IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags wtc , 911 conspiracy theory

Reply
Old 30th December 2006, 09:54 PM   #1
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 40,326
The 9/11 Truther Credo

The 9/11 Truther Credo.

a.k.a.: The 9/11 TWOOfer Credo

(Inspired by (and text in blue shamelessly stolen from) The Woo-Woo Credo.)



Google “9/11 truth”. Think, “Wooooo”. Keep clicking on googlebombed links. Think, “Woo” some more. Refer to your googling as “real research”. Keep thinking, “Woo”.


Connect the dots. Read about “holes in the official story”. Make leaps to conclusions between one “hole” and another. Those dots just don’t connect themselves, you know.


Never look for the simplest, most obvious cause of something. Refrain from mentioning Occam's Razor (it's your nemesis). Instead, use Smacco’s Razor. “It couldn’t have been 19 hijackers – it must have been one big, corrupt gubmint/media.”


Fight strawmen valiantly. Repeatedly state that 9/11 was not caused by “Arabs in caves”, and that burning jet fuel alone did not bring down the buildings. Accuse your opponents of being George Bush-lovers, and dismiss their evidence accordingly.


Misuse technical terms as often as possible. The terms “squib” and “pyroclastic flow” are your friends.


Use one myth to support another myth.
“They were going to create a false-flag operation (Northwoods) in the Sixties therefore 9/11 was an inside job”.
“Oswald didn’t kill Kennedy therefore 9/11 was an inside job”.
“9/11 was an inside job therefore anyone who disagrees with me is a disinformation agent”.


Smoke weed copiously. You can never have enough paranoia and crazy thoughts.


Embrace paranoia. When someone uses facts to prove one of your claims wrong, call them a “disinformation agent”, “shill”, or say that they are “spinning”.


Always claim that the other guy is "closed-minded" and that you're as free-thinking as a newborn baby. Other woo-woos love the concept of "open-mindedness" and will take you into their inner circle without question. They have no tolerance for those "mean old nasty" types who demand evidence for everything.


You must believe that the word "anomaly" means proof of sinister gubmint activity.


Use the word "anomaly" as often as possible. If you can’t spell it, say ‘holes in the official story’.


Pontificate, use diatribe and rhetoric. Call your opponents, “sheeple” and urge them to “wake up”. They may have gone to sleep during your rants. They also need urging to “connect the dots” as you have.


Use Caps-Lock in the word “TRUTH” wherever possible, or at least capitalize the first letter of “Truth”. Better still, SHOUT TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS. Bystanders may be as easily swayed as you are, you hope.


Call the “official story” (the scientific, evidence-based, professional investigation and conclusion) the “official conspiracy theory” so that easily swayed people will, in one fell swoop, stop using logic, science and evidence to analyse the material.


Call yourself a “skeptic”, so that easily swayed people will, in one fell swoop, think you are using logic, science and evidence in your discussion.


Accuse your opponent of being a liar, or try some other tactic that will (hopefully) make him angry. If he responds in kind to your endless taunts, change the subject to his anger, and accuse him of name calling. If he accuses you of provoking him, then you have changed the subject of the debate. If he stays on topic, keep the heat up. The Believers in the audience will forgive the worst verbal attacks you use, but they will think even the mildest replies he makes to you are personal attacks that undermine his argument.


Change the subject. When discussing the WTC, quote the reports of loud explosions and Steven Jones’ theory of therm*te, and then when someone points out those quotes are incompatible, refer to or post a long cut’n’pasted article from rense.com about Bush needing to be impeached.


Use incredulity.
Re: WTC7:
“I can’t believe that a WTC building not hit by a plane collapsed!”
So WTC1 & 2 collapsed?
“Er, no, they had to be demolished too.”


Ask questions. That makes it look as though you’ve done some thinking (or parroting).


Ignore answers. Keep asking the same questions. Think, “Wooooo”. It’s fun to say, “Wooooo”. 9/11 is all about fun, right? And feeling like you’re doing some “real research” and investigation. Because. They’re. Never. Going. To. Re-open. 9/11. Based. On. Your. “Investigation”.


Have inflated self-esteem. “All the structural engineers in the world are wrong, but I know the TRUTH”.


Derail. In discussion forums, when others are discussing a topic, introduce a 9/11 twoof-related question. When someone replies with a quick debunk, make a huge post uploading all your brain’s delusions, and expect everyone to debunk them succinctly yet in depth, and to not refer to physics, engineering, FEMA, NIST, etc, or 9/11 Myths, Popular Mechanics, Mark Roberts, Wikipedia, etc, etc. When they try, accuse them of being disinformation agents. If they don’t try, claim you’ve proven the “inside job”.
__________________
"We stigmatize and send to the margins
people who trigger in us the feelings we want to avoid"
- Melinda Gates, "The Moment of Lift".
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2006, 09:57 PM   #2
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17,396
... Never use the suggested quote-button - it´s a trap!
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2006, 09:58 PM   #3
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,795
I love it. Add in a bit about "Experts are useless" and we will have it complete.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2006, 09:59 PM   #4
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami
 
defaultdotxbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,474
and play Come Join Us by Bad Religion over and over and over and over and over again
__________________
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
defaultdotxbe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2006, 10:01 PM   #5
NickUK
Critical Thinker
 
NickUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 498
Learn these words!

"Obviously"

"Clearly"

"Common sense"

"Doesn't add up"
__________________
LUCUS @ LCF

"that is a popular misconception or LIE...not saying you are lying, just saying that is not true..."
NickUK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2006, 10:07 PM   #6
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
 
LashL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,959
Excellent, orphia nay!

Also, could add the usual tWOOfer mantra that they "don't need no stinkin' evidence" because all they need is "common sense" to totally debunk hundreds of real live experts in all of the relevant fields, because they personally just "know" more than all of those actual experts in physics, engineering, communications, aeronautics, mechanics, videography, photography, military operations, and all manner of numerous branches of science, technology, arts, humanities, law - you name it, they just "know" it.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2006, 10:29 PM   #7
Curnir
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,639
Originally Posted by NickUK View Post
Learn these words!

"Obviously"

"Clearly"

"Common sense"

"Doesn't add up"
and.

"stands to reason"

"some bloke at the pub told me"
Curnir is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2006, 10:33 PM   #8
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami
 
defaultdotxbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,474
Originally Posted by NickUK View Post
Learn these words!

"Obviously"

"Clearly"

"Common sense"

"Doesn't add up"
Originally Posted by Curnir View Post
and.

"stands to reason"

"some bloke at the pub told me"
its like truther mad libs
__________________
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
defaultdotxbe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2006, 01:56 AM   #9
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 40,326
Thanks, T.A.M. and LashL.

"Mad libs"... hehehe.

---

Claim that you are “obviously” and “clearly” using “common sense” and that “experts are useless”. Ignore the fact that experts in physics, engineering, communications, aeronautics, mechanics, videography, photography, military operations, and all manner of numerous branches of science, technology, arts, humanities, and law disagree with the twoofer version, and be adamant that “it stands to reason” that the official story “doesn’t add up”. Use common sense and be incredulous that WTC2 fell first, and don’t “add up” the fact that the plane’s impact site was 20 floors lower than WTC1’s.

(With acknowledgement to T.A.M., NickUK, LashL and Curnir.)
__________________
"We stigmatize and send to the margins
people who trigger in us the feelings we want to avoid"
- Melinda Gates, "The Moment of Lift".
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2006, 02:53 AM   #10
Blackadder_no
Rocket Scientist
 
Blackadder_no's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
Originally Posted by orphia nay View Post
and that you're as free-thinking as a newborn baby.
I.e. completely devoid of any form of knowledge about real life...
__________________
Truth? The word has become a bloody joke!
Blackadder_no is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2006, 04:13 AM   #11
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient
 
Firestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Belgium
Posts: 3,015
... Think outside the box !
__________________
The method of science is tried and true. It is not perfect, it's just the best we have. And to abandon it, with its skeptical protocols is the pathway to a dark age. -- Carl Sagan
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2006, 04:55 AM   #12
PerryLogan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 980
The news is controlled, unless you like the story.
Government officials are liars, unless you like what they say.
Use your own assumptions to prove your theory (i.e., you can ignore all government reports because the government did it).
FACT typed in caps means NOT EVEN REMOTELY TRUE.
Self-contradiction? OK!
When in doubt, smear.

Last edited by PerryLogan; 31st December 2006 at 05:15 AM.
PerryLogan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2006, 06:43 AM   #13
Architect
Chief Punkah Wallah
 
Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 9,757
Put as many people as you can on "ignore", esp. if they actually identify the many gaping flaws in your "evidence"
__________________
When the men elected to make laws are but a small part of a foreign parliament, that is when all healthy national feeling dies.

James Keir Hardie (1856 - 1915): Politician, Founder of Scottish Labour Party
Architect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2006, 07:33 AM   #14
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler
 
Horatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 29,537
Originally Posted by orphia nay View Post
Claim that you are “obviously” and “clearly” using “common sense” and that “experts are useless”. Ignore the fact that experts in physics, engineering, communications, aeronautics, mechanics, videography, photography, military operations, and all manner of numerous branches of science, technology, arts, humanities, and law disagree with the twoofer version, and be adamant that “it stands to reason” that the official story “doesn’t add up”. Use common sense and be incredulous that WTC2 fell first, and don’t “add up” the fact that the plane’s impact site was 20 floors lower than WTC1’s.
Don't forget the follow-up:

Once your "obvious" "common sense" has been shown to be insane gibberish, create a sock, and then make the exact same arguments, but this time claiming you can't use "common sense", you MUST use physics! Accuse anyone using "common sense" of being a small-minded idiot sheeple.

But be sure to never, ever, actually use any physics (or math! Blech!). Just make broad claims about "physics states this" and "physics dictates that".
__________________
Obviously, that means cats are indeed evil and that ownership or display of a feline is an overt declaration of one's affiliation with dark forces. - Cl1mh4224rd
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2006, 11:55 AM   #15
TjW
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11,097
NEVER engage people who respond politely and factually. Only engage those who are clearly irritated with having rebutted the same tripe over and over. Then complain that they have resorted to taunts and insults because they can't rebut your claims.
TjW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2006, 12:17 PM   #16
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami
 
defaultdotxbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,474
Originally Posted by TjW View Post
NEVER engage people who respond politely and factually. Only engage those who are clearly irritated with having rebutted the same tripe over and over. Then complain that they have resorted to taunts and insults because they can't rebut your claims.
as a corrollary to this, dont bother searching past threads and topics to see what issues have been discussed previously, your evidence is rock solid and anyone who sees it cant help but be convinced of an inside job, since the folks you are engaging dont believe in an inside job, they could not have seen the evidence you have
__________________
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
defaultdotxbe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2006, 12:23 PM   #17
NickUK
Critical Thinker
 
NickUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 498
Also, any professional qualifications you or your fellow conspiracists have can be misrepresented, bolstered or simply plucked from thin air during a debate.

Remember - the shills have the entire NWO apparatus on their side; you're allowed some leeway too.
__________________
LUCUS @ LCF

"that is a popular misconception or LIE...not saying you are lying, just saying that is not true..."
NickUK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2006, 07:00 PM   #18
Kage
Critical Thinker
 
Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 455
Never post on topic - when backed into a corner change the subject. This prevents any subject's being resolved and allows debunked material to be recycled.

Bring up previously debunked material. This cycle of the same material will prevent anyone from realizing that any one of the many theories lacks a cohesive narrative or makes sense globally.

Treat all information and sources as equal. Youtube, AFP, other conspiracy sites, are equal to the NYT, scientific reports, and expert opinion. Anyone who disagrees is calling your sources liars.

Never answer questions, your job is to ask the questions. This allows you to keep enough controll of the debate to prevent the house of cards from falling all around you. Ban anyone who asks too many questions from your forums.
Kage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2007, 11:04 PM   #19
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 40,326
Great additions!!!

I'm going to add most of those replies (there are a couple which are specific only to one or two individual CTists here) to the Credo, giving credit, and upload the whole thing to my blog (small and insignificant that it is), but I'm thinking I might see about getting some free web space for it. If you object, or have any further suggestions, do the post-ish thingy.
__________________
"We stigmatize and send to the margins
people who trigger in us the feelings we want to avoid"
- Melinda Gates, "The Moment of Lift".
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2007, 05:47 AM   #20
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!
 
JimBenArm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 13,092
Originally Posted by orphia nay View Post
Great additions!!!

I'm going to add most of those replies (there are a couple which are specific only to one or two individual CTists here) to the Credo, giving credit, and upload the whole thing to my blog (small and insignificant that it is), but I'm thinking I might see about getting some free web space for it. If you object, or have any further suggestions, do the post-ish thingy.
When it's up, post a link to it here. Love to see it.
__________________
"JimBenArm is right" Hokulele Mom
JimBenArm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2007, 06:49 AM   #21
Tirdun
Muse
 
Tirdun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 637
(deleted)
__________________
The rain has a such a lovely sound to those who're six feet underground
The leaves will bury every year and no one knows I'm gone -Tom Waits
May You Never Thirst, Slŕinte!

Last edited by Tirdun; 2nd January 2007 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Bah!
Tirdun is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2007, 04:03 PM   #22
PerryLogan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 980
"Embrace paranoia" would make a wonderful T-shirt.
PerryLogan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2007, 04:15 PM   #23
Kiwiwriter
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,108
Smile Orphia, great material!

I would just add these:

Always bring up USS Liberty as proof the US government kills its own people. When someone points out that the Israelis did it, say that was a "false flag" attack orchestrated by Lyndon Johnson.

Accuse firefighters, cops, EMS techs, and rescue workers as being part of the conspiracy, afraid to speak the truth for fear of their jobs and lives. When called out on this gross insult, say you're really on the side of the firefighters, cops, and EMS techs.

Offer no proof as to how the evil conspirators are able to hold thousands of cops, firefighters, and EMS techs in fear of their lives over not speaking the truth about the murder of their brothers in uniform.

Declare every piece of evidence against you as being a forgery or a fraud. But don't explain who does the forgery, and how it was done, with no slip-ups.

Insist that all official investigations are whitewashes, but don't explain how they should be done instead.

Argue that the Bush administration planned 9/11 perfectly, but ignore the fact that they hosed up the search for Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq beyond all measure.

Insist that there is no possibility of anything in the world happening as the result of chance, luck, weather, or other random elements. Everything that has ever been happened in human history is controlled by sinister forces, who have not left any kind of paper or human trail.

Sneer at all scientific evidence that opposes your theory, to cover your ignorance on the subject. Apply "common sense" when it's clear you have no knowledge of the subject.

Repeat ad nauseum.
Kiwiwriter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2007, 10:52 PM   #24
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 40,326
Thanks, Kiwiwriter. I love your contributions!!

Thanks, Perry, and JimBenArm. I'm still trying to find an ad-free web space I like, and haven't posted to my blog yet, but I'll let you know A.S.A.P.

I've thought of some more too:

Don’t investigate or talk to the organisations you accuse of conspiracy to murder. Post a picture of men in uniforms at the Pentagon or Shanksville and say they were “in on it” or “planting evidence” then walk away.

The few eyewitness reports which you have quotemined are worth much more than the thousands of eyewitness reports that don’t support your beliefs.

And I think I'll finish off with this one, unless it can be improved upon:

Obstinately insist that 9/11 was an inside job, but do not name any names, organisations or methodologies as to how it was carried out, then claim you pity the victims’ families but do not perceive either how you are reopening old wounds or how you wish to rip their world apart again based on a few dumb questions.
__________________
"We stigmatize and send to the margins
people who trigger in us the feelings we want to avoid"
- Melinda Gates, "The Moment of Lift".
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2007, 11:09 PM   #25
EvilBiker
Spectral Challenger
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,493
Anybody with a higher qualification than you is obviously a government shill.

When asked for your own credentials, obfuscate. Common sense rules!
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 01:14 AM   #26
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 40,326
Bumped for forumites who missed seeing this over the holiday season.

I haven't had time to find a site for it yet, so I'm still open to contributions.
__________________
"We stigmatize and send to the margins
people who trigger in us the feelings we want to avoid"
- Melinda Gates, "The Moment of Lift".
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 02:33 AM   #27
kimota
Scholar
 
kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 111
From Alex Jones himself about dealing with those that oppose the twoofer view:
Don't respond to them, never respond to them and stick with your talking points.
Try to discredit them first.
If you get into trouble, throw out "strawman" or "yellow journalism".
Before venturing out, inform the group that you will be polite and just talk. Warn that detractors will try to double-team you or engage in a shouting match, but don't fall for that. However, when it comes down to it, double-teaming and shouting down detractors is acceptable.

Pro twoofer message boards are indispensable. You can copiously congratulate each other for your latest YouTube discovery. You can also state that you went to JREF and "totally destroyed Gravy's arguments" when you mean you "totally put Gravy on ignore".
kimota is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 02:51 AM   #28
pagan
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 399
The anti truther credos are:

1. Bush is our friend
2. Bush is a nice guy.
3a. Bush always tells the truth.
3b. Bush may be lying about everything. But when it comes to 9-11 he is truthfull.
4. We don't care about scientific arguments. It is more important for us to be PC.
5. We don't like scepticism if inappropriate. Remember it got to be PC.

This was just a few for ya Bush lovers. Feel free to add some more. I may add a few more later.
pagan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 03:19 AM   #29
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17,396
Originally Posted by pagan View Post
The anti truther credos are:

1. Bush is our friend
2. Bush is a nice guy.
3a. Bush always tells the truth.
3b. Bush may be lying about everything. But when it comes to 9-11 he is truthfull.
4. We don't care about scientific arguments. It is more important for us to be PC.
5. We don't like scepticism if inappropriate. Remember it got to be PC.

This was just a few for ya Bush lovers. Feel free to add some more. I may add a few more later.
*LOL*

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ad.php?t=72276
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...isplay.php?f=6
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 03:54 AM   #30
Flo
Illuminator
 
Flo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Haute-Savoie, France
Posts: 3,128
Originally Posted by kimota View Post
From Alex Jones himself about dealing with those that oppose the twoofer view:
Don't respond to them, never respond to them and stick with your talking points.
Try to discredit them first.
If you get into trouble, throw out "strawman" or "yellow journalism".
Before venturing out, inform the group that you will be polite and just talk. Warn that detractors will try to double-team you or engage in a shouting match, but don't fall for that. However, when it comes down to it, double-teaming and shouting down detractors is acceptable.

Pro twoofer message boards are indispensable. You can copiously congratulate each other for your latest YouTube discovery. You can also state that you went to JREF and "totally destroyed Gravy's arguments" when you mean you "totally put Gravy on ignore".

Amateur ...

Quote:
Television interview technique (1): Go in with something to say and say it--irrespective of the question. You can always say "That's not the real question" and then ask the one you want to answer.
(2): If the interviewer says "A lot of people are worried..." say "What do you mean, a lot of people? Name six!" They can never think of more than two.
(3): If a question is tricky, attack one word in it "Frequently? What do you mean Frequently?"
(4): Attack the interviewer: "You obviously haven't read the White Paper".
(5): Ask a question back. "That's a very good question. Now let me ask you one".
(6): Say "There are ten points I'd like to make in reply." There is never time for ten points, so when they ask you to give just three, say that would be trivializing the issue. Anything that really interests the viewer can be dismissed as trivializing. (Sir Humphrey Appleby - Yes Prime Minister)
Flo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 04:28 AM   #31
volatile
Scholar and a Gentleman
 
volatile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,729
I don't know what happened! I'm just asking questions...
volatile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 04:30 AM   #32
PerryLogan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 980
When in doubt, use your bullhorn.

Always miss the point. If you always miss the point, they can't defeat you.

If you start to lose, call your opponent a neocon (ouch!).

When you're really whupped, declare a phony victory and quit. Report to Sock Puppet Central to receive new identity.

Last edited by PerryLogan; 12th January 2007 at 04:41 AM.
PerryLogan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 04:39 AM   #33
westprog
Philosopher
 
westprog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,928
Originally Posted by Curnir View Post
and.

"stands to reason"

"some bloke at the pub told me"
"I'm just asking questions"
westprog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 04:46 AM   #34
westprog
Philosopher
 
westprog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,928
Originally Posted by pagan View Post
The anti truther credos are:

1. Bush is our friend
2. Bush is a nice guy.
3a. Bush always tells the truth.
3b. Bush may be lying about everything. But when it comes to 9-11 he is truthfull.
4. We don't care about scientific arguments. It is more important for us to be PC.
5. We don't like scepticism if inappropriate. Remember it got to be PC.

This was just a few for ya Bush lovers. Feel free to add some more. I may add a few more later.
Some good new ones there.

"Bush told lies, so he is lying about 911"
"If you don't think the US government carried out the WTC attacks, you are defending Bush. Bush is evil. Therefore you are evil."

CT sillygisms.

There's also the 25k argument from patriotism.

"You think a few cavemen killed thousands of Americans with box cutters. So you are unpatriotic. I think it was the US government, armed forces, police, CIA and fire department. Which means I love my country very much."
westprog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 04:51 AM   #35
westprog
Philosopher
 
westprog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,928
Originally Posted by PerryLogan View Post
When in doubt, use your bullhorn.

Always miss the point. If you always miss the point, they can't defeat you.

If you start to lose, call your opponent a neocon (ouch!).

When you're really whupped, declare a phony victory and quit. Report to Sock Puppet Central to receive new identity.
Sieze on the irrelevant detail. This is important, but it has to be combined with getting all your own details hopelessly wrong - both relevant and irrelevant.

Sometimes this works well. If you can get debunkers discussing the long list of factual errors, they can be distracted from the totally invalid reasoning.
westprog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 04:53 AM   #36
westprog
Philosopher
 
westprog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,928
Originally Posted by mattlodder View Post
I don't know what happened! I'm just asking questions...
Sorry, duplicated that one. But it is most obvious.
westprog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 06:10 AM   #37
pagan
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 399
Originally Posted by westprog View Post
Some good new ones there.

"Bush told lies, so he is lying about 911"
"If you don't think the US government carried out the WTC attacks, you are defending Bush. Bush is evil. Therefore you are evil."

CT sillygisms.

There's also the 25k argument from patriotism.

"You think a few cavemen killed thousands of Americans with box cutters. So you are unpatriotic. I think it was the US government, armed forces, police, CIA and fire department. Which means I love my country very much."

The 9-11 issue is very much tied to the Iraq war and the "war on terrorism". In these events Bush has told only lies. WMD etc etc.
These events were the direct result of 9-11.

So yes, Bush has told so many lies so why trust him (his adm) on the 9-11 issue? You have to be very (extremly) naive to belive the Bush adm regarding 9-11 when it was the catalyst for these clearly desired events.

Syllygisms? Let's see? So Bush is not evil? Hasn't it been proved that 9-11 had nothing whatsoever to do with Saddam? Bush himself have admitted that. Saddam had no WMD's. The reasons for going to war were false.

So, yes if you still believe in Bush and support him. You either have to be real fokkin stupid or plain evil.


Well , we have two competing conspiracy theories here our option that elements within the Bushadm did it or 19 muslim cokeheads directed from a cave in Afghanistan by a kidney patient.

Our version is much more belieable IMO. Who ordered the standdown of NORAD? The kidney patient or Cheney?
pagan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 06:13 AM   #38
maccy
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,094
Originally Posted by pagan View Post
The 9-11 issue is very much tied to the Iraq war and the "war on terrorism". In these events Bush has told only lies. WMD etc etc.
These events were the direct result of 9-11.

So yes, Bush has told so many lies so why trust him (his adm) on the 9-11 issue? You have to be very (extremly) naive to belive the Bush adm regarding 9-11 when it was the catalyst for these clearly desired events.

Syllygisms? Let's see? So Bush is not evil? Hasn't it been proved that 9-11 had nothing whatsoever to do with Saddam? Bush himself have admitted that. Saddam had no WMD's. The reasons for going to war were false.

So, yes if you still believe in Bush and support him. You either have to be real fokkin stupid or plain evil.


Well , we have two competing conspiracy theories here our option that elements within the Bushadm did it or 19 muslim cokeheads directed from a cave in Afghanistan by a kidney patient.

Our version is much more belieable IMO. Who ordered the standdown of NORAD? The kidney patient or Cheney?
There was no NORAD standown.

There is evidence that Bush was dishonest about WMDs.

There is no evidence that 9/11 was an inside job.

That's the difference: evidence - not anybody's opinion of Bush, that's irrelevant.
maccy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 06:13 AM   #39
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17,396
Originally Posted by pagan View Post
The 9-11 issue is very much tied to the Iraq war and the "war on terrorism". In these events Bush has told only lies. WMD etc etc.
These events were the direct result of 9-11.

So yes, Bush has told so many lies so why trust him (his adm) on the 9-11 issue? You have to be very (extremly) naive to belive the Bush adm regarding 9-11 when it was the catalyst for these clearly desired events.

Syllygisms? Let's see? So Bush is not evil? Hasn't it been proved that 9-11 had nothing whatsoever to do with Saddam? Bush himself have admitted that. Saddam had no WMD's. The reasons for going to war were false.

So, yes if you still believe in Bush and support him. You either have to be real fokkin stupid or plain evil.


Well , we have two competing conspiracy theories here our option that elements within the Bushadm did it or 19 muslim cokeheads directed from a cave in Afghanistan by a kidney patient.

Our version is much more belieable IMO. Who ordered the standdown of NORAD? The kidney patient or Cheney?
Boy, you need to go to the politics
subforum and you will see that nobody
praises Bush in here.


http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ad.php?t=72276
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...isplay.php?f=6

So please, stop whining...
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2007, 06:28 AM   #40
volatile
Scholar and a Gentleman
 
volatile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,729
Pagan! I'm British. So is Maccy.

I'm also involved in left-wing activism, and am a carrot-munching vegan hippie doing a liberal arts doctorate with a proto-Marxist supervisor. I'm rabidly anti-war, anti-guns, pro-choice, anti-religious (and atheist). I'm very concerned about the Patriot Act, and laws modelled on it in my country. I have written to my MP on these issues. I believe in non-heirachical, local politics. I'm tattooed from shin to wrist and back again. Basically, I'm about as far from a GOP supporter as it might be possible to get.

Accepting that Arabic terrorism caused 9-11 does not mean accepting that there was no subsequent manipulation of the situation for political ends. You can be very anti-Bush without having to resort to decrying the laws of physics!

As I've stated before in these forums, all this talk of imaginary explosives and pretend conspiracies and NWOs and Illuminati and Satanic Death Cults are actually a distraction from the really bad stuff your (and my) government are up to! You're not helping the cause, you're very much hindering it. And it's very, very frustrating.

You come across as quite young. A teenager, or just slightly older. You'll learn about the world in time, son, and you'll realise that grey is much more interesting, and plausible, to black and white. Left-wing politics is not about claiming the Bush and the GOP are the Devil, and the sooner you realise this, the better!

Last edited by volatile; 12th January 2007 at 06:31 AM.
volatile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:58 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.