IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags plane crash

Old 11th October 2006, 11:57 AM   #1
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Breaking news, small plane hit NY building

Now on CNN

ETA: posted here because of obvious reasons. If a mod wants to move this to current events, feelk free.

ETA: sorry for the horrible spelling

Last edited by Bell; 11th October 2006 at 12:00 PM.
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 11:59 AM   #2
Dog Town
Banned

Damn your fast!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:00 PM   #3
Dog Town
Banned

Saying copter now.
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:02 PM   #4
Pardalis
Banned

It must be on the tv channel, it's not yet on their website.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:02 PM   #5
Arus808
Philosopher

its on their website; its through their Pipeline application (not free)

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:03 PM   #6
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
It's on their "Pipline" offering, which you can sign up for a free trial, but not the regular website yet.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:03 PM   #7
Dog Town
Banned

East river, my bet is Heli! Yep that's what they are saying on the tube.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:04 PM   #8
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, tv. I allways have CNN turned on in the background.

They are now showing huge fires from 4 windows.
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:04 PM   #9
Alareth
Philosopher

Just wait, they will start yelling about how the building didn't collapse.
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:04 PM   #10
firecoins
Illuminator

Plane into a building today!!!

This is breaking news. A new plane has crashed into another building into Manhattan. More to come!

Sorry someone else posted it first

Mod WarningFirecoin, I moved your post into the existing thread.
Responding to this mod box in thread will be off topic Posted By:Lisa Simpson

Last edited by Lisa Simpson; 11th October 2006 at 12:08 PM.
firecoins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:05 PM   #11
Dog Town
Banned

Yea, that was my first thought, AL.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:06 PM   #12
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Alareth View Post
I wanted to make a sarcastic post about exactly that. I can just imagine how the nutters are gonna pick this one apart
Old 11th October 2006, 12:06 PM   #13
firecoins
Illuminator

quick load the buildiign up with explosives
firecoins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:07 PM   #14
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Crap it's an Apt Building.
332nd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:08 PM   #15
firecoins
Illuminator

I am listening to NYPD scanner right now. No conspiracy in progress.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:09 PM   #16
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Alareth View Post
Unless it does, then they'll claim that it was a CD because they were getting too close.
332nd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:09 PM   #17
Dog Town
Banned

My guess, heart attack of pilot. This looks like hell! That fire was big quick!
Old 11th October 2006, 12:09 PM   #18
Alareth
Philosopher

Jeebus, the news casters are talking about the danger of collapse...

*sigh*
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:09 PM   #19
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by firecoins View Post
I am listening to NYPD scanner right now. No conspiracy in progress.
You're listening to the 'wrong' scanner.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:11 PM   #20
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Please calm down and let the story develop, folks, and remember that people died.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:11 PM   #21
firecoins
Illuminator

I have FDNY in my scanner too. Should I listen to them for a conspiracy?
Old 11th October 2006, 12:11 PM   #22
Dog Town
Banned

That fire got big fast. How are they gonna fight this?
Old 11th October 2006, 12:12 PM   #23
boloboffin

Small general aviation airplane, from FAA (?). Multi engine. No tracking from NORAD, no knowledge, no scrambling.

Jet fuel has sparked a fire on the ground as well. No idea where the actual plane is.

Last edited by boloboffin; 11th October 2006 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Bit more info
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:12 PM   #24
Pardalis
Banned

How big of a plane?
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:12 PM   #25
slingblade

Originally Posted by Bell View Post
You're listening to the 'wrong' scanner.
There are only two brands: the SheeplScan 2001, or the Troothspiracy 911.3 (final cut).
slingblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:13 PM   #26
Zygar
Master Poster

Didn't they realize they are an entire month late!
Zygar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:13 PM   #27
TobiasTheViking
Resident Viking Autist

whatever this turns out to be... it sucks...
Old 11th October 2006, 12:13 PM   #28
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

I hope nobody was home in those Apartments that got hit.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:14 PM   #29
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Please calm down and let the story develop, folks, and remember that people died.
Gotcha, Gravy. You're right.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:15 PM   #30
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

How big of a plane?
NYPD says small multi engine plane.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:15 PM   #31
firecoins
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
That fire got big fast. How are they gonna fight this?
They are closing the SOuthbound FDR. for emergency vehicles but they aren't sure
Old 11th October 2006, 12:15 PM   #32
TK0001
Muse

Thumbs down

Good Lord, not again.

The wound's too fresh for this.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:16 PM   #33
Pardalis
Banned

Poor New Yorkers, this must bring back some really bad memories.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:16 PM   #34
slingblade

There will almost certainly be some casualties, but maybe most people weren't home this time of day.

Sorry for the sarcasm. It's just that I know this will be used to further some lie or other, and sarcasm's a quick way to vent that frustration. I'm already getting angry, and nothing's been said....yet.
slingblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:17 PM   #35
Dog Town
Banned

Pandemonium was the descrip on the street. This is horrible.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:17 PM   #36
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Looks like the Firemen are doing a good job.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:17 PM   #37
c4ts
Philosopher

I saw molten steel!
c4ts is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:18 PM   #38
Anti-sophist
Graduate Poster

My guess, they are going to blame this on Karl Rove and his October surprise....
Anti-sophist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2006, 12:18 PM   #39
TK0001
Muse

Originally Posted by c4ts View Post
I saw molten steel!
Not funny.

Time and a place, man.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:19 PM   #40
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
Looks like the Firemen are doing a good job.
Aren't they always?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories