ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags beef wiener , gallows , gravy , insurance fraud , kevin barrett , larry silverstein , mass murder , traitor , treason

Old 21st December 2006, 05:41 PM   #1
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Thumbs down Kevin Barrett, Supercreepafragalisticparanoidatrocious

Dear Kevin,

In October I sent you the email below, which refers to this page on your website: http://www.mujca.com/anniversaries.htm

Why have you not corrected your egregious errors? Please do so now.

Sincerely,
Mark Roberts

Quote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Oct 12, 2006
Subject: Serious errors on your website.
To: kevin@mujca.com

Dear Kevin,

In reviewing your website mujca.com, I noticed a particularly baffling passage on the first page:

"9/11 insurance-fraudster Larry Silverstein, like the Poe narrator, was apparently confounded by the noise of his own lying heartbeat when he confessed on national TV to making "a decision to pull (WTC-7)...and we made that decision to pull, and we watched the building collapse." Silverstein's inability to get anything built on the site during the past five years, leaving a gigantic bomb crater screaming silently to the world that the WTC was destroyed by bombs, not by planes, is another, far more eloquent confession. To borrow a phrase from the Loose Change logo, Larry's bomb crater is "louder than words." Perhaps the best possible memorial would be to leave the site exactly the way it is, and hold a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the Larry Silverstein Memorial Bomb Crater.

Several corrections need to be made here:

1) "Insurance-fraudster." I am not aware of Silverstein having done anything illegal involving WTC insurance, and apparently neither are the insurance companies. If you have evidence of such wrongdoing, which would be front-page news in New York, please present it. If not, you should retract the accusation.

2) "We made that decision to pull." Kevin, this is a particularly egregious error. I shouldn't have to remind you that the quote is "And they made that decision to pull." Here is the exact quote:

"I remember getting a call from the fire department commander, uh, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse."

With the sentence 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it," Silverstein is obviously referring to saving lives, not blowing up buildings.

"They," of course, was the Fire Department of New York, and particularly Chief Daniel Nigro, who was in charge of operations on 9/11 after Chief Peter Ganci was killed. Nigro:

"The biggest decision we had to make was to clear the area and create a collapse zone around the severely damaged [WTC 7] building. A number of fire officers and companies assessed the damage to the building. The appraisals indicated that the building's integrity was in serious doubt." [Fire Engineering magazine, 10/2002]

In another interview, Chief Nigro says,

"The most important operational decision to be made that afternoon was [that] the col-lapse [Of the WTC towers] had damaged 7 World Trade Center, which is about a 50 story building, at Vesey between West Broadway and Washington Street. It had very heavy fire on many floors and I ordered the evacuation of an area sufficient around to protect our members, so we had to give up some rescue operations that were going on at the time and back the people away far enough so that if 7 World Trade did col-lapse, we [wouldn't] lose any more people. We continued to operate on what we could from that distance and approximately an hour and a half after that order was [given], at 5:30 in the afternoon, 7 World Trade Center collapsed completely." http://tinyurl.com/g8c6y

In this paper I list 28 instances of the word "pull" being used by first responders on 9/11 to refer to the withdrawal of firefighting and rescue operations due to the danger presented by WTC building 7: http://www.911myths.com/WTC7_Lies.doc (doc file version), or http://www.911myths.com/WTC7_Lies.pdf (PDF version)

3) "Silverstein's inability to get anything built on the site during the past five years, leaving a gigantic bomb crater screaming silently to the world that the WTC was destroyed by bombs, not by planes, is another, far more eloquent confession."

I'll avoid the "bomb" comment for now. My paper will disabuse you of that notion. As I'm sure you know, Silverstein's new, 52-story WTC 7 has been open since May, 2006. To state that he has built nothing on the site is to ignore one of the largest skyscrapers in New York City. Delays in building the rest of the site have been due primarily to problems with design and planning that are not Silverstein's province.

I look forward to hearing from you that your site will be corrected of these errors as soon as possible. I am revising my WTC 7 paper that's linked above and would prefer not to include your name amongst those who have chosen politics above honesty and so badly misrepresented this part of the tragic story.

Sincerely,

Mark Roberts
Brooklyn, NY
I heard back from Barrett (well, he replied as "Khidria," but I assume it's him). In a two-sentence email, he said that he would be saving my email as evidence against me, and that I would be standing on the gallows beside the traitor, mass murderer, and insurance fraudster Larry Silverstein.

My reply:
Quote:
First, please identify yourself. Are you Kevin Barrett?

Next, please provide evidence of Larry Silverstein's

1) Treason
2) Mass murdering
3) Insurance fraud

You have not done so on your website or anywhere else that I've seen.

Thank you.
Mark Roberts
I received another two-sentence reply, which said that the information I seek is publicly available and that I should figure it out for myself.

My reply:
Quote:
Since the information I seek is in your imagination only, I have turned to you for clarification. Most people understand that serious accusations, such as yours against Larry Silverstein, require proof. Since there is no evidence that Larry Silverstein has done anything wrong, much less murdered people or committed treason or insurance fraud, you should retract your accusations. Beyond the legal issue of libel, it's simply the right thing to do.

Do you really want to live in a world in which an accuser's baseless, hateful ranting is an acceptable standard of evidence? Please think about that, Mr. Barrett. Do the responsible and adult thing and withdraw your accusations against Larry Silverstein. The truth demands it.

Sincerely,

Mark Roberts
Brooklyn, NY
And that's where we left it. If I'm being called a traitor by "patriots" like Bermas, Balsamo (JDX), and Barrett, I must be doing something right.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 05:51 PM   #2
JamesB
Master Poster

Barrett is becoming unhinged. Reading the stuff on his site is just bizarre, with long screeds denouncing just about everyone he dislikes and saying the gallows are awaiting them, and praising his allies like Allah himself. Very little actual arguments.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 05:52 PM   #3
ConspiRaider
Writer of Nothingnesses

Excellent stuff, Gravy. And to think this guy is influencing young people to join him in making reckless accusations acceptable behavior.

Gravy: Avery's haste at slamming his own films on the Hardfire debate. Do you think the motive is fear of lawsuits?
ConspiRaider is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 05:55 PM   #4
Wizard
Banned

Gravy your quote from silverstein is incorrect. He said "..and then they made the decision to pull..."

This has been pointed out to you before and yet you still misquote
Wizard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 05:58 PM   #5
apathoid
Government Loyalist

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
I heard back from Barrett (well, he replied as "Khidria," but I assume it's him). In a two-sentence email, he said that he would be saving my email as evidence against me, and that I would be standing on the gallows beside the traitor, mass murderer, and insurance fraudster Larry Silverstein.
That guy strikes me as actually being dangerous, unlike 99.999% of the Troofer cult. Anyone who gladly announces that they'll kill anyone who they perceive to be a "traitor" has some really, really major issues upstairs. Barrett is certifiable.
Old 21st December 2006, 05:59 PM   #6
Anti-sophist
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Gravy your quote from silverstein is incorrect. He said "..and then they made the decision to pull..."

I will stand with you and insist Gravy acknowledge and fix his error once you acknowledge and fix all of yours. Same rules for everyone. Barrett, Gravy, you.
Old 21st December 2006, 06:01 PM   #7
apathoid
Government Loyalist

Its not really a misquote, the meaning of said quote doesnt change very much. Barrett wilfully misquoted Silverstein by changing the "they" to "we". Huge difference.
Old 21st December 2006, 06:01 PM   #8
Wizard
Banned

I love this part:

Quote:
I am revising my WTC 7 paper that's linked above and would prefer not to include your name amongst those who have chosen politics above honesty
I'm sure Mr Barrett is trembling at the idea that his name might appear in a little read tour guide's paper.

I mean, so far, he has only lost his job and received death threats from Bill O'Reilly, but a mention in Gravy's paper would surely finish him off
Wizard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:04 PM   #9
Pardalis
Banned

Death threats from Bill O'Reilly? Where do you get that?

Why are we whispering all of a sudden?
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:05 PM   #10
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

I love this part:
I mean, so far, he has only lost his job and received death threats from Bill O'Reilly
Care to show me where that happened? Or are you just lying again...

Creator - "Screw 9/11 Mysteries"
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay...24912447824934
The Doc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:10 PM   #11
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

I'm sure Mr Barrett is trembling at the idea that his name might appear in a little read tour guide's paper.
Well what have you ever done in your life? You've flammed a few people in a message board using about a million different usernames, you've mocked the work of others without having done any yourself and uh... that's about it really.

The other day you said you respect Gravy more than anyone else here. That quote I quoted you on sir, is a serious sign of disrespect. Gravy wrote that paper in his own time for a valid cause. What have you done?

Also nice work Gravy

I think this guy might acutally be insane. (Barrett)

The Doc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:14 PM   #12
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

In a two-sentence email, he said that he would be saving my email as evidence against me, and that I would be standing on the gallows beside the traitor, mass murderer, and insurance fraudster Larry Silverstein.
Obviously Kevin Barrett got the collector's edition of "V for Vendetta" for Christmas.
Old 21st December 2006, 06:21 PM   #13
Wizard
Banned

Originally Posted by doctorfungi View Post
Care to show me where that happened? Or are you just lying again...
Bill O'Reilly said live on air that he would like to see Mr Barrett floating in a river.
Old 21st December 2006, 06:21 PM   #14
Arus808
Philosopher

Bill O'Reilly said live on air that he would like to see Mr Barrett floating in a river.
uhm..and where in that is a threat to have him killed?

floating down a river?? seems to me he just wants Barret to live in reality, and take a boat trip.

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:22 PM   #15
Wizard
Banned

Well what have you ever done in your life? You've flammed a few people in a message board using about a million different usernames, you've mocked the work of others without having done any yourself and uh... that's about it really.

The other day you said you respect Gravy more than anyone else here. That quote I quoted you on sir, is a serious sign of disrespect. Gravy wrote that paper in his own time for a valid cause. What have you done?

Also nice work Gravy

I think this guy might acutally be insane. (Barrett)
Fungi you are only here because pdoherty forced you out of your normal trolling ground. You are a proven troll.
Old 21st December 2006, 06:23 PM   #16
DavidJames
Philosopher

Hey Mr. Wizz.

Kevin Barrett says Larry Silverstein is an "insurance-fraudster". Why do you suppose he doesn't take his evidence to the insurance commission or to the insurance companies so they can extract justice on him?

In fact, Mr. Wizz, why do you suppose none of your fellow CTists take their evidence to anyone in a position to bring justice. Why do they instead, just post their nonsense on Internet forums and make youtube videos?

I say it's because they are afraid they will be laughed at, humiliated and possible suffer legal repercussions. I'm guessing you will say it's because of some other CT. What do you say?
Beaver Hateman: Is your argument that human life loses value proportionate to the number of humans available? Malcolm Kirkpatrick: That's part of the argument. Value is determined by supply and demand.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:24 PM   #17
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

So would I....and your point is?
Old 21st December 2006, 06:24 PM   #18
Skibum
Graduate Poster

thats not a death threat, now is it?
Skibum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:25 PM   #19
NDBoston
Scholar

Fungi you are only here because pdoherty forced you out of your normal trolling ground. You are a proven troll.
Do you always talk about yourself in the third person?
NDBoston is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:32 PM   #20
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

You are wrong.

"I remember getting a call from the fire department commander, uh, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse." –Larry Silverstein

Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:34 PM   #21
Crungy
Critical Thinker

If he's still here that means the UK's computer dating services aren't all that they are cracked up to be. "I think 9/11 was an inside job. I'm a bit round in the middle and here's me photograph."
Crungy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:34 PM   #22
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

No I'm here because I like the people (except for you) here.

If you had read that thread, the ATS'ers were welcome to have me. After a month of posting there after my 'apology' I wanted to leave behind the ammateurs who were still arguing the "Pull It" quote and join some real thinkers. So technically I am still welcome to post there. Haven't been "forced " from anywhere.

If you want to continue the personal attacks go ahead, they're only harming you. Mr Dohrety.

Old 21st December 2006, 06:36 PM   #23
Wizard
Banned

You are wrong.

"I remember getting a call from the fire department commander, uh, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse." –Larry Silverstein
Yet again you lie. Your cleansing of the quote was exposed in this thread:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ad.php?t=65803
Old 21st December 2006, 06:37 PM   #24
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

Listen to the quote Wizard. Save yourself some dignity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3E-26oVIIs

Old 21st December 2006, 06:38 PM   #25
Quad4_72
AI-EE-YAH!

You are wrong.

Once again Wizard has managed to make himself look foolish. How can he POSSIBLY expect us to take him seriously with all of the many errors that he makes in basically every post? Oh and here is the audio of the interview. Follow along with Gravy's quote there Wizard, it will be fun!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...nterview&hl=en

Last edited by Quad4_72; 21st December 2006 at 06:41 PM.
Quad4_72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:39 PM   #26
Wizard
Banned

No I'm here because I like the people (except for you) here.

If you had read that thread, the ATS'ers were welcome to have me. After a month of posting there after my 'apology' I wanted to leave behind the ammateurs who were still arguing the "Pull It" quote and join some real thinkers. So technically I am still welcome to post there. Haven't been "forced " from anywhere.

If you want to continue the personal attacks go ahead, they're only harming you. Mr Dohrety.
OK I ADMIT IM PDOHERTY. i WILL BE LEAVING. THIS TRULY IS A WASTE OF TIME.

BEFORE I GO I MUST SAY 2 THINGS:

1) I WAS NOT STUNDIE. i ADMIT i HAVE BEEN THE OTHER SOCKS BUT I WAS NOT STUNDIE. PLEASE REINSTATE THE POOR BLOKE. IF YOU DO THAT FOR ME I WILL NEVER RETURN HERE

2) I AM GLAD I EXPOSED DOCTORFUNGI AT ATS HAHA
Old 21st December 2006, 06:41 PM   #27
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by ConspiRaider View Post
Excellent stuff, Gravy. And to think this guy is influencing young people to join him in making reckless accusations acceptable behavior.

Gravy: Avery's haste at slamming his own films on the Hardfire debate. Do you think the motive is fear of lawsuits?
I doubt it. They don't make direct accusations against individuals in the film, although they do in the "extras" on the DVD. I think Avery was trying to do two things:

1) Acknowledge and blunt my expected criticism. He knows that I know every single error in Loose Change, unlike other people he's debated.

2) Trying to appear responsible so that the "Final Cut" won't be laughed out of town before it appears.

Old 21st December 2006, 06:41 PM   #28
Quad4_72
AI-EE-YAH!

1) I WAS NOT STUNDIE. i ADMIT i HAVE BEEN THE OTHER SOCKS BUT I WAS NOT STUNDIE. PLEASE REINSTATE THE POOR BLOKE. IF YOU DO THAT FOR ME I WILL NEVER RETURN HERE

????
Quad4_72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:42 PM   #29
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

You sir, got played. Child.

Quote:
Exposed what?

I came here calling them stupid, you went like a 3 year old and "told on" me. I apologized and the deal was over. If anything that whole incident helped my repuation over there when my apology was taken so well.

Time to grow up.

Old 21st December 2006, 06:42 PM   #30
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

And you didn't realize you were wasting your time 5 sock puppets ago? You'll be back, I'm sure.
Old 21st December 2006, 06:43 PM   #31
Oliver
~The Rascal~

Comedy gold! Dammit - where´s my quotemining list of him?

Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:43 PM   #32
Crungy
Critical Thinker

So walks away the planet's most immature 30 year old......

Who's the wackiest 30-31 year old nutter?

Killtown
PDoh
JDX
Lytetrip
Crungy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:45 PM   #33
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

I'm glad I exposed you as pdoherty.

Old 21st December 2006, 06:51 PM   #34
apathoid
Government Loyalist

Originally Posted by Crungy View Post
So walks away the planet's most immature 30 year old......

Who's the wackiest 30-31 year old nutter?

Killtown
PDoh
JDX
Lytetrip
Killtown's 30???
Old 21st December 2006, 06:56 PM   #35
boloboffin

[rule8] it!

boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:57 PM   #36
DavidJames
Philosopher

When my kids were little and were embarrassed at something they did, they often yelled and began crying as they went away to sulk. That was 15 years ago. It's comforting to know things haven't changed.
Beaver Hateman: Is your argument that human life loses value proportionate to the number of humans available? Malcolm Kirkpatrick: That's part of the argument. Value is determined by supply and demand.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2006, 06:58 PM   #37
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by apathoid View Post
Killtown's 30???
Don't be so shocked. How old is Kevin Barrett?

Old 21st December 2006, 07:05 PM   #38
apathoid
Government Loyalist

Don't be so shocked. How old is Kevin Barrett?
True. I'd still bet good money that he lives with his folks....(probably in the basement).
Old 21st December 2006, 07:07 PM   #39
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

True Gravy, True.

So he still hasn't removed his statement?

Old 21st December 2006, 07:13 PM   #40
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

True Gravy, True.

So he still hasn't removed his statement?
No, he hasn't changed a thing.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories