ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags dylan avery

Old 3rd July 2007, 09:56 AM   #1
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
LC:FC Fails To Make Toronto Film Festival

http://www.tiffg.ca/content/mediacen...p?recordId=447

For real this time. This is the list of accepted 2007 international submissions. No sign of LC:FC.

70 days to go, Dylan. At this rate, the world premiere of LC:FC will be on a sheet rigged up between two trees behind a trailer in Oneonta.

In May of 2009.
Old 3rd July 2007, 10:34 AM   #2
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

I guess TIFF goes on their list of "govt sponsored NWO shill Organizations".

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2007, 10:37 AM   #3
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

with new car smell
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2007, 10:41 AM   #4
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Word of caution...

that list is for World selection to be seen at TIFF that were already seen at other film festivals. It does also not seem to include documentaries, or World Premieres.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2007, 10:54 AM   #5
jhunter1163

Hmmm... well, LC:FC would be international.. and most of the footage has been seen before elsewhere.. but you could be right. We'll find out tomorrow, I guess, when the full list is published (7/4 not being a holiday in Canada).

Frankly, I'd be very surprised if they made it. There are so many other quality, original documentaries made every year, I doubt a stale rehash such as LC:FC, no matter how controversial, wouldn't have a prayer.
Old 3rd July 2007, 10:59 AM   #6
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

yes, but the key to the list you gave was that it was a list of International (yes like LC:FC) that have been seen at other Film Festivals (LC:FC as of yet seen at no other festival).

Like you said...we will see soon enough.

TAM
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:30 AM   #7
jhunter1163

It'll be interesting to see how they spin this (assuming they don't get in). This was supposed to be the kickoff for the big Weekend O' Twoof. If they don't have TIFF, they're back to the same 20 people shouting slogans at St. Mark's in New York.

Sad, really.
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:54 AM   #8
Triterope
Muse

Also, film festivals only accept completed films.
Triterope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2007, 01:01 PM   #9
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Not even in the fantasy/humour section?
Old 3rd July 2007, 02:30 PM   #10
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

The complete film list won't be announced until August 21.
Old 3rd July 2007, 03:43 PM   #11
VespaGuy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Alt+F4 View Post
The complete film list won't be announced until August 21.
Let's all practice our "shocked" face, so we can pretend to look surprised when it's not on the list.
Old 3rd July 2007, 10:03 PM   #12
The Silver Shadow
Graduate Poster

maybe next time Dylan, when you have a real film to show!
I've accomplished more without film school than most people, such as yourself, will EVER accomplish. Period. Jealousy is a bitch, and I'm sorry you're experiencing it, but don't spew ******** like that and expect to not be corrected. This is why you were banned from my forums in the first place.
- Dylan Avery on the budget of his film.
The Silver Shadow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2007, 11:51 AM   #13
jhunter1163

They must notify the makers of the films they select, right? Haven't heard a peep out of ol' Dylan regarding this.. I think he's hoping that people will forget about it in the runup to the next anniversary.

Dylan wouldn't be able to help himself, had he gotten in. He'd be planning all kinds of twoofy stuff to coincide with this. He's not though.. he's kinda holed up in his trailer. It wouldn't be a secret if he got in, would it? You'd WANT the buzz of getting into TIFF, right?

The silence is deafening....
Old 4th July 2007, 12:23 PM   #14
jhunter1163

And, straight from the horse's mouth....

[johnCT] 3:13 pm: hey everyone
[waxem] 3:13 pm: yo
[LinKuei] 3:13 pm: hey
[Aldo Marquis CIT] 3:13 pm: yo
[AJFan] 3:13 pm: Hi
[Aldo Marquis CIT] 3:14 pm: the the the the treeeeeees
[waxem] 3:14 pm: brb
[johnCT] 3:14 pm: what's going on in here?
[Aldo Marquis CIT] 3:14 pm: I think Mike Walter was smoking tree when he signed up f this assignment
[AJFan] 3:14 pm: Just got here
[LinKuei] 3:14 pm: speaking of which...
[johnCT] 3:14 pm: I was just browsing the LC forum
[Aldo Marquis CIT] 3:14 pm: we're talking about the incredibly smooth Mike Walter
[AJFan] 3:14 pm: I was wondering if LC:FC was going to make it to the Toronto Film Festival
[johnCT] 3:14 pm: oh
[AJFan] 3:15 pm: That would be so cool
[dylan avery] 3:15 pm: AJ they haven't made any decisions yet
[V] 3:15 pm: how many theatres is loose change showing in so far?
[AJFan] 3:15 pm: Damn
[dylan avery] 3:15 pm: Nothing's been officially accepted

Opinions?
Old 4th July 2007, 12:43 PM   #15
jhunter1163

More breaking news from LC Chat:

[dylan avery] 3:37 pm: We're showing it in NYC on 9112007
[dylan avery] 3:37 pm: Period
[dylan avery] 3:37 pm: Other than that
[waxem] 3:37 pm: we gotta sit back guys i dont want to but hey
[dylan avery] 3:37 pm: The future is uncertain
[Recut] 3:37 pm: wow
[Recut] 3:37 pm: lol
[dylan avery] 3:37 pm: And let me remind you we got sued in late 2006 and had to redo the 2nd Edition all over
again
[Recut] 3:37 pm: didnt knoe dylan was here
[dylan avery] 3:37 pm: That was a major wrench in the works
[williams] 3:37 pm: are release delays because of new information or other difficulties?
[bushhater] 3:37 pm: damn lawsuits
[dylan avery] 3:38 pm: See above Williams
[dylan avery] 3:38 pm: I spelled it out
[bushhater] 3:38 pm: well, he doesn't wanna get sued again
[Recut] 3:38 pm: who sued u guys?
[Recut] 3:38 pm: news corperations>
[Recut] 3:38 pm: ?
[dylan avery] 3:38 pm: Other than that, making a movie that's being expected by all parties to be 100% is a difficult
task
[dylan avery] 3:38 pm: No Recut the Naudets
[Recut] 3:38 pm: eh
[thehighwaymanq] 3:38 pm: yo dylan, any new devolpments on 9-8/9/10/11- 07
[bushhater] 3:38 pm: bastards
[Recut] 3:39 pm: so wat u guys gonna do today
[Recut] 3:39 pm: light of some fireworks?
[waxem] 3:39 pm: lc has become a worldwide film and doc, this will never be easy, copyrights, credits and basic
acknowledgements
[dylan avery] 3:39 pm: No HMQ
[dylan avery] 3:39 pm: Soon
Old 4th July 2007, 01:03 PM   #16
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man

Message for Dylan Avery:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Truck_of_fail.jpg (77.7 KB, 17 views)
1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2007, 01:49 PM   #17
Civilized Worm
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post

Yes it is Dylan, that's why you shouldn't promise people things that haven't been confirmed yet.
Civilized Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2007, 01:55 PM   #18
Alareth
Philosopher

The title of this thread is to wordy. It should be shortened to the sussinct and more accurate, "LC:FC Fails"

Pure elegance in it's simplicity.
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2007, 02:04 PM   #19
CHF
Illuminator

If I were a regular at Dylan's playpen, I'd be downright pissed at being led to believe that so many of Dylan's promises are turning out to be duds.

But they're hanging in there ensuring that their devestation will be all the more complete.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2007, 02:27 PM   #20
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Cue "Nearer, My God to Thee" as bow dips below the surface.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2007, 07:21 PM   #21
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
Either that, or "Autumn"
Old 4th July 2007, 07:31 PM   #22
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

My boat is named the S.S. Wallace Hartley, for the bandleader on the Titanic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_Hartley

I thought it was too bad that LC didn't make it as an in-flight movie, since it is very similar to a jet engine. It both sucks and blows.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling

Last edited by CptColumbo; 4th July 2007 at 07:36 PM.
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2007, 10:04 PM   #23
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by 1337m4n View Post
Message for Dylan Avery:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Failboat.jpg (25.3 KB, 10 views)
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2007, 04:25 AM   #24
Dr Adequate
Banned

Originally Posted by Dylan Avery View Post
The future is uncertain
And you're a bit vague about the past, too, aren't you?
Dr Adequate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2007, 05:01 AM   #25
TheGrunion
Critical Thinker

I don't know why, but I found the part I bolded really funny.

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
More breaking news from LC Chat:

[dylan avery] 3:37 pm: We're showing it in NYC on 9112007
[dylan avery] 3:37 pm: Period
[dylan avery] 3:37 pm: Other than that
[waxem] 3:37 pm: we gotta sit back guys i dont want to but hey
[Recut] 3:37 pm: wow
[Recut] 3:37 pm: lol
[dylan avery] 3:37 pm: And let me remind you we got sued in late 2006 and had to redo the 2nd Edition all over
again
[Recut] 3:37 pm: didnt knoe dylan was here
[dylan avery] 3:37 pm: That was a major wrench in the works
[williams] 3:37 pm: are release delays because of new information or other difficulties?
[bushhater] 3:37 pm: damn lawsuits
[dylan avery] 3:38 pm: See above Williams
[dylan avery] 3:38 pm: I spelled it out
[bushhater] 3:38 pm: well, he doesn't wanna get sued again
[Recut] 3:38 pm: who sued u guys?
[Recut] 3:38 pm: news corperations>
[Recut] 3:38 pm: ?
[dylan avery] 3:38 pm: Other than that, making a movie that's being expected by all parties to be 100% is a difficult
task
[dylan avery] 3:38 pm: No Recut the Naudets
[Recut] 3:38 pm: eh
[thehighwaymanq] 3:38 pm: yo dylan, any new devolpments on 9-8/9/10/11- 07
[bushhater] 3:38 pm: bastards
[Recut] 3:39 pm: so wat u guys gonna do today
[Recut] 3:39 pm: light of some fireworks?
[waxem] 3:39 pm: lc has become a worldwide film and doc, this will never be easy, copyrights, credits and basic
acknowledgements
[dylan avery] 3:39 pm: No HMQ
[dylan avery] 3:39 pm: Soon
I'm going to have to start dropping that line immediately after someone gives me bad news.
TheGrunion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2007, 11:21 AM   #26
Stankeye
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by CHF View Post
If I were a regular at Dylan's playpen, I'd be downright pissed at being led to believe that so many of Dylan's promises are turning out to be duds.

But they're hanging in there ensuring that their devestation will be all the more complete.
It's called sunk-cost bias.
Stankeye is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2007, 02:47 PM   #27
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post

I should have added: While Dylan attempts to rearrange the deck chairs.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:56 PM   #28
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

Now it's officially official. Loose Change: Final Cut was not accepted by the Toronto International Film Festival. Here's the link to the complete film list for 2007:

http://www.tiff07.ca/filmsandschedules/filmsearch.aspx

Last edited by Alt+F4; 22nd August 2007 at 01:52 PM.
Alt+F4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:14 PM   #29
Alareth
Philosopher

Oh my. How shocking.
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:24 PM   #30
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

So, once again, Dylan has failed to make the final cut...
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:26 PM   #31
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Not it stood a chance of being accepted,anyway.The Toronto Film Festival is one of the biggies in the film world,and I doubt they wanted to smear thier reputation with a obvious piece of crap like LC/FC.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:27 PM   #32
CurtC
Illuminator

Good thing I've been practicing my shocked face since July 3rd like VespaGuy suggested.
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:38 PM   #33
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Blame Canada, blame Canada!
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:53 PM   #34
Thunder
Banned

My heart bleeds for the 9-11 Denial Movement.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2007, 02:06 PM   #35
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by parky76 View Post
My heart bleeds for the 9-11 Denial Movement.
May I suggest you see a doctor immediately? Heart bleeds are no joking matter--they can kill you!

(oh, BTW--- )
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2007, 05:42 PM   #36
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2007, 06:19 PM   #37
fitzgibbon
Master Poster

Dern! And I was so wanting to see Dylan chatting with Norman Jewison at the CFC Barbecue! What a loss!
fitzgibbon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2007, 06:22 PM   #38
John Blonn
Critical Thinker

Clearly Canada is in on it.
John Blonn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2007, 06:24 PM   #39
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by John Blonn View Post
Clearly Canada is in on it.
Just think NORAD!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2007, 07:08 PM   #40
8den
Graduate Poster

I have a humorous story about a film I was working on and the near misspelling of Dan Aykroyd's name in the credits. It premiered at the toronto film festival, it was introduced by Dr Ray Stanz at the festival and everything.

Its a pointless tagent but its a very rate that I can inject this into the average conversation.
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories