IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ny911truth , nist , ground zero , gravy , 911 conspiracy theory

Old 27th March 2007, 06:55 PM   #1
Kryptos
Critical Thinker

Video: Truthers at GZ try to explain "official" story

It's been a while since I showed up on a Saturday at GZ. In December, Gravy and I showed up and took some video, trying to find out if the troofers even know what the official story is that they are questioning. One we spoke with hadn't even heard of NIST.

See the video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...65725629547637
Kryptos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2007, 07:11 PM   #2
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Love Luke reassuring Gravy that he's not a scientist!

ETA: As always, when watching this stuff I am convinced that Gravy is the WTC 1 & 2 of 9-11 Debunking and I am St. Nick's Cathedral.

Last edited by Brainster; 27th March 2007 at 07:29 PM.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2007, 07:17 PM   #3
The Almond
Graduate Poster

Hats off to you Gravy, you have far more patience than I could muster in the face of such deliberate ignorance.
Old 27th March 2007, 07:35 PM   #4
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Thanks, Kate! Great Job.

Luke, when asked for the umpteenth time if he knows NIST's conclusions about the tower collapses:

"I'm not a wizard."

Originally Posted by The Almond View Post
Hats off to you Gravy, you have far more patience than I could muster in the face of such deliberate ignorance.
Thanks. My patience varies a lot. The bearded guy, Brian, was new and deserving of patience, although he was handing out literature that says the NIST report is hogwash, yet he had never heard of the NIST report.

But people like Luke (one of ny911truth's organizers, and leader of a 9/11 youth group) had heard these questions and explanations from me for six months, and still couldn't even be bothered to read NIST's FAQ, much less delve into the actual report. That bothers me a lot. I do sometimes lose my temper when people like that stand at Ground Zero and tell me that they've remained ignorant by choice.
Old 27th March 2007, 07:41 PM   #5
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

"They keep changing it"...

Supreme ignorance right there.
The Doc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2007, 07:42 PM   #6
slugmancs
Scholar

Clearly a FBI scumbag paid to spread disinformation... No but really, you have to be one of the most knowledgable people on the official story and explaining it to these people seems to be your forte. I liked your "debate" with Bermas and silent Bob and this is more greatness from you, thank you for using your powers for good and not evil.

Also, where are all of these demolition experts and physicists? Does he mean Steven 'everyone in the world is lying but me' Jones and Mr. Jowenko who did not assess WTC 1 or 2 that way, only WTC 7 and that was only because he was told there was no damage to it prior to the collapse.

P.S. I'm going to NYC in May, do they do this EVERY (the twoofers, not the savior) saturday?

Quote:
Thats how they do science
Best quote ever.

Last edited by slugmancs; 27th March 2007 at 07:51 PM.
slugmancs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2007, 07:54 PM   #7
A W Smith
Philosopher

a little over Nine mins into the video the garbage truck appears

favorite part was the white garbage truck coming up the street behind Brian's back to collect all their literature.
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Don’t get me lol’n off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2007, 08:02 PM   #8
munki?
Scholar

Wow... Kudos to those who go down to ground zero and actually talk with those folks face to face. It was interesting to see their reactions. It's so easy to be smarmy and impatient with faceless binary representations of individuals on the internet. One can be methodical about answers. It's really interesting to watch them stammer over their conditioned responses in a personal encounter. It's almost like verbal flailing.

Again, outstanding. Keep it up.
munki? is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2007, 09:26 PM   #9
hellaeon
Graduate Poster

Very conditioned responses. You almost have to sit down and talk about basics of primary school science to have them understand other concepts. Like Brians idea that steel needs to melt (yeah we heard that one 500 times) to break. His responses where so conditioned.

I cant believe people cant even grasp this concept. It is so basic. To me these guys are just uneducated drop outs with a hatred for the government. Or just lazy to learn.

Who is that batcrazy old bloke? he would be so annoying to come across. I seen him on other videos
hellaeon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2007, 09:52 PM   #10
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

I had to laugh at the guy that said he'd heard it all on Southpark and they should have left it there.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2007, 10:06 PM   #11
Minadin
Master Poster

Originally Posted by hellaeon View Post
Who is that batcrazy old bloke? he would be so annoying to come across. I seen him on other videos
That's that LIHOP / MIHOP song guy.

"What do you mean you saw them!?!?"
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2007, 11:48 PM   #12
Mobyseven
Philosopher

Is there a way to download this?

I usually end up watching the videos on my iPod, as a lot of my time on my PC is spent doing work/studying. (The browser is usually in the background.)
Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2007, 11:53 PM   #13
Alareth
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Minadin View Post
That's that LIHOP / MIHOP song guy.

"What do you mean you saw them!?!?"

I JUST got that song out of my head from yesterday.....

**Adds Minadin to the "People to kill" list**
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2007, 03:48 PM   #14
Kryptos
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Mobyseven View Post
Is there a way to download this?

I usually end up watching the videos on my iPod, as a lot of my time on my PC is spent doing work/studying. (The browser is usually in the background.)
Should be downloadable now.
Kryptos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2007, 03:57 PM   #15
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

I remember when I first started university, how cool I thought it was to be a part of something that others my age were a part of, and how it was cool to rage against the establishment...I don't know but when I was his age I might have been easily swooned into the 9/11 truth shaite.

I feel bad for these guys, because when they become responsible adults, and see the err of their ways, they will feel so ****** about what they are doing now.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2007, 04:03 PM   #16
CHF
Illuminator

Good Lord, Brian's a complete twit!

He doesn't seem to understand the difference between "weaken" and "melt."
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2007, 04:15 PM   #17
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Was that page in Dutch before? Or did my preferences somehow get reset?
Old 28th March 2007, 04:48 PM   #18
The Silver Shadow
Graduate Poster

Brian didn't seem too much like a truther that I've ever encountered. He was actually willing to listen to facts and was definetely curious. He kind of went with the creed of the truth movement to ask questions and demand answers, and he certainly got his answers...
I've accomplished more without film school than most people, such as yourself, will EVER accomplish. Period. Jealousy is a bitch, and I'm sorry you're experiencing it, but don't spew ******** like that and expect to not be corrected. This is why you were banned from my forums in the first place.
- Dylan Avery on the budget of his film.
The Silver Shadow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2007, 05:07 PM   #19
Arus808
Philosopher

I love how Brian states before each claim he makes "scientists" says this "engineers" says that "demolitionists" say this, but can't even name one to back up his claims.

When you want to make a point, you should also be able to name off those that support your claims so that people can see who is claiming what and why.

ETA : and there goes Gravy, naming of experts as if he knew them personally ^_~

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

Last edited by Arus808; 28th March 2007 at 05:56 PM.
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2007, 05:51 PM   #20
FactCheck
Muse

Gravy, you have the patience of a god!

I'd really, REALLY like to talk to you about a project I'm trying to put together. E-me at debunk911@hotmail.com You may know me from debunking911.com
FactCheck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2007, 06:05 PM   #21
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Excellent work, Kate! Thanks for posting the video. And kudos to you, Gravy - your patience with these people is remarkable indeed, surpassed only by your ability to provide quick and knowledgeable reference to verifiable facts and evidence with ease.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2007, 07:01 PM   #22
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by LashL View Post
Excellent work, Kate! Thanks for posting the video. And kudos to you, Gravy - your patience with these people is remarkable indeed, surpassed only by your ability to provide quick and knowledgeable reference to verifiable facts and evidence with ease.
Thanks. You know what the silly thing is? As far as most of the regulars go, I may as well just make everything up. They rarely listen, and never check anything. Maybe I'll start doing that. It's a lot easier than remembering stuff. (Which they well know, of course!)
Old 28th March 2007, 09:15 PM   #23
Totovader
Game Warden

It's an amazing left-right punch: if you can get them to the point where they have to admit to themselves that they have no basis for their claim, you can actually present the basic facts and destroy all their silly "evidence".

It takes an amazing amount of skill to be able to do that in person.

It always floors me to watch how they constantly contradict themselves:

"The official story is a bunch of lies, it was a controlled demolition- just look at it!"

What information is the official story based on? What are the facts of the official story?

"We don't know... that's why we need an investigation!"

But there was one, and the conclusion was published in a very extensive and complete document back in 2005.

"Yeah, but they kept changing the story!"

That level of delusion and hypocrisy is specially reserved for the conspiracists.

Totovader's 9/11 Conspiracy Challenge Still unanswered!
Totovader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories