ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags animals , yawn

Old 8th September 2006, 01:30 AM   #1
Blue Bubble
Sharper than a thorn

Question Animals that do NOT yawn ?

Are there any animals you can think of that do not yawn ?

Birds ? Fish ? Insects ?

Platypus ?

If so, why do they not yawn ?
Blue Bubble is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2006, 01:36 AM   #2
HeyLeroy
Vegan Cannibal

They don't read Iamme threads?
I ♣ my baby Harp Seal.
HeyLeroy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2006, 01:44 AM   #3
Badger
Member of the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by HeyLeroy View Post
They don't read Iamme threads?
I'm going to ask the moderators to move this to the "old jokes" thread.
"You had me at bamboo worms." - (GeekGoddess)
"I power-barfed for so long that I'm pretty sure I lost a few inches in height and maybe even went back in time a little. " (negativ)
Badger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2006, 05:51 AM   #4
Cuddles
Decoy

Originally Posted by Blue Bubble View Post
Are there any animals you can think of that do not yawn ?

Birds ? Fish ? Insects ?

Platypus ?
Fish can't yawn because they don't have lungs. The same is probably true for insects, although I'm not so sure, they definately have funny mouths that wouldn't be much good for yawning. I've never seen a bird yawn, but I have a feeling it's something funny about mammals so they probably don't. Platypussies are just ducks designed by committee so they come under the bird section.

Quote:
If so, why do they not yawn ?
I think the more important question is why do we yawn?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology