ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags stake , ensures , milosevic

Old 7th March 2007, 12:39 PM   #1
hgc
Penultimate Amazing

Stake through the heart ensures Milosevic will stay dead

Just in case you thought old Slobo might rise from the grave to resume his war-making ways, or worse, his theatrics in the Hague, he'll bother us neither alive nor undead.

Quote:
Serbian vampire hunters rammed a wooden stake through the heart of former dictator Slobodan Milosevic to stop him ‘returning from the dead’. Miroslav Milosevic, no relation to the former president, gave himself up to police who have launched an investigation.
It's a Pakistani news source. If that's anything like the level of reliability of an Indian news source, or Matt Drudge for instance, then take it for what it's worth.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-3-2007_pg9_18
hgc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2007, 01:11 PM   #2
Kopji

This will sound sorta dark, but this the first inkling of justice I've read on this guy. So what's the penalty for grave desecration these days?
Kopji is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2007, 01:55 PM   #3
Tanja
Comfortably Numb

From a Bosnian news source here, just in case anyone here apart from me understands the language:
Quote:
Miroslav Milošević iz Požarevca, zvani Mile Fotograf, izveo je u noći u subotu "performans", tako što je grob Slobodana Miloševića probio glogovim kolcem, a sve u znak protesta protiv obilježavanja godišnjeg parastosa, pravoslavne mise zadušnice bivšem srbijanskom predsjedniku, prenosi Glas javnosti.

"U toku ove akcije mobilnim sam se javio policiji i rekao im što trenutno radim, na šta su mi oni odgovorili da pazim da me Milošević rukom ne uhvati iz groba. Pošto sam grob probio kolcem, otišao sam i prijavio se policiji, a sutradan sam i po danu ponovio ovaj performans.
The gist of the article is that a guy called Miroslav Milosevic (no relation to Slobo) wanted to attract media attention to the fact that the orthodox church in Pozarevac was organizing a mass to commemorate the first anniversary of Milosevic's death. He basically phoned the police and the media to say he was going to "put a stake through the grave" and got himself photographed standing by the grave with a stake.

Nothing to with vampires, except the obvious symbolism. The event was half "performance art", half a media stunt.

From the article "While I was doing this, I phoned the police from my mobile phone to let them know what I was doing, and the police told me to be careful that Milosevic's hand does not grab me from the grave".

Please note, this only means that the Pozarevac police have a sense of humour, not that anyone in Serbia believes in vampires.
Tanja is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2007, 02:01 PM   #4
hgc
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tanja View Post
From the article "While I was doing this, I phoned the police from my mobile phone to let them know what I was doing, and the police told me to be careful that Milosevic's hand does not grab me from the grave".
I just had a nice chuckle while picturing the scene from the end of the movie Carrie where Amy Irving is laying flowers at the site of Carrie's burned down house and the hand rises from ground and grabs her arm (if I'm remembering that properly).
hgc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics