IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags christopher bollyn

Old 26th June 2007, 08:00 AM   #1
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Christopher Bollyn, Fugitive from Justice

Well, his sentencing date came and the crusading reporter for Truth was nowhere to be found:

Quote:
A judge issued a warrant today for the arrest of Christopher Lee Bollyn, the one-time Hoffman Estates mayoral candidate convicted by a jury in June of resisting arrest and aggravated assault.

Bollyn, 50, was scheduled to be sentenced this morning, but never showed in court.

Cook County Judge Hyman Riebman issued the no-bond warrant about an hour after the scheduled court time.

“I’m not certain of the exact reason” he failed to appear, Bollyn’s lawyer, Paul Moreschi, said afterward. “I really just don’t know.”
Personally, I suspect the Mossad. Cui bono?
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 08:24 AM   #2
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Can news of the establishment of the "Free Christian Republic of Bollynia" be far off?
Old 26th June 2007, 08:32 AM   #3
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

neo-nazi smacktard
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 08:35 AM   #4
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

Wasn't he aiming for political asylum in Norway? (no, really!)

/S
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 08:40 AM   #5
Calcas
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by SLOB View Post

/S
That's what he wrote.

"I intend to seek asylum in Norway or Switzerland. I can read the writing on the wall.

"http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=91920
Calcas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 08:57 AM   #6
NickUK
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by SLOB View Post

/S
Who is 'our man' in Norway these days?

"that is a popular misconception or LIE...not saying you are lying, just saying that is not true..."
NickUK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 09:00 AM   #7
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Calcas View Post
That's what he wrote.

"I intend to seek asylum in Norway or Switzerland. I can read the writing on the wall.

There ya'go. He be in a small "hytte", just outside of Tromsø , going on "tur" each day, wearing nothing but his "lusekofte".

/S
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 09:02 AM   #8
Triterope
Muse

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Can news of the establishment of the "Free Christian Republic of Bollynia" be far off?
Considering the success Ed Brown's had thumbing his nose at the legal system, that's a fairly real possibility.
Triterope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 09:14 AM   #9
CurtC
Illuminator

With the comments he had made about fleeing to Norway, I wonder why the hell they let him out on bail?
Old 26th June 2007, 09:26 AM   #10
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

^Maybe they aren't losers who spend all day on internet forums....damn.

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 09:52 AM   #11
negativ
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
With the comments he had made about fleeing to Norway, I wonder why the hell they let him out on bail?
Probably because they know that, living in Norway, he's likely to some day eat lutefisk, and there's not much worse the US legal system could do to him.

Quote:
Lutefisk is instead pretty much what you'd expect of jellied cod; it is a foul and odiferous goo, whose gelatinous texture and rancid oily taste are locked in spirited competition to see which can be the more responsible for rendering the whole completely inedble.

How to describe that first bite? Its a bit like describing passing a kidneystone to the uninitiated. If you are talking to someone else who has lived through the experience, a nod will suffice to acknowledge your shared pain, but to explain it to the person who has not been there, mere words seem inadequate to the task. So it is with lutefisk. One could bandy about the time honored phrases like "nauseating sordid gunk", "unimaginably horrific", "lasting psychological damage", but these seem hollow when applied to the task at hand. I will have to resort to a recipe for a kind of metaphorical lutefisk, to describe the experience. Take marshmallows made without sugar, blend them together with overcooked Japanese noodles, and then bathe the whole liberally in acetone. Let it marinate in cod liver oil for several days at room temprature. When it has achieved the appropriate consistency (though the word "appropriate" is somewhat problematic here), heat it to just above lukewarm, sprinkle in thousands of tiny, sharp, invisible fish bones, and serve.
Old 26th June 2007, 11:32 AM   #12
Alareth
Philosopher

He's gone to Israel. There, working undercover he can destroy the zionists that have framed him from within.
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 12:10 PM   #13
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Alareth View Post
....that have framed him from within.
That's gotta hurt.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 01:56 PM   #14
bje
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Calcas View Post
That's what he wrote.

I guarantee he will never get asylum in Switzerland. But I know a few good asylums in Switzerland that would take him.
Old 26th June 2007, 02:44 PM   #15
Oxigen
Critical Thinker

Hope none of you need to call 911 anytime soon.
Oxigen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 02:59 PM   #16
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oxigen View Post
Why, is it busy?
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 03:14 PM   #17
Thunder
Banned

Awesome, another Truther martyr.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 03:49 PM   #18
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Well, his sentencing date came and the crusading reporter for Truth was nowhere to be found:

Heh. He moved in with the Browns...
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 05:01 PM   #19
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher

I guess if the northwoods documents proves the government engineered 9/11, then this guys previous theft and assault arrests prove he assaulted the police?
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 05:07 PM   #20
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

"The number you have dialed; 9 - 1 - 1; has been changed to a non-published number..."
Old 26th June 2007, 05:11 PM   #21
A W Smith
Philosopher

is there a possibility we get to see Bollyn on tv?
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Don’t get me lol’n off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 05:16 PM   #22
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Or at least call 911 on the plain clothes cops outside your house.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 05:20 PM   #23
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
That would be funny as hell. I'd probably tape it.
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 05:34 PM   #24
Alareth
Philosopher

As long as he doesn't take tips on hiding from another neo-nazi, he might be able to diasappear for a while.
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 07:05 PM   #25
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Not unless he is hiding out in Hawaii

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 07:44 PM   #26
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Illinois does not use bounty hunters.
Old 26th June 2007, 10:15 PM   #27
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Bollyn was on the Paula Zahn segment on anti-semitic 9-11 conspiracy theories, which broke the night Steve Lemons and I put up our stories on Eric Williams and the 9-11 Accountability Conference.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2007, 02:06 AM   #28
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

Because 911 was an inside job?
Mashuna is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2007, 05:43 AM   #29
jsiv
Illuminator

Woohoo, another warrior joins the legendary Arctic Truth Seekers!

"We eat skeptics!"
jsiv is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2007, 05:02 PM   #30
SpitfireIX
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CurtC View Post

Because the charges weren't that serious (relatively), and the judge probably assumed that a reasonable person with a family and other connections to the community wouldn't flee the country (and forfeit his bail) just to avoid a possible one-year (or so) prison sentence.

Also, I believe (though LashL or anyone else can correct me if I'm wrong) that once bail is set, merely talking about fleeing wouldn't be sufficient justification for having it revoked.
Old 27th June 2007, 06:19 PM   #31
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

OK, so... I just read the article (heh). It doesn't really say that they can't find him; just that he never showed up for the sentencing.

I'm assuming, and correct me if I'm wrong, that an arrest warrant would be issued for the mere act of not showing up, without any kind of search beforehand (in fact, this was issued an hour after his failure to appear).

Although I would also imagine his lawyer would be calling him up and going, "Wtf?"

I think it's pretty safe to assume that he's hiding somewhere, though.

*shrug* My buzz is wearing off.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2007, 07:02 PM   #32
fezzic
Muse

I think that it would be up to the prosecutor to petition the court to revoke bail and incarcerate, if the defendant's talk about fleeing was taken seriously, else nothing would happen.

I would think that the judge would issue a bench warrant to enable the police to track down, arrest, and deliver the subject of the warrant to the court. I would think that the defendant is burning up any slack the judge might have been inclined to grant, if any, by causing problems like this.
fezzic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2007, 07:09 PM   #33
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

He'll probably get in bigger trouble for running than he would had he just taken the rap. I have to admit I don't know what the sentance was, but here it'd be a find and a slap on the wrist with a soggy bus ticket.

I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2007, 09:28 PM   #34
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
Because the charges weren't that serious (relatively), and the judge probably assumed that a reasonable person with a family and other connections to the community wouldn't flee the country (and forfeit his bail) just to avoid a possible one-year (or so) prison sentence.

Also, I believe (though LashL or anyone else can correct me if I'm wrong) that once bail is set, merely talking about fleeing wouldn't be sufficient justification for having it revoked.
You are correct, SpitFireIX. First of all, the odds of the police or court personnel even knowing of Bollyn's musings about possibly fleeing are pretty small. Courts process hundreds of individuals and hundreds of charges every day. Police officers carry on about their business after the trial without likely giving it any more thought. Someone will eventually inform them of the sentence imposed, but in the meantime, they are back on the streets, doing their jobs, and are highly unlikely to go trawling the internet to see whether Bollyn is blogging about fleeing the country.

Second, even if they did happen to see comments to that effect, they could not just revoke his bail without bringing an application for bail revocation, since talking about leaving the country is not a criminal offence in and of itself. At a bail revocation hearing, the prosecution would probably have to show more than mere words, but also means and genuine flight risk.

Disclaimer: I base the foregoing on the law here and do not know if there is some express law to the contrary in Illinois, but I highly doubt that merely writing something on the internet about "seeking asylum" in another country would be sufficient on its own even in Illinois

Last edited by LashL; 27th June 2007 at 09:34 PM.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2007, 09:48 PM   #35
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
I'm assuming, and correct me if I'm wrong, that an arrest warrant would be issued for the mere act of not showing up, without any kind of search beforehand (in fact, this was issued an hour after his failure to appear).

Although I would also imagine his lawyer would be calling him up and going, "Wtf?"
Yes, the court would have issued a bench warrant as a result of his failure to appear for sentencing, in the absence of any reasonable explanation from his counsel regarding his non-attendance (which there wasn't, in this case), and the failure to appear is another, separate charge.

When one gets arrested on a warrant for failing to appear, one generally gets locked up on the FTA charge and held for a bail hearing rather than gaining release from the police station, and courts sometimes treat FTA charges more severely than the original charges (depending on the original charges, of course).

Originally Posted by fezzic View Post
I think that it would be up to the prosecutor to petition the court to revoke bail and incarcerate, if the defendant's talk about fleeing was taken seriously, else nothing would happen.

I would think that the judge would issue a bench warrant to enable the police to track down, arrest, and deliver the subject of the warrant to the court. I would think that the defendant is burning up any slack the judge might have been inclined to grant, if any, by causing problems like this.
Yes, that is the normal procedure. When someone doesn't show up for a court appearance, the prosecution asks the court for a warrant for the failure to appear. Then, when the person is arrested on the warrant, they are held in custody pending a bail hearing. The sentencing judge from the previous charges won't be happy that the accused didn't show up for sentencing, so they may very well hold him in custody until he is sentenced on the original charges, since he has demonstrated that he will not obey the court's order (to show up for sentencing) otherwise, etc. And yes, you are quite right that the sentencing judge will certainly take into account Bollyn's failure to appear for sentencing when deciding upon the appropriate punishment.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2007, 09:58 PM   #36
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher

Has anyone called Dog the Bounty Hunter?
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2007, 09:59 PM   #37
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jonnyclueless View Post
Has anyone called Dog the Bounty Hunter?
Toseeked

Old 27th June 2007, 10:55 PM   #38
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Yes, but did anyone call him yet? ;-)
Old 28th June 2007, 01:58 PM   #39
Oxigen
Critical Thinker

Not another martyr,just think for myself and evaluate the evidence. It doesn/t convince me so far.
Oxigen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2007, 02:33 PM   #40
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Not another martyr,just think for myself and evaluate the evidence. It doesn/t convince me so far.
I am afraid I'm not following you, in more ways than one.

1. Are you trying to make some kind of point?

2. If so, what is it?
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories