IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags johndoex , rob balsamo

Old 15th March 2007, 08:17 AM   #1
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

Pilots for truth

Hi!

I've always been under the impression that Pilots for truth was a site started and manned by aviation pilots that for some reason feel that 911 wasn't perpetrated by the Al Quaida. Recently (well, just now, Im in somewhat of a debate over JDX FDR-claims) I went over to their forums and found this:

Originally Posted by Sanders@PFT forum
Don't be fooled by the name of the forum - we are all pilots for truth. To pilot means to GUIDE, the use of the word is not restricted to airplanes

So they are "pilots" in the broadest way possible? Isnt even JDX a "real" pilot? Or am I missing something here?

/S

Last edited by Panoply_Prefect; 15th March 2007 at 08:20 AM.
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 08:24 AM   #2
Anti-sophist
Graduate Poster

The pilots for 911 truth has a handful of actual professional pilots (well below the predicted 25% retardation rate). The forum-goers, however, are very different. Mostly it's filled with rejects from loose-change and other sites where they've been banned.
Old 15th March 2007, 08:46 AM   #3
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

Ahh...that explains it, their forum isnt a dedicated pilot forum, but an open one. Well, back to trying to understand the intricacies of the FDR then.

Tnx,
S
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 09:18 AM   #4
B-Man
Scholar

Well I'm a 747 Captain and I made one post before I was banned.
But then again, JDX has a very poor record of debating me.
It's easier just to make me not exist.

Anyway, if you get a big enough pool of people, you can find someone that'll tell you anything. E.g. I bet if I looked long enough, I'd find a priest that doesn't believe in God.
B-Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 10:44 AM   #5
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

I think I've said this before, but I like it so much I'll shamelessly repeat it: "Pilots for Truth" is one of those names, like "Holy Roman Empire" and "English Horn, " where not one single word is true. They're not pilots, they're not "for" anything, and they wouldn't know the truth if it got rammed up their sorry backsides.
Old 15th March 2007, 10:49 AM   #6
Jennie C.
Thinker

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
I think I've said this before, but I like it so much I'll shamelessly repeat it: "Pilots for Truth" is one of those names, like "Holy Roman Empire" and "English Horn, " where not one single word is true. They're not pilots, they're not "for" anything, and they wouldn't know the truth if it got rammed up their sorry backsides.
Or Meals Ready to Eat?

Spelling lesson: ad nauseam; ad infinitum; noun form of "lose" = "losing," not "loosing"; you are = you're
Jennie C. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 11:00 AM   #7
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

I challenged JDX (Rob Balsamo) to a debate about flight 77 hitting the Pentagon. He first accepted, then said I should be executed and deleted the thread in which I posted my debate proposal. That was the second time he called for my execution. And he's their leader. Who would like to join me in a chorus of hallelujahs that this creep is no longer in command of passenger planes?
Old 15th March 2007, 11:05 AM   #8
HeyLeroy
Vegan Cannibal

I was a member there and put up with a fair bit of abuse before I was banned. I was accused of inciting racial hatred! HA! ME?

They moved my thread to the "Debate" section, which you can't see unless you're a member and logged in. I'll fire up my sock and show you guys the post that got me banned.
I ♣ my baby Harp Seal.
HeyLeroy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 11:07 AM   #9
Calcas
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
I challenged JDX (Rob Balsamo) to a debate about flight 77 hitting the Pentagon. He first accepted, then said I should be executed and deleted the thread in which I posted my debate proposal. That was the second time he called for my execution. And he's their leader. Who would like to join me in a chorus of hallelujahs that this creep is no longer in command of passenger planes?
Hallelujah is right. He's so nuts I've thought about reporting him through my contacts with the FAA if he ever says he's flying again.

I mean he may have been capable and medically qualified to fly at one time. But from what I've seen and read from him in the past few months I honestly feel he would pose a threat to the safety of his passengers.
Calcas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 11:12 AM   #10
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jennie C. View Post
Or Meals Ready to Eat?

So you do not like the freeze dried Strawberries? You add water, place in freezer, and you can have some desert after the SCUD attack at 2am.

Or wrap your pork delight around the coffee maker and steal/beg/borrow some bread from an Arab, and have hot pork sandwich before desert. Do not tell the Arab what you are having.

The chief pilot at PFT is the censor NAZI, like the soup NAZI. On his youtube videos I was banned. "No comment for you"!

At his web site forum http://z9.invisionfree.com/Pilots_For_Truth/ he bans quickly and you can ask questions never.

I never thought about it, but he has not flow real jets. I think all his flying has been done in props. He does not understand how easy a real jet is too fly. I am not telling a lie! Push throttle up go faster, push it all the way up and go too fast. He is just trying to be the Dylan Avery of Pilots. But gee the flying stuff has too much Jargon and Acronyms to sell videos. Who wants to hear KCAS, KIAS, CCIP, ARCP, DME, VOR, TACAN, ATC, TCAS, FMC, VVI, NM, miles that have 6067 feet in them, and other really neat stuff for pilots but crap for ordinary normal people.

He has added 4 pilots in the past months. Go check out the nuts and make sure no one hired them! You may want to stay away from these guys and machines with moving parts. http://pilotsfor911truth.org/core.html -- I would not fly with these guys.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 11:16 AM   #11
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by B-Man View Post

Anyway, if you get a big enough pool of people, you can find someone that'll tell you anything. E.g. I bet if I looked long enough, I'd find a priest that doesn't believe in God.
What was your name there? I think I was reading your stuff. Some very rational people post there and vanish. I was reading a few posts that were very good, and JDX trashed them. Some he has left, but you have to sign up to see. There are a lot of topics you can not see without signing up.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 11:39 AM   #12
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

So am I right to assume that most of the work getting done on their main site is done by JDX? Such as the FDR-claims?

/S
Old 15th March 2007, 11:42 AM   #13
Anti-sophist
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by SLOB View Post
So am I right to assume that most of the "work" getting done on the main site is done by JDX? Such as the FDR-claims?

/S
He has at least 2 (very) amateur "computer experts", whatever that means, that help him. My suspicion is most of the work is done by UnderTow and JDX makes most of the claims. It usually takes them a few months to even understand what the other is saying. Typically, UnderTow says one thing, JDX hears something else.. and JDX runs around the conspirosphere giving press releases of their new "findings"... never realizing that's not what they found, at all. Eventually they settle on a mutual delusion, and that's where we come in. They typically go through several rounds of refinement because they aren't smart to realize what they are actually looking at.

He also works with Lyte and Merc (the PentaCON jokers) and uses their eye-witness accounts because, when properly cherry picked, it supports his delusions.
Old 15th March 2007, 12:18 PM   #14
HeyLeroy
Vegan Cannibal

I introduced myself like this:

Originally Posted by me@P4TF
Hey, all.
I don't think I'll be too popular around here, as I haven't seen anything that backs up any of the multivarious conspiracy hypotheses, but I'll do my part to debate politely. I'm not here to flame.
Oh, also, before I saw the note that 'my kind' have to stick to the "Debate" subforum I posted a thread in the "Pentagon" subforum.
Sorry about that; could a moderator kindly move it to the appropriate location?
The thread was moved to the "debate" section and renamed "Hi, Im a govt loyalist."(I'm not even American!)
I got a reply from this guy:

Beached
Originally Posted by Beached@P4TF
Welcome aboard Leroy... however, I'm afraid that for your kind, segregation is the order of the day!

...unless of course you would like to put that huge cranium of yours toward working for our cause!
Here's some of the few responses I can cross-post without violating rule 8:
Originally Posted by Carl Bank@P4TF
HeyLeroy,

You are not the first of the J*R*E*F-Queer community who tries to tease us,
but by far the most boring one.

Wake me up, when you did at least a little research about... about anything.
About life, human nature, politics (basics are sufficient for the start-up), about
physics, about english grammar... you name it, just make a start.

and, btw: I answered detailed to your link with the silly animation about AA77 in
the Pentacon- thread and still wait for you to response.

Stay at one topic for the beginning. Beeing gay is no excuse for being inconsequent.
Originally Posted by johndoeX@P4TF
Dude.. im just playing with you now.. i will ban you eventually because of the fact you are a foreigner who supports the govt story and the Patriot Act has no bearing on your life while trying to get genuine Americans with legit questions to buy the govt fairy tale...
"We were set up to fail... alot of people of things to hide.. almost 100 People!" - Lee Hamilton.
When a foreigner comes in here to tell us Americans to accept that it is ok if the 9/11 Commission was set up to fail.. i really think its none of your business and you should perhaps stick to your own country and their laws/rules/lies.
So, enjoy your stay as we play with you.. you will be banned when i feel i want to.
But painter may come in a do it long before i get the motivation to go into the admin cp. Im kinda being lazy right now.. wink.gif
We welcome those foreigners who try to help us get answers. We despise foreigners like you who try to shove this govt story crap down our throats.
Irony alert:
Originally Posted by Beached
Could it be merely a coincidence that the majority of those who defend the official fairytale are the most obnoxious, vitriolic, offensive sumbags you could ever come across? Way to sell a story! laugh.gif
After a lot of abuse from him and others I posted this:
Quote:
Oh, ha-ha! I just saw the title you guys put under my avatar[ Jerk-off Loyalist Turd]. You guys are too funny!

Don't worry, I can take being herded into the "debate" ghetto and wearing the little yellow 'juden' star you've sown to my lapel. Heck, I can even see your 'final solution' for me written on the wall.
I got banned, and this reply from JohndoeX:
Originally Posted by johndoeX@P4TF
Now you're banned for lying and trying to incite racial hate speak. We do not condone that here.

We have many jewish members here and within our families. Many who do not agree with Zionists.
So, was I "trying to incite racial hate speak"?
I ♣ my baby Harp Seal.
HeyLeroy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 12:20 PM   #15
Calcas
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Anti-sophist View Post
He has at least 2 (very) amateur "computer experts", whatever that means, that help him. My suspicion is most of the work is done by UnderTow and JDX makes most of the claims. It usually takes them a few months to even understand what the other is saying. Typically, UnderTow says one thing, JDX hears something else.. and JDX runs around the conspirosphere giving press releases of their new "findings"... never realizing that's not what they found, at all. Eventually they settle on a mutual delusion, and that's where we come in. They typically go through several rounds of refinement because they aren't smart to realize what they are actually looking at.

He also works with Lyte and Merc (the PentaCON jokers) and uses their eye-witness accounts because, when properly cherry picked, it supports his delusions.
The "conspirosphere."

Calcas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 02:08 PM   #16
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
What was your name there? I think I was reading your stuff. Some very rational people post there and vanish. I was reading a few posts that were very good, and JDX trashed them. Some he has left, but you have to sign up to see. There are a lot of topics you can not see without signing up.
B-Man doesn't post here a lot, but I think he is Billzilla. He's the bloke who got me started in this whole CT business by tearing JDX to pieces at the old LC forum. I still get a chuckle when I think about that thread.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 02:21 PM   #17
CHF
Illuminator

I said Hallelujah and Praise the Lord!!!
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 03:07 PM   #18
mailman
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
B-Man doesn't post here a lot, but I think he is Billzilla. He's the bloke who got me started in this whole CT business by tearing JDX to pieces at the old LC forum. I still get a chuckle when I think about that thread.
I personally know Billzilla from his days when he was flying for Air Pacific in New Zealand.

Bloody stand up bloke that...just a pity he is Australian!

Regards

Mailman

Last edited by mailman; 15th March 2007 at 03:11 PM.
mailman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 03:34 PM   #19
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

E.g. I bet if I looked long enough, I'd find a priest that doesn't believe in God.
Actually funny you should say that...

I once heard a story from a preacher who was telling of his days in the seminary. Apparently the first question they were asked is "Who believes in God." Several didn't put up their hands. Later he was chatting to one of them and asked about it, "Why are you here is you don't believe in God." That answer? "I heard the money was good."

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 03:35 PM   #20
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mailman View Post
...just a pity he is Australian!

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 03:39 PM   #21
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

oops wrong thread
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 03:48 PM   #22
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
oops wrong thread
Uh-huh! We're supposed to believe that?
Old 15th March 2007, 03:51 PM   #23
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

I followed that thread in the "Debate" (the term is very loosely applied at P4T) section HeyLeroy. Mostly I was curious to see when you would actually get banned. IIRC no one actually attempted much of a debate with you. Seems they were mostly concerned about your sexual orientation, political affiliation and life history.

I truly got a chuckle out of :
Quote:
Wake me up, when you did at least a little research about... <<snip>> physics, about english grammar....

and, btw: I answered detailed to your link with the silly animation about AA77 in
the Pentacon- thread and still wait for you to response.

Stay at one topic for the beginning. Beeing gay is no excuse for being inconsequent.
Perhaps checking into grammar and spelling would be in order for Carl.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 05:38 PM   #24
apathoid

I got banned for not disclosing my real name.....

So it would seem that D'oh had to circumvent his own rules just to ban 'lil ol me. As far as I could tell no else had a problem with me, and I broke absolutely none of the posted rules....

Last edited by apathoid; 15th March 2007 at 05:41 PM.
apathoid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2007, 05:52 PM   #25
Anti-sophist
Graduate Poster

Hahha, I didn't realize one of his rules is that 'harassing people' for their real info is forbidden. That's so ironic given his "TELL ME WHO YOU ARE SO I CAN FIGHT YOU" approach to 'professional' debate.
Old 15th March 2007, 06:14 PM   #26
apathoid

Originally Posted by Anti-sophist View Post
Hahha, I didn't realize one of his rules is that 'harassing people' for their real info is forbidden. That's so ironic given his "TELL ME WHO YOU ARE SO I CAN FIGHT YOU" approach to 'professional' debate.
I think the rule is worded poorly, I think he means:

"Debunkers, JREFers and other assorted government loyalist scum are not allowed to ask our members for their qualifications. However, we may demand that said loyalist scum disclose not only their qualifications, but their real names, so we can call them at their homes repeatedly to badger them into some kind of recorded debate."
apathoid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2007, 01:14 AM   #27
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Didn't we have to do some pretty serious digging to find out who JDX was in the first place? We basically forced him to admit it. If we hadn't he'd still be hiding befind "JohnDoeX."

And THEN, after all that, he has the stones to say "I'm not afraid to put my name on my work."
Old 16th March 2007, 01:28 AM   #28
stilicho
Trurl's Electronic Bard

There's little doubt that, if these 'truthers' ever came to power, there would be widespread executions. I don't know if that means you ought to be flattered, scared, or just bewildered.

For all the talk of 'world peace' I've witnessed from 9/11 'truthers' they have to be the most sanguine individuals I've ever known.
stilicho is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2007, 01:38 AM   #29
ref
Master Poster

They make unpleasant views disappear. They live in a total lie.

It good to have another pilot among us. Can we get also your professional view on the flight maneuvres of the hijackers? Does the loop performed by Hani Hanjour, or the hijackers' ability to control their planes and hit their targets surprise you at all? I think we know the answer.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2007, 02:12 AM   #30
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by ref View Post
They make unpleasant views disappear. They live in a total lie.

It good to have another pilot among us. Can we get also your professional view on the flight maneuvres of the hijackers? Does the loop performed by Hani Hanjour, or the hijackers' ability to control their planes and hit their targets surprise you at all? I think we know the answer.
There was a long thread on the old LC Forum in the Skeptics section where B-Man posting as Billzilla discussed this at length with JDX. He schooled JDX on some very basic pilot stuff until JDX threatened to "Introduce him to the second amendment". A textbook case of CT madness.

Oh BTW are the pilots still selling BBQ aprons? I have a friend who might like one.
Old 16th March 2007, 02:19 AM   #31
jhunter1163

Ah, yes, the good ol' days on the old LC. I have to say, Bill's schooling of JDX was one of the most thorough and complete schoolings I have ever witnessed. Bill obviously had full command of the facts, and JDX was lucky to have full command of his rectum after Bill was done.
Old 16th March 2007, 02:25 AM   #32
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
Ah, yes, the good ol' days on the old LC. I have to say, Bill's schooling of JDX was one of the most thorough and complete schoolings I have ever witnessed. Bill obviously had full command of the facts, and JDX was lucky to have full command of his rectum after Bill was done.
I did enjoy the way Bill kept popping back in after every time JDX banned him. I'm generally not a fan of sock-puppetry, but when people like JDX are wielding the ban hammer I think it is justified(and funny).
Old 16th March 2007, 02:31 AM   #33
jhunter1163

I'm not in favor of sock-puppetry either, except in extreme circumstances such as you describe. That whole thread was chock full of comedy gold. Shame it's gone where good threads go to die...
Old 16th March 2007, 02:36 AM   #34
apathoid

This was Bill's blaze o' glory.
Caution, this post may contain language unsuitable for minors, parental guidance is suggested.

Originally Posted by Billzilla
Made my last post on the JDX Looser Pilot forum.
Here is is .... I wanted to be nasty, 'cause he's been a right dickhead on it.
------------------

This is likely to be my last post here, as I'm really not interested in arguing with idiots. It's pointless as JDX is not mentally equipped to understand what is being discussed. I am also going to post a copy of this on the JREF forum because I know it'll be edited here to make JDX look like less than the total ass he really is. You can delete it, change it, anything at all , you'll still be on record and can't escape it.
So, I'll go in a blaze of glory.
Nope.
I was responding directly to what you wrote on the Youtube site and not from anywhere else. That much is obvious to those that can read and understand English. And no, you're wrong in when saying that an AA 757 would have a normal descent rate of 3,500 – 4,000 fpm. A real airline pilot knows that virtually all airliners descend at 290KIAS to 310KIAS and virtually all use the 'three-to-one' profile for planning descent. That means that the descent rate is very much the same for all airliners. True, it varies with altitude, but not to over double the typical value. But again they vary, for example the Airbus A-330 uses a 4-to-1 descent path, so at the same indicated airspeed the descent rate will be less. This is due to the low wing loading.
I am very familiar with small jets such as Lears. Like with your childish change of one of my handles to 'Alan Cessnadriver', I am more than happy to admit I flew thousands of hours in Cessna's - 150's, 152's, 172's, 182's, 206'2, 210's, 310's, 340's, 402's, 500's, and 550's. I have most of my time in the Captain's seat of a Citation 2 (C-550) though, and AFAIK the youngest Citation Captain in the country. So yes, I do know about small jets, and your attempt at an insult just makes you look even more childish and ignorant.
You see, yet again you're confusing two different things and trying to make them the same point – There's a normal descent and the 4,000 fpm one that the 757 did. 4,000 fpm is in excess of the normal descent rate, but well within the capabilities of a 757, especially with the very high airspeed. You do know that high airspeeds allow for high descent rates, don't you? It's simple physics.
Yes, but you're really stupid. You see, it's hard to tell when you're choosing to type something stupid or not intending to do so. So it's a mistake that's easily made by anyone that reads your rubbish, you should be used to it by now.
Um no. How about we post some of the places where Google Earth is wrong, really wrong. I had a look around the hotel where I'm sitting right now as I type this, and as I run the pointer up the hill around the corner the elevation goes up ..... then down as the pointer gets to the top of the hill.
My own house I know to be hundreds of feet in error.
A really good one is when I ran the pointer over the intersection where the first pole was hit by the 757, near the Pentagon. The east/west(ish) road that runs physically below the north/south(ish) road comes up as being physically three feet higher than the road above it. An Escher reality ... ?
No, it's called 'inaccurate'.
Now JDX this is a funny thing that you need to know about, and it's called 'scientific method'. What you and the other CT morons do is just look for the data & information you want to find, then say “Ah-ha!!! This is proof!” You pre-decide to ignore anything that might contradict that, and that's poor science. So while you can jump up & down and claim “it's a conspiracy!!!” all you like, you should not attempt to use your selective proofs as they are just plain wrong.
Now you may not (want to) understand this, so I'll use an analogy - You're an idiot and are pretty much wrong all the time. However, very occasionally you're right. (Though this is most likely an accident or sheer random luck) Because you don't understand how the proof thing works, you think you're right all the time, but everyone else knows you're wrong - Even the people you haven't banned yet. (Oh that's right, you've had your moderator privileges removed, 'cause in the modern vernacular, you really suck) This is poor science, as you do not look at all the evidence.
( I doubt you'll understand this point)
Perhaps another example is how every time we 'discuss' something, I am right and you are wrong. Now this doesn't mean I'm right all the time, but I do a pretty good job, all things considered.
No, they don't. As I explained earlier – in a very simple fashion I thought was pretty clear – you don't need to correct for barometric pressure. So I'll try again and use crayons so you might understand.
We know that the 757 hit the Pentagon at such-and-such a height.
We know the descent path of the 757 in both forward and vertical speed.
So, working backwards from that, We can plot the flight path pretty accurately.
Now we already know that the elevation data from Google Earth is as useful as a truckload of dehydrated water, so we have to use something that is better than a half-arsed guess. Fortunately, the good people at the JREF forum have given me the elevation of the area as being pretty much exactly as I predicted.
So the theory of the 757 not hitting the poles is utterly dead and buried. You can try to twist it any way you like, but the numbers are good and proven.
And as was mentioned elsewhere, the fact that the AA 757 was seen by many witnesses to fly right where the poles where, then into the Pentagon where it was seen to explode. Then later on, 757 wreckage was found at the site, and later still DNA from the passengers identified.
So it's kinda hard to understand what else could have possibly gone on.
Oh, and perhaps of importance is that although a heap of people saw the 757 hit the building, if it was supposed to fly over and miss it, why did no-one at all see it leave the scene? Now because you're not very bright I doubt you'll pick that the previous sentence is a rhetorical one.
No it's not.
You see, you're guessing again and you're wrong. You just assume that 4,000 fpm is pretty steep when it's not. It feels like it in the plane, but from outside the angle is something like a 9° angle at that speed. So it's not steep at all.
Well the small man here would be you.
Who is the incurable hypocrite that has banned me here, for being unprofessional, making personal insults, etc? Well, that's you, you petty little tyrant.
I did nothing here that remotely broke any rules, yet you felt the need to ban me for absolutely no good reason. But since you're determined to make it personal, I have gone out of my way here to return the favour.
I used large fonts as a joke on the Looser forum because other Loosers used it to make strong points. I normally don't have to resort to that but I thought I'd just try to fit in a little better. Make you feel at home, that sort of thing. I used it on the JREF forum to try to get you to understand that I had no intention of making trouble here, but since you clearly want it, here it is.

So how are you an idiot?
Let us count the ways.
On the Looser forum, I made a simple post about how it would be possible to use a marker pen to make the job of hitting the Pentagon very easy. I described two different uses for that system, one was teaching people to turn an aeroplane and the other other to aid in hitting a target.
Let's make it a little story. It's not meant to be word-for-word accurate but it's essentially correct. I'm just doing it this way 'cause it's funny.
Bill: Describes how to use marker dot to hit target.
JDX: “That won't work!! Different airspeeds will change the pitch angle so you'll miss!”
Bill: “Nope, keep the dot on the target and you'll hit it. It's really simple to understand.”
JDX: “Not it won't!!!”
(gap)
JDX: Makes new thread on the Pprune aviation forum about this. Everyone (apart from him) immediately understands it and says it's right. Including a couple of guys from the military, one of which really is a rocket scientist and specialises in anti-aircraft missiles. JDX still doesn't understand, and still doesn't to this day.
Ooh, then later you mentioned that all the guys in the crew room got a good laugh out of the marker pen trick. So how is that if you're too stupid to understand such a simple thing, how can you possibly explain it so it makes sense to anyone? Anyone at all?
(later)
JDX: “If you were a real pilot, you'd know what QB means!!!!”
Bill: “Never heard of it sorry.”
JDX: “HA!! Your not a pilot then!!! How about slam-click?!?!?!”
Bill: “Nope. Dude, I'm not an American, I don't know American slang. I don't fly there, I don't work there, I rarely work with them.”
JDX: “HA!!! Your not a pilot then!!
JDX: Makes more US-specific slang phrases.
Bill: About eleventy billion times tells JDX that he's not from the US, so he's never heard of them before. Considers using a heap of Aussie slang phrases, but already knows that such a subtle point would be completely lost on such an idiot.

(later)
JDX: Still carrying on about Bill not really being a pilot, despite a lot of people confirming this from several different sources. One guy even says specifically which airline I work for, and that I'm a 747 Captain, but JDX kinda misses or ignores that and keeps going. Makes threats about turning Bill into the FAA.
Bill: Another eleventy billion times says that he doesn't live, work, or fly in the US and has nothing to do with the FAA.

(later)

JDX: Getting fed up with getting his arse kicked every which-way, “Gonna use Ammendment two on you!!!”
Bill: (For about the eleventy billionth time says, “I'm not an American, I don't know what that means.”
JDX: Carries on anyway, ignoring the many many many times that Bill's said that.
Someone Else: Explains that Ammendment2 is something to do with the people being armed with big guns & the like. So it seems that out big hero JDX solves his problems by shooting them full of holes with a penis substitute.

There was more, but I couldn't be arsed going on as to how stupid he is.
So what have other people got to say about the stupid things he's said? Let's go to the videotape .....
Oops, kinda forgot that real airline pilots know this, did we?
The little bag that you carry your headphones to the 172 in can't carry a uniform, maybe you got them confused .... ?
How surprising. Again no real knowledge of what really goes on inside a real airliner.
And one of my favourites ...
Wow, the guy that replaced you as a moderator having a go at you. So why exactly did you get kicked off the mod team? The answer is of course exactly what Russell wrote.
You just ignore or delete or ban anything that you don't want to hear. That's poor science and a very poor way of doing research. School children do more thorough work than that.
In short, you're just trying to reinforce your own little fantasies.
Now one from JDX himself
So you really have no idea that civilian radar is totally different to military radar? I'm really at a loss to describe how massively ignorant that is.
We'll just leave it as 'stupid'.
How about this little jem?
(my bold font)
So you claim to be an airline pilot, yet have never heard of ACARS? That's seriously hard to believe. Pretty much every modern airline for the last ten or twenty years has used it on many of their aeroplanes. How about SELCAL? Heard of that arcane device?
This whole thing just demonstrates that you are just not to be trusted to produce anything that can be trusted. There's serious doubt that you're an airline pilot as you have shown again and again you know little of what really goes on behind the scenes in an airline. There are many that doubt you're a real pilot as well, and to be sure there is quite a lot of good evidence of this.
But of one thing there is not the slightest doubt.
You're an incurable idiot. You are an idiot now, and are likely to be for the rest of your unfortunately pathetic life.

Like so many conspiracy theory people in times past, the 11/9 nutters will be remembered as sad little people, trying to push their sad little dreams of fantasy onto people. They will be laughed at and scorned for decades to come .... but a few people will stand out as the ringleaders of falsehood and objects of scorn. One of course will be Avery, and another will be JDX. JDX will be mostly remembered for his tyranical and extremely hypocritical views of 11/9. He will be a source of amusement and disgust for many thousands of people for many years to come. The legend of his stupidity will live on for people to laugh at.

Goodbye, and let all those who by various misfortunes make posts here please realise your mistake and, yes, blame the government for 11/9 – But not for organising it, but for not recognising it was coming.

Billzilla.
-----

How's that read?
This post is, of course, gone
Old 16th March 2007, 02:51 AM   #35
ref
Master Poster

Thanks for that info, guys. Great post by Bill.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2007, 05:25 AM   #36
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

It seems I've been missing a lot of action... A pity it seems JDXs original claims were lost when you transfered that post to here m8.

Could someone summarize what's been going on between JDX and umm others? (A short, or lenghty if you feel like it, "whos' who" and "whats' what" deal, for us who weren't here (and there apparently) at the time?

Cheers
S
Old 16th March 2007, 06:07 AM   #37
Obviousman
Muse

Someone has claimed that JDX has 'stolen" the identity of a real pilot. I do not accept this without substantial proof.

I do accept however that JDX is seriously lacking in the basics and is very lucky he got himself grounded before he ended up as an aluminium rainshower.

He has said on more than one occasion that he 'volunteered' his services to the USAF after 9/11 but was told to continue his airline career. Considering his age, I'm pretty sure this was a "go away and don't bother us" type of reply.

Little White Lies.......
Obviousman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2007, 06:45 AM   #38
skepticalcriticalguy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
I think I've said this before, but I like it so much I'll shamelessly repeat it: "Pilots for Truth" is one of those names, like "Holy Roman Empire" and "English Horn, " where not one single word is true.
Like "Help America Vote Act" and "Patriot Act."
skepticalcriticalguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2007, 06:48 AM   #39
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by skepticalcriticalguy View Post
Except for the word "Act", which is used correctly in both.

Not very good at this, are you?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2007, 06:55 AM   #40
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by skepticalcriticalguy View Post
I think your skepticalcriticalguy is more ironic, just like the liars in the "truth movement". Good Morning

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories