ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags jersey girls , 911 conspiracy theory

Old 16th February 2007, 11:43 AM   #1
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Looks Like Most of the Jersey Girls Really Are Woo-Woos

9-11 Press for Truth was clearly done by a kook (Kyle Hence) with the 9-11 Deniers in mind, but I was somewhat on the fence as to whether that's what the Jersey Girls intended. But judging by this article, they've gone woo-woo themselves:

Quote:
Many of the original questions put to the 9/11 Commission by the Family Steering Committee have since become staples of what’s known as the 9/11 truth movement. For instance, as the widows point out, exactly what made WTC 7 collapse when it was never hit by a plane is still just as much of an enigma today as it was prior to the 9/11 Commission, and they also wonder why NORAD’s protocols weren’t followed during the attacks. Moreover, they find it strange that 9/11 isn’t listed on Osama bin Laden’s FBI most wanted poster, when the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in Africa are. (In June of 2006, Muckraker Report editor Ed Haas spoke on the phone with Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, who told him the reason why 9/11 wasn’t listed on the poster was because Osama bin Laden had never been formally indicted by the Justice Department in connection with 9/11 and the FBI has no hard evidence linking him to the attacks).

“There are just so many unanswered questions,” says Van Auken. “I would say you need roughly 400 hours of research to graduate from 9/11 kindergarten class. That’s why it’s so hard to keep people on the same page, because they’re coming at this issue from a million different angles. A friend might tell them about building 7, or they might watch Loose Change on the internet, or they’ll say, ‘Hold it a second, you can’t make cell phone calls from an airplane.’ And then suddenly a little alarm bell goes off in their brain, and they say, ‘Wow, we don’t know the whole story about this.’ That’s all it takes, the little alarm bell, and then, bam, welcome to the place we’ve been living in for the last six years.”
Note: Perhaps the most famous of the Jersey Girls, Kristen Breitweiser, was not associated with the 9-11 Press for Truth movie and is not quoted in the article.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 11:51 AM   #2
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

The Jersey Girls had their moment in the spotlight during the '04 presidential campaign, sadly they now look for publicity wherever they can find it since the Dems no longer have a use for them.
Old 16th February 2007, 12:52 PM   #3
VespaGuy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
...9/11 kindergarten class...
Looks like she summed up the entire trooth movement in one phrase.
Old 16th February 2007, 03:00 PM   #4
bizarro John Conner
Banned

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
The Jersey Girls had their moment in the spotlight during the '04 presidential campaign, sadly they now look for publicity wherever they can find it since the Dems no longer have a use for them.

Ann Coulter touched on them in her book 'Godless'.

I agreed with what she had to say about them..
bizarro John Conner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 03:01 PM   #5
firecoins
Illuminator

Originally Posted by bizarro John Conner View Post
Ann Coulter touched on them in her book 'Godless'.

I agreed with what she had to say about them..
what did she say about them?
firecoins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 03:02 PM   #6
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

If the Jersey Girls are saying that calls couldn't be placed from the planes, well that's just another nail in the "truth" movement's coffin. If the argument is going to be, "my husband really was killed on 9/11 but your husband wasn't", it's going to turn into an ugly mess.
Old 16th February 2007, 03:03 PM   #7
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Didn't she call them "harpies" or something along those lines and almost get lynched for it?
Old 16th February 2007, 03:11 PM   #8
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

She said in regard to The Jersey Girls, "I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much", and
"by the way, how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy. . ."

Totally inapproiate, goes way over the top.

Last edited by Alt+F4; 16th February 2007 at 03:13 PM. Reason: clarity
Alt+F4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 03:18 PM   #9
Pardalis
Banned

What exactly are their unanswered questions?
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 03:20 PM   #10
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
When you adopt the troofer credo "ask questions, ignore the answers" it's all of them.
Old 16th February 2007, 03:22 PM   #11
Arus808
Philosopher

the same woo-woo questions that have been answered; and they are unwilling to accept.

actually, they just want to know why the government ignored the many warnings about the building of a terroristic threat against the US> all of which of cousre was answered in the 9/11 commission report; you know the report that they fought tooth and nail to get additional funding for and are still unhappy about its findings.

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 03:22 PM   #12
Pardalis
Banned

Maybe someone should direct them to the various sources that have answered their questions:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...s.php?catid=18
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 03:36 PM   #13
CurtC
Illuminator

Why would the Jersey Girls be concerned with WTC7?
Old 16th February 2007, 03:39 PM   #14
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
Why would the Jersey Girls be concerned with WTC7?
The Truth Movement got to them.

Thanks Truth Movement, for making these women's grief even more painful.
Old 16th February 2007, 04:24 PM   #15
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
In 9-11 Press For Truth, the first question they raised was why were the planes flying around for "almost two hours" without a response from the Air Force. Of course, the planes were not flying around off course for two hours, and the most advance warning NEADS had prior to the crash was something like 7 minutes for Flight 11 (the first plane to crash). They even bring up the Payne Stewart example (which shows they're not quite out of 9-11 kindergarten).

The second question they asked, no kidding, was why did it take the Secret Service so long to get the president out of that elementary school? And the third question, seriously, was why didn't the 9-11 Commission explain what happened to WTC 7?

By that point I knew it was aimed at the Woosers, which is why they've embraced it even though it supposedly doesn't advocate any of their kooky conspiracy theories. But I've always kind of thought the Jersey Girls weren't aware of the CT subtext that Hence was pushing.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 04:53 PM   #16
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Quote:
“What I saw on 9/11 totally flew in the face of everything I thought this country was about,” says Casazza. “For the people standing crowded and on their own in the opening of the broken windows of the towers, there were no police, Coast Guard, or military helicopters. They could have at least been thrown parachutes so that they could have attempted their own rescue.
With questions like these, the answers are so obvious... and I don't think you could ever run out of such questions.
Old 16th February 2007, 05:24 PM   #17
Arus808
Philosopher

omg...thrown them their own parachutes? this is why "family members" shouldn't be on any "new" investigation team. They'll be like the people on Survivor; too much in the way to get anything done.

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 11:42 PM   #18
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

I have all the respect in the world for the Jersey girls,

But they have been misguided. I can only hope they find a way to deal with such a horrible loss over time, but they are asking all the wrong questions.

Creator - "Screw 9/11 Mysteries"
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay...24912447824934
The Doc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2007, 12:02 AM   #19
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

@Brainster: If this film is so "woo-woo", why did you lie about its content? And why do you so want to prevent people from seeing it?

Here it is. Brainster said it has a "huge focus" on WTC7. Judge for yourself:

Google Video This video is not hosted by the ISF, the ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...99104255077250

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 17th February 2007 at 12:28 AM. Reason: fixed the direct link
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2007, 12:06 AM   #20
babazaroni
Muse

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Here it is. Brainster said it has a "huge focus" on WTC7. Judge for yourself:
You quoted "huge focus", yet I could not find Brainster or anyone else saying this.
babazaroni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2007, 12:12 AM   #21
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by babazaroni View Post
You quoted "huge focus", yet I could not find Brainster or anyone else saying this.
Yes, sorry, i was referring to this totally made-up paragraph written by Brainster some weeks ago:

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
There's also a huge focus on WTC-7, which shows that this is just a CT film trying to masquerade as legitimate questions from the widows. Why do they care about WTC-7 when none of their husbands died there--when in fact nobody died there? It's irrelevant to what really happened that day unless you're a CT nut and don't believe the hijackers existed, and the buildings were brought down with controlled demolition.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2007, 12:29 AM   #22
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Interesting, isn't it, babazaroni?
Old 17th February 2007, 12:52 AM   #23
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

You are correct Childlike. I was startled that they got into WTC 7 about 12 minutes into the movie and inflated that to "huge focus". Essentially, as I have pointed out, it was the third area they covered in the film. But you are correct, it's really a small part of the film despite the position.
Old 17th February 2007, 12:59 AM   #24
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

You did several postings on the subject before you told us that "Press for Truth" has a "huge focus on WTC7". The search function seems to be ooo atm, but i don't buy the "i didn't know what i was talking about"-excuse, Brainster. You lied.
Old 17th February 2007, 01:00 AM   #25
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

There was a documentary on HBO, part of the "America Undercover" series, dealing with a father telling his son that the boy's mom (his ex-wife) was killed on 9-11. Part of it dealt with the sister being upset that the father would now get custody of the son. She objected to his Pentecostal beliefs, and thought they might damage the boy psychologically. However, she then started talking about how Nostradamus predicted 9-11 in one of his quatranes.

You make the call!
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2007, 01:21 AM   #26
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

You did several postings on the subject before you told us that "Press for Truth" has a "huge focus on WTC7". The search function seems to be ooo atm, but i don't buy the "i didn't know what i was talking about"-excuse, Brainster. You lied.
Nope, misremembered. I remembered being surprised at the WTC 7 mention in the film, given that's the collapse nobody died in, that everybody anticipated, and that nobody but a Troofer finds significant. I see all of these films within a couple weeks of their coming out thanks to BG, the comments page truth spammer on SLC. The post you point to for my comment is from January 17th of this year; my first post on 9-11 PFT on the blog is from September 23, 2006 about four months earlier, and about 13 days after the film was released to Google. That's when I saw it.

Last edited by Brainster; 17th February 2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 17th February 2007, 01:28 AM   #27
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Sure. The search function is available to every member of this forum.

And so is "Press for truth".

BTW, you had the chance to correct me. I choosed a smilie back then instead of calling you a liar.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 17th February 2007 at 01:38 AM.
Old 17th February 2007, 01:44 AM   #28
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

I don't know why any of this would surprise anyone. Losing a loved one in a sudden tragic way does not abruptly make one sudden incredibly insightful, intelligent, scientific, and skeptical. Usually it makes you emotional and irrational.

The fact is there are literally thousands of people out there who are direct relatives of 9/11 victims. Statistically a chunk of them will be woos. Their loss will only enhance their woo.

Aside from the fact that their questions show they really know very little about 9/11 (despite professing to have researched it every day for years), it seems pretty clear to me the Jersey Girls wanted the 9/11 Commission to go something like this:

"Person X was the one who failed to stop 9/11 happening, and it's person X's fault your loved ones died. Person X will be punished accordingly."

Because (gasp, shock horror!) no one was really responsible for 9/11 except the terrorists who did it, the Jersey Girls didn't get to hang anyone from a tree. So just like a clansman whose negro got away, they're pissed.

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2007, 01:45 AM   #29
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Sure. The search function is available to every member of this forum.

And so is "Press for truth".

BTW, you had the chance to correct me. I choosed a smilie back then instead of calling you a liar.

CLE, get over it, please. The documentary is lame. It's not even worth debunking because it debunks itself so thoroughly.

I mean, really.

-Gumboot

gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2007, 01:48 AM   #30
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Are you still opposed to world peace, gummi?
Old 17th February 2007, 01:49 AM   #31
Arus808
Philosopher

what kind of loose connection claim is that?

Old 17th February 2007, 01:54 AM   #32
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Damn world peace to hell!

Oh, world peace? I thought you meant this ant in my pantry.
Old 17th February 2007, 01:55 AM   #33
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by Arus808 View Post
what kind of loose connection claim is that?

I'm opposed to world peace because it's only achievable if one culture completely supresses and controls all others under a single government. Like happened with the Roman Empire.

So yeah, CLE, I'm still opposed to world peace.

Have you learned how to express real opinions yet?

-Gumboot

Old 17th February 2007, 01:59 AM   #34
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Yeah, thanks gummi. I thought you are not interested in opinions?
Old 17th February 2007, 02:14 AM   #35
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Leave Childlike alone. She needs to concentrate on finishing that book that she's been halfway through for 8 months.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2007, 02:19 AM   #36
westprog
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Alt+F4 View Post
She said in regard to The Jersey Girls, "I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much", and
"by the way, how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy. . ."

Totally inapproiate, goes way over the top.
Coulter's attack on women who lost their husbands in the WTC attacks was typical of a women who's intentionally stupid and offensive.

However, anyone who gives credence to the idea that the calls from 93 were faked is doing essentially the same thing. It's accusing the people who recieved those calls of either lying or being deluded.
westprog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2007, 02:20 AM   #37
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

@gravy: WOOOT? A liar & a sociapath, exposed, and you still want me to carry on for today? Mean.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 17th February 2007 at 02:23 AM.
Old 17th February 2007, 02:30 AM   #38
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

@gravy: WOOOT? A liar & a sociapath, exposed, and you still want me to carry on for today? Mean.
I've read hundreds and hundreds of posts by Brainster (Pat) and gumboot (Andrew), and have found their arguments to be well-founded. They are smart and they do their homework. I may at rare times disagree with how those arguments are framed (comparing the Jersey girls to Klansmen isn't apt, IMO), but I seldom disagree with their conclusions. Your characterizations of them as liars and sociopaths is wrong.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2007, 02:34 AM   #39
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Leave Childlike alone. She needs to concentrate on finishing that book that she's been halfway through for 8 months.

This is a bit off topic but that reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb-DNXEvKdc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_X74l_aCW8

Creator - "Screw 9/11 Mysteries"
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay...24912447824934
The Doc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2007, 02:36 AM   #40
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

@gravy: My characterization of gummi as a sociopath maybe worth interpreting but calling Brainster a Liar doesn't seem farfetched if you look at this thread and the links (and the search function), does it?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories