ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags obe , afterlife

Closed Thread
Old 14th May 2007, 04:07 PM   #1
Tim4848
Muse

The Department of Positive Out of Body Possibilities

To whom it may concern,

My name is Tim Brewer, and you can find out all about this topic by checking it out on the INTERNET, under the name of this topic. After you do that,

Please feel free to make comments or ask questions about the topic; that is the sole purpose of this post, to interact more about it.

Thank you,
Tim
Tim4848 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th May 2007, 05:01 PM   #2
Tanstaafl
Unindicted Co-conspirator

Ah! I was wrong!

But I'm still confused. Communicate with future out of body people?

I have no idea what this means, but I'm starting to be intruiged.

Expelled exposed!
Sylvia Browne
Tanstaafl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th May 2007, 05:25 PM   #3
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!

One question.

What the heck is electrical thought?

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th May 2007, 05:37 PM   #4
Tim4848
Muse

Dear Tanstaafl,

Everything in life takes it's allotted amount of time, and this topic is no different.

Let me give you the quick version.

They say that ten percent of people will have an OBE at some point in their lifetime. My goal is to try and get people you up to speed on all the positive possibilities of exploring this topic even closer, maybe even to the point that it will help our economy in years to come.

Imagine that your life and experiences so far, was no bigger than a leaf at the end of a branch on a big tree. Now also imagine that my experiences are no bigger than another branch on the other side of the tree, now we need to bond, and get over the comprehend thing. I want us to start to see what can happen when you place Christmas lights all over the tree.

I am only as good as the people I have to work with, and I hope that is you.

Thank you,
Tim
Tim4848 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th May 2007, 07:04 PM   #5
Tim4848
Muse

Good question Wollery and athon,

Even though Scientist do not know what is in electric, we all function with electrical thought. I love to visualize solutions with my right brain, and analyze results and ask more questions with my left brain.

Scientist claim, that energy can not be made, or destroyed, it can only change form.

I will be glad to slow down and go over everything line by line with you, but I also want you to know, that I posted on other sites today how you could win the million dollar challenge, so if that kind of thing interests you, I just thought you would like to know.

Thank you,
Tim
Old 14th May 2007, 07:21 PM   #6
Tim4848
Muse

Good question Strimmer, I would be more than glad to post my topic about winning the million-dollar challenge if you like, but that is up to you.

I am not here to assume what happens to you in an OBE state, that will come in time when we communicate with future out of body people.

I am saying that I was still having the same electrical thoughts in my OBE, as I have when I am in my human body, and if we know that we have a machine like brainGate, that has prove it can communicate with electrical thought, then why not try that option.

we already have patients for the machine, we already have a working machine, and we know that we Will not live forever, so why not planned for the possibility.
If out of body afterlife people are capable of going to a sensor, and communicating just like I am now, then the economy would have no choice, but to grow on the potential volume alone.

Example: You might have a cell phone provider now, in the future you might have an afterlife time share communication provider.

They say on average, that 250,000 people die everyday on this earth, even if we waited 150 years to get this technology started, we would have to have a network in place to handle billions.

Some patients have already been trained on this Brain Gate machine, and have died of other reasons, not associated with the machine, but do you really think they thought outside of the box,. that somebody who has already been trained on this machine, just might of wanted one more chance after they died.

Thank you,
Tim
Old 14th May 2007, 07:22 PM   #7
Apathia
Philosopher

Tim,

You can't post links yet, so I hope you don't mind.

http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17291

Another: http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2271987
(Some neat responses at the SciFi Forums.)

Last edited by Apathia; 14th May 2007 at 07:34 PM.
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th May 2007, 07:28 PM   #8
Oualawouzou
Critical Thinker

6 posts and I *still* can't tell what you're talking about...

How about a clear and concise post, of the form "this is what I can do, this is how I can prove the success of it"?
Oualawouzou is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th May 2007, 07:39 PM   #9
EHLO
Critical Thinker

Seriously Tim, if you could demonstrably distinguish between and OBE and a dream or hallucination then you could easily snap up the million dollar prize and use it to monopolise Brain Gate technology and become the Bill Gates of afterlife time share communication provision.

So, step 1: Demonstrate OBE as a *real* (ie. consciousness leaving the body) phenomena.
Old 14th May 2007, 07:45 PM   #10
Tim4848
Muse

Dear Hyparxis,

Please fill free to check me out this week, I am usually off work on Sunday and Monday, but I try and answer as many questions as I can, even through the week. If it is a good question, I sleep on it until the week end and try and answer it better at that time.

You should check out the Museum of Hoaxes, they are real tough on me there.

Thank you,
Tim
Old 14th May 2007, 07:58 PM   #11
athon

Originally Posted by Tim4848 View Post
Even though Scientist do not know what is in electric, we all function with electrical thought..
We know quite well what electricity is. It's the movement of a charge through a medium. That's more or less what I was saying before; science is the process of working through the sort of questions you're proposing. While your inquiry is a good one, you do need to pay attention to the ground others have already covered.

Secondly, our nervous system does communicate through 'waves' of moving charges (also known as an action potential). A little different to what people normally call 'electricity', as such, which is normally what we describe the movement of electrons through a conductor.

Quote:
I will be glad to slow down and go over everything line by line with you, but I also want you to know, that I posted on other sites today how you could win the million dollar challenge, so if that kind of thing interests you, I just thought you would like to know.
We always like discussing things like this, but only if you're prepared to make this a two way discourse, and are willing to understand that many people here have a good understanding of science.

Quote:
I am saying that I was still having the same electrical thoughts in my OBE, as I have when I am in my human body, and if we know that we have a machine like brainGate, that has prove it can communicate with electrical thought, then why not try that option.
From what you say here, you're starting with the assumption that an OBE is just that; something that occurs when the mind no longer occurs within the physical confines of a body. Hence to go further, the validity of this assumption must be addressed.

This is the core of your claim, I feel. Not the question of potentially communicating with future OBE's (it's called 'begging the question').

Athon
athon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th May 2007, 08:15 PM   #12
Bodhi Dharma Zen
Advaitin

OBEs are a fascinating subject. That said, all we have to think about them are mere anecdotes. There is not a single piece of data, much less scientifical evidence to support the phenomenon as real (in the sense of something like a "self" that is able to perceive and exist in a different place than a brain).

Sorry.
Old 14th May 2007, 08:17 PM   #13
Tim4848
Muse

Dear Ehlo, I am spilling my guts over here, the least you can do is tell us about your interest. I am one of the one percent that can beat Chess Master.

I have beaten a state champion at pool many times, and I love to analyze the game.

All my thoughts come to me natural, I don't even know my moms phone number, but I know how to get it.

I once was Vice President for a Financial company, before leaving to focus on this topic. Now I have a job that I don't have to take home with me.

I believe that most movies try to teach you something, and if you have watched as many movies as I have, you start to connect the dots, and that is where my this topic could begin.

I was told last week by my parents that I had past out, when I was only one week old. I do not know if that was an OBE or not, we will probably never know.

i love to doodle with straight lines going toward the north, seeing shadows along th lines, because I am not wearing my glasses, drawing inside those lines, until I have covered the entire piece of paper with straight line doodling, then I like to look at the 3-d pictures inside my doodling. I don't know if I explained that well, you really should see some of the drawings.

Ever since I started this quest, I try and write down as many thoughts as I can on this topic. I could go on for ever.

Question:

If I ran a car into the side of another web site for example, and then I came over to your web site, and told you about it, should I have to drive a car into your web site as well, when you could have just as easy went over to that other site and check out the damage. This topic has been down the street a few times, and now it needs to try out the highway.

I believe I am an introvert, but I also believe this topic is too important, to keep hidden in the closet any longer.

Thomas Edison believed it was possible, but he would not build anything unless he could sell it. My goal is to sell it, because most people think th worst, so it is only natural hat they would see potential negative in my topic, but if they take the time to explore it, they will surely find, this is the right direction to go at this point in our history.

Thank you for listening to my thoughts,
Tim
Old 14th May 2007, 08:18 PM   #14
Apathia
Philosopher

Dear Hyparxis,

Please fill free to check me out this week, I am usually off work on Sunday and Monday, but I try and answer as many questions as I can, even through the week. If it is a good question, I sleep on it until the week end and try and answer it better at that time.

You should check out the Museum of Hoaxes, they are real tough on me there.

Thank you,
Tim
As one of ours would say, "Interesting."
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/f...ewthread/3528/
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th May 2007, 08:21 PM   #15
Tim4848
Muse

Scientist do not know what is inside electric, and electric is an energy that can not be made or destroyed, it can only change form, do you remember when you was just a sperm, I'm thinking changes energy then. OBE, I am thinking change energy here. Wet dream, not focus on my energy at the time, and we didn't talk about that either.

Thank you,
Tim
Old 14th May 2007, 08:30 PM   #16
athon

Scientist do not know what is inside electric, and electric is an energy that can not be made or destroyed, it can only change form, do you remember when you was just a sperm, I'm thinking changes energy then. OBE, I am thinking change energy here. Wet dream, not focus on my energy at the time, and we didn't talk about that either.

Thank you,
Tim
Can ask if English is your first language? I'm not saying that to be rude, however your communication is proving difficult to understand.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'inside' electricity. Energy is a description of the capacity something has to do work. In other words, it's what makes things happen. It's not a 'thing' as such, but rather a measurement of change, if you like. Hence there is no 'inside' of electricty; electricty is the term given to the movement of a charge. It describes that change, of charges going from one place to another.

At this point I think you don't really understand the concept of energy, and are using what little you do know to speculate.

You say you worked in finance. Well, it's a bit like a child speculating on the fact it could buy a house in two weeks with his five-dollar a week pocket money, thinking it has a strong understanding of finance. You'd do your best to explain how finance works.

Well, your understanding of science is a bit like a five year old's understanding of how an economy works.

Athon
athon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th May 2007, 08:37 PM   #17
EHLO
Critical Thinker

Hi Tim, we all have our delusions - mine was thinking that I could understand what you were on about. I see now that I was mistaken.

Good luck with your quest.
Old 14th May 2007, 08:42 PM   #18
Apathia
Philosopher

Tim,

I've read your posts over at Museum of Hoaxes.
I'm going to make a friendly suggestion:
You need some Science understanding under your belt. Back up and bone up on some General Physics. You are having a fundamental misunderstanding of what Brain Gate does and proposes to do.

Your previous post shows a fundamental ignorance about electricity as well.
So much so that I'm tempted to think that you are just spamming and trolling.

Anyway, I've said my thing. I won't nag you from here on. Others will do that.
Old 14th May 2007, 08:46 PM   #19
Tim4848
Muse

Good question Bodhi Dharma Zen.

Let's check out the crime scene for a minute.

Any machine used, while they are having an OBE, shows that their brain is not having any electrical activity.

All OBE people, 100%, that they are having electrical thoughts or dreams about OBE's.

What is the odds that so many Near death experience people, all would have the same dream, when in that state, that would almost be as over whelming as every man, having wet dreams, when puberty hits.

Where could this electrical thought be hiding at?, well let's try the invisible force.

How could it survive? How does a micro like SARS11 survive?, on the electric in atoms.

Why has nobody ever noticed them before? Einstein noticed them, but he was not willing to throw the dice where the dice always go, when it pertains to free will. OBE people would have he same capabilities as those atom that did not behave the way Einstein believed they should.

They say that everything has been said before, but I am the first person to ever post this topic before, so it is just as possible, that this topic has not really got the full treatment of what goes around comes around yet.

How can you get evidence, when you don't get the patient the correct test to begin with.
If they want a sample, like they do with every other study, then they need to put the correct tools in place.

You can build the best stress test in the world, but you won't get results, until the patient starts running.

Tim
Old 14th May 2007, 08:55 PM   #20
Tim4848
Muse

Good thoughts athon,

Where do you get your fact, that there is no inside to electric. I would like to see that information for my self. Who through out history has prov-en that there is nothing inside electricity. Life and electric is best described by movement, and all things on earth is made up of electric. Your electrical thoughts is always trying to take you away from perceived pain, such as my topic, to expected pleasure, from the way you were brought up.

Thank you,
Tim
Old 14th May 2007, 09:03 PM   #21
Tim4848
Muse

Please fill free to explain why you do not believe BrainGate will work.

That is like saying, if you don't know everything, you will never be able to create a new vacuum cleaner atachment.

My goal is not to be to good in any field, because that is not my position in this field, but to be a consultant. I do the one percent inspiration, and others make it happen. This is also another area that will help the economy as well.

Just think about all the policies and procedures that would have to go into place, before the first privledge out of body afterlife connection is made.

You know, even though I live in Dayton the home of the Wright Brothers, I am still amazed, when I see this big plane fly over my head.

Thank you for your input,
Tim

Thank you,
Tim
Old 14th May 2007, 09:14 PM   #22
Skeptic Guy
Raccoon Death Squad Leader

"The Department of Positive Out of Body Possibilities"?

Down the hall, make a right, 100 feet and it's right next door to the "Ministry of Silly Walks".

Good day!

Serioulsy though, you realize that there is no evidence of "OBE"s, right? I think you would have to show evidence of that before going any further.

And perhaps you can show where you got this data?

Quote:
All OBE people, 100%, that they are having electrical thoughts or dreams about OBE's.

Even Mother TeresaWP doubted.
Skeptic Guy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th May 2007, 09:43 PM   #23
strimmer
Thinker

Now i am still not sure how this out of body experience machine is supposed to work, but i have a hunch that it doesn't.

tim4848 have you had any successful tests with his machine???

to my knowledge studys on out of body experience have come up with nothing, which would be expected because evidence shows that there is no out of body conciseness.

tim4848 you have put a lot on your plate. for your machine to work you would have to explain a lot of things. the dualist nature of reality, how ones out of body thoughts can communicate with another from the past present or future, and how your going to be able to communicate all these through a machine
strimmer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th May 2007, 09:47 PM   #24
EHLO
Critical Thinker

Tim, BrainGate is a *real* technology that demonstrably works as a (basic) neural interface for *real* people.

You are speculating that;
  1. OBEs and NDEs are *real*
  2. During an OBE/NDE the subject still exhibits neural activity and
  3. Brain Gate could detect this activity and act as a communication device.

Your problems start at 1.

(Yes I do have better things to do)
Old 14th May 2007, 09:57 PM   #25
wollery

Any machine used, while they are having an OBE, shows that their brain is not having any electrical activity.
Evidence?

Quote:
Can we just accept that all thoughts and dreams are due to electrical impulses between the brain's neurons. So can we drop the word electrical. It's not required, and is mildly annoying.

Quote:
What is the odds that so many Near death experience people, all would have the same dream, when in that state, that would almost be as over whelming as every man, having wet dreams, when puberty hits.
The odds are quite good, since the scientific explanation is that it is part of the process of the brain shutting down, which should be go through a similar sequence for all people.

Quote:
Where could this electrical thought be hiding at?, well let's try the invisible force.
Hiding? Which invisible force?

Quote:
How could it survive?
Survive what?

Quote:
How does a micro like SARS11 survive?, on the electric in atoms.
SARS is a virus, we know what it looks like, and it's a LOT bigger than an atom.

Quote:
Why has nobody ever noticed them before? Einstein noticed them,
Wow, way to contradict yourself!

Quote:
but he was not willing to throw the dice where the dice always go, when it pertains to free will.
I have no idea if that means anything.

Quote:
OBE people would have he same capabilities as those atom that did not behave the way Einstein believed they should.
Oh dear, did you really just invoke quantum mechanics?

Quote:
They say that everything has been said before, but I am the first person to ever post this topic before, so it is just as possible, that this topic has not really got the full treatment of what goes around comes around yet.
On the contrary, OBEs have been discussed here many times. Check out Lightcreatedlife@hom's 51 page thread!

Quote:
How can you get evidence, when you don't get the patient the correct test to begin with.
And which test would that be?

Quote:
If they want a sample, like they do with every other study, then they need to put the correct tools in place.
Which tools?

Quote:
You can build the best stress test in the world, but you won't get results, until the patient starts running.
Yes, true. So?

Quote:
Tim
Anytime.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th May 2007, 11:17 PM   #26
athon

Good thoughts athon,

Where do you get your fact, that there is no inside to electric.
Because this is a meaningless statement. It's like saying 'what is inside talking?'. Talking is the description of an action, not an actual thing. It's why people here are suggesting you need to have a better understanding of the fundamentals of science.

Quote:
Life and electric is best described by movement, and all things on earth is made up of electric.
Again, electricity describes a moving charge. Nothing is made of electricity as such.

Quote:
Your electrical thoughts is always trying to take you away from perceived pain, such as my topic...
Hehe. Well, at least you have a sense of humour.

Please try to address some of the points made here. They might save you from wasting a lot of your time and effort on something fruitless.

Athon
Old 15th May 2007, 07:14 AM   #27
Bodhi Dharma Zen
Advaitin

Tim, it would be REALLY helpful if you find someone who helps you to translate concepts like "electrical thoughts". Its simply impossible to understand you.
Old 15th May 2007, 10:40 AM   #28
Brian Jackson
Graduate Poster

Question:

If I ran a car into the side of another web site for example, and then I...
'Nuff said. Talk to this guy.
Brian Jackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th May 2007, 02:59 PM   #29
Tim4848
Muse

Tim Brewer,

Thank you for your interest in the James Randi Educational Foundation's Million Dollar Challenge!

I'm afraid that forums do not qualify as a media presence, and I suggest that you contact your local newspaper or television news network to request an interview of some kind. Only just a couple of nights ago, there was a man on the news here who could hula hoop underwater, and I'm quite sure that psychic abilities would be even more interesting to the media than that.

When you have established a media presence of some kind and fulfilled the other qualifications on the JREF's web site you will include the workable protocol in addition to the SASE and notarized application form.

I hope this is helpful, and let me know if you need any more information regarding the Challenge!

Sincerely,

JREF Challenge Desk
Old 15th May 2007, 04:34 PM   #30
Tim4848
Muse

To whom it may concern,

I will be glad to answer all your questions in due time.

First I have to take my daughter to the store and get cake mix for a school project.

Thank you,
Tim
Old 15th May 2007, 05:17 PM   #31
vIQleS
Muse

Good thoughts athon,

Where do you get your fact, that there is no inside to electric. I would like to see that information for my self. Who through out history has prov-en that there is nothing inside electricity. Life and electric is best described by movement, and all things on earth is made up of electric. Your electrical thoughts is always trying to take you away from perceived pain, such as my topic, to expected pleasure, from the way you were brought up.

Thank you,
Tim
I think you need to check your translation software, 'Electric' is not the word you want here. Electric clearly doesn't mean what you think it means.

What's your first language? Perhaps we can find someone who can help you translate...

"vIQleS, Slap me. Slap me twice." - Foolmewunz
vIQleS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th May 2007, 04:57 PM   #32
Tim4848
Muse

Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
Hmm.

1) Genius who can beat chess masters and champion pool players.
2) Executive of large company.
3) Compares himself to Edison.
4) Compares himself to Einstein.
5) Quantum mechanics.
6) Altrusitic intentions of "helping" us all realise the truth.

What's the website to score all this again?
To whom it may concern,

I once heard, that if you stick a lobster in a bucket of water, you better put a lid on the bucket, or the lobster will climb out of the bucket, but if you stick another lobster in the bucket, you don't need a lid, because one of the lobsters will always pull the other on down.

This topic is about positive possibilities, I would be more than glad to start a topic on The Department of Negative Out of Body Possibilities.

The reason I say this is quite clear, no scientist has ever came out and said, that it is not possible, so until the day that is the case, this possibility could go either way. I honestly believe it is possible, covering one side of the coin, and i truly understand if you don't think it is possible, I truly understand, but this stand still is doing nothing but using up good time.

150 years from now, we will all be gone, and then other more advance people than us, will be thinking about this topic, they might find this old topic in the archives, and look how we are handling this topic, are they going to see a balance discussion, are they going to see anything come of it, what are they going to see?

I would like to think they are going to read about some people, that are open minded to other possibilities.

I plan on answering all past replies when time permits.

Everything in life consist of pain or pleasure

Everything in life is either going forward or backward

positive or negative

right direction, wrong direction

All mind maps are as endless as pie, and everything in life takes it's allotted amount of time.

Thank you for reading my thoughts,

Tim
Old 16th May 2007, 08:15 PM   #33
Tim4848
Muse

To whom it may concern, I will be more than glad to try a mock experiment.

I will get my big screen TV fixed

I will buy an eye camera for my computer

I will buy a new battery for my device and dust it off.

I will put everything in place, like I was going to do in the challenge and let you see for yourself, and after I do it, I will be glad to mail the device to you, and let you do it as well. This would be good practice, since the afterlife would have to travel to any contest anyway.

Tim
Old 16th May 2007, 08:22 PM   #34
EHLO
Critical Thinker

You have a "device"? Perhaps you could start by just telling us what it is, and what it does as I'm sure I'm not the only one still rather confused.
Old 16th May 2007, 09:15 PM   #35
wollery

This topic is about positive possibilities, I would be more than glad to start a topic on The Department of Negative Out of Body Possibilities.

The reason I say this is quite clear, no scientist has ever came out and said, that it is not possible, so until the day that is the case, this possibility could go either way. I honestly believe it is possible, covering one side of the coin, and i truly understand if you don't think it is possible, I truly understand, but this stand still is doing nothing but using up good time.
I don't think anybody here has said it isn't possible, although some (including me) have offered mundane explanations. We've simply asked you to clear up some of your points, to explain what you mean, and how your device works.

Old 16th May 2007, 09:39 PM   #36
vIQleS
Muse

I've just finished reading the thread on hoax museum - and as far as I can tell, he has seen this device:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrainGate

Which seems to be a real and normal scientific breakthrough. (And totally cool - I'm trying to find where I can sign up for the waiting list.)

He plans to use this device to communicate with people who are having an OBE - that is using the machine to detect the presence of the 'spirit' or whatever. (presumably because it can detect the electric current in a living brain and "converts the intention of the user into computer commands")

The flaws in his plan are legion and have been thoroughly explained in simple terms, even in regards to the potential problems in applying for the MDC

Tim: have I correctly summerized your intentions? Perhaps you could elaborate (in a few simple, easy to comprehend statements)...

"vIQleS, Slap me. Slap me twice." - Foolmewunz
vIQleS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th May 2007, 10:13 PM   #37
Tim4848
Muse

To whom it may concern, this was the original post.

Thank ou for taking an interest.

Experiment for the challenge:

Regardless if they allow me or anybody else to try this challenge, this was the challenge I was going to try, and if you are interested in trying it as well, please fill free to read on.

You will need An Electronic Sensors lab kit from Radio Shack
The one I got is called Electronic Sensors Lab, and it was less than $60.00 dollars a couple of years ago. Make sure your kit has a touch sensor, and a green led light that come with it.

The workbook that I got with my kit was written By Forrest M. Mims III,
Here is a note in that workbook from him:

“You are about to enter the world of electronic sensors. It’s a fascinating place where you will experiment with electronic devices that respond to touch, pressure, magnetism, light, temperature, and rotation. When you build and experiment with the projects in the lab kit, you will have fun while learning how electronic circuits respond to the world around them. I hope you enjoy experimenting with these projects as much as I did designing them.”

After getting the kit, build the project that allows a green led flasher to responds to any type of contact with the touch sensor. Please do not touch the sensor at anytime with human skin, this could cause a micro experiment and not an afterlife one. The only exception to that would be if you are having no luck with afterlife communication, and you decide to try for micro communication, if that is the case, you are looking at a different challenge.

We are looking for advance thinking and action driven potential electrical thought out of body afterlife people that might be hanging out around you at any given time.

When I had my OBE, I could not hear and as far as I was aware, there was nobody trying to communicate with me in this way, so we have to expect this will be the case in this experiment as well.

The best way to do this that I have found, is posting signs that can be read from anybody, even people who can not see real good up close. I would suggest using a big screen TV as a monitor for your computer, and be willing to have your message for this experiment on there as much as possible. This message will read somewhat like a newspaper adds at first.

Have somebody view your monitor, and see if they can make heads or tells on what are trying to say, and what you want them to do. If your friend cannot follow your instructions, then don’t expect anybody else to be able to do it as well.

Now that you have your Radio Shack Electronic Sensors lab kit all set up correctly, your next goal is to get the word out to all afterlife that comes in contact with you over a curtain time frame, I would give that time frame about ninety days. My first contact with afterlife took twenty days.
Your communication to the afterlife should be so simple that a Geico cave man would be able to do it. We spend years trying to dig up old fragile stuff from the past; so I believe the least we can do is give this possibility the same respect and time it needs.

Just get the light to come on at anytime during the day at first, then build off of that. Make sure you are always thanking the afterlife person, they only know how things are going, by telling them how things are going with the experiment. If you are not good at listening to other people’s emotional needs, or people skils in general, then this experiment might not be right for you.
Hopefully you will be happy with your results, and it will help bring more attention to future positive afterlife possibilities.

Quick review:
Buy the touch sensitive kit from Radio Shack
Put it together correctly
Have a big screen monitor that can post big screen messages to people that cannot hear or might not be able to read small print.
You will be trying to a track educated out of body afterlife people that might come in contact with your monitor message.
Your messages will explain what you are trying to accomplish, and what you need them to do, if they are interested in doing it.
In form them in writing what you want them to do, and then see if they have the ability to do that, by measuring results on your kit.

A standard experiment for the challenge:
Getting a light to come on this devise, with no help from an object that you are aware of
Getting the light to come on during an agreed planned hour.
Getting the light to flicker at different sequence times within that hour.
Getting the light to stop coming on after that hour

Example; Getting it to light up every twelve seconds, then getting it to change that sequence to five seconds one time, then back to the twelve seconds cycle again. I believe just getting it to come on and end during this agreed time frame is good enough, but to change the sequence of the response, should be enough proof, that you are seriously interacting with something that has the ability to be educated in some manner.
If you got the and patience to teach them how to do the Morse code, then by all means, take the time to do that, but my goal is we use other things like Brain Gate, for that type of communication.

I hope you have as much success with this kit as I have, but if that does not turn out to be the case, then I am truly sorry for wasting your time.

Thank you,
Tim
Old 17th May 2007, 12:12 AM   #38
strathmeyer
Master Poster

Tim, I have had out of body experiences. In fact, with a bit of luck, patience, and hard work, I can induce them. What does your product mean for people like me?
strathmeyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th May 2007, 06:42 AM   #39
Apathia
Philosopher

Originally Posted by strathmeyer View Post
Tim, I have had out of body experiences. In fact, with a bit of luck, patience, and hard work, I can induce them. What does your product mean for people like me?
I thought he was selling a product at first, so I called him a spammer.
But actually BrainGate is nothing of his own.
As vIQleS points out, he assume sthat since the device can respond to and use electrical activity in the brain, it can pick up mind activity whan the mind is out of the brain on an astral journey.

Apart from that he has his proposed experiment in last post, which is essentailly to get the attention of a departed spirit of someone doing an out of the body, so that they can effect various sensors and in that way communicate.

He assumes there is an astral or spirit body apart from the physical one, that can effect instruments.

So, conduct a seance. And instead of having the spirit play a toy trumpet, get it to mess with electronic equipment.

Last edited by Apathia; 17th May 2007 at 06:44 AM.
Old 17th May 2007, 07:25 AM   #40
Brian Jackson
Graduate Poster

Might I propose as a challenge:

Mount a small shelf above the headboard of your bed, higher than eye-level when standing. Every night pick a playing card at random and place it face up on the shelf, without seeing it. If you are truly having an OBE, you should be able to view the card during sleep. If you can successfully identify the card when you wake up, this might warrant further study.

I actually tried this during my lucid dream experiments just to rule out the possibility. Needless to say I don't believe in OBEs, but that's not to say they cannot happen. I've just not seen, nor experienced, any evidence thus far.
Brian Jackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal