ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags radio show , alex jones , 911 conspiracy theory

Old 6th February 2007, 11:08 AM   #1
Daryl17
Scholar

Who listens to Alex Jones' radio show?

I actually find it pretty entertaining at times, anybody else listen?
Daryl17 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 11:17 AM   #2
chippy
Muse

I would listen if he'd ever find a cure for his constant laryngitis.

Well, and his constant being-wrong-ness.
chippy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 11:19 AM   #3
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Idiots and masochists?
Old 6th February 2007, 11:21 AM   #4
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

The commercials are an absolute hoot.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 11:45 AM   #5
PerryLogan
Banned

Alienated white males too stupid to close their mouths.
PerryLogan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 11:59 AM   #6
Wartrac
Thinker

I haven't heard his show yet, however I still watch some of his videos. Not sure why I think I put it in that same category of hitting your hand with a hammer over and over.....hurts like **** but it feels sooooooo good when you stop.

Does he talk about anything new on his show or is it the same regurgitated stuff? The claims of things that happen while he's filming is hilarious when followed up with "we didn't capture that on film". I tend to have respect for most people giving them the benefit of the doubt. It kills me how people point at the government and scream about how they twist facts for a profit. But yet.....there isn't one CTer video out there not trying to do the same. Cause their followers can't see or think for themselves......and yet they call us sheeple..........
Wartrac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 12:01 PM   #7
Axiom_Blade
Master Poster

I might listen to laugh at him if I didn't find him so offensive.
The only episode I've ever sat through is where he interviews Chomsky. It's actually fairly sane, until he gets off the phone, and Jones launches into a tirade about how Noam is some kind of paid NWO disinfo agent. (Basically, because he dared to disagree with him.)

Oh, yeah, and that video of the Bohemian Grove, where Jones shows us the SHOCKING footage of a bunch of hippie protestors throwing "good vibe" spells at the grove. OMG...not only are those hippies commie wackos, but they're also SATANISTS! Time to get out those rifles and fight for the Christian cause, boys!
Axiom_Blade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 12:12 PM   #8
PerryLogan
Banned

Brownshirt kinda thang

Originally Posted by Axiom_Blade View Post
Time to get out those rifles and fight for the Christian cause, boys!
Now you're getting it! It's a redneck, gun-totin', cop-hatin', Brownshirt kinda thang.
PerryLogan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 12:21 PM   #9
JAStewart
Graduate Poster
Tagger

honestly, when I was a CTer, thought that Alex Jones was left wing.

honestly.

Argumentum ad YouTubeum - sts60
JAStewart is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 12:26 PM   #10
babazaroni
Muse

I have not seen his radio show or his cable show but at the prompting of Perry, I found the Alex Jones' vaccine conspiracy video .

Does he say these sort of things on his radio show as well?
  • Vaccines are a program of slavery and extermination.
  • Prince Phillip, father of Prince Charles wants to come back as a virus to kill 80% of the worlds population.
  • UN wants to reduce the population from 6.25 billion to 500 million.
  • You can get cancer by just being around someone who took a cancer spiked vaccine.
  • The AIDS virus was invented by Dr. Gallo at a biological weapons lab funded by congress.
  • UN started a program with 100 vaccine manufacturers 10 years ago to secretly sterilize african women and women in 130 countries with a tetanus vaccine.
  • In 1968, US government released a biological weapon in a New York subway.
  • Children today require 35 vaccines in order to enter school aka "government training camp".
babazaroni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 12:30 PM   #11
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JAStewart View Post
honestly, when I was a CTer, thought that Alex Jones was left wing.

honestly.
That doesn't surprise me.

Sad to say a forum I used to frequent which was left leaning had its fair share of people who would never in a million years post anything from townhall.com or newsmax.com as fact, but were happy to post links to prisonplanet etc.

I just couldn't get my head round the idea that this loud, obnoxious moron who, to me seemed to be just a poor mans sean hannity, could be percieved as liberal or left wing.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 12:32 PM   #12
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by babazaroni View Post
  • Prince Phillip, father of Prince Charles wants to come back as a virus to kill 80% of the worlds population.
That's a keeper.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 01:02 PM   #13
PerryLogan
Banned

I have not seen his radio show or his cable show but at the prompting of Perry, I found the Alex Jones' vaccine conspiracy video .
Thanks for finding the clip, babazaroni.

Alex says this kind of psychotic stuff about vaccines all the time on his cable access TV show. The secret world elite is poisoning us with vaccines. They've openly admitted it. But only Alex Jones was smart enough to see...

The one about Prince Philip seems to be based on a book the Prince wrote. God knows what he was getting at, but he couldn't fool Alex.

The story about the UN inserting a sterilization hormone into vaccines comes from a pro-life disinformation site (LifeSite). I checked the story and learned that there were in fact a few stray molecules of the hormone found in some vaccine samples. But its concentration was lower than that of mother's milk. So Alex is repeating--and exaggerating--right-wing disinformation to create his fantasy world.

Alex is at his most florid and crazy on TV. He is much more constrained on his radio show.

Last edited by PerryLogan; 6th February 2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 6th February 2007, 01:31 PM   #14
Yurebiz
Thinker

I do! Ain't that entertaining though. He's been talking a lot about vaccines lately, which I don't buy much, but I reckon it's an outrage that they make it as if it was law that children have to take it.
Yurebiz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 01:32 PM   #15
TOHMS
Scholar

As much as he is a loon, the guy is very good at what he does. Right when I first got into this conspiracy stuff, I really felt that what Alex said could really be true, and it was scary. Then after I actually went out and checked if these things were actually "admited", I quickly found out that the only thing Alex Jones is, is short of blood to the head.
TOHMS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 01:45 PM   #16
Axiom_Blade
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Yurebiz View Post
I do! Ain't that entertaining though. He's been talking a lot about vaccines lately, which I don't buy much, but I reckon it's an outrage that they make it as if it was law that children have to take it.
Yes, because catching easily preventable childhood diseases like chicken pox, mumps, and measles makes your immune system strong and builds character, don'tcha know!
Axiom_Blade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 01:55 PM   #17
TOHMS
Scholar

Yes, because catching easily preventable childhood diseases like chicken pox, mumps, and measles makes your immune system strong and builds character, don'tcha know!
I was thinking the same thing, lol.

Sure, we could go back to living like we did last century, and dying at abut 50 years of age...
TOHMS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 02:28 PM   #18
Mince
Master Poster

Does he say these sort of things on his radio show as well?
  • Vaccines are a program of slavery and extermination.
  • UN wants to reduce the population from 6.25 billion to 500 million.
  • You can get cancer by just being around someone who took a cancer spiked vaccine.
  • The AIDS virus was invented by Dr. Gallo at a biological weapons lab funded by congress.
  • UN started a program with 100 vaccine manufacturers 10 years ago to secretly sterilize african women and women in 130 countries with a tetanus vaccine.
  • In 1968, US government released a biological weapon in a New York subway.
  • Children today require 35 vaccines in order to enter school aka "government training camp".

The quality of that video was very high, both visually and in content. I'm not surprised, however. Everything Alex jones produces just smacks of quality.
Mince is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 04:19 PM   #19
PerryLogan
Banned

Originally Posted by Mince View Post
Everything Alex jones produces just smacks of quality.
Sometimes the smacking is deafening.
Old 6th February 2007, 06:14 PM   #20
The Demon's Head
Crime cannot be tolerated

Listen to Alex Jones radio show? Nah, I wouldn't even bother to waste my time on that idiot.

The Demon's Head is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 06:44 PM   #21
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
Administrator

Yes, and dying from measles, diptheria, tetanus, etc. 'tis a far, far nobler thing...

The man is a stark raving lunatic.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2007, 08:35 PM   #22
TOHMS
Scholar

The guy who is a mega "patriot" is the same guy who had the "PUSH TERROR STORM TO #1 ON AMAZON SALES LIST!" running on his website. But that's not for his personal gain, that's to spread the message!
Old 7th February 2007, 01:26 PM   #23
Yurebiz
Thinker

I agree vaccines are obviously necessary for the well being of a community, obviously. I don't want to go back to the stone age or anything. I just find it weird that there isn't any laws which say children have to take it. Such a law should have been passed as soon as the vaccination programs started, but seems like it hasn't.

And yeah, Alex even begged for donations some other day, when he was mad at some other guy who was saying he did coke and stuff. That was a few weeks ago. He does look desperate for money sometimes, but you can't blame him if that's what he lives on. I mean, many other people do the same on radio shows, blogs, etc. Well, alright, maybe you can blame him. Lately he hasn't been so much compelling in his stories; for me at least.
Yurebiz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2007, 01:44 PM   #24
Matilda
Thinker

I watched March to Tyranny last night, or whatever it's called. The guy's an odious little toad.
It was made in 2002, and includes the Gubmit/NWO/Satanists did 9/11, but almost none of the stuff he goes on about now. No controlled demolitions and such.

I was wondering if anyone knows when CD was first publically put forward as a 'theory' for how the towers came down? And who put it forward? It's not in 'The Great Deception' or '911:The Big Lie', both of which came out in 2002. It is in 'The CIA and September 11' by Bulow, which came out in 2003, so was it him?
Old 7th February 2007, 01:51 PM   #25
Yurebiz
Thinker

I listened to his radio show he did on the day of the event, and Alex was already saying the towers were demolished, thanks to some random guys telling him how it happened on the phone, how the towers came down so fast, etc. The idea of CD was since hour 1, but i dunno who wrote (or when) it down in a paper as an acceptable hypothesis (for the CT world) first.
Old 7th February 2007, 01:52 PM   #26
Pardalis
Banned

I listened to his radio show he did on the day of the event, and Alex was already saying the towers were demolished, thanks to some random guys telling him how it happened on the phone, how the towers came down so fast, etc. The idea of CD was since hour 1, but i dunno who wrote (or when) it down in a paper as an acceptable hypothesis (for the CT world) first.
So without scientific research and analysis, he came to the same conclusion as most CTists today? Doesn't that tell you alot about that hypothesis?
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2007, 01:55 PM   #27
Matilda
Thinker

It's weird he didn't include it then.

A fun game to play with that video is to pause whenever he's showing documents, read what it actually says, and then hear him ramble on.
Old 7th February 2007, 01:55 PM   #28
Yurebiz
Thinker

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
So without scientific research and analysis, he came to the same conclusion as most CTists today? Doesn't that tell you alot about that hypothesis?
Tells me that they sure have a lot of imagination. Doesn't discredit the current theories tho.
I'm not saying they have any credit at all however. They're pretty worthless anyway.
Old 7th February 2007, 02:16 PM   #29
Matilda
Thinker

Is that online somewhere? I'm trying to find it, but am not having any luck.
Old 7th February 2007, 02:45 PM   #30
Yurebiz
Thinker

Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
Is that online somewhere? I'm trying to find it, but am not having any luck.
Ahh yes I remember it's quite hard to reach the correct page on prison planet. I had a hard time finding it even by the third time i was going to listen to it.
Here it is - http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...6Broadcast.htm

Last edited by Yurebiz; 7th February 2007 at 02:52 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories