ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags scott dikker

Old 25th January 2007, 02:22 PM   #1
BrianSI
A Rebarbative Cyst

Scott Dikkers' Onion "Archives" ...

Okay, so I'm really really hoping that the Moon Landing article and audio bit Scott Dikkers shared are online somewhere. After a cursory search of The Onion, I cannot find any of the best headlines he had shared. Did he just create them special for TAM?

If anyone else has found them somewhere on line, please reply. I want to share it with readers of my blog if possible.

Thanks,
Brian

"There's nothing wrong with science ... between air conditioning and the pope, I'll take air conditioning."
-- Woody Allen in Deconstructing Harry
BrianSI is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2007, 02:46 PM   #2
CFLarsen
Penultimate Amazing

I got photos. Give me a day or so, and they'll be online.
CFLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2007, 02:58 PM   #3
BrianSI
A Rebarbative Cyst

That would be better than what I have for sure.

Thanks.

"There's nothing wrong with science ... between air conditioning and the pope, I'll take air conditioning."
BrianSI is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2007, 03:01 PM   #4
SherlockJr
Student

Originally Posted by BrianSI View Post
Okay, so I'm really really hoping that the Moon Landing article and audio bit Scott Dikkers shared are online somewhere. If anyone else has found them somewhere on line, please reply. I want to share it with readers of my blog if possible.
All the frontpages contained in Scott's presentation appear in the Onion's book, "Our Dumb Century," published in 1999. The audio of the moon landing, with accompanying video, is YouTubed here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIkHLO93lCA
SherlockJr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2007, 03:13 PM   #5
AK-Dave
Muse

Do a Google search on "the onion man walks on f***ing moon" (use the uncensored word). I found several links to the newspaper version, including this one: http://members.shaw.ca/rlongpre01/moon.html

(It should be noted for those that have not seen this yet, there is a lot of profanity in the article)

-David
AK-Dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2007, 03:41 PM   #6
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

I'd like to find the one with the picture of the archaeologist digging up the skeleton with the headline "Archaeologists Uncover Ancient Race of Skeletons".

My Anthropology professor would like that.

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2007, 03:52 PM   #7
BrianSI
A Rebarbative Cyst

Thanks everyone. I tried one Google search, but I didn't get good results.

That's all I need then, I guess.

Old 25th January 2007, 04:33 PM   #8
DiskoVilante
Muse

All the articles are in the book "Our Dumb Century."
There's a $4 and $11 versions of them on Amazon. The $4 one is actually a mini-book and the $11 one is an enlarged regular sized book.
DiskoVilante is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events