ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory , jon gold

Old 13th January 2007, 05:39 PM   #1
pomeroo
Banned

Anatomy of a Banning

What follows is another fatuous debate with Jon Gold, the sort we've been subjected to on Smasher's blog far too often. Reading these exchanges is not likely to add to your fund of knowledge, and I don't really encourage going spelunking in the minds of fantasists, but--the inevitable "but." For those of you over-endowed with morbid curiosity, there are a few items of interest. First, what to make of Gold's bizarre tic of attaching Bush's quote to every one of his posts? Is there supposed to be a smoking gun buried here somewhere? Isn't Bush, uh, right in saying that we have an opportunity!?

And what about Gold's bizarre, self-ballyhooed effort to raise money for first responders? Who does he imagine would be taken in by such transparent disingenuousness?

There's more. If you want to hear an anonymous poster complain about Jenny's racism, go to:

http://www.911blogger.com/node/5532?page=3

» reply | -8 points
Clarification

[below viewing threshold, show/hide comment]
Sorry for the confusion: I am anti-EVERYTHING the fantasy movement stands for.
Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 10:57am.

» reply | 3 points
It's called...

The 9/11 Truth Movement. I'm sorry that someone with your limited intelligence can't remember that.
"We've been offered a unique opportunity and we must not let this moment pass."
— George W. Bush - State Of The Union Address - January 29th, 2002
Submitted by Jon Gold on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 11:00am.
» edit | reply | -8 points

Name Change

Nah, too Orwellian. A movement consisting entirely of fantasists peddling blatant lies has nothing to do with truth.
Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Fri, 01/12/2007

» reply | -10 points
Real Questions

Jon, bear in mind that you don't believe a word of the tinfoil-hat idiocy. You are a hardcore leftist who hopes to harness the energies of the woowoos to further your political agenda. You don't have a single serious question about the jihadist attacks of 9/11/01 that hasn't been answered many times. I have certainly never heard you ask anything that suggests genuine interest in the subject.
You never resolved the Osama conundrum for me. Is he real? If he is, why doesn't he complain about the words his identical double puts in his mouth? If he doesn't exist, why didn't the Bush crime family, faced with a disastrous election defeat last fall, simply announce that they had finally managed to kill him? It was, we must agree, positively their last chance to play the Osama card. Maybe the Impossibly Vast Conspiracy did everything to benefit Hillary. Would you care to try running with that?
I won't ask you again to explain why the evildoers forgot to include any Iraqis or Afghanis among their imaginary terrorists. When conspiracy liars try to tackle that little poser the results are painful to watch.
C'mon, this is easy stuff, no?
Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 10:51am.

» reply | 7 points
Thanks...

No real logic is being used on your part. It's obvious to anyone that reads this blog. It's also obvious that you are agenda driven. It's also obvious that because of your obvious stupidity, that agenda will never be fulfilled.
"Real Questions..." You are funny Ronny. In a pitiful, moronic, scared kinda way.
Submitted by Jon Gold on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 10:58am.

No Promises

Jon, I appreciate your generosity in allowing me to probe the people here on their beliefs. It is rather pointless for you to engage me in another round of our ritual sparring. We can both predict the outcome.
There wasn't one chance in a million that you would go near my questions. I know--you know--the rest of your audience won't notice a thing. Be thankful that your supporters are obtuse.
If I can sell my producer on more 9/11 conspiracy shows, maybe I can work you in.
Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 11:18am.

» reply | 5 points
Wait Ronny...

I believe I asked, "Why is that acceptable to you?"
You ignored my question. Why should I answer yours?
Submitted by Jon Gold on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 11:21am.
» reply | 5 points

I'll ask again...

Why is it acceptable to you that the 9/11 Commission only answered 30% of the well researched questions put forward by the 9/11 Family Steering Committee?
As far as me appearing on your show, I have no desire. However, Michael Wolsey thinks he's ready to have a debate on his show. Hopefully I'll see you there.
Submitted by Jon Gold on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 11:24am.

» reply | -2 points
When?

Didn't I agree to debate on Wolsey's show several months ago? What happened?
Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 11:47am.

» reply | 1 point
He'll let you know.

Submitted by Jon Gold on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 11:49am.

Serious Intent

My questions were real questions designed to reveal the hopeless internal contradictions of the fantasist (notice thst I did not say "your") position. Your question is rhetorical. If the 9/11 Commission deliberately ignored important questions that merited careful consideration, that state of affairs is acceptable to no person of good will. The onus is on you to present the questions that were ignored and explain why they are important. The Commission never dreamed that it could supply answers to every conceivable question. Such expectations are wildly unrealistic. I maintain that you have no serious questions that haven't been answered many times.
Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 11:39am.

» reply | 5 points
Ok...

I'm glad we agree that it's unacceptable the 9/11 Commission answered only 30% of the well researched questions put forward by the 9/11 Family Steering Committee.
Here are the well researched questions that were ignored.
They are "important" solely for the reason they were submitted by the 9/11 Family Steering Committee. There are several other reasons why answering well researched questions submitted by those most affected by the tragedy is "important". Closure being one of them.
So, now that we know you think it's unacceptable they refused to answer their questions, I have a new question for you.
Why do you lie about, insult, and actively oppose the one group of people fighting to have those well researched questions answered?
Submitted by Jon Gold on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 11:48am.

Funny is Good; Boring is Not

So, after much posturing, you present, predictably, trivial questions that have been answered many, many times. Ah, Jon, when will I learn?
Accept the plaudits of the simpletons and be grateful.
Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 12:44pm.

You keep saying that...

The questions have been answered, yet, I'm still here fighting for those unanswered questions.
You make no sense.
Submitted by Jon Gold on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 12:45pm.

» reply | 3 points
You said...

It is rather pointless for you to engage me in another round of our ritual sparring. We can both predict the outcome.
You're right. The outcome is that I always make you look like the fool that you are.
You call us "9/11 Deniers." Nothing I have seen has ever called for the phrase, "The Pot Calling The Kettle Black", more than that.
Submitted by Jon Gold on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 7:18pm.

Revisionist History

No, Jon I must remind you that our past history shows something entirely different: You start out by saying something disingenuous, silly, or just flat-out wrong and then I expose you and then you run away. Unfortunately for you, the record of your "triumphs" remains available on Smasher's blog.
I don't call your brain-dead followers "9/11 deniers." I call them "9/11 Fantasists," and when I'm looking for precision, I call them "conspiracy liars."
Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Sat, 01/13/2007 - 4:09pm.

You say...

I run away, yet... This site was started in April 2005, and I have been a member since day one. I haven't "run" anywhere. Another lie from Ronny.
What I consider to be "triumphs" are things like getting on the front page of a local newspaper two Sunday's in a row. What I consider to be "triumphs" is collecting $940 so far for first responders. What I consider to be "triumphs" is writing a good article.
Making you look like a fool I consider fun.
Submitted by Jon Gold on Sat, 01/13/2007 - 4:27pm.

So You're Willing to Accompany Me?

Quit while you're far behind, Jon.
How did you like my proposal that you accompany me to a firehouse to solicit opinions on the painting you showcased here? When can you make it? My schedule is pretty flexible. How about it, Jon? Give the first responders an opportunity to express their gratitude for offering them chump change in return for slandering them.
Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Sat, 01/13/2007 - 6:48pm.

»
Absolute Truth & Absolute Accountability

Is what I'm fighting for. Whatever your opinion is of my fight, I know it is the creation of a delusional, warped mind, and it means absolutely nothing to me.
Submitted by Jon Gold on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 9:42pm.

Transparent Act

No, Jon, your act is highly unconvincing. You are fighting for something far different than truth.
Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 9:39pm.

Reminder

Jon, your agenda has absolutely NOTHING to do with truth. In five years of screaming, the fantasy movement has produced bogus science, distorted quotes, and outright lies--and not a shred of actual evidence.
Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Sat, 01/13/2007 - 4:22pm.

Try Honesty

No, you are being dishonest again. Nobody has ever produced an example of a "lie" I've told and nobody ever will. Your struggle is the struggle of all wrong-headed leftists who bitterly resent the destruction of the anti-capitalist vision. America must be weakened and you will align yourself with people who would instantly kill you and others like you in order to further that goal. The questions you feign interest in have been answered comprehensively. Granted, those answers are inconvenient to your politics, but you can't accept them without dooming your pernicious mission.
Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 8:25pm.

» reply | 3 points
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Nobody has ever produced an example of a "lie" I've told and nobody ever will.
And then...
The questions you feign interest in have been answered comprehensively.
Too funny Ronny.
Submitted by Jon Gold on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 9:50pm.

Sorry, Jon, You've Been Caught Again

Yes, we understand that you've trapped yourself as usual.
Now, to repeat:
Nobody has ever produced an example of a "lie" I've told and nobody ever will.
The questions you feign interest in have been answered comprehensively.
Irrefutable, Jon.
Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Sat, 01/13/2007 -

Every word...

Is a lie. You should be banned because your only purpose here is to lie.
Here's a question. Why can't I know what Sibel Edmonds knows?
Submitted by Jon Gold on Sat, 01/13/2007 - 4:29pm.

Batting Practice

Why can't you know what the average six-year old knows? Answer: you're not very bright.
We're still waiting for an example of a "lie" I've told. This game is an old one for me, Jon. I chop ignoramuses to pieces; they babble more nonsense; I crush them again; they accuse me of lying. Yawn. Somehow, I never get to see their evidence.
For reasons that defy explanation, you continue to quote Bush making an important point. Yes, we were caught napping by the jihadists and were given, in a painful manner, an opportunity to make up for our past failures. If you get your way, that opportunity will be lost, America will be thwarted and the threat of radical Islam will grow. The opportunity to change the dynamics of the Middle East, to introduce hope and prosperity where there has been only despair, must be opposed by you because it benefits America. That it benefits millions of people living benighted lives is irrelevant to your transparent agenda. People, very simply, are not things you care about.
This free speech business isn't working out very well, is it, Jon? You're much more comfortable with the Stalinist approach. It's time to lower the boom.
Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Sat, 01/13/2007 - 6:59pm.
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2007, 06:46 PM   #2
pomeroo
Banned

Angry Infuriating Fools

I'm still pissed off at the sheer brainless arrogance and insensitivity of the loons. An anonymous poster complains about the racist stereotype featured in Jenny's unfunny parody. She is immediately attacked for not wanting to provide a real name to a forum of nuts. It is suggested that she isn't REALLY black, that people make such claims all the time in order to disrupt the orderly thought processes of the tinfoil-hat brigade.

These are the people who claim a moral right to slander American politicians for imaginary crimes. Damn! I mean, DAMN!!

Permit Me a Suggestion

Anonymous, you will encounter many racists and anti-Semites among the irrational and hopelessly deluded folk who comprise the 9/11 Fantasy movement. You strike me as an intelligent, articulate person with an interest in learning about contemporary issues. You won't learn anything by engaging in discussions with ideologized ignoramuses. Visit JREF (the James Randi Educational Foundation) for highly-informed discussions with engineers and real scientists and check out 911myths.com and debunking911.com for solid, well-researched information on issues relating to the jihadist attacks of 9/11/01/

Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Sat, 01/13/2007 - 4:19pm.

» reply | 1 point
A much better effort.

A much better effort. Ronnie.
"Permit Me a Suggestion" expresses your ambivilence towards 911Truth and your yearning for that perfect place, that idealized intellectual Camelot--that we can never find, but always strive for--that is the cause of so much disappointment in this less than perfect world.
Excellent work, Ronnie!
Hugs and kisses!

Submitted by Col. Jenny Sparks on Sat, 01/13/2007 - 4:41pm.

» edit | reply | -1 points

No Ambivalence Here

Another suggestion would be to invest in a dictionary.
I am in no way ambivalent about the Fantasy movement. It is ignorant and intolerant. Based purely on an irrational hatred of America and its government, it turns a blind eye to real evil and adopts a lynch-mob mentality toward its manufactured villains. The Fantasy movement may be summed up as stupid people promoting vile ideas.
Yes, you have stumbled across a great truth. The absence of intellectual integrity and contempt for critical thinking skills that I am constantly exposed to are, for me, sources of profound disappointment. I grow very pessimistic about the future of humankind when I reflect that barbarians who worship an Arab tribal god are arming themselves with Western technology to murder civilians in a mad effort to establish a worldwide caliphate that most of us don't want. When I encounter the total unreason on display here, I sense the futility of attempting to improve society by advancing rational arguments for sound policies. You have your comic book villains and you don't care that you're slandering people who have committed no crimes.
The racism you exhibited in your crude parody is the tip of the iceberg. You want to hang people and you can't be bothered with relics of the Enlightenment such as standards of proof and evidence of guilt. You are a screaming mob and you mean to do harm to anyone who upholds reason and sanity.

Submitted by Ronald Wieck on Sat, 01/13/2007 - 7:15pm.
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2007, 06:51 PM   #3
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

You seem to be "in love" with Jon Gold, Ron. I hear this name
from time to time, so just out of curiosity - who is this guy and
has he a website or what´s his part in the Twoofgroovement™?
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2007, 06:56 PM   #4
pomeroo
Banned

Know the Enemy

Oliver, he runs 911blogger.com. He is notorious for showing up on The Conspiracy Smasher blog, spouting nonsense, getting reamed, and vanishing in a sulfurous cloud.
Old 13th January 2007, 07:00 PM   #5
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pomeroo View Post
Oliver, he runs 911blogger.com. He is notorious for showing up on The Conspiracy Smasher blog, spouting nonsense, getting reamed, and vanishing in a sulfurous cloud.
Sounds like Pdoherty. I didn´t know that he´s the
guy behind 911blogger. Is he the guy who adds these
funny +/- points to every comment?
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2007, 07:14 PM   #6
pomeroo
Banned

Gold is Gold

Pdoherty has apparently undergone a radical transformation. He claims that he now rejects all the twoofer madness. Maybe I'm being naive, but I'll take his word for it. I always had the impression that he was hanging around rationalist blogs hoping to be persuaded.

Last edited by pomeroo; 13th January 2007 at 07:15 PM. Reason: correction of typo
Old 13th January 2007, 07:15 PM   #7
pagan
Critical Thinker

For those of you over-endowed with morbid curiosity, there are a few items of interest. .

Could not have put it better myself. This is exactly what this thread is an exellent exemple of.

You anti-twoofers seem to dedicate an awfull lot of time on us "loonies". I don't understand why?

That we truthers spent a lot of time on this issue is not very strange. We want to find the truth and punish those responsible for the crime on 9-11.
That is heroic, indeed.

While, you guys are going after a bunch of delusional "tinfoil hatters"

I don't find it to be a very worthy pursuit.

Surely, you can find something better to do?

Last edited by pagan; 13th January 2007 at 07:20 PM. Reason: typos
pagan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2007, 07:16 PM   #8
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Pdoherty has apparently undergone a radical transformation. He claims that he now rejects all the twoofer madness. Maybe I'm being naive, but I'll take his word for it. I always had the impression that he was hanging around raionalist blogs hoping to be persuaded.
You may have missed it but another sock of Pdoherty was
revealed and banned yesterday: (acting as Twoofer™)

rebel has been banned
Old 13th January 2007, 07:17 PM   #9
Lisa Simpson

Pdoherty has apparently undergone a radical transformation. He claims that he now rejects all the twoofer madness. Maybe I'm being naive, but I'll take his word for it. I always had the impression that he was hanging around rationalist blogs hoping to be persuaded.
Pdoh just got banned again from here for yet another sock puppet. His claims of rejection of the twoofer madness are baloney.
Lisa Simpson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2007, 07:19 PM   #10
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lisa Simpson View Post
Pdoh just got banned again from here for yet another sock puppet. His claims of rejection of the twoofer madness are baloney.
Hah! Hah! ... I was faster.
Let´s blame Lisa.
Old 13th January 2007, 07:21 PM   #11
boloboffin

No better way of getting back in the good graces of the LC crowd.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2007, 07:36 PM   #12
tmskeptic
New Blood

Jon Gold and 911Blogger

I have read this fella, Gold's, nonsense and congratulate Ronald for cornering him. One correction, though. I don't think he runs 911Blogger.com, but is a regular there. Gold has his own site.

I noticed one thing that pervades his posts and saw others make the same comment. Jon Gold never backs up anything he claims and seems particularly evasive about providing any evidence to back him up.

I read the one thread a few weeks back where Gravy engaged him and Gold got very nervous and ran away from Gravy.
tmskeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2007, 07:37 PM   #13
pomeroo
Banned

Introduction

Ah, Lisa Simpson, at last we meet. I 've been arguing with an obnoxious loon over at 911blogger, Col. Jenny Sparks. She claims that she is unable to post here and I keep telling her that she is either incredibly inept or a liar.
The method to her madness has gradually revealed itself. Apparently, you and I are in cahoots to shield the poor dimwits here from her coruscating wit. When I point out that her alleged difficulties in registering are very probably the result of submitting an invaild e-mail address, she assures me that I must be wrong. After much pointless wrangling, I asked her to post an e-mail from you addressing her problem. She hasn't responded yet, but I'll venture a prediction. It will turn out that YOU are LYING and she is being PREVENTED from posting here. If you sent her an engraved invitation, she would claim that she is still being blocked.

Last edited by pomeroo; 13th January 2007 at 07:45 PM. Reason: correction of typo
Old 13th January 2007, 08:18 PM   #14
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

I just read Perry´s summing of Alex Jones version of 9/11:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...8&postcount=29

Ronald, is there any chance to get him on Hardfire?
Old 13th January 2007, 08:26 PM   #15
pomeroo
Banned

Celebrity Status

Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
I just read Perry´s summing of Alex Jones version of 9/11:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...8&postcount=29

Ronald, is there any chance to get him on Hardfire?

I'll ask, but I suspect that he regards himself as too much of a celebrity for our tiny show.
Old 13th January 2007, 08:38 PM   #16
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

I'll ask, but I suspect that he regards himself as too much of a celebrity for our tiny show.
Oh, it´s no tiny show within the Truthmovement anymore since
the Gravy/LTW debate. But i guess AJ will tell you something like
this excuse because it would be bad for his fairytale business to
get smashed.
Old 13th January 2007, 08:50 PM   #17
pomeroo
Banned

Sigh of Relief

Update:

At long last, I am BANNED from 911blogger.com! If anyone had told me a month ago that I would last this long, I would have bet heavily against it.

My purpose was to hear the conspiracy liars try to justify their position. I have accumulated on my crazy, self-appointed mission an enormous amount of material, all of it showing that the reality of the fantasy movement is worse than a rationalist's parody.

Gold displayed an instinct for self-preservation when he took my advice:

"This free speech business isn't working out very well, is it, Jon? You're much more comfortable with the Stalinist approach. It's time to lower the boom."

I wonder when the next wave of the Twoofer invasion is scheduled to commence. You'd think they would want to recover some of the bodies on the beach.
Old 13th January 2007, 09:01 PM   #18
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pagan View Post
Could not have put it better myself. This is exactly what this thread is an exellent exemple of.

You anti-twoofers seem to dedicate an awfull lot of time on us "loonies". I don't understand why?

That we truthers spent a lot of time on this issue is not very strange. We want to find the truth and punish those responsible for the crime on 9-11.
That is heroic, indeed.

Pagan:

You seem calm, articulate, and well...very much the opposite of most of your truther ilk.

I am sure you have seen it explained before, but given the civility you have exhibited, I will tell you the reason why I, and alot of those here do this...

In a pre-internet era, most of your kind would have been laughed at, and segregated into a little corner of obscurity for your outlandish factless, baseless claims.

Today, however, you have at your fingertips the Consipracy Theorists Solid Gold Pulpet....The Internet. Now all the Extremist, Paranoid, Delusional Wing Nuts (I am not lncluding you personally in this catagory) can spue their nonsense to an unsuspecting, gullable, impressionable audience, with few if any rules to keep them civil or honest.

As a result, I feel it is my personal duty, as a believer in honest and fact based science, to reveal the charletons for what they are. So I, and many here like me, come here and discuss, argue, debate, what have you on all the issues of 9/11 so that those who stumble upon the nonsense that is the "truth" movement, will also stumble upon those who look at the attacks from a logical, scientific, fact based approach. In doing this, I have peace of mind that regardless of how much bullcrap is spued by the "twoofers", there will be at least one place, one forum, where they can come and have an intelligent conversation about the facts and the evidence of 9/11.

You may disagree with alot of what I have said, god bless freedom of speech for this, but it is what it is.

TAM

Last edited by T.A.M.; 13th January 2007 at 09:04 PM.
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2007, 09:19 PM   #19
A W Smith
Philosopher

Update:

At long last, I am BANNED from 911blogger.com! If anyone had told me a month ago that I would last this long, I would have bet heavily against it.

My purpose was to hear the conspiracy liars try to justify their position. I have accumulated on my crazy, self-appointed mission an enormous amount of material, all of it showing that the reality of the fantasy movement is worse than a rationalist's parody.

Gold displayed an instinct for self-preservation when he took my advice:

"This free speech business isn't working out very well, is it, Jon? You're much more comfortable with the Stalinist approach. It's time to lower the boom."

I wonder when the next wave of the Twofer invasion is scheduled to commence. You'd think they would want to recover some of the bodies on the beach.
All those negative post votes are what got you banned.

Quote:
Update (12/08/2006): As of 11/10/2006 comment moderation is no longer in the hands of team members of this site, but rather in the hands of the community. Users should use the vote up/down widget to vote down comments which go against the basic guidelines listed above. Users who maintain an extreme case of continued low rated comments may have their commenting abilities removed
So it took a LOT of effort on the twoofers part. Might as well continue to post anon and just add your name to the bottom of each post. They cant get rid of you then.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2007, 09:36 PM   #20
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Congratulations, Pomeroo!

Brothers and Sisters, we are once again gathered here to
bestow upon a fellow forumite, our highest distinction,

the blue badge of Honor and Courage!

A fellow skeptic, Pomeroo, has fought the good fight,
and
yet has been banned by the quote-miners,
google-
searchers, and YouTube-vigilantes.

I say, “Yes” unto him!

Having placed his very sanity at risk,… venturing into the
caves of ig-no-rance and ob-fu-sca-tion… to the land, I
say
to you, where fertilizer hangs from the trees like
Spanish
moss... to that cistern of non-sequiturs... the land where
no math
is known…. Yes! I am speaking of that vile
sanctum of brain
dead barely post pubescent
white boys..... 911 Blogger.com.

Yet, our valiant Pomeroo has returned, perhaps
minus a few brain cells, but nevertheless back to
the
bosom of logic and rational thinking.

For this, we bestow upon you the highest honor at
JREF/CT - The Blue Badge of Honor and Courage.

Wear it proudly, my son.

Old 13th January 2007, 09:42 PM   #21
pagan
Critical Thinker

Will you give me the same honour Oliver?

When I am banned from this forum.

Last edited by pagan; 13th January 2007 at 09:45 PM. Reason: typo
pagan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2007, 09:48 PM   #22
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Well, only if you speak the truth and you weren't banned for
being rude. It's a honorably award for polite people - who, by
the way, never get banned here.
Old 13th January 2007, 09:55 PM   #23
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Pagan; I doubt it is something you will have to worry about. For starters, even obvious abuses of your TOS agreement you agreed to when you signed up (ie obeying the forum rules) usually only initially result in a suspension. In almost all cases of banning from here I have seen, which have been very few, it has usually been done because (1) said user was found to be a sock puppet, or (2) said user were abusive to the moderators/admins after a suspension had been issued them, or (3) obvious, flagrent verbal abuse continuing after said abuser had been warned multiple times (also usually just a suspension, but possibly a banning).

Your opinion alone, barring it does not fall into 1-2 listed above, will almost certainly never get you banned.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2007, 09:57 PM   #24
Arus808
Philosopher

pagan, the only way you'll get banned is spamming, abuse of others, threaten legal action against the forum/owners/members, or you put this site at risk for legal action.

otherwise, you can spout/debate/post what you like here, as long as its to the topic at hand...and you can use the other sections of this forum to discuss their topics as well.

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2007, 10:34 PM   #25
pomeroo
Banned

Originally Posted by Oliver View Post

Congratulations, Pomeroo!
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...9b1f553cfd.gif
Brothers and Sisters, we are once again gathered here to
bestow upon a fellow forumite, our highest distinction,
the blue badge of Honor and Courage!

A fellow skeptic, Pomeroo, has fought the good fight,
and yet has been banned by the quote-miners,
google-searchers, and YouTube-vigilantes.

I say, “Yes” unto him!

Having placed his very sanity at risk,… venturing into the
caves of ig-no-rance and ob-fu-sca-tion… to the land, I say
to you, where fertilizer hangs from the trees like Spanish
moss... to that cistern of non-sequiturs... the land where
no math is known…. Yes! I am speaking of that vile
sanctum of braindead barely post pubescent
white boys..... 911 Blogger.com.

Yet, our valiant Pomeroo has returned, perhaps
minus a few brain cells, but nevertheless back to
the bosom of logic and rational thinking.

For this, we bestow upon you the highest honor at
JREF/CT - The Blue Badge of Honor and Courage.

Wear it proudly, my son.

Many, many thanks, sir! You know, I do feel as though I've been knocking back a whole lot of margaritas on an empty stomach.
Old 13th January 2007, 11:47 PM   #26
uk_dave
Philosopher

That is heroic, indeed.

I think it is very telling when we hear 'truthers' asking why we bother to counter them.

It seems to have been a real shock to them that the internet which they believed was going to be this marvelous vehicle for getting their message out to the kids had been subverted by skeptics to show up the lies of the 'truth' movement.

Why do we bother?

For the same reason that ordinary people bother to create websites and debate in forum countering the lies of Intelligent Design or the attempts to deny the truth of anthropogenic global warming.

Because we don't like being lied to, we don't like seeing people use a tradgedy to further their careers and we don't like seeing our professions, trades and specialities twisted and spun to provide 'evidence' for a 9/11 govt conspiracy.

Oh and Big Owl told us to.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2007, 12:07 PM   #27
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

That is heroic, indeed.

Surely you can find a fact to debate?

No,? Just like a truther to discuss anything but facts! good job truther
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2007, 08:52 PM   #28
Lisa Simpson

Ah, Lisa Simpson, at last we meet. I 've been arguing with an obnoxious loon over at 911blogger, Col. Jenny Sparks. She claims that she is unable to post here and I keep telling her that she is either incredibly inept or a liar.
The method to her madness has gradually revealed itself. Apparently, you and I are in cahoots to shield the poor dimwits here from her coruscating wit. When I point out that her alleged difficulties in registering are very probably the result of submitting an invaild e-mail address, she assures me that I must be wrong. After much pointless wrangling, I asked her to post an e-mail from you addressing her problem. She hasn't responded yet, but I'll venture a prediction. It will turn out that YOU are LYING and she is being PREVENTED from posting here. If you sent her an engraved invitation, she would claim that she is still being blocked.
I didn't see this until now. Jenny Sparks has contacted me regarding her forum registration. Her denial to the forum had nothing to do with her email address. She said at one point that she would re-apply, although to date, she has not.
Lisa Simpson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2007, 08:53 PM   #29
Lisa Simpson

Mod WarningThe rest of this thread has been moved here.
Posted By:Lisa Simpson
Old 22nd January 2007, 09:02 PM   #30
chippy
Muse

He also said that he still hates JREFers. So basically he hates everyone now.
chippy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2007, 09:07 PM   #31
chippy
Muse

By the way, about Jenny Sparks...she honestly is a crazy character. About two months ago she came to my journal at 911debunker.livejournal.com and accused me of being a troll at 911blogger, a site with which I was barely familiar. It takes a few months to learn the ropes in all this 9/11 stuff, and I hadn't gotten to 911blogger yet. Nevertheless, even though I explained that I wasn't who she accused me of being, she went on and on and actually came up with a NEW conspiracy theory of how I could be the troller at 911blogger, that I was setting up fake accounts, acting certain ways to try to fake people out, etc. If you look through the comments in my journal with lots of comments, they are mainly her coming up with these bizarre theories. She repeatedly asked me to openly apologize for what I did or SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES. I didn't apologize, and whoa, nothing happened to me. She left my journal, thankfully. She probably wanted to avoid the embarrassment of being exposed as a total lunatic.
chippy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories