ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bird , klingon , prey , star trek

Old 17th August 2006, 02:31 AM   #1
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Talking It was a Klingon Bird of Prey!

http://911stealth.blogspot.com/

Quote:
Sequence of three cloaked aircraft taken by Timothy Hayes and Patrick Walsh (NYPD Pilots), from the documentary presented by History Channel, from A&E's "The Anatomy of September 11th." (a revealing DVD that apparently has been censored in the U.S.A.) More sequences by the same pilots (Walsh & Hayes) were presented in an Israel TV station
CLOAKED!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Load photon torpedoes! Phasers to standby! Raise shields!

Qapla!!!
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 05:33 AM   #2
chacal
starving artist

Wow, In those pictures you can clearly see somekind of text howering below the briefly decloaked aircraft. How can anyone think that 9/11 wasn't an insidejob after seeing this evidence. I hope it's going to be in LC3 (The Final Frontier)
chacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 05:42 AM   #3
milesalpha
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
http://911stealth.blogspot.com/

CLOAKED!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Load photon torpedoes! Phasers to standby! Raise shields!

Qapla!!!

Sorry but you are not giving this clearly important information enough attention. Common sense, logic, high school shop class and my ouija board tells me it could have been a Romulan Warbird as well.
milesalpha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 06:17 AM   #4
tkingdoll
Penultimate Amazing

Can they fire whilst cloaked, that's the question.
tkingdoll is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 06:21 AM   #5
Johnny Pixels
Graduate Poster

This isn't the cloaked Stealth Fighter thing again is it?

My only question if it is, is why do they paint them black and fly them at night if they've got cloaking technology?
Johnny Pixels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 06:33 AM   #6
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Slight correction:

It is the Romulans who have the 'Bird of Prey' painted on their ships.

The Klingons avoid such outlandish decorations on their ships.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 06:42 AM   #7
Kaarjuus
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Johnny Pixels View Post
My only question if it is, is why do they paint them black and fly them at night if they've got cloaking technology?
It's because they're EVIL.
Old 17th August 2006, 06:48 AM   #8
roger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Johnny Pixels View Post
Because sometimes the cloak is at the dry cleaners. Idiot.
roger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 07:38 AM   #9
Cleon
King of the Pod People

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Slight correction:

It is the Romulans who have the 'Bird of Prey' painted on their ships.

The Klingons avoid such outlandish decorations on their ships.
*sigh* Your avatar would be so disappointed.

The Bird of Prey is a class of Klingon scoutship, as documented in the fine documentaries Star Trek III: The Search for Spock and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. Linky
Old 17th August 2006, 07:42 AM   #10
Bronze Dog
Copper Alloy Canid

Cleon beat me to it.

Of course Nighthawks are painted black because appropriate dark shades of gray are too wussy.* Black is cooler.**

*At least, that's what that Nigerian fellow told me in his informative and opportunity-filled email.

**I don't need a source. It's a fundamental truth.

Warning: Beware of contaminated water supplies! Suspected source of contamination: Sarah-I

A non-Rockstar Rambler and dissector of Doggerel
Bronze Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 07:44 AM   #11
azazal
Ninja Wave: Techno Ninja

Originally Posted by Cleon View Post

The Bird of Prey is a class of Klingon scoutship, as documented in the fine documentaries Star Trek III: The Search for Spock and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. Linky

Psssttt, look over here. TOS Romulan BOP
Old 17th August 2006, 07:54 AM   #12
Hishighness
Scholar

Originally Posted by tkingdoll View Post
Can they fire whilst cloaked, that's the question.
ST 6 Undiscovered Country baby. Incontrevertable evidence.
"How about the judgement not to hold anybody accountable for these massive intelligence failures? Do you realize that since 9/11 the only person to have been held accountable and fired because of this, is me?" -Bill Maher "I'm Swiss"
Special Report: 9/11 "Truth" Movement
Hishighness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 07:55 AM   #13
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Folks, it has to be Romulan.

Romulans are known for such sort of plots with sublte manipulation and undercover actions. Klingons use a more "direct" approach.

Now, lets clear things up. Romulans do use birds painted at their ship's underbelly. Bird-of-prey is the denomination of a Romulan class of scout ships ( http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/sc...lan_ships.htm). Usually, however, Romulan ships are generically named "warbirds". The name bird of prey is also used for Klingon ships (http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/sc...ngon_ships.htm) of the B'rel and Kvort classes. These ships display a feather-like pannel coloring pattern at the lower "wings".

OK, I'm a geek.
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 08:00 AM   #14
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Originally Posted by Hishighness View Post
ST 6 Undiscovered Country baby. Incontrevertable evidence.
Yes, but the prototype was destroyed in 1991 at the end of that fine training film. Pity, that. I suppose they could have improved on the technology though..
jhunter1163 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 08:02 AM   #15
tkingdoll
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
Yes, but the prototype was destroyed in 1991 at the end of that fine training film. Pity, that. I suppose they could have improved on the technology though..
I was going to say that. And as it never comes up again, we have to assume that they lost the plans or their budget was slashed or something. Klingon red tape is notorious.
tkingdoll is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 08:03 AM   #16
senorpogo
Master Poster

Doesn't the Defiant having cloaking technology?

So this really doesn't rule out it being an inside job.
senorpogo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 08:08 AM   #17
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Sorry, but as much as I like 'Doctor Who', I still submit that I am correct!

The first reference to the 'Bird of Prey' was in the Balance of Terror episode of the original Star Trek series and subsequent use of the term as applied to Klingons was an error.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_Of...28Star_Trek%29

The Romulan Bird of Prey class starship, a 2260s-era cruiser seen in "Balance of Terror", featuring a cloaking device and a powerful plasma-based weapon and easily identifiable by the red and yellow painting of a bird on the bottom of the hull

The use of the term with respect to Klingon ships was in itself an error by the writers, who changed the enemies in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock from Romulans to Klingons without updating the dialog. However, the term still makes some sense, as the Romulans and Klingons were once allies and frequently shared technology.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 08:10 AM   #18
Bronze Dog
Copper Alloy Canid

The Defiant and its Romulan cloaking device were destroyed by the Dominion. They showed it again last week on Spike. But we know they're with Psy-Ops. And Psi-Corps.

The immediately renamed Sao-Paulo didn't have one... that we know of.

Warning: Beware of contaminated water supplies! Suspected source of contamination: Sarah-I

A non-Rockstar Rambler and dissector of Doggerel
Bronze Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 08:10 AM   #19
Jimbo07
Illuminator

Interesting note. Compared to other aircraft, stealth fighters can be hard to see in the daytime. I've only seen one in flight once. It was on its way to an airshow. The airbase where the show was located was about 100 km east of the city we were in, where my Dad worked at the airport. He was in flight services (radio), so he knew about the flyby beforehand. We went out to the tarmack and waited...

and waited...

There is a north-south runway and you can see planes on approach (in those conditions) for about 5 minutes. Two minutes to flyby time...

we still waited...

Flyby time passed. We heard a faint sound of jets. There was a black horizontal line in the sky. The black line did a steep bank, standing on its wing and turning 90 degrees to the west until we could see the entire pancake-like underside of the plane. It was right there, probably only 1000 feet off the deck (I used to fly, so I guesstimated), right over the tarmack, huge and large as life! There was a roar of jets and it disappeared off to the west.

stealth jets aren't invisible... but wow!

Atoms in supernova explosion get huge business -- Pixie of key
Jimbo07 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 08:12 AM   #20
MortFurd
Graduate Poster

Nope.

In the original Star Trek series (the ONLY one that counts,) the "Bird of Prey" was a Romulan ship. The "Bird of Prey" class was sub-warp only.

The Klingons had battle cruisers. D-9, if you must know the model.

The later movies f***ed up. Klingons got lobster tails on their foreheads, and their scout class ships were renamed for a POS sub-warp Romulan model.
MortFurd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 09:00 AM   #21
Cleon
King of the Pod People

Sorry, but as much as I like 'Doctor Who',
Oh, you're just jealous because Who is still going strong after 43 years and TOS couldn't make it past three.

Quote:
I still submit that I am correct!

The first reference to the 'Bird of Prey' was in the Balance of Terror episode of the original Star Trek series and subsequent use of the term as applied to Klingons was an error.
Writers' error or not, the fact is that the Klingons do have a class of ship called the Bird of Prey. Not only was it referenced in the original Trek movies, but the Bird of Prey made the occasional appearance in Next Generation as well. Thereby establishing that while it may have originally been an error, it has worked well.

AND, if I might point out, the Klingon BOP is infinitely cooler-looking than the Romulan version.
Old 17th August 2006, 09:16 AM   #22
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MortFurd View Post
Nope.

In the original Star Trek series (the ONLY one that counts,) the "Bird of Prey" was a Romulan ship. The "Bird of Prey" class was sub-warp only.

The Klingons had battle cruisers. D-9, if you must know the model.

The later movies f***ed up. Klingons got lobster tails on their foreheads, and their scout class ships were renamed for a POS sub-warp Romulan model.
[annoying geek nitpicker mode]
You mean D7, of course...
[/annoying geek nitpicker mode]
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 11:12 AM   #23
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

This just in:

Professor James Fetzer of the Scholars for 9-11 Truth in an interview this morning announced that Professor Steven Jones, using a pair of cross-linked reconfigured subspace multiplexers has run a quantum interferometric scan on samples taken from the WTC towers and found low level tetryion residue in the 34 kiloquad range.

These are the unmistakeable signutres of ROMULAN disruptor fire.

I apologize for the misleading title of my original post and stand corrected.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 11:37 AM   #24
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

"Dr Fetzer, when the Vulcans are laughing at you, you have said something very, very wrong."

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 11:51 AM   #25
elgarak
Illuminator

[geek]Romulans and Klingons sometimes worked together against their common enemy, The Federation. During Kirk's glory times, the Romulans used Klingon cruisers ["The Enterprise Incident"]. Later, the Klingons 'borrowed' the Bird-of-Prey design from the Romulans.[/geek]

Last edited by elgarak; 17th August 2006 at 11:51 AM. Reason: sp
elgarak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 11:55 AM   #26
Trantor
Muse

Please tell me this is a joke. The History Channel actually aired this crap. They should be ashamed.
Trantor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 11:57 AM   #27
MortFurd
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by elgarak View Post
[geek]Romulans and Klingons sometimes worked together against their common enemy, The Federation. During Kirk's glory times, the Romulans used Klingon cruisers ["The Enterprise Incident"]. Later, the Klingons 'borrowed' the Bird-of-Prey design from the Romulans.[/geek]
Except they DIDN'T. The Klingon Bird of Prey from the movies has absolutely no resemblence to the Romulna Bird of Prey from the TV series.

The Klingon Bird of Prey looks like a scaled down and jazzed up version of the old Klingon battle cruisers.
MortFurd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 12:04 PM   #28
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trantor View Post
Please tell me this is a joke. The History Channel actually aired this crap. They should be ashamed.
History channel aired a proper documentary on 9-11.

The cloaked ships are purely the product of some whackjob going through the footage frame by frame and finding what he decided beforehand he would find.
Old 17th August 2006, 12:24 PM   #29
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

Just to straighten everything out: The Federation has ample access to cloaking technology. The only reason Federation ships generally do not cloak is because they agreed to forebear from it in the Treaty of Algeron. Starfleet attempts to circumvent this clause by using interphase technology resulted in the disaster aboard the USS Pegasus and the even greater disaster that was the final episode of Enterprise.

Even so, as has been pointed out, Starfleet will make use of the cloaking technology aboard captured ships (ST IV) and will sometimes be granted permission to operate a cloaked ship (ST: DS9, re: Defiant).

All of this points to one inescapable conclusion: 9/11 was perpetrated by Jolene Blalock.
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 12:24 PM   #30
XXX
Thinker

Of course!

Captain Kirk was the victim of a "conspiracy" that involved a cloaked bird of prey, and now we have a 9/11 conspiracy involving a cloaked ship.

It's just like that one guy said (http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com...ny-movies.html). Hollywood is giving us cryptic foreshadowing of 9/11.

"The truth has power for the simple reason that it is the truth. Wouldn't you prefer your truth like that?"
XXX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 12:40 PM   #31
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

this is clearly the work of klingons

the romulans developed the cloaking the device and shared the technology with the klingons during one of their brief alliances, the klingons have made very few improvements since then, and thus their cloaking devices are inferior to their romulan counterparts

the mere fact that these ship appear on the video proves they cannot be the superior romulan models
Old 17th August 2006, 12:41 PM   #32
milesalpha
Critical Thinker

It is now clear that you people are all Section 31 disinformationists, shills and may be even, most terribly, Yankee fans. Please hold this target sign while we set the phasers on "obliterate".

With due apologies to Berkeley Breathed
milesalpha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 12:47 PM   #33
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by milesalpha View Post
It is now clear that you people are all Section 31 disinformationists, shills and may be even, most terribly, Yankee fans. Please hold this target sign while we set the phasers on "obliterate".

With due apologies to Berkeley Breathed
"Shut up and load the photon torpedoes, dear."

Also, apologies to Mr. Breathed.
Old 17th August 2006, 12:48 PM   #34
ImaginalDisc
Penultimate Amazing

Sorry, but as much as I like 'Doctor Who', I still submit that I am correct!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_Of...28Star_Trek%29

The Romulan Bird of Prey class starship, a 2260s-era cruiser seen in "Balance of Terror", featuring a cloaking device and a powerful plasma-based weapon and easily identifiable by the red and yellow painting of a bird on the bottom of the hull

The use of the term with respect to Klingon ships was in itself an error by the writers, who changed the enemies in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock from Romulans to Klingons without updating the dialog. However, the term still makes some sense, as the Romulans and Klingons were once allies and frequently shared technology.

Well The Phantom's costume was made purple by an error too, but like the Bird of Prey issue, they went with it. It's canon now.
ImaginalDisc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 01:04 PM   #35
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
I've been researching to see if maybe the Federation made use of nuclear wessels, but so far have received only the cryptic response, "one damn minute, Admiral." I'll keep you updated.
jhunter1163 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 01:17 PM   #36
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

BTW, who's watching the Shatner roast this Sunday on Comedy Central?

I'm there, dudes. I'm looking foward to this even more than "Snakes on a Plane".

Wouldn't it be great if he was in the sequel? "There's something on the wing of the plane!!!"

Last edited by alfaniner; 17th August 2006 at 01:20 PM.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2006, 01:18 PM   #37
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
I've been researching to see if maybe the Federation made use of nuclear wessels, but so far have received only the cryptic response, "one damn minute, Admiral." I'll keep you updated.
i know they used nuclear veapons in their first war with the romulans, i believe this was pre-enterprise (i think it was just earth though, not the federation)
Old 17th August 2006, 01:31 PM   #38
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

I think the Pentagon on 9/11 must've been housing some anti-matter.
Old 17th August 2006, 02:12 PM   #39
tkingdoll
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
the even greater disaster that was the final episode of Enterprise.
You mean how flabby and creepy Riker looked?
Old 17th August 2006, 04:14 PM   #40
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
i know they used nuclear veapons in their first war with the romulans, i believe this was pre-enterprise (i think it was just earth though, not the federation)
Ah, now everything makes sense!

Remember the "nuking Jupiter" thread?
It was a test for the future Earth-Romulus war!

9/11 was a plot from the Romulans, who travelled back in time to bomb WTC in an attempt to avoid the birth of the Federation!!!!!

But we know about the future, since Star Trek series were developed by Starfleet time travellers to warn us about such threats against the timeline. And, since *I* managed to tie the loose ends, *I* am the savior of the Alpha Quadrant.

Bow to me, the uncover of the Romulan time travel conspiracy!

Actually I wanted the title of "savior of the Universe", but it's already used by Flash Gordon...

ETA another annoying geekish nitpicking:
The Earth-Romulus war actually took place after "Enterprise".

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories