IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory , arkadiusz jadczyk , dylan avery , Laura Knight-Jadczyk

Old 27th February 2007, 12:24 AM   #1
maccy
Master Poster

Has Dylan found some more Scholars for Truth?

From the Loose Change Blog:

Quote:
Action/Reaction
Anyone ever heard of Laura Knight-Jadczyk? How about her husband, Arkadiusz? Well...

+=+=+

Re: George Monbiot’s statement, "These conspiracy idiots are a boon for Bush and Blair as they destroy the movements some of us have spent years building"

Dear Guardian,

As a historian and author, and wife of a physicist, I am going to ask that your paper publicly apologize for calling me, my husband, and literally millions of other people - many of them well-qualified experts who have spent a great deal of time researching this matter - "idiots."

Laura Knight-Jadczyk

+=+=+

The Guardian responds:

+=+=+

Dear Laura,

Many thanks for your email. Just so you know, I've passed your comments on to our readers editor, who may be able to respond.

Yours,

Joseph

+=+=+

Let's see how this pans out.
http://loosechange911.blogspot.com/2...nreaction.html

Historian and Physicist eh?

Just look at their websites:

http://quantumfuture.net/
http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/index.html

And her blog:
http://laura-knight-jadczyk.blogspot.com/
here's an entry about COINTELPRO:
http://laura-knight-jadczyk.blogspot...ro-agents.html

Here's here personal website:
http://www.laura-knight-jadczyk.com/

And here's a couple of websites accusing her of running a cult:
http://www.cassiopaeacult.com/
http://www.maar.us/laura_knight_jadczyk.html

From the first "she's running a cult" site:

Quote:
Laura Knight Jadczyk talks to reptilian space aliens on a ouija board.
The transcripts of these conversations provided the foundation to build her cult.

Kooks? Most certainly.
Scholars? Maybe not...

So, Dylan, I'm happy to call Laura an idiot, and her husband, and you.

Time for another do-over?
maccy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2007, 12:33 AM   #2
R.Mackey
Philosopher

What does a metaphysicist have in common with a physicist?

Really, this is nothing more than a reverse ad hominem. The Guardian calls them "idiots" because of what they espouse, not because of who they are. This is very simple to understand.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, what matters in the battle of ideas is evidence and verifiability. Even a Troother can be right -- they just haven't been.
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2007, 12:47 AM   #3
maccy
Master Poster

An appeal to your own authority can be part of the woo tactic in all fields. Of course, real scientists and historians have to produce work which will withstand the criticism and analysis of their peers.
maccy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2007, 01:18 AM   #4
maccy
Master Poster

Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
Actually, it looks like Arkadiusz is a real physicist and is still publishing and has recently started teaching again:

http://arkadiusz-jadczyk.org/jadczyk_cv.html
http://arkadiusz-jadczyk.org/jadczyk_publications.html
http://arkadiusz-jadczyk.org/downloads.htm

He doesn't seem to have published anything about the physics of 9/11 however, unless its somewhere on this site:

http://www.signs-of-the-times.org/

(which he and his wife also run).
Old 27th February 2007, 01:32 AM   #5
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Any time anyone tries to claim a crazy person has credibility because they have a degree, I'm going to link them to that interview with Judy Wood.

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2007, 10:22 PM   #6
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Wow, thanks for pointing this out to me, Maccy! Laura K-J may not be an idiot, but she's a Grade A kook!
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2007, 11:10 PM   #7
CHF
Illuminator

Ya see, Dylan - if you actually did any research you wouldn't sit around waiting to "see how this pans out." You' could easily have looked up this stupid woman yourself.

Instead you left the research to debunkers who promptly discovered that she's even nuttier than you!

Well done Dylan.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2007, 11:39 PM   #8
CurtC
Illuminator

Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
I know the key difference! As Carl Sagan said, the metaphysicist has no laboratory. It's a great piece of writing.
Old 27th February 2007, 11:56 PM   #9
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Typical twoofer "research" consists of posting something that they have read on the internet and purporting that it is factual and weighty without doing any actual research themselves; claiming that the facts posited are true and weighty without doing any actual research themselves; waiting for others to prove their assertions wrong when the others, unlike twoofers, do some actual research; and then ignoring the fact that the twoofers' lack of research and lack of evidence have been exposed as such, and ignoring the fact that what the twoofer posited in the first place as true is actually bunkum.

Do-Over has been at this since late 2005 (contrary to his claims to have been at it since 2001 or 2002) and he's batting 1000 in being dead wrong on all counts thusfar. This latest non-starter is, therefore, no surprise. Dylan and his fellow twoofers are so desperate for anything at all that might support their lunacy that they deliberately eschew facts and evidence, and deliberately refrain from researching their "sources". They are perfectly content with spouting nonsense that they know, or should know, is utterly unsupported and unsustainable, in hopes that a bunch of other tinhatters will repeat it without any research or investigation (as tinhatters are wont to do) and that it will somehow gain credibility by repetition without ever being researched by those who espouse it. No surprise there, either.

Last edited by LashL; 28th February 2007 at 12:04 AM. Reason: grammar
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2007, 12:02 AM   #10
maccy
Master Poster

The thing is he didn't even have to do much work to check her out. I found those sites in a few minutes on Google.

Dylan takes things on face value that agree with his preconceptions.

Last edited by maccy; 28th February 2007 at 12:09 AM. Reason: missing word
Old 28th February 2007, 12:06 AM   #11
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by CHF View Post
Ya see, Dylan - if you actually did any research you wouldn't sit around waiting to "see how this pans out." You' could easily have looked up this stupid woman yourself.

Instead you left the research to debunkers who promptly discovered that she's even nuttier than you!

Well done Dylan.
This boy is sinking lower in lower into this mess.

I kind of feel sorry for him...

Well, maybe not.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2007, 12:26 AM   #12
R.Mackey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
I know the key difference! As Carl Sagan said, the metaphysicist has no laboratory. It's a great piece of writing.
Congratulations, CurtC! You win* the cookie!

I've always admired his writing, ever since before I knew he was a writer, rather than just that far-out guy on Cosmos.

*: Must be present to win
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2007, 01:47 AM   #13
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
There's another reason I think popularizing science is important, why I try to do it. It's a foreboding I have -- maybe ill-placed -- of an America in my children's generation, or my grandchildren's generation, when all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when we're a service and information-processing economy; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest even grasps the issues; when the people (by "the people" I mean the broad population in a democracy) have lost the ability to set their own agendas, or even to knowledgeably question those who do set the agendas; when there is no practice in questioning those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and religiously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in steep decline, unable to distinguish between what's true and what feels good, we slide, almost without noticing, into superstition and darkness. CSICOP plays a sometimes lonely but still -- and in this case the word may be right -- heroic role in trying to counter some of those trends.
From reading the Truther posts one could get the impression that Carl Sagan's worst nightmare is coming true.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2007, 10:51 AM   #14
Kiwiwriter
Graduate Poster

Smile Let me get this straight...

Every time I read about these folks, they manage to surprise me...

This woman uses an Ouija Board to talk to space aliens?

"Excuse me, but what does God need with a starship?" -- Star Trek V

So, "Excuse me, but what do space aliens need with an Ouija Board?"
Kiwiwriter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories