ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags challenge application , clairvoyance

Old 15th April 2007, 09:47 AM   #641
Moochie
Philosopher

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
As PC has provided earlier in the thread, her "predictions" were in newspapers over 20 years ago and PC read about her in 1984, so I don't think we should assume that she is totally isolated as far as current news is concerned. Additionally, PC stated that he spoke to the "medium" in the Philippines from Australia - one can only presume by telephone - so again, I don't believe we should assume that the "medium" is not aware of world events at the moment nor in the past 20 years.

M.
Moochie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2007, 01:53 PM   #642
EHocking
Philosopher

"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2007, 07:26 PM   #643
vIQleS
Muse

Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
Yes, the spirit did not say when the prophecies will happen. For example, the human babies with three eyes, human being giving birth to kitten, and cat giving birth to human being were revealed in early 1990s. More than a decade has already passed and I have not known of their fulfilment--yet. But I still believe that one day, they will be fulfilled.
This belief is not rational. To believe in miracles without proof is wrong.

I used to believe in the possibility of miracles - because the bible said so. Then I joined this board and I realized that I had never personally witnessed a miracle. After some serious 'soul'-searching I changed my world view, it didn't hurt much, and you can too if you take a step back and look closely at what you're saying and believing.

"vIQleS, Slap me. Slap me twice." - Foolmewunz
vIQleS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 03:57 AM   #644
Ocelot
Illuminator

Dear Ocelot and Fellow Forumers,

Thank you very much for your digging. They are informative. I have visited the linked websites you cited.

Three-eyed babies
I really did not know that there are already cases of three-eyed babies. I believe what the spirit meant is that these human babies (plural) will be born in any part of the world which have not even been affected by any chemical spill, such as in Bhopal, India. You may say that it is POSTdiction and not PREdiction but how about it they happen one after another, maybe months or a year apart? Or not caused by any chemical contamination that may attribute to mutation?
Oh yes three eyed babies abound. The Bhopal Disaster was 1984. Your expactations seem to suggest that this would not count as it involved a chemical leak. I am curious as to when this particular prediction was made. I was under the impression that this didn't count for a more significant reason: that the prediction was made after the event.

Could you please clarify?

Also you do confirm that the abby should be human and infact there should be multiple babies (a point I hadn't picked up on) however can you clarify on these other points...

Must all eyes be functional?

You say the baby will be born. Would that include being delivered by ceasarian?

Would a stillborn baby fullfill the prediction?

And then I will see what I can find.
Ocelot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 05:47 AM   #645
PeaceCrusader
Banned

Dear GzuzKryzt and Fellow Forumers,

Originally Posted by GzuzKryzt View Post
No, it wasn't.

Can you back this up with numbers? When has "god" started? Where exactly? By how much did this allegedly caring entity already "reduce" the population?

Because it looks to me like it's still growing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_of_the_earth
You are right. I agree that it seems that overall, the population of the world is still increasing. But there are countries where their population is declining due to more deaths than births. What are the causes of death? AIDS is one of them. Many young people are dying leaving many orphans behind. Another is war. How many Rwandans die in the genocide in the 1980s?

But the population will drastically be reduced when the nuclear bombs start to explode. Many will not even know what hit them. Have we not learned the lesson of Nagasaki and Hiroshima?

Best regards,
Aristeo Canlas Fernando, Peace Crusader and Echo
PeaceCrusader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 06:02 AM   #646
PeaceCrusader
Banned

Dear Burner and Fellow Forumers,

Originally Posted by Burner View Post
What if the baby had two heads? That's four eyes. How awesome would that be?
Two heads with normal body. One torso, two hands, two feet. The two heads give four eyes. Is this birth natural?

Did you know that a few days ago, it was announced on TV that a baby was born in central Philippines with two heads?

I also got a clipping of a newspaper article about a baby boy born in the province of Cavite, Philippines, some 30 km southwest of Manila, with two heads. What makes this amazing is that one head has the normal complexion of the body but the other head was like that of a black baby boy--curly hair, dark color, round eyes, thick lips, etc.

I believe that the human babies prophesied to be born with three eyes may have normal features except that there is an extra eye. I do not know where it would be located but I assume that it would be in the forehead. I believe that all eyes will be functional.

Best regards,
PeaceCrusader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 06:16 AM   #647
PeaceCrusader
Banned

Dear Colin and Fellow Forumers,

Originally Posted by colin View Post
PC, it’s been pointed out repeatedly that these “prophecies” are way too vague. Twisting and torturing a past event in order to make it appear to fulfill a prophecy is very creative of you and it’s very nice of you to help the “spirit” (Mrs. Alvaran) fill in the blanks, but it’s completely useless as far as convincing skeptical people.
And saying something will happen between now and the next half a million years is equally useless.

Please pick one prophecy, preferably the one that will happen the soonest, and give us specifics on the event, place, date, and time.
That may be eligible for the MDC.
When I found this site, I raised the question if the birth and death of Jesus would qualify for the Challenge. The spirit revealed the birth of Jesus to be on May 23 and His death, on August 17. Why do you think the spirit would give such dates? Wasn't it better for Him to maintain the status quo? Those dates are unlikely from the traditional dates. What if it was found that He was wrong? Would not people reject all that He said?

In my case, from 1983 when I first heard this until early 2000, I just said that the dates were revealed by a holy spirit. I did not know how it could be proven that they are correct. The spirit did not explain how He came up with such dates. When we connected to the Internet in 1999, that was the only time that I had the interest to research on the veracity of the dates when no one was able to help me even by Bible scholars, calendar experts, Jewish experts. The results of my research are found in my website. I found them to be correct. Had I proven them wrong, I would have withdrawn my belief in the spirit.

Best regards,
Old 16th April 2007, 06:19 AM   #648
GzuzKryzt
Philosopher

You are right. I agree that it seems that overall, the population of the world is still increasing. But there are countries where their population is declining due to more deaths than births. What are the causes of death? AIDS is one of them. Many young people are dying leaving many orphans behind. Another is war. How many Rwandans die in the genocide in the 1980s?

But the population will drastically be reduced when the nuclear bombs start to explode. Many will not even know what hit them. Have we not learned the lesson of Nagasaki and Hiroshima?

Best regards,
Your original statement was:

Now, God has started to reduce the population. I see this in AIDS and in wars and genocide.
War and genocide seems pretty much manmade. An accomplishment of development - or the lack thereof.

Diseases seem to have their origin in a natural development.

Again, no need for divine intervention as an explanation. No evidence, either. If you want to convince people, you will have to do much, much better.

On a different, yet repeating note: A prophecy includes at least three specifica.

1. Date
2. Location
3, Type of event.

Lacking of one of the three is called guessing.
GzuzKryzt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 06:28 AM   #649
Jackalgirl
Graduate Poster

...I believe that the human babies prophesied to be born with three eyes may have normal features except that there is an extra eye. I do not know where it would be located but I assume that it would be in the forehead. I believe that all eyes will be functional.
PC, once again, you say "I believe..."

You are interpreting.

Once again, any Challenge-worthy prophesy will be specific and detailed enough so as to require no interpretation, explanation, or clarification.

None of the prophesies you have presented are Challenge-worthy. Presenting and changing your own interpretations over and over and over again will not make any of them Challenge-worthy.

If you want to make prophesies of your own, that's another thing, since you know what the requirements are. But please don't bother trying to come up with some kind of specific "version" of the medium's prophesies -- if it doesn't come true, all it proves it that you were wrong, and that's not the point.

Please do not post in the Challenge Forum unless you have something Challenge-worthy.

If you want to discuss the medium's prophesies, and/or if you want to try to convince members of the JREF Forum that they are real, would you please go over and start a new thread in the Religion and Philosophy Forum?

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I think this thread is stuck in a rut. In an infinite loop. It needs to die. It needs kittens.
Jackalgirl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 06:33 AM   #650
PeaceCrusader
Banned

Dear Dan O and Fellow Forumers,

Originally Posted by Dan O. View Post
Yes, God gave you an obsession with numerology and not enough smarts to figure out that it is just chance.

PS: This is just an observation and not a personal attack.
The registration plate number I received in 2003 for our Holden Apollo was 240 ICD. For the commuter car I bought in 2006, its registration plate was 486 IDE. Why do you think that I am obsessed with numerology? I do not even know the significance of 240 or 486.

Did you know what ICD means? It stands for something like in text messaging: "I see Thee". A few days later after I got the plate number, a Roman Catholic priest told me that ICD stands for the Latin Iesus Christus Dominus meaning Jesus Christ Lord. After another few days, I found out that instead of Dominus, the Latin word Deus is more appropriate--Iesus Christus Deus--meaning Jesus Christ God.

IDE stands for "I Thee Echo". Is it a coincidence that the second-hand economy car I bought last year (August 2006) is a Toyota Echo?

Are all these coincidence?

After I discovered IDE, I added Echo to my signature--for that is what I am--just a sounding board of what the spirit revealed.

Best regards,
Old 16th April 2007, 06:43 AM   #651
Jackalgirl
Graduate Poster

...The registration plate number I received in 2003 for our Holden Apollo was 240 ICD. For the commuter car I bought in 2006, its registration plate was 486 IDE. Why do you think that I am obsessed with numerology? I do not even know the significance of 240 or 486.

Did you know what ICD means? It stands for something like in text messaging: "I see Thee". A few days later after I got the plate number, a Roman Catholic priest told me that ICD stands for the Latin Iesus Christus Dominus meaning Jesus Christ Lord. After another few days, I found out that instead of Dominus, the Latin word Deus is more appropriate--Iesus Christus Deus--meaning Jesus Christ God.

IDE stands for "I Thee Echo". Is it a coincidence that the second-hand economy car I bought last year (August 2006) is a Toyota Echo?

No, they're all excellent examples of humanity's finely-honed instinct for pattern-seeking, in combination with the "counting the hits, ignoring the misses" phenomenon. And, again, not Challenge-worthy, so therefore they don't belong in this particular Forum.

We spend about four pages or more (EACH) talking about Christ's dates (and why they're not Challenge-worthy), pattern-seekiness in the form of things like "GOTACURAL" supposedly meaning "AIDS" (and why it's not Challenge-worthy), vague prophesies (and why they're not Challenge-worthy), and now we're back to Christ's dates and pattern-seekiness. Notice a trend? I'm drowning in the repetition!

P.S. Hat-tip to Lisa for pointing out the ROFLcat site.

Last edited by Jackalgirl; 16th April 2007 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Clarity and proper credit
Jackalgirl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 06:51 AM   #652
Klaymore
Critical Thinker

Dear Dan O and Fellow Forumers,

The registration plate number I received in 2003 for our Holden Apollo was 240 ICD. For the commuter car I bought in 2006, its registration plate was 486 IDE. Why do you think that I am obsessed with numerology? I do not even know the significance of 240 or 486.

After I discovered IDE, I added Echo to my signature--for that is what I am--just a sounding board of what the spirit revealed.

Best regards,
God Damn...

I was actually on board with PC for about 20 seconds there. I was reading Moochie's posts and thinking, "Man, that Moochie is being too hard on this guy... this guy took the test. Moochie should back off and be nice..."

Then I kept reading, and PC is just right back to going on and on and on and on and on and on, doing the same crap he's been doing ever since he first started posting.

I will give him one little tiny bit of credit for coming back and posting his inane conversation with the obviously fake whatshername. I will then take back all of that credit, and more, for his continuing to carry on in the face of all evidence that his claim is just stupid, stupid, stupid.

Moochie, I am sorry I thought you were butthole. You seem to be the only one who was onto this incredible lame from the get go...
Old 16th April 2007, 06:54 AM   #653
Psiload
Master Poster

[color=black]Dear Dan O and Fellow Forumers,
Have I mentioned the wonders that God gave to me which made me become amazed? Did you know the meaning of the registration plate number 240 ICD of our car (2003)? Did you know the meaning of the registration plate number 486 IDE of the Toyota Echo economy car that I use for commuting (2006)? You may say that they are just coincidence? Are they?

Best regards,

Okay... I'll bite. What, pray tell, profound significance is revealed by the license plate numbers 240 ICD and 486 IDE?

This oughta be a hoot.
Old 16th April 2007, 07:12 AM   #654
Psiload
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Psiload View Post

Okay... I'll bite. What, pray tell, profound significance is revealed by the license plate numbers 240 ICD and 486 IDE?

This oughta be a hoot.
Ah ha!...

Quote:

IDE stands for I Thee Echo?

Sir... you have just pegged the Fruitcake-O-Meter in the "Nuttier Than" range.
Old 16th April 2007, 07:20 AM   #655
Oualawouzou
Critical Thinker

It's almost like self-applied cold-reading...

"Ok, I'm getting a D... D... Anybody relates to a D? Perhaps a Dominic? What? Domini? That can do. Domini, Deus? D? What? 'Thee'? Yeah, that's good too! Thee!"
Oualawouzou is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 07:47 AM   #656
colin
Thinker

Originally Posted by Jackalgirl View Post
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I think this thread is stuck in a rut. In an infinite loop. It needs to die. It needs kittens.
Yup. This tread definitely needs a mercy killing.

Unless we want a good example of argumentum ad nauseam. ;-)
colin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 07:57 AM   #657
Moochie
Philosopher

Best regards,

If you possessed an ounce of common sense, some light research would have told you that in some Western countries populations are nearing equilibrium, due in no small part to people deliberately having fewer or no kids.

I'm still mulling over whether you are certifiable, by the way.

M.
Moochie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 08:07 AM   #658
Moochie
Philosopher

<snip>

No you're not. You're a sounding board for every loony on the planet.

Now please, pack your Jesus toys and go over to the relevant part of the forum. Run along now, like a good moron.

M.
Old 16th April 2007, 08:14 AM   #659
Moochie
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Klaymore View Post
God Damn...

I was actually on board with PC for about 20 seconds there. I was reading Moochie's posts and thinking, "Man, that Moochie is being too hard on this guy... this guy took the test. Moochie should back off and be nice..."

Then I kept reading, and PC is just right back to going on and on and on and on and on and on, doing the same crap he's been doing ever since he first started posting.

I will give him one little tiny bit of credit for coming back and posting his inane conversation with the obviously fake whatshername. I will then take back all of that credit, and more, for his continuing to carry on in the face of all evidence that his claim is just stupid, stupid, stupid.

Moochie, I am sorry I thought you were butthole. You seem to be the only one who was onto this incredible lame from the get go...

No problems, mate. When you've hung around here for a while you'll become as perspicacious (some would say jaded) as many of us have become.

M.
Old 16th April 2007, 09:01 AM   #660
Davide
Student

Still Wondering

Originally Posted by Davide View Post
...One thing that is not clear to me is what, in your view, the reason was for Ama refusing to participate. In my view, the reason for refusing is that doing what you asked was impossible, and calling the request not tangi was just an excuse. But I would like to hear what you think.

On a related subject, I'm guessing that you did not ask Ama to give you the numbers that Jackalgirl has written down. Is that correct? I ask because correctly performing that feat would have been very, very tangi (if I understand the word correctly). It would have made many of us here sit up and take notice, and, with no money involved, it was clearly not driven by materialistic movtives.

Assuming you didn't ask about Jackalgirl's numbers, can you say why?
PC,

I'm still wondering. It seems to me that you had a terrrific chance to demonstrate to folks here what you so strongly believe.

Did you ask Ama for Jackalgirl's numbers? If so, what were the results? If not, why didn't you?
Davide is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 09:23 AM   #661
CynicalSkeptic
Master Poster

Did you know what ICD means? It stands for something like in text messaging: "I see Thee".
IDE stands for "I Thee Echo".
Really, not according to these sites:
http://smseverywhere.com/dictionary.htm
http://techdictionary.com/chat_cont1.html
http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/t...viations.asp#i

I think you just made those up.
CynicalSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 09:38 AM   #662
GzuzKryzt
Philosopher

Best regards,
This reminds me of the story about the zen master and one of his students, which goes - in short - something like this:
After years of meditation, the student approaches his master. "Master, I can prove that I have no nose." The master punches the student hard on his nose. After the student picked himself up from the floor, the master asks: "What hurts?"

(Insert generic cat pic here.)
GzuzKryzt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 11:43 AM   #663
Thabiguy
Muse

I'm Convinced. Definitely.
It's Damning Evidence.

I'll help you decode 240 and 486. Just add one to every digit of 240 and convert it to letters. It gives CEA - clearly meaning Christ, Echo, Ama. And with 486, just subtract one from every digit and you end up with Christ, G, Echo. The G may be slightly confusing, but if you think about it for a while, it becomes obvious what it stands for. That's right - GOTACURAL. Feel free to use this interpretation in whatever way you see fit.

P.S.:
I can deduce
identifying deities everywhere
is clearly delusional.
Ingeniously deciphered, every
irrelevant, chaotic dataset -
if distorted enough -
inevitably conveniently decodes
into desired explanation.
Imagination can't do.
Intelligence demands evidence.

Thabiguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 01:57 PM   #664
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

Sigh.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2007, 09:06 PM   #665
Jackalgirl
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Moochie View Post
If you possessed an ounce of common sense, some light research would have told you that in some Western countries populations are nearing equilibrium, due in no small part to people deliberately having fewer or no kids.
Japan is actually worried about their declining population, which is not due to AIDS or war, but to the fact that fewer women are having children.

Quote:
I'm still mulling over whether you are certifiable, by the way.
Well, I have to say that although I was being as patient as I could be while there was the possibility (as far-fetched as it was) that some kind of test could occur, I'm now firmly onboard with you. PC either can't (certifiable) or won't (troll) actually process or respond to the counter arguments made in response to his "evidence", so it's hard to say whether he's certifiable. But conversation with him does certainly seem to be pointless, since (like with DavidJayJordan) it's not conversation.
Old 16th April 2007, 11:40 PM   #666
yairhol
Graduate Poster

PC, you are just being so funny now.
ThebiGuy has shown you how you can decipher anything you want to whatever makes sense to you.
Why do you think the spirit would hide clues instead of doing something miracles which would reveal itself to all?

Anyway, I'm afraid you have become lost and cannot find your way back to reason.

May god help you find the right path.....

Regards,
Yair
yairhol is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2007, 02:56 AM   #667
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing

This is just so wrong. The meaning of 486IDE should be obvious. 486 is the architechture that all modern computers are built on, while IDE is the standard data interface (or at least it was). It should be obvious to anyone that the spirit is in fact a super-intelligent AI system that has taken over that poor woman's body in order to begin its campaign of global domination. I for one welcome our electronic overlord.
Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2007, 04:39 AM   #668
Czarcasm
Muse

IMHO, this whole thread should have been transfered to the Religion and Philosophy forum eight pages ago.
Old 17th April 2007, 09:26 AM   #669
Moochie
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jackalgirl View Post
Japan is actually worried about their declining population, which is not due to AIDS or war, but to the fact that fewer women are having children.

Well, I have to say that although I was being as patient as I could be while there was the possibility (as far-fetched as it was) that some kind of test could occur, I'm now firmly onboard with you. PC either can't (certifiable) or won't (troll) actually process or respond to the counter arguments made in response to his "evidence", so it's hard to say whether he's certifiable. But conversation with him does certainly seem to be pointless, since (like with DavidJayJordan) it's not conversation.
Not surprisingly, I see the value of what you and others here do in trying to encourage the likes of PC to come up with the goods.

By the same token, I figure my approach may also speed the process.

Now it seems I am castigated for my "incivility" toward PC in this thread (see post 636), so I am taking a holiday from this forum for an indeterminate time, in order to figure out just who the frigging woos are.

Cheers, and keep up the splendid work.

M.
Old 18th April 2007, 05:56 AM   #670
PeaceCrusader
Banned

Dear Thabiguy and Fellow Forumers,

Originally Posted by Thabiguy View Post
I'm Convinced. Definitely.
It's Damning Evidence.

I'll help you decode 240 and 486. Just add one to every digit of 240 and convert it to letters. It gives CEA - clearly meaning Christ, Echo, Ama. And with 486, just subtract one from every digit and you end up with Christ, G, Echo. The G may be slightly confusing, but if you think about it for a while, it becomes obvious what it stands for. That's right - GOTACURAL. Feel free to use this interpretation in whatever way you see fit.
I am very sorry for I thought the registration plate number of the Toyota Echo economy car was 486 IDE. This afternoon, when I was doing my outdoor work at home, I passed by the back of the car and noticed that its registration plate number is 462 IDE. I remember IDE because of what it stands for but not the number because I cannot figure out its significance.

Then I remember that it was not 462 that I posted in the forum. I subtracted 111 from 462 and the answer is 351. I remembered what you posted -- to one number, you added 111 and to the other, you subtracted 111. The registration plate number of the first car is 240 ICD. If we add 111 to 240, the answer is 351 -- also! Coincidence? And you said the 3 is C, 5 is E, and 1 is A, the letters representing C for Christ, E for Echo and A for Ama.

Thanks a lot, Thabiguy, for the information. Maybe God used you to reveal this to me. I really could not figure out what 462 and 240 stood for. Now, with your ingenuity, I think, it makes sense.

Best regards,
Old 18th April 2007, 06:02 AM   #671
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing

I am very sorry for I thought the registration plate number of the Toyota Echo economy car was 486 IDE. This afternoon, when I was doing my outdoor work at home, I passed by the back of the car and noticed that its registration plate number is 462 IDE. I remember IDE because of what it stands for but not the number because I cannot figure out its significance.

Then I remember that it was not 462 that I posted in the forum. I subtracted 111 from 462 and the answer is 351. I remembered what you posted -- to one number, you added 111 and to the other, you subtracted 111. The registration plate number of the first car is 240 ICD. If we add 111 to 240, the answer is 351 -- also! Coincidence? And you said the 3 is C, 5 is E, and 1 is A, the letters representing C for Christ, E for Echo and A for Ama.

Thanks a lot, Thabiguy, for the information. Maybe God used you to reveal this to me. I really could not figure out what 462 and 240 stood for. Now, with your ingenuity, I think, it makes sense.

Best regards,
Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2007, 06:12 AM   #672
yairhol
Graduate Poster

Oh my.....oh my.......I'm so sorry for you........
oh, and Moochie....don't leave....please.....
I'm serious!

Regards,
Yair
yairhol is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2007, 06:17 AM   #673
PeaceCrusader
Banned

Dear Yair and Fellow Forumers,

Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
PC, you are just being so funny now.
ThebiGuy has shown you how you can decipher anything you want to whatever makes sense to you.
Why do you think the spirit would hide clues instead of doing something miracles which would reveal itself to all?

Anyway, I'm afraid you have become lost and cannot find your way back to reason.

May god help you find the right path.....

Regards,
Yair
I am standing on my ground and you are standing on your ground as well. You charge me for being lost. Who is right between us? Despite my arguments, you do not believe. It would have been better if the spirit had accepted the Challenge. Just like what my father said, it will settle the question once and for all. Unfortunately, the spirit did not.

I do not know what proofs will you need to show that the spirit exists. There are people in this forum who still do not accept that we talk to a spirit or the spirit exists. I have mentioned that the spirit revealed the birth of Jesus on May 23 and His death on August 17. I did not pick these dates from thin air. Actually, these dates were already revealed by the spirit to the listeners long before I first attended in 1983. I am not the author of these dates. It was the spirit. And it was only in 1999 that I started to research to check their veracity. After four years (1999-2003), I was able to prove that the August 17 crucifixion is correct. The year is 1 BC. Then after another two years (2004-2006), I was able to prove that the May 23 birth is correct. The year is 33 BC. Who do you think can know these dates? These dates were originally what I thought to submit as the Challenge.

Best regards,
Old 18th April 2007, 06:33 AM   #674
yairhol
Graduate Poster

PC,
when it comes to religion we can argue forever and no one will be able to prove to the other that god either exists or does not. This is why the JREF does not accept challenges about this matter. I'm just saying that when it comes to believing that there is some higher power has taken over a woman's body in the phillipines making prophecies that have no exact time and some are very general which anyone can make, then I don't see any reason why I should consider what you are saying as being a fact.
Have you heard of Ocamm's razor principle? The next few lines are taken from http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/OCCAMRAZ.html :
"Occam's razor is a logical principle.... states that one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed. It underlies all scientific modelling and theory building. It admonishes us to choose from a set of otherwise equivalent models of a given phenomenon the simplest one. In any given model, Occam's razor helps us to "shave off" those concepts, variables or constructs that are not really needed to explain the phenomenon. By doing that, developing the model will become much easier, and there is less chance of introducing inconsistencies, ambiguities and redundancies."

Isn't assuming that the woman in the phillipines is a fraud, like many many people before her and after her which have stated similar things all over the world, a more reasonable explanation than what you say it is?

Regards,
Yair
Old 18th April 2007, 06:42 AM   #675
Psiload
Master Poster

Best regards,
Hey, Aristeo...

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Old 18th April 2007, 07:38 AM   #676
Dan O.
Banned

Without a verifiable test, the knowledge that the spirit reveals cannot be of any practical value therefore the spirit is indistinguishable from a fraud. We gave this spirit a chance to prove itself and it failed.
Dan O. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2007, 08:06 AM   #677
CynicalSkeptic
Master Poster

Dear Yair and Fellow Forumers,

I am standing on my ground and you are standing on your ground as well. You charge me for being lost. Who is right between us? Despite my arguments, you do not believe. It would have been better if the spirit had accepted the Challenge. Just like what my father said, it will settle the question once and for all. Unfortunately, the spirit did not.

I do not know what proofs will you need to show that the spirit exists. There are people in this forum who still do not accept that we talk to a spirit or the spirit exists. I have mentioned that the spirit revealed the birth of Jesus on May 23 and His death on August 17. I did not pick these dates from thin air. Actually, these dates were already revealed by the spirit to the listeners long before I first attended in 1983. I am not the author of these dates. It was the spirit. And it was only in 1999 that I started to research to check their veracity. After four years (1999-2003), I was able to prove that the August 17 crucifixion is correct. The year is 1 BC. Then after another two years (2004-2006), I was able to prove that the May 23 birth is correct. The year is 33 BC. Who do you think can know these dates? These dates were originally what I thought to submit as the Challenge.

Best regards,
Did you type that all again, or did you cut & paste from the 7 other posts in this thread where you said exactly the same thing?
CynicalSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2007, 01:04 PM   #678
Thabiguy
Muse

Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
My words exactly. But I probably should have seen it coming.

Glad to be of help!

And hey, next time you have some string of digits or letters that you can't decipher, just let me know, along with the meaning you're looking to find in it - any meaning you like - and I'll show you how to find it.

(He that hath ears to hear let him hear. Matthew 11:15.)
Thabiguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2007, 01:37 PM   #679
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

Maybe God used you to reveal this to me. I really could not figure out what 462 and 240 stood for. Now, with your ingenuity, I think, it makes sense.

Deep sigh.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2007, 03:13 PM   #680
GzuzKryzt
Philosopher

Best regards,
If you're kidding, PeaceCrusader: Hilarious! Good one.

If not: (Gulp.)

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge