ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 5th May 2007, 11:33 AM   #1
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Cryptomundo censors JREF members participation.

In relation to bigfoot related blogs cryptomundo.com has begun censoring, deleting, quarantining, etc the participation of JREF informed bigfoot skeptics. In the current main BF thread here member William Parcher drew attention to prolific crypto poster DWA who frequently misrepresents and maligns BF skepticism. Since that time three JREF informed BF skeptics including myself have attempted to participate at cryptomundo and have been censored. I have on a number of occasions civilly appealed to the website for an explanation. I have received two replies from blogger Craig Woolheater who has since ignored calls for specific explanation. Further specifics can be found in the current main BF thread starting from page 102. It is well known among JREF informed BF skeptics that cryptomundo bloggers observe BF discussions at the JREF.

I have made the following post to Craig in his thread Why There Has to be a Sasquatch at cryptomundo:

Quote:
Craig, why do you feign the appearance of an invitation to open dialogue on the subject of bigfoot when you and others here at cryptomundo censor the input of skeptics? It's fantastically and shamefully blatant as evidenced by your actions towards JREF affiliated posters. You've censored my participation and ignored polite requests for an explanation as to the specific reason. Go ahead and delete this as you have so many others but you are busted. I look forward to any attempts at insinuating our comments were disrespectful or unrelated. I am saving this comment and starting a thread specifically devoted to cryptomundo censorship at the JREF. Shame on you for your ridiculous censorship. Good luck silencing the sound of the whistle blowing.
Clearly cryptomundo has much to fear from organized informed BF skepticism but does their best to feign otherwise.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 5th May 2007 at 11:48 AM. Reason: 'received'
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 02:55 PM   #2
Correa Neto
Philosopher

"Organized informed BF skepticism" is this somehow part of Tai Chi's "Organized Skeptic Movment"? I would not use the terms "organized" and ""movement"... We're not a movment neither are organized. You know, maybe some would even think skeptics are part of some sort of conspiracy to hide "teh truth" about bigfoot...

Aniway, chances are you would receive a similar treatment at some other places.

The funny thing is that a certain pro-bigfoot poster said here your attitude there could be considered as there trolling. This would only be true if they understand by "trolling" swimming against the tide at a forum. The posts of yours I saw had no ad homs, appeals to authority, ignorance and pity and attempts to obfuscate and/or evade - some of the tell-tale signs of a troll.

Yes, you went there with a specific purpose (at least that was the impression I had)- to expose arguments against the use of the word scoffic and to present a skeptical POV. This could only be considered trolling IF your real intentions were to create disruption in their community.

Most of the bigfoot defenders that showed up here do ehxibited trolling behavior. Some sooner, some later. When labelled as trolls, they usually said they were being called trolls just because their were presenting a minoritary POV. However, they seemed to forget their ad homs, appeals to authority, ignorance and pity and attempts to obfuscate and/or evade. The level of verbal abuse sometimes was staggering, and despite of this their arguments and reasonings never were censured.

And yet, you are the censored troll at cryptomundo... That's one of the reasons why I don't even bother registering at similar places. Why I lurk at those places? Because I love monster tales and can't help but tender the dim hope that maybe someday they will show something reliable to back a crypto. Same reason I lurk UFO sites.

Do they have something on their forum rules AGAINST contesting their POVs? OK, its private, the owners can do whatever they want, but explicit rules are better than the implicit ones. Beter state that its a "believers-only" place before teatching the secret handshake...
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 03:43 PM   #3
T'ai Chi
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Correa Neto View Post
"Organized informed BF skepticism" is this somehow part of Tai Chi's "Organized Skeptic Movment"? I would not use the terms "organized" and ""movement"... We're not a movment neither are organized. .
Then you're drastically misinformed, given that skeptical writers themselves refer to skepticism as a movement. Although I can see how it is fun for some to think that everybody, except them of course, are part of a movement and something larger..

What the OP needs to do is make a distinction between 'censors JREF members' and 'censors JREF forum members', two totally different things.
T'ai Chi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 04:01 PM   #4
Czarcasm
Muse

Originally Posted by T'ai Chi View Post
Then you're drastically misinformed, given that skeptical writers themselves refer to skepticism as a movement. Although I can see how it is fun for some to think that everybody, except them of course, are part of a movement and something larger..

What the OP needs to do is make a distinction between 'censors JREF members' and 'censors JREF forum members', two totally different things.
And what you need to do is tell us why it makes any difference at all. Why should someone's posts be censored because of where they come from?
Old 5th May 2007, 05:06 PM   #5
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Oh, really?

Could you then please reduce my dramatic misinformation level by presenting evidence for and additional information about this organized skeptic movment?

A fluxogram, for example, with the CEO, board of directors, executives, managers, divisions, etc. as well as their roles?

The movment's mission, values, goals and visions?

Location?

How big it is? How many organizations? How do they interact?

You would not happen to know where and how I can enlist? Oh, and how big is the pay check, of course?

Oh, I almost forgot. What do you think of the behavior of that particular in respect to skepticism? Do you consider valid the censorship of opposing points of view?

And what are your opinions about the behavior ehxibited by the defenders of that particular fringe subject in respect to skeptics?
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 05:17 PM   #6
T'ai Chi
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, really?

Could you then please reduce my dramatic misinformation level by presenting evidence for and additional information about this organized skeptic movment?
No, I don't think I can reduce your misinformation even by supplying things which are well known to everyone.

Shermer and Kurtz have referred to it being a movement. Deal with it.
T'ai Chi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 05:33 PM   #7
Correa Neto
Philosopher

No, I don't think I can reduce your misinformation even by supplying things which are well known to everyone.

Everyone?
Then how come I don't know about this organized skeptic movment?

OK, lets suppose it was an allegory and you actually meant "these things are known by a lot of people". I am not one of them.
Would it be so hard for you to present some information about this organization?

As far as I know, many -if not most- forumnites are also misinformed. You could help us a lot to "deal with it" by presenting evidence and information about this organized movment.

And what about the issues listed below:
What do you think of the behavior of that particular forum in respect to skepticism? Do you consider valid the censorship of opposing points of view?

And what are your opinions about the behavior ehxibited by the defenders of that particular fringe subject in respect to skeptics?
Old 5th May 2007, 08:53 PM   #8
kitakaze

No, Correa's right. Bad choice of words on my part. When I was thinking 'organized' I was thinking of how our collective participation here benefits informed bigfoot skepticism and crypto-silliness skepticism in general. For those who participate and also those who don't. In hindsight it doesn't convey the impression I was trying to make. Also, I meant JREF forum members specifically.

In any event, Loren Coleman and Craig Woolheater are well aware that there was nothing akin to trolling in my participation at cryptomundo. I did make it clear when addressing a poster's question of why skeptics even bother showing up that it was not to be unexpected when members there assert that bigfoot skepticism is based on being misinformed on the subject.

kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 09:51 PM   #9
RayG
Master Poster

Oh, really?

Ask and ye shall receive. According to Michael Shermer on a Skeptic webpage, "The modern skeptical movement is a fairly recent phenomenon dating back to Martin Gardner’s 1952 classic, Fads and Fallacies In the Name of Science."

Quote:
A fluxogram, for example, with the CEO, board of directors, executives, managers, divisions, etc. as well as their roles?
You mean like this list of skeptical participants found inside the front cover of each Skeptical Inquirer issue? Paul Kurtz is the Chairman, and James Alcock, Barry Beyerstein, Kendrick Frazier, Martin Gardner, Ray Hyman, Joe Nickell, and Lee Nisbet are listed as members of the Executive Council. That webpage by the way, describes the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry (formerlly CSICOP) as an "International Organization".

Quote:
The movment's mission, values, goals and visions?
Like the ones stated here?

Quote:
Location?
All over the globe.

Quote:
How big it is? How many organizations? How do they interact?
See the link above for a partial list of organizations.

Quote:
You would not happen to know where and how I can enlist?
Depends on your location. You could start here, here, here, here, or this might be closer to your actual location. There are no shortage of skeptical groups and organizations, some of them even publish magazines like Skeptical Inquirer, Pensar, and Skeptic.

Quote:
Oh, and how big is the pay check, of course?
Depends on the group. Some skeptical groups don't have paid positions, some do.

Having said all that, I presently don't belong to any specific skeptical movement or organization, though I was a card-carrying member of Skeptics Quinte a few years ago (and a contributor to their message forum).

RayG
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2007, 03:44 AM   #10
Zep
Banned

Oh, you mean like there's an "organised peace movement". Or an "organised homeopathy movement". Or an "organised model train movement".

That is, they are nothing of the sort, Ray. Neither "organised" or a "movement".

There's just a bunch of localised groups of similar interests, dotted around the world. Maybe they share some things in common, but not always. And If you had been paying attention, you would have seen that rarely do any two have similar goals, and in fact many of them fight like two angry cats in a sack.

T'ai Chi is just trolling. I hope you are not too.
Zep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2007, 04:19 AM   #11
kitakaze

Originally Posted by Zep View Post
Zep, excuse my response to a statement not directly addressed to me. Since I rarely participate in any of the same threads as T'ai Chi I can't say much for him but I can for Ray. Considering that Correa and Ray are regular posters in the BF threads and that they agree on many points concerning the subject I'm quite confident that he wasn't trolling in drawing attention to a specific skeptical organization, JMHO. I really wish I had chosen my words in the OP more carefully.

What I really was hoping to do was draw attention to cryptomundo.com's skeptic censorship outside of a bigfoot thread. It's really rather blatant. Not that this is the deepest of observations but the actions of many bigfoot proponents mirror that of other fringe belief groups such as the truthers. Particularily some of the debate tactics they use, censorship of skeptics, and the assertion that the skeptical position is based on ignorance of their 'obvious truth' regardless of whether it's pan-continental 8ft hairy hominids or MIHOP/LIHOP CT's.

Old 6th May 2007, 04:29 AM   #12
Zep
Banned

You ain't seen blatant pre-emptive censoring until you have seen the Sylvia Browne and homeopathy forums. Honestly, after the banning frenzies subside, the only remaining members of some of these particular forums share the same family name. And sometimes not even that.
Zep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2007, 04:42 AM   #13
kitakaze

You ain't seen blatant pre-emptive censoring until you have seen the Sylvia Browne and homeopathy forums. Honestly, after the banning frenzies subside, the only remaining members of some of these particular forums share the same family name. And sometimes not even that.
How about St. Sylvia divines for us where the sasquatches are at and once we make contact they teach us their secret homeopathic bullet and bumper repellant recipe?

Old 6th May 2007, 05:22 AM   #14
Zep
Banned

We have pictures of the whole NCH forum membership...meeting in someone's sitting room. Any other person wanting to post either got sick of them after two or three posts and went elsewhere, or has gone publicly insane.

trVth!
Old 6th May 2007, 06:57 AM   #15
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Hey, Ray, thanks!

But I still can't see an organized skeptic movement... I still see the same thing, some organizations that are part what could be called a movement (a diffusely organized or heterogeneous group of people or organizations tending toward or favoring a generalized common goal: the antislavery movement; the realistic movement in art.- as in http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=movement). But the "movement" itself is not organized, as far as I -as well as many other forumnites (I guess the majority of them)- know.

I am skeptical about this "organized skeptic movement". Unless, of course, someone presents evidence that these organizations have made or are making continuous coordinated activities at a sufficient level say.

I am still eagerly awaiting T'ai Chi to reduce our dramatic misinformation level by showing evidence for this organized skeptic movement.
Old 6th May 2007, 07:18 AM   #16
kitakaze

I am skeptical about this "organized skeptic movement".
*stupid spooky voice* Which is why it never happened...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 6th May 2007, 07:36 AM   #17
Moochie
Philosopher

And why would you believe them? People often use such shorthand when referring to a group. That doesn't denote any such thing as a "movement," let alone a movement that has "leaders."

M.
Moochie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2007, 07:44 AM   #18
Moochie
Philosopher

Oh, you mean like there's an "organised peace movement". Or an "organised homeopathy movement". Or an "organised model train movement".

That is, they are nothing of the sort, Ray. Neither "organised" or a "movement".

There's just a bunch of localised groups of similar interests, dotted around the world. Maybe they share some things in common, but not always. And If you had been paying attention, you would have seen that rarely do any two have similar goals, and in fact many of them fight like two angry cats in a sack.

Yeah, I belong to a PC user group, which is affiliated with similar groups around the world. Am I thus a part of the PC movement?

M.
Moochie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2007, 08:21 AM   #19
grayman
Happy-go-lucky Heretic

Anyone here belong to the world-wide bowel movement? I'm going tomorrow.

All great truths begin as blasphemies. - George Bernard Shaw

God is evil. As soon as you accept that, it all makes sense. - Sledge
grayman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2007, 10:17 AM   #20
RayG
Master Poster

Guess I forgot to add my <sarcasm> bite to my post.

Even though you and I realize there's no real 'organized skeptical movement', I don't think T'ai Chi does.

Quote:
Not to worry, I paid it as much attention as it deserved.

Quote:
No, and I hope you're not engaging in hasty generalizations.

RayG
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2007, 10:37 AM   #21
kitakaze

Ray, I... I... I just don't think I can forgive three different smilies in one post. Clearly you are covered in Sweaty. All your base are belong to me.

Old 6th May 2007, 10:50 AM   #22
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
*stupid spooky voice* Which is why it never happened...

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Hey, look who took the bait!

Sorry!
*resists the urge to post three more smileys*

Hey, K., have you seen cryptomundo folks are claiming Kappas are hominids? Remember what I always say about the myth-twisting UFOlogists and cryptozoologists try to sell as research?
Old 6th May 2007, 03:14 PM   #23
RayG
Master Poster

Clearly you are covered in Sweaty.
Ewwwwwwwwww. Say, speaking of Sweaty, where's he hiding these days?

Oops, never mind, I have my computer set to ignore trolls.

RayG
Old 6th May 2007, 03:45 PM   #24
Civilized Worm
Graduate Poster

"Organised Sceptical Movement" is the new "New World Order".
Civilized Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2007, 05:11 PM   #25
Melissa
Thinker

In relation to bigfoot related blogs cryptomundo.com has begun censoring, deleting, quarantining, etc the participation of JREF informed bigfoot skeptics. In the current main BF thread here member William Parcher drew attention to prolific crypto poster DWA who frequently misrepresents and maligns BF skepticism. Since that time three JREF informed BF skeptics including myself have attempted to participate at cryptomundo and have been censored. I have on a number of occasions civilly appealed to the website for an explanation. I have received two replies from blogger Craig Woolheater who has since ignored calls for specific explanation. Further specifics can be found in the current main BF thread starting from page 102. It is well known among JREF informed BF skeptics that cryptomundo bloggers observe BF discussions at the JREF.

I have made the following post to Craig in his thread Why There Has to be a Sasquatch at cryptomundo:

Clearly cryptomundo has much to fear from organized informed BF skepticism but does their best to feign otherwise.
This has to be THE most laughable post I have read in quite some time. Yes, Kitakazee - its a grand conspiracy all designed to keep you and fellow JREF participants from posting on the Cryptomundo site ----

Question, then why is Benjamin Radford allowed to post there? Humm that's odd.

Maybe its a selective conspiracy to just keep out dissenting opinions?? Humm, thats odd - because I see many postings there that do not agree with the opinions of Craig Woolheater or Loren Coleman (just check out the articles every time a new article goes up on MK Davis etc).. As I recall, a series of articles were just posted about Matt Crowley's work - thats odd, you don't mention any of that. hummmmm...

So, what is your beef again? Ohhh the conspiracy to keep you out. Get over yourself. LOL. You got your hand slapped, get over it.

Just my opinion of course, and I'm sure you will tell me how wrong I am.
Melissa is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2007, 05:22 PM   #26
Zep
Banned

Originally Posted by RayG View Post
Guess I forgot to add my <sarcasm> bite to my post.

Even though you and I realize there's no real 'organized skeptical movement', I don't think T'ai Chi does.

Not to worry, I paid it as much attention as it deserved.

No, and I hope you're not engaging in hasty generalizations.

RayG
All is kewl!

My apologies for being a bit short in my response. I'm a technical instructor and am used to people who are slow on the uptake. But I do get tetchy when people actively refuse to even try, or even go the other way...like TC. And I had just finished reading a few more of his blatherings at the time.
Old 6th May 2007, 05:24 PM   #27
Zep
Banned

Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
This has to be THE most laughable post I have read in quite some time. Yes, Kitakazee - its a grand conspiracy all designed to keep you and fellow JREF participants from posting on the Cryptomundo site ----

Maybe its a selective conspiracy to just keep out dissenting opinions?? Humm, thats odd - because I see many postings there that do not agree with the opinions of Craig Woolheater or Loren Coleman (just check out the articles every time a new article goes up on MK Davis etc).. As I recall, a series of articles were just posted about Matt Crowley's work - thats odd, you don't mention any of that. hummmmm...

So, what is your beef again? Ohhh the conspiracy to keep you out. Get over yourself. LOL. You got your hand slapped, get over it.

Better yet, why don't you start the same conversation over here in a new thread? We allow plenty of dissenting opinion here. Yes?
Old 6th May 2007, 06:37 PM   #28
Melissa
Thinker

Better yet, why don't you start the same conversation over here in a new thread? We allow plenty of dissenting opinion here. Yes?
Judging by your response, apparently not. LMAO.
Melissa is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2007, 06:44 PM   #29
quixotecoyote
Howling to glory I go

You don't seem to be banned yet.
Old 6th May 2007, 06:53 PM   #30
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

It would hardly be a "conspiracy theory" that a pro-bigfoot site censors and bans dissenters. Heck, we see this all of the time from any woo forum.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2007, 08:47 AM   #31
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Kathy Strain (Hairy Man) was also censored on Cryptomundo. Last Thursday she had at least one post in the truckdriver/biologist thread that was removed. I think several got tossed. The one I remember was where she said that from her experiences as a volunteer researcher for BFRO (and AIBR?), that the organization only retains and posts sighting reports for 1 or 2 reports out of 10 that they receive. I thought that was a significant bit of information. It means that 80-90% of submitted sighting reports are deemed to be bogus or worthless at the time they are received.

I seem to remember other posts from her about how Iowa can't really support Bigfoots, and the 36 reports from there should have been discarded. I guess we can imagine a number of reasons why Crypto Oz would want those thoughts from a well-known Bigfooter to go unseen.
Old 7th May 2007, 10:15 AM   #32
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Kathy Strain (Hairy Man) was also censored on Cryptomundo. Last Thursday she had at least one post in the truckdriver/biologist thread that was removed. I think several got tossed. The one I remember was where she said that from her experiences as a volunteer researcher for BFRO (and AIBR?), that the organization only retains and posts sighting reports for 1 or 2 reports out of 10 that they receive. I thought that was a significant bit of information. It means that 80-90% of submitted sighting reports are deemed to be bogus or worthless at the time they are received.

I seem to remember other posts from her about how Iowa can't really support Bigfoots, and the 36 reports from there should have been discarded. I guess we can imagine a number of reasons why Crypto Oz would want those thoughts from a well-known Bigfooter to go unseen.
Her posts were censored or moved?
Last week they moved some posts to a new thread. I am too lazy to perform any search there and always stick to the front page...

Aniway, the posts there are not exactly where I would look for good discussions and information on cryptos... Some folks there are eager to swallow anything thrown to them. So, I really don't think being censored or banned there is a great problem for Kitakaze or Kathy Strain. Cryptomundo, however, has much to loose with their absence.

Last edited by Correa Neto; 7th May 2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 7th May 2007, 11:12 AM   #33
kitakaze

One of the many posts I had censored was addressed to Kathy. At the time I was trying to remember why I thought Kathy and Craig Woolheater knew eachother personally. I just remembered it was from this post of hers below. I wonder if Kathy noticed her comments being removed. She made some great points, BTW. Kathy, if you read this maybe you'd have better luck getting Craig to comment on the issue.

Originally Posted by Hairy Man View Post
(snip)
As a side note, yesterday I was with Craig Woolheater (from the TBRC) and other bigfooters plotting the take over of the world, and Craig stated that they are in the midsts of a very long term camera trap project in the National Park and National Forest in eastern Texas. This work is being done in complete cooperation with both agencies and with a grant from Baylor University. The cameras (around 60 high tech digital/infrared types with batteries that last 45 days and can take 500 pictures) are in very remote areas (so much so that it takes 3 days to service 8 camera in one location). They do nothing else (no call blasting, no baiting) in the area so to limit human influence. I suggested that they place cameras in areas they are also working with call blasting, etc. so that we can judge the results better. Pretty cool!

Old 7th May 2007, 11:43 AM   #34
kitakaze

Hi, Melissa. If it was just me you might have a point but it wasn't. Diogenes, Drapier, and I were all censored. Matt Crowely has also been censored there. It has been pointed out in the beginning of this discussion in the main BF thread that Benjamin Radford and Daniel Loxton who are both writers are cryptomundo's resident skeptics. Benjamin in particular has been dismissed as a scoftic. One of the many posts of mine deleted was one in which I addressed flaws in Daniel's arguments originally cited by William Parcher. Indeed, if I had my hand slapped, whatever was the reason? Craig can't seem to be bothered to explain.

As for this board being tolerant I think you know well that it is. Have you seen this?

Old 7th May 2007, 11:50 AM   #35
Moochie
Philosopher

One of the many posts I had censored was addressed to Kathy. At the time I was trying to remember why I thought Kathy and Craig Woolheater knew eachother personally. I just remembered it was from this post of hers below. I wonder if Kathy noticed her comments being removed. She made some great points, BTW. Kathy, if you read this maybe you'd have better luck getting Craig to comment on the issue.
I just read the quote that accompanied this post and it leaves me flummoxed, flabbergasted, and flatulent.

I mean, this is 2007, isn't it? And it's not April 1, is it?

All I can add is this:

M.
Old 7th May 2007, 12:00 PM   #36
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

I am still eagerly awaiting T'ai Chi to reduce our dramatic misinformation level by showing evidence for this organized skeptic movement.

I would suggest you take up a hobby if you are waiting for T'ai Chi to present any evidence.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2007, 04:59 PM   #37
tube
Muse

Matt Crowely has also been censored there.
For the record, I don't think I've been censored at Cryptomundo before; I think I've only commented there about 4 or 5 times. I was censored on Loren's Yahoo board. I had taken a great deal of time in carefully preparing a post comparing the Ray Wallace situation to Ivan Sanderson's advocacy of a 15 foot penguin having made tracks in Florida in 1948.

Previously on Bigfoot Forums I had referred to Sanderson as a "crypto crank" for having taken such a ludicrous position. I suspect, but do not know, that Loren holds Sanderson in high esteem and that bringing up Sanderson's foolishness is not acceptable.

But I do know two other folks that have been censored on Cryptomundo.

More on Sanderson's 15 foot penguin: (Warning: shameless self-promotion)

http://www.orgoneresearch.com/florid...uin%20hoax.htm

For what it's worth, I think that in 2007 the Usenet style message boards are an antiquated joke, and I no longer participate.

(Bigfoot) evidence doesn't look better on deeper analysis, it looks worse. David Daegling

The Bigfoot hypothesis is tested daily.
tube is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2007, 10:23 PM   #38
drapier
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by tube View Post

Previously on Bigfoot Forums I had referred to Sanderson as a "crypto crank" for having taken such a ludicrous position. I suspect, but do not know, that Loren holds Sanderson in high esteem and that bringing up Sanderson's foolishness is not acceptable.

But I do know two other folks that have been censored on Cryptomundo.

More on Sanderson's 15 foot penguin: (Warning: shameless self-promotion)

http://www.orgoneresearch.com/florid...uin%20hoax.htm

Yeah but didn't Sanderson do something or other that was worthwhile and prove that sometimes, as my grandmammy would say, even a blind pig can find an acorn? Wouldn't we be too harsh if we threw every cryptid out with the 15ft. penguin?
drapier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2007, 12:16 AM   #39
Zep
Banned

Judging by your response, apparently not. LMAO.
Ermm...

What??

You're invited to start a thread here to air your views. So that means I'm advocating banning you...

OK, you got me. What's the joke?
Old 8th May 2007, 12:52 AM   #40
kitakaze

Originally Posted by tube View Post
For the record, I don't think I've been censored at Cryptomundo before; I think I've only commented there about 4 or 5 times. I was censored on Loren's Yahoo board. I had taken a great deal of time in carefully preparing a post comparing the Ray Wallace situation to Ivan Sanderson's advocacy of a 15 foot penguin having made tracks in Florida in 1948.
D'oh! My bad, tube. I mixed up Loren's yahoo group with cryptomundo from our discussion before.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal