IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags world trade center , wtc , gravy , 911 conspiracy theory , wtc7

Old 8th October 2006, 11:54 PM   #1
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

New Gravy paper: WTC 7 and the Lies of the 9/11 "Truth Movement"

Available temporarily here: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=187763 (8 Mb .doc file) and here: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=187766 (3.8 Mb PDF).

As always, the .doc file looks much better. In the PDF version, only the hyperlinks that look like URLs are clickable. Anyone know a fix for that, beyond changing all the text links to "http..."?

Please don't link to this until it has a permanent home. Anyone is welcome to host, and I'll contact Mike at 9/11 Myths.

–Mark
Old 9th October 2006, 12:35 AM   #2
Kent1
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Available temporarily here: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=187763 (8 Mb .doc file) and here: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=187766 (3.8 Mb PDF).

As always, the .doc file looks much better. In the PDF version, only the hyperlinks that look like URLs are clickable. Anyone know a fix for that, beyond changing all the text links to "http..."?

Please don't link to this until it has a permanent home. Anyone is welcome to host, and I'll contact Mike at 9/11 Myths.

–Mark
Great job on some of those firefigher quotes. I really like how you put the information together on that aspect.
Kent1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 01:13 AM   #3
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

–Mark
I'm up to page 60 so far.... Great work, Mark.

LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 03:47 AM   #4
einsteen

Here an image for the cover page

http://wtc2001ny.tripod.com/wtc-7.jpg.html

ps. collapsed pic probably from 9/13

Last edited by einsteen; 9th October 2006 at 04:07 AM.
einsteen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 04:09 AM   #5
Shrinker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by einsteen View Post

...where you will see that the small building to the north is clearly standing in WTC7's footprint.

Great work Gravy. Well, the bits I've had time to read are great. The confrontation with Alex Jones is hilarious.
Shrinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 04:13 AM   #6
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by einsteen View Post

Thanks, but I tried to use photos taken as soon as possible after the collapse.

I'm interested to know what you think of all the eyewitness accounts.
Old 9th October 2006, 04:20 AM   #7
einsteen

I think eyewitnesses are important and as much info as possible should be written down
einsteen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 05:38 AM   #8
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Those people make me sick. Nice work Gravy.

Those are the people who are going to save us and expose us to the real 'truth'? I don't think so.

einsteen and troothydude1234 I would be totally embarassed to be associated with them if I were you.
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 06:08 AM   #9
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

cant wait to see the CTers debunking of it...

Jon Gold: i don't like "Gravy", so obviously the paper is a pile of disinformation. Paper officially debunked.

lol

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 06:30 AM   #10
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
cant wait to see the CTers debunking of it...

Jon Gold: i don't like "Gravy", so obviously the paper is a pile of disinformation. Paper officially debunked.

lol

TAM
Have you seen a photo of him? I have a feeling he asks for extra gravy!
Old 9th October 2006, 07:08 AM   #11
boloboffin

Thank you, thank you.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 09:27 AM   #12
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

He looks more like an angry biker rejected by the Hells Angels to me...but I am sure he loves his "Gravy".
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 09:43 AM   #13
Pardalis
Banned

Wow. I skimmed through it and it looks like a heck of a great document. Can't wait to read it more thouroughly.

After the Amazing Randi, here comes the Amazing Gravy!
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 10:16 AM   #14
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by boloboffin View Post
Thank you, thank you.
Ditto. Very nicely done!
Old 9th October 2006, 11:07 AM   #15
Class
Critical Thinker

The .doc version was too big to upload, so here's a mirror for the .pdf version.

EDIT: Forgot to add, very nice work!
Class is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 11:32 AM   #16
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Mark, you've outdone yourself. I just read through most of it (skimming over some sections), and if this doesn't pull people back from the brink, nothing will.

WTC7 was their most alluring myth. Not anymore.

Fantastic!
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 11:35 AM   #17
Pardalis
Banned

Someone should email this document to Matthew Horton Woodson.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ad.php?t=65684

ETA: I really mean it, if my English was any better, I would do it myself.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 12:08 PM   #18
Abbyas
Muse

Perfect, Mark. Effing Perfect.

Easy to read, comprehensively and visually. Humorous when it needs to be and serious when called for. The science is clear, and the layout is great.

Very, very nice work. Thank you for this. I will be using it.
Abbyas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 01:48 PM   #19
Lurker
Illuminator

I just finished reading the pdf doc, Gravy. Very well done. But I do have a complaint. Where the heck were you when I was having this email deabte with a friend of mine about WTC7. Your paper and entensive quotes/pics would have come in handy. Now I just feel stupid as I can just send him your link which does a far better job than I did after about 75 emails.

Kudos for a job done.
Lurker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 02:24 PM   #20
Hutch
A broken man on a Halifax pier, the last of Barrett's Privateers

Have you seen a photo of him? I have a feeling he asks for extra gravy!

Hey....Hey....Hey..., I resemble that remark!!
Old 9th October 2006, 02:29 PM   #21
tacodaemon
Muse

Gravy, you've got a great point when you mention how the "truthers" have some kind of allergy to editing down their videos. I wish these people didn't have such outright contempt for the written word, so I wouldn't have to sit through their long, boring videos to try to see what they're talking about now. I can read fast, but it's not like I can speed up their videos ... actually, come to think of it, maybe that would make them more entertaining to watch.
tacodaemon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 02:41 PM   #22
R.Mackey
Philosopher

Just got through reading it. A tour de force to be sure. Great job.

Like you, the thing that angers me the most is how these people slander the very firefighters who risked (and gave) their lives. And all for no reason, other than they want their fiction to be true, want it so badly that they distort, lie, and willingly play along with their "friends" who do.

I don't understand the vocal component. It's like having a dumb kid in class who always always shoots up his hand to answer the teacher's question, but is completely unprepared and dead wrong every time. But does that stop him? No, he does it over and over and over again, every day, for years.

I never saw a kid like that, not one. Most people keep quiet when they don't know anything. I have no idea where these people come from.
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 02:55 PM   #23
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tacodaemon View Post
Gravy, you've got a great point when you mention how the "truthers" have some kind of allergy to editing down their videos. I wish these people didn't have such outright contempt for the written word, so I wouldn't have to sit through their long, boring videos to try to see what they're talking about now. I can read fast, but it's not like I can speed up their videos ... actually, come to think of it, maybe that would make them more entertaining to watch.
Like this fast clip in which Gravy takes on a dozen or so troofers.

ETA: do'h... this clip
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 03:03 PM   #24
CurtC
Illuminator

Of course, it can go into the loosechangeguide.com site.

I still think the format of a DOC file, or PDF, is inconvenient for anyone but the most dedicated reader. Any interest in an HTML version?
CurtC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 03:03 PM   #25
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Great job, Gravy! Loved the part where you showed all the firefighters using the words "pull" or "pulled"; very effective!
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 03:06 PM   #26
Deus Ex Machina
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Abbyas View Post
Perfect, Mark. Effing Perfect.

Easy to read, comprehensively and visually. Humorous when it needs to be and serious when called for. The science is clear, and the layout is great.

Very, very nice work. Thank you for this. I will be using it.
yep, let me add my inadequate words of praise for a job well done. EXCELLENT!!
Old 9th October 2006, 03:25 PM   #27
Hutch
A broken man on a Halifax pier, the last of Barrett's Privateers

Just finished scaning it Gravy, and very well done indeed.

At times your passion in opposing these...well, I guess I must call them gentlemen, although both parts of the word is in some doubt...comes out and interferes in your review, but by and large it is a dispassionate review of the events and the CT'ers and the putrid mess they spew.

My admiration for your patience and wilingness to do this is only enhanced by this--kudos to you, and Brainster, and MarkyX , and CurtC, and of course Abbyas and all those who fight against ignorance.

If I may suggest, if the FD of NY has a website or Forum, I am sure many of the Firefighters would like to read this online.

Most Satisfactory, as a certain fictional New Yorker might have said.
Old 9th October 2006, 07:40 PM   #28
steve s
Philosopher

Kudos. I haven't read through the entire thing but I skimmed through it. Love your comments about Bermas. It's amazing they let him loose in public. Keep up the good work.

Steve S.
Old 9th October 2006, 09:06 PM   #29
tacodaemon
Muse

By the way, Gravy, if you can get your hands on the archived CNN video from 9/11, there's some additional evidence on there that WTC 7's collapse was expected -- the expected collapse was mentioned by the anchor (I think it was Aaron Brown) a couple of times starting about 70 minutes before the collapse actually happened, and they trained a camera on the building because they were waiting for collapse to happen eventually. I saw this on the rebroadcast on 9/11 of this year but unfortunately I wasn't vidcapping it.
tacodaemon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 09:43 PM   #30
Kent1
Graduate Poster

I noticed that you have a much better photo than Steven Jones uses in his paper on page 19. It's on page 95 on your paper. Jones uses this photo to suggest that the workers may be looking at molten steel.
http://www.st911.org/
Kent1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 09:53 PM   #31
CurtC
Illuminator

By the way, Mark, the loosechangeguide.com site has collected enough in Paypal donations to cover the whole first year of expenses, so I've taken the Paypal link down.
CurtC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 10:37 PM   #32
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Originally Posted by Class View Post
The .doc version was too big to upload, so here's a mirror for the .pdf version.

EDIT: Forgot to add, very nice work!
Thank you for the mirror site with the pdf. That actually showed up better and made the rest of the reading much easier. Plus, it showed all the photos, which were not all showing in the .doc version that I started reading last night.

Mark, I've now finished reading the whole thing and - wow - terrific work!!!
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2006, 10:54 PM   #33
JamesB
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Kent1 View Post
I noticed that you have a much better photo than Steven Jones uses in his paper on page 19. It's on page 95 on your paper. Jones uses this photo to suggest that the workers may be looking at molten steel.
http://www.st911.org/
I made a post on the paper and that pic on SLC. Excellent work.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2006, 12:57 AM   #34
mcMike
Student

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
I made a post on the paper and that pic on SLC. Excellent work.
Can anyone validate where's this original photo from? It seems like Jones faked the photo with postprocessing but I would like to first see evidence of unprocessed source. Thanks.
mcMike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2006, 01:50 AM   #35
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Awesome.

There is only one Mark Roberts, no matter how much we all wish we are all Mark Roberts (and no matter how much the deniers wish we all are too).

Last edited by Orphia Nay; 10th October 2006 at 01:52 AM.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2006, 02:03 AM   #36
sleahead
Critical Thinker

McMike, Look at the screwlooschange site where the two images are side by side.

JamesB, the I think the original caption for this photograph in Jones' paper was something like "firefighters peering into the yellow-white hot core" and, as you know, it has now been changed to "Workers evidently peering into the hot "core" under the WTC rubble". Evidently, Jones is trying to use the word evidently to get himself off the hook on this one.

Gravy, fantastic job with the new document. Well done.
sleahead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2006, 02:27 AM   #37
jsiv
Illuminator

How clever of you to print our NWO disinformation instructions on gravy paper! Not even the KGB thought of that!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have about 30 pages left to eat.
jsiv is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2006, 02:29 AM   #38
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by mcMike View Post
Can anyone validate where's this original photo from? It seems like Jones faked the photo with postprocessing but I would like to first see evidence of unprocessed source. Thanks.
The original is number 5575 in the series "Here is New York." The photographers in that series are anonymous.

Great catch, Kent1. I revised the paper to include a side-by-side comparison. (current version here). 911myths.com is going to host it.
Old 10th October 2006, 02:47 AM   #39
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
Of course, it can go into the loosechangeguide.com site.
I still think the format of a DOC file, or PDF, is inconvenient for anyone but the most dedicated reader. Any interest in an HTML version?
I agree, but not being skilled at coding, and too lazy to learn, I have to defer to others!

Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
By the way, Mark, the loosechangeguide.com site has collected enough in Paypal donations to cover the whole first year of expenses, so I've taken the Paypal link down.
Well done, Curt. (I hope you kept enough to buy yourself a beer.)
Old 10th October 2006, 03:15 AM   #40
SwissSkeptic
Critical Thinker

Just finished reading. Thank you for your excellent work Gravy.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories