't side with anyone but the family members being disrespected on the day that they mourn their loved ones. Anyone disrespecting that will be dealt with, period !!!

As for all the rest of the jerkoff looking to see me...

...In do time

Sentinel
Old 14th August 2006, 01:02 PM   #29
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Looking forward to the idiots coming to GZ. Got all the ballistics ready and we're going to see whos who for sure.

I don't side with anyone but the family members being disrespected on the day that they mourn their loved ones. Anyone disrespecting that will be dealt with, period !!!

As for all the rest of the jerkoff looking to see me...

...In do time
Sentinel
Hello

If you would like, I'll be happy to assist you in polishing your written input so that your points won't be ridiculed by people who nitpick over writing style, or lack thereof.

PM me if you would like my assistance. This is a sincere offer.

By the way, "Ground Zero" was a phrase coined to describe where a nuclear weapon detonates. To my knowledge, no nuclear weapons were involved at the WTC, but somehow, the talking heads and hyperbole spreaders chose a term with a nuclear connotation, and applied it to a unique, non nuclear tragedy.

That is a modest example of how a small lie that can help feed a Big Lie. To keep repeating that misused term, "Ground Zero," is to play into the hands of propagandists, and to feed The Big Lie.

But what should I expect out of New Yawkers, who think the world revolves around the big Horse Apple?

DR
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 01:29 PM   #30
Hishighness
Scholar

Sorry m8, people suck is all.
Old 14th August 2006, 01:30 PM   #31
60hzxtl
Muse

Originally Posted by Darth Rotor View Post
But what should I expect out of New Yawkers, who think the world revolves around the big Horse Apple?

DR
Hey! Says the New Yorker!

Boulter - make another run at the ball.
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 01:33 PM   #32
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

Originally Posted by 60hzxtl View Post
Hey! Says the New Yorker!
Boulter - make another run at the ball.
That would be a "Bolter!"

Roger Ball . . .

DR
Old 14th August 2006, 01:37 PM   #33
60hzxtl
Muse

But for the record, I objected to the use of that phrase as soon as it appeared.

We came to live with it.
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 01:49 PM   #34
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

I come back from work and suddenly everyone's speaking in code. I smell a conspiracy.

Old 14th August 2006, 01:59 PM   #35
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
I come back from work and suddenly everyone's speaking in code. I smell a conspiracy.
The boat is in the harbor. I repeat, the boat is in the harbor.

Old 14th August 2006, 02:01 PM   #36
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Sentinel asked that I post the complete text of this email.

Quote:
Hello Mark,

If its the wingtv article its ********. They slandered me last year when I read them the riot act about their behavior.

The article" Fireman admits again 9-11 was an inside job" is slander.

The article written by randy lavello is also slander as he has me saying that woolsey former CIA Director Woolsey was passing a gag order down the rank and file of the FDNY. That statement was never made in that context, It was said in humor ,and as a matter of fact that so-called reporter was fired by Alex Jones for making **** up on alot of people. The only reason I didn't go through the legal channels is because lawyers cost to damn much.

So the true statement was the that I heard Explosions not bombs as I couldn't tell what the sounds were as I was blocks away and can not confirm what the noise was. As I was aproaching City Hall the North Tower began the collapse I heard what sounded like thunder just prior to the collapse then the Popping as the tower fell. I had my radio scanner and there were reports of explsions within the conplex over the PD and PAPD frequencies. As I made my way closer I could pick up on the FD Handie Talkie frequencies and it sounded like hell. No one new what the was going to happen next but when the second tower began its fall there were what sounded like loud popping coming from the tower as well as a sucking sound like reveres air pressure.

Its seems the people at 911Truth have some problems with credibility as I had approached them on this issue for clarification. No need to say they never returned my messages.

They are tools of the trade.

Take care
Paul

Old 14th August 2006, 02:06 PM   #37
MarkyX
Master Poster

I so want to buy that guy a beer.
Old 14th August 2006, 02:07 PM   #38
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Ya I suppose using the word "sides", is unfair, but a result of the polarizing that has occured over the issue in question. Paul is right, the thing that counts the most is the respect for those who lost their lives, or lost someone dear to them that day...Hopefully between the Gravytrain and the NYPD and others, the "truthers" will be kept a good distance from the mourners, and will be kept civil if they do get close.
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 02:07 PM   #39
gmanontario
Muse

Originally Posted by Hishighness View Post
Place: At the main entrance of the CN tower, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Time: Thursday, August 17th, 2006. 2pm Eastern Daylight Time.

I'll be wearing a red sleeveless shirt with "O.P. Boarding" on the front.
I work just down the street!! Can I watch too?

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2006, 05:32 PM   #40
CACTUSJACKmankin
Critical Thinker

What I don't get about the bomb theory is isn't it a tad coincidental that the bombs were placed in the precise floors in which the planes hit? They couldn't put them in all floors throughout the buildings, could they? Someone would have found one of them!
CACTUSJACKmankin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories