ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags seti

Old 22nd February 2007, 05:46 AM   #1
Bikewer
Penultimate Amazing

SETI makes big find!

According to Slashdot:

http://science.slashdot.org/article....26240&from=rss

One of the volunteers tracked down his wife's stolen laptop, which was being used in the project.

Sorry, no alien signals as yet.
Bikewer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2007, 05:58 AM   #2
logical muse
LogMu

What a shame my sunglasses weren't running SETI.
logical muse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2007, 06:29 AM   #3
This Guy
Master Poster

That's cool!

Everyone should sign up for SETI @Home, so they can track down their stolen computers! And, while your at it, sign up for the JREF team!

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_....php?teamid=43

Old 22nd February 2007, 09:40 AM   #4
Ducky

Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
That's cool!

Everyone should sign up for SETI @Home, so they can track down their stolen computers! And, while your at it, sign up for the JREF team!

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_....php?teamid=43

I don;t know if I remembered to add to the JREF team or not, but I had to stop using it on my macs until I obtained a couple other boxes to serve the sql and website stuff from. I'll be back on soon. I'll be sure to remember to join the jref team.
Ducky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology