IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags CT humor

Old 7th September 2006, 12:32 AM   #1
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Smile The CT to English dictionary.

Hi guys!

I mainly lurk around here but I thought I might start a thread to try and document some of the lingo used by CTists and the aproximate English translations.

I unserstand some people like to keep this forum serious, but after reading some of the tripe the CTists post, I really need to vent some steam!

So here are my initial contributions! Modifications and additions welcome!

-----
Term: edition
Definition: guess.
Example: "Loose Change: Second Edition"
-----

-----
Term: Occams Razor
Definition: Occams Razor is a CT principle which states that the speakers answer is the only correct one.
Example: "You guys should apply Occams Razor."
-----

-----
Term: pilot
Definition: Someone who owns a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Example: "JohnDoeX is a pilot."
-----

-----
Term: quote
Definition: Used to indicate that the speaker is repeating or referring to something which may bear some resemblance to words that might have been spoken by another person.
Example: "George Bush has been quoted as saying 9/11 was an inside job."
-----

-----
Term: research
Definition: google/googling.
Example: "Dylan has been doing some extensive research."
-----

-----
Term: smoking gun
Definition: Used to describe a minor coincidence or an event which the speaker is completely unqualified to analyse.
Example: "That plume is a smoking gun."
-----

-----
Term: truth
Definition: Used to describe any scenario which the speaker has selected as their preffered version of events. In CT speak, the term "truth" is rarely prefixed with the definite article (THE) as it would be in common English. This allows the speaker to reaffirm his/her superiorority over common man.
Example: "I search for truth."
-----

-----
Term: of truth
Definition: The sentence fragment "of truth" may be prefixed by all kinds of nouns to generate throw-away lines which highlight the intellectual prowess of the speaker. These phrases have no decipherable meaning.
Examples: "Purpose of truth", "Essence of truth", "Meaning of truth".
-----
Old 7th September 2006, 04:07 AM   #2
Shrinker
Graduate Poster

Hehe, very good. Especially Occam's Razor.

Term: photoanalysis
Definition: the process of searching a picture for something so small and fuzzy that it can't be proved not to be what you want it to be.

Term: awaken
Definition: to deliver to someone a series of escalating lies until they finally say, 'Oh my God, really?'

Last edited by Shrinker; 7th September 2006 at 04:11 AM.
Shrinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 04:17 AM   #3
MetalPig
Illuminator

Term: concrete
Definition: invisible stuff between steel columns; air.
Old 7th September 2006, 04:23 AM   #4
brodski
Tea-Time toad

fascist: anyone who disagrees with them, about anything.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 04:32 AM   #5
MortFurd
Master Poster

Term: Common Sense
Definition: Applying personal prejudice and ignorance to the process analysis in order to "prove" a conclusion previously arrived at by wishful thinking.

Example:
Common sense says the WTC couldn't have collapsed from crashing an airplane into it. It must have been CD/missile attack/MIB/Arnie on a bad hair day.

Term: Government Shill
Definition: Anyone who presents evidence against the CT under discussion.

Example:
(Gumboot provides 367 quotes, pictures, and video clips thoroughly destroying the CT point.)

CTist: Gumboot is a government shill. (Conveniently ignoring that fact that Gumboot is a citizen of NZ.)
MortFurd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 04:33 AM   #6
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Term: "Hole"
Definition: Something where a plane does not fit in

Welcome to the board, too, Qarnos.

My personal favorite is "searching".
But what the heck is a "troll" - or someone "trolling" around?
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 04:34 AM   #7
MortFurd
Master Poster

Originally Posted by brodski View Post
fascist: anyone who disagrees with them, about anything.
Term: Hypocrite
Definition: The typical CTist, who cannot see that banning people from his forum for disagreeing with the "theory" is a typical fascist thing to do.
MortFurd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 04:35 AM   #8
MortFurd
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Term: "Hole"
Definition: Something where a plane does not fit in

Welcome to the board, too, Qarnos.

My personal favorite is "searching".
But what the heck is a "troll" - or someone "trolling" around?
Hallo, Oliver.
Das sind Trolls
Old 7th September 2006, 04:36 AM   #9
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Moderator: Someone who ensures that only one side of an argument may be heard.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 04:42 AM   #10
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MortFurd View Post
Hallo, Oliver.
"...wiki/Troll_(Internet)"]Das sind Trolls
Vielen Dank, MortFurd.

Ich dachte schon es sei ein CT-Wort.
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 04:42 AM   #11
MortFurd
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
Moderator: Someone who ensures that only one side of an argument may be heard.
... and zealously bans anyone who espouses a different opinion.
Old 7th September 2006, 04:43 AM   #12
Shrinker
Graduate Poster

whistleblower: any government employee who believed Loose Change
exmple: Milwaukee tax official claims pod fired missile at towers!
Shrinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 04:48 AM   #13
MortFurd
Master Poster

Term: Sheeple
Definition: Sheep-people. People who docilely accept the official story of the CT under discussion rather than docilely following the CT leaders.
Old 7th September 2006, 05:45 AM   #14
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Term: Blind, Fool, Shill, Hasn't researched(c.f.) it enough,
Definition: Anyone who looks into 9/11 and comes to a different conclusion than the CT'er's.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 05:47 AM   #15
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Term: "Pull"
Definition: Blowing up underinsured buildings for fun and profit
Usage: "That Silverstein guys said he pulled the building! That means he and the FDNY planted explosives and blew up WTC7!!!!!"

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 05:49 AM   #16
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Term: George Orwell, 1984, Winston, etc.
Defintion: References to a book that ONLY YOU READ, and ONLY YOU UNDERSTAND THE MESSAGE OF.

Old 7th September 2006, 05:51 AM   #17
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Insurance: money which is paid to you if you publicly admit to deliberately destroying your own property, and murdering thousands in the process. As in "he did it for the insurance"
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 05:52 AM   #18
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Term: Owned, Pwned, etc.
Defintion: What you say you did to those sheeple after you ran away fromt he debate crying like a six year old.
Usage: "I went over to JREF and told them to appear on my podcast and debate me. Only 24 or 25 guys accepted, so I said like 'whatever.' and left. I totally pwned them."

Old 7th September 2006, 05:55 AM   #19
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Term: hearty debate
Definition: 1.) a process whereby likeminded people gather on an internet forum and congratulate each other on being the smarterst mo-fo out there. 2.) a process whereby those with differing viewpoints are banned.
Example: "JohnDoeX welcomed a hearty debate with Billzilla."
realitybites is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 06:16 AM   #20
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Term: Zionists, Isrealis, Mossad.
Definition: Jews. All of them.

Old 7th September 2006, 06:16 AM   #21
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Term: Freefall
Definition: Speed at which objects fall without air resistance. Varies depending on which film clip of the towers' collapse one is watching.

Term: Thermite
Definition: Highly portable and invisible explosive, can be placed in 110-story buildings over a weekend unnoticed. See also super-thermite, nano-thermite.
jhunter1163 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 06:35 AM   #22
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Welcome, garnos.

Term: Speed of Gravity

Definition: The velocity at which a falling object exceeds credulity.
Old 7th September 2006, 06:44 AM   #23
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Term: pyroclastic flow
Definition:
  1. a large, moving mass of hot volcanic ash and gases;
  2. a large dust cloud of concrete micro-pulverized by exotic explosives and/or nuclear devices.
Example: "The pyroclastic flow at Ground Zero is evidence of a controlled demolition."
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 06:45 AM   #24
Grundar
Scholar

welcome

Term: Evidence
Definition: If the evidence doesn't agree with my theory, it is faked.
example: "There is no evidence of an airplane hitting pentagon."

/Hans

Last edited by Grundar; 7th September 2006 at 06:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Grundar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 06:58 AM   #25
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Term: respect
Definition: to completly disregard; to activly slander; to intentionally cause suffering; having an utter lack of consideration for
Example: "We respect the victims of 9/11." "We respect healthy debate."

Last edited by Hellbound; 7th September 2006 at 07:00 AM.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 07:01 AM   #26
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Term: Asking Questions
Defintion: The act of implying, hinting, or outright accusing people or the government of mass-murder of its own cicitzens by pointing out that there were wargames planned sometime near 911.

Old 7th September 2006, 07:02 AM   #27
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Term: 100% Accurate
Definition: We're pretty sure we at least got the dates right, something happened on 9/11, right? Anyway, we're just Asking Questions (c.f.)

Last edited by kookbreaker; 7th September 2006 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Stoopid spelling
Old 7th September 2006, 07:03 AM   #28
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Term: 9/11 scholar
Definition: someone affiliated with a school who conducts research far outside their area of expertise.

Term: journal
Definition: a collection of writings that have been peer-reviewed; also see: "peer-reviewed".

Term: peer-reviewed
Definition: read by someone equally out of their league/mind.

Example: "The 9/11 scholars for truth have published many peer-reviewed articles about 9/11 in journals."

also see: "truth"
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 07:03 AM   #29
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Term: theory
Definition: ANY statement made that could, in any possible way, be construed as evidence against 9/11 being an inside job. Also applies to facts that do not agree with the inside job idea. Does not apply to statements promoting 9/11 as an inside job.
Examples: "We don't have theories, we're just asking questions!" "Do you have any evidence for the official theory that 9/11 happened in New York?"
Old 7th September 2006, 07:04 AM   #30
jskowron
Really Bad at Karaoke

Term= Theory
Definition= the established belief, doctrine,or ideology, held by any kind of organization to be authoritative and not to be disputed or doubted.
Usage= "Anyone who disputes my theory is likely a governement shill, Zionist conspirator, or just too stupid to look at the facts that I found on the internet."

Last edited by jskowron; 7th September 2006 at 07:06 AM.
jskowron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 10:58 AM   #31
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Term: ..need to do more research.
Definition:

1) When stated as 'You need to do more research' it means that the subject has rejected the Loose Change documentary and needs to research more until he conforms to the CT ideal. Anyone who disgrees automatically needs to do more research.

2) Self referring: 'I need to do more research'. Stated by self-professed 'fence sitters' who were leaning to the CT side after they encounter effective opposition to the theories. 'I need to do more research' is used to bow ungracefully out of a discussion but usually just means watching more videos on google.

Term: Melted, Vaporized
Definition: What the 'official theory' says happned to the steel in the WTC and the plane at the Pentagon respectively. Even though no official report uses this terminology. A great way to score points by raping this strawman.
Usage: "I cannot beleive u guys think the Titanium plane at the Pentaogn vaporized like the government says! That takes like 12,000 degrees!!! LOLLOL

Term: LOL (Laugh Out Loud)
Definition: Used in mulitple cases, but most often when beating up strawmen or acting as if something is impossible.
Usage: " You guys think fire can bring down buildings!! LOL", "U guys think fire can melt steel, LOL!" , "FEMA says their way the building fell was unlikely so it must have been wizards LOL!" "Silverstain says he personally blew up the buildings, that's a confession so what more do you want, LOL!"

Term: Radio Show
Definition: Rant-filled Podcast to about a dozen or so fellow kooks.

Term: Squibs, Explosion Flashes.
Defintion: Any blob or dot on a video we can find. They are automatically signs that explosives were in use. Other may claim many of these are compression artifacts, but those do not exist.

Term: Compression artifacts.
Defintion: Now what did we just say?!

Old 7th September 2006, 11:06 AM   #32
Pardalis
Banned

Remember that you should write "truth" with a capital "T".
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 11:09 AM   #33
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

ETA: I was hoping someone else could translate this for me...

Last edited by Brainache; 7th September 2006 at 12:04 PM.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 11:10 AM   #34
brodski
Tea-Time toad

question: Insinuation and lies.

Last edited by brodski; 7th September 2006 at 11:12 AM. Reason: beceause Kookbreaker beat me to the punch
Old 7th September 2006, 11:56 AM   #35
Class
Critical Thinker

Term: Expert
Definition: I saw this in a movie once.
Class is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 12:37 PM   #36
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Class View Post
Term: Expert
Definition: I saw this in a movie once.
Term: real expert
Definition: Maybe i saw it twice! in that video.

ADDED:

Definition: .......or was it a book?

Last edited by Oliver; 7th September 2006 at 12:52 PM. Reason: humor
Old 7th September 2006, 12:48 PM   #37
celestrin
Thinker

Talking

CD
abbr.
see controlled demolition

controlled demolition
n.
1. (legend) mythological event, supposed to had happened in New York on 9/11/2001. Considered as the Holy Grail of the 9/11 CT religion. Every member of the religion is supposed to conduct his or her research solely in a way to prove its reality and existance. Has magical contradicting properties, ie. it can cause large buildings to collapse into their own footprints, while simultaneously scattering the debris over a large area; it can cause explosive sound effects, easily heard from miles away, while remaining very silent for listeners near by; it can cause large buildings to collapse in mere 8 seconds, while they can still be seen standing after 15 seconds. It is exclusively set off by mythical squibs.
2. fabrication, lie, usu used to support one's political or religious convictions.
3. wishfull thinking, used to comfort one's emotions

References in classic literature:
We have just returned from the screening of Monty Python and the Controlled Demolition.
- from "How to Turn Down Seven Figure Deals" by Avery, DoOver D.

squib
n.
(legend) mythical device. Also called The Initiator of controlled demolition[1], easily recognised by rapid discharge of smoke and dust, usu in single direction away from a shattered window or similar opening. Squib identification is esp easy in lo-fi still images.

thermite
n.
1. any of numerous invisible insects of the order of chrIsoptera, known to thrive on steel and aluminum. They prefer warmer climate with temperatures above 250 C (480 F). They are fairly inactive in cooler regions, where they congest in solid piles, plates or columns.
2. blocks of congested, solid state thermites[1]. Natives of cooler regions have successfully used this property and have been using them for Millenia as construction material. Synthetic eqvivalent is marketed under the brand name invisicrete.

References in classic literarure:
Thermite contains its own supply of oxygen and so the reaction cannot be smothered, even with water.
- from Puh-leezer winning (Best Fiction category) "Why Indeed Did the WTC Buildings Collapse?", by Jones, Steven E.

thermate
v.
act of mating between thermites[1].
n.
mucus discharge, produced in mating of thermites[1], rich with sulphur. Also contains traces of manganese. Research in this field is rapidly changing, literally every day. Check the work of Jones, Steven E. for latest updates.

invisicrete
n.
Brand name. Actually very rarely used in CT circles. Synthetic equivalent to solid state thermite[2] has been invented in late 1960's. Its advertising campaign left deep impressions in English speaking world, producing catch phrases such as "Hallways Sold Seperately!" and "I Can't Believe It's Not 2.257 Inches!". After the initial hype, problems with its storage led to a sharp decline in its popularity. Constant surveillance was necessary, since leaving it unobserved meant, it would be nearly impossible to find it again. Proliferation of electronics and automatic surveillance systems, ie. CCTV, personal computers, rabbit wire fences, caused its reemergance in early 1990's, led, once again, with stunning advertising. "Bigger! Better! Now With 3 Inch Rebar On 4 Foot Centers!" TV-add entered into history as the first fully digital production to win the Academy Awards Best Picture nomination in 1992. Scandal broke out on the eve of the ceremony, when research reveiled that the CEO of security company in charge of transportation of voting ballots was also TV-add director's brother. They made the decision to pull, and everybody watched Silence of the Lamps take all the glory. They also pulled the TV-add, never to be seen on PBS again.
celestrin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 08:37 PM   #38
Pardalis
Banned

Bush:
–noun
1. the Devil
2. a low plant with many branches that arise from or near the ground.
3. Slang (vulgar). pubic hair.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 08:44 PM   #39
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by qarnos View Post
-----
Term: of truth
Definition: The sentence fragment "of truth" may be prefixed by all kinds of nouns to generate throw-away lines which highlight the intellectual prowess of the speaker. These phrases have no decipherable meaning.
Examples: "Purpose of truth", "Essence of truth", "Meaning of truth".
-----
Except when prefixed by "Sword".

Great post, Qarn. Welcome aboard the shill bandwagon.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2006, 08:52 PM   #40
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post

ETA: I was hoping someone else could translate this for me...
1) Sheenish, a language only spoken and understood by chucksheen

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories