ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones , billboards , infowars , red cross

Old 20th February 2007, 08:09 PM   #1
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

"Huge Fearmongering Billboards"

Originally Posted by Infowars.com
These rather fetchingly huge fearmongering billboards have been going up across America recently to advertise the Red Cross.

Note that they interestingly place the date of a future "attack" as November 9th 2009, that is 11/9/09.

Also note that the small print states the attack is to be a bio-chemical attack.

Are you scared yet?
http://infowars.net/articles/februar...billboards.htm

Here's the website: http://preparewny.org/

I'll admit, I think this advertising campaign is tremendously inappropriate, but leave it to good ol' AJ to give the Infinite Paranoia Drive a bit more gas.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 08:11 PM   #2
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Well, this one scares the hell out of me. Poor, poor Skip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marquee2.jpg (18.2 KB, 188 views)
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling

Last edited by CptColumbo; 20th February 2007 at 08:17 PM.
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 08:17 PM   #3
PerryLogan
Banned

Mongering

So...we're supposed to be scared of the fear-mongering? What kind of mongering is that?
PerryLogan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 08:17 PM   #4
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

I actually think it's an excellent idea. Bear in mind the advertising campaign is probably more in response to things like Hurricane Katrina than a terrorist attack.

I wish someone would do a campaign like that here. New Zealand must be one of the western modern nations most vunerable to a natural disaster. And yet we're pathetically unprepared for one.

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 08:21 PM   #5
Kiwiwriter
Graduate Poster

Smile November 9, 2009...

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
http://infowars.net/articles/februar...billboards.htm

Here's the website: http://preparewny.org/

I'll admit, I think this advertising campaign is tremendously inappropriate, but leave it to good ol' AJ to give the Infinite Paranoia Drive a bit more gas.
Let's see, November 9th...

1918...Germany overthrows the Kaiser, and begs for an Armistice.

1923...Adolf Hitler launches a Putsch in Munich to overthrow the Bavarian government.

1938...Kristallnacht...Nazis destroy Jewish homes, stores, and synagoges across Germany, to overthrow law and order.

1989...East Germany, under pressure from its people, opens the Berlin Wall, overthrowing the Cold War.

Coincidence or conspiracy? You decide!
Kiwiwriter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 08:31 PM   #6
PerryLogan
Banned

You've got to appreciate the New World Order's willingness to leave clues.
PerryLogan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 08:32 PM   #7
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
I actually think it's an excellent idea. Bear in mind the advertising campaign is probably more in response to things like Hurricane Katrina than a terrorist attack.
I don't know about that. I mean, the words "terrorist strike" are right there and the small print says "bio-chemical weapon".

I imagine that's not exactly how most people would go about raising concern about the aftermath of a hurricane.

--

I'd also like to point out the billboard and website were apparently created by/for the Greater Buffalo Red Cross. Infowars claims these billboards "have been going up across America recently", but predictably fails to provide evidence to support this.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 08:35 PM   #8
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

That's just one billboard though. They're obviously not the same. It's clear that the website is talking about ANY major disaster.

-Gumboot

gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 08:39 PM   #9
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

That's just one billboard though. They're obviously not the same. It's clear that the website is talking about ANY major disaster.
Oh, crap. You were talking about the website. Then, yeah, I agree.
Old 20th February 2007, 08:41 PM   #10
Bobert
Illuminator

AH HA!!
I had ALWAYS suspected the Red Cross was behing 9-11!!!
FINALLY Alex Jones is coming forward!!
Bobert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 08:48 PM   #11
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

sheeyit! That's the day I'm paying my truck off, too! damn the luck
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 08:51 PM   #12
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Oh, crap. You were talking about the website. Then, yeah, I agree.

You don't expect me to take anything from Alex Jones on face value do you?

-Gumboot

Old 20th February 2007, 08:52 PM   #13
David Wong
Graduate Poster

Wait, back up. So in Alex Jones' worldview, the Red Cross is in on the conspiracy? They're part of the NWO?

Who isn't part of it?
David Wong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 08:54 PM   #14
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by David Wong View Post
Wait, back up. So in Alex Jones' worldview, the Red Cross is in on the conspiracy? They're part of the NWO?

Who isn't part of it?

Him?

-Gumboot

Old 20th February 2007, 08:56 PM   #15
Bobert
Illuminator

churchsign.jpg
Bobert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 09:11 PM   #16
DarkMagician
Graduate Poster

Sometimes going by "Nyke" | "Pascal's Wager: Believe in Unicorns, or one might kick you in the nads!" | "There is no hope for humanity. Reason is dead and we dance on the corpse. Tra la la la la!" --c4ts | Intelligent Design & Expelled Exposed | I'm on dial-up. If you want to reply to me, summarize please.
DarkMagician is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 09:31 PM   #17
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
Aww, geez... Derail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg churchsign.jpg (14.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 20th February 2007, 09:34 PM   #18
SkepticGuy
Critical Thinker

JEEZUZ!
PrepareWNY.org?
Western New York
Buffalo!

That's my home-town!

What on earth is the lowly old Buffalo, NY Red Cross doing being concerned about terrorist attacks?

Madness I tell you.
SkepticGuy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 09:37 PM   #19
Bobert
Illuminator

Lol!!
Old 20th February 2007, 09:38 PM   #20
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Aww, geez... Derail.
da bomb at trinity church

i see right through you, and your nuclear fearmongering!
Old 20th February 2007, 09:40 PM   #21
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Saw this driving through the neighborhood....

churchsign1.jpg

churchsign2.jpg

churchsign3.jpg
realitybites is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 09:47 PM   #22
Bobert
Illuminator

churchsign.jpg
Old 20th February 2007, 09:54 PM   #23
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Old 20th February 2007, 09:58 PM   #24
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
churchsign4.jpg
realitybites is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2007, 10:26 PM   #25
Bobert
Illuminator

Old 21st February 2007, 04:01 AM   #26
Graham2001
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by PerryLogan View Post
You've got to appreciate the New World Order's willingness to leave clues.
You mean like, transporting martial law signs round in trucks where everyone could see them before 2000, or like telling bank tellers they're going to confiscate everyones bank box!
Graham2001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2007, 04:23 AM   #27
JAStewart
Graduate Poster
Tagger

Originally Posted by David Wong View Post

Who isn't part of it?
Jason Bermas

Argumentum ad YouTubeum - sts60
JAStewart is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2007, 04:57 AM   #28
njslim
Graduate Poster

Hey Skeptic Guy ! Do you remember back in the 1970's when Buffalo was
buried under 30 feet of snow one winter. Went to school in Western NY
(grew up in Central NY- Syracuse/Utica) Would probably been better if
showed a snow mound that high and said "ARE YOU READY FOR THIS"
njslim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2007, 05:45 AM   #29
eddyk
Thinker

Originally Posted by JAStewart View Post
Jason Bermas
The NWO is refered to often as the 'elite' right?

So no Jason Bermas would not be inthe NWO.

I sort of wish I was in the NWO...if it existed like.
eddyk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2007, 09:28 AM   #30
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2007, 09:42 AM   #31
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

So...we're supposed to be scared of the fear-mongering? What kind of mongering is that?
The only thing we have to fear is fear-mongering itself.
Old 21st February 2007, 09:52 AM   #32
firecoins
Illuminator

now I am scared of huge billboards. I have an idea. Lets declare war on them!
firecoins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2007, 10:09 AM   #33
negativ
Graduate Poster

I don't know about that. I mean, the words "terrorist strike" are right there and the small print says "bio-chemical weapon".

I imagine that's not exactly how most people would go about raising concern about the aftermath of a hurricane.

--

I'd also like to point out the billboard and website were apparently created by/for the Greater Buffalo Red Cross. Infowars claims these billboards "have been going up across America recently", but predictably fails to provide evidence to support this.
Point 1: Alex Jones is an idiot. He and anyone who takes him the least bit seriously should be publicly flogged with their own intestines. I would almost volunteer to flog him with *my* intestines if it would shut him the hell up.

Point 2: I can't imagine a better object lesson or illustration of the complete and total lack of preparedness for *any* form of large-scale emergency than the aftermath of Katrina. I think it showed that the type of intra-national cooperation and volunteerism that we saw immediately after 9/11 is long gone. After Katrina, we went back to doing what Americans do best, which apparently is avoiding accountability, shifting blame, pointing fingers, and playing politics. I have no doubt that it made for a very instructive chapter in Ayman al-Zawahiri's notebook. But that's a topic for a different subforum.
negativ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2007, 10:23 AM   #34
firecoins
Illuminator

Originally Posted by negativ View Post
Point 2: I can't imagine a better object lesson or illustration of the complete and total lack of preparedness for *any* form of large-scale emergency than the aftermath of Katrina. I think it showed that the type of intra-national cooperation and volunteerism that we saw immediately after 9/11 is long gone. After Katrina, we went back to doing what Americans do best, which apparently is avoiding accountability, shifting blame, pointing fingers, and playing politics. I have no doubt that it made for a very instructive chapter in Ayman al-Zawahiri's notebook. But that's a topic for a different subforum.
I have to differ with you. A storm like Katrina was going to eventually hit New Orleans, a city built below sea level. Everyone knew this for decades. Katrina was a complete collapase of city, state and federal government who knew this was going to happen for 50 years and failed to act. Yes there is alot of pointing fingers because none of them took responsibility. All 3 levels of government were exposed for the frauds that they are.

International support was there for Katrina. International support wasa huge for the Tsunami. International support for 9/11 would occur today.
firecoins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2007, 12:02 PM   #35
PerryLogan
Banned

Incompetence

The same incompetence that let 9/11 happen also let New Orleans be destroyed:

Quote:
BUSH ADMINISTRATION INCOMPETENCE DURING KATRINA, 9/11 -- As significant anniversaries for Katrina and Sept. 11 approach, historian William Chafe says the two events will be remembered as moments that define the Bush administration as incompetent. “Looking back, Katrina and Sept. 11 will be bookends for an administration that has failed to appreciate and respond effectively to the information it receives,” says Chafe, a former president of the Organization of American Historians. Chafe is currently drafting the sixth edition of his book “The Unfinished Journey: America Since WWII,” which will include events up through Katrina. “Both disasters were marked by failure to appropriately deal with intelligence,” Chafe says. “With Sept. 11, you had the Aug. 6 memo warning of terrorist plans to hijack airplanes that was ignored. With Katrina, you had a National Weather Service report delivered to the White House the night before the hurricane hit. In both cases, the officials responsible for handling the information resigned, but neither George Tenet nor Michael Brown was an aberration in the Bush administration. The administration as a whole was characterized by an inability to identify the seriousness of a situation and then respond decisively and effectively.”
http://dukenews.duke.edu/2006/07/katrina.html

This incompetence is also the best proof possible that 9/11 was not an inside job.
Old 21st February 2007, 12:37 PM   #36
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

http://dukenews.duke.edu/2006/07/katrina.html

This incompetence is also the best proof possible that 9/11 was not an inside job.
Back on the woo juice, Perry?

DR
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2007, 12:47 PM   #37
PerryLogan
Banned

Think again

Originally Posted by Darth Rotor View Post
Back on the woo juice, Perry?

DR
Worst President Ever™. Everybody knows it. If this Administration had planned 9/11, 9/11 would never have happened.

It's funny that Neocons and Truthers both deny the Bush Administration's mindboggling ineptitude. In this delusion, they are in perfect agreement.

If you're thinking just like a Truther, you might want to think again.

Last edited by PerryLogan; 21st February 2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 21st February 2007, 12:54 PM   #38
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

This doesn't make sense. Are you saying the US Government could have stopped New Orleans from being destroyed?

How?

By moving it?

-Gumboot

Old 21st February 2007, 12:57 PM   #39
Rich M
Scholar

Well they could've planned the rescue/aid effort like a million times better.
Rich M is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2007, 12:57 PM   #40
PerryLogan
Banned

This doesn't make sense. Are you saying the US Government could have stopped New Orleans from being destroyed?

How?

By moving it?
By not destroying FEMA. Bush has filled the Federal government with incompetents and political lackeys. He has injected corruption into every cell of the Federal government.

Under Clinton, FEMA was a crack outfit. They probably could have saved New Orleans--especially with a competent administration in power.

This is, like, remedial stuff, guys.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories