IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 7th July 2007, 01:29 PM   #1
Thunder
Banned

What are the FEMA Camps?

There are various websites and videos that supposedly show new internment camps built by FEMA or the DOD. They sit unoccupied but in working order..supposedly. So what are these "camps"? Anyone looked into this?
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2007, 03:10 PM   #2
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

There are no FEMA camps, they are merely abandoned or undeveloped building sites, that the twoofers postulate will be used for such purposes when the US turns into a police state run by the NWO.

Too bizaare and ridiculous a claim to even warrant your time parky...trust me.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2007, 03:30 PM   #3
VanillaCone
Muse

For some reason this brought to mind a vintage Onion article:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...ng_complete_as

Best line: "Crews reconstructed post–Mardi Gras filth and hosed down Bourbon Street with donated urine."
Old 7th July 2007, 03:56 PM   #4
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

You know what scares me worse than a FEMA death camp?

Carnies
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2007, 04:28 PM   #5
VanillaCone
Muse

You think they're scary now? Wait until you see my new film, "Unsecured Carnies." All the major distributors are competing for the rights as we speak, so it should be in multiplexes in time for the six-year anniversary of 9/11. We got temporarily bogged down in a legal dispute, but fortunately Ms. Wilson has agreed to drop her lawsuit in exchange for a small cut of the gross.
Old 7th July 2007, 05:41 PM   #6
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by parky76 View Post
There are various websites and videos that supposedly show new internment camps built by FEMA or the DOD. They sit unoccupied but in working order..supposedly. So what are these "camps"? Anyone looked into this?

Well, since Wikipedia covers the whole truth about the Camps itself:

Quote:
Other theories suggest that FEMA maintains internment camps throughout the United States. One popular online video walks viewers through an alleged camp in Beech Grove, Indiana. Conjecture in this arena has lead to the development of elaborate conspiracy theories regarding the coming of a "FEMA police state".[23][24]

In addition, some conspiracy theorists label FEMA as America's "most powerful organization" due to the nature of the executive orders that are associated with FEMA, orders that have the power to "suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights by the stroke of a Presidential pen"[1].

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fema#Conspiracy_Theories

...maybe someone from Beech Grove, Indiana may uncover the whole truth. Or get deported to Gitmo while attempting to find the twoof. Anyway: I didn't stumble over anything confirming the myth - and I gave it a try a while ago. Maybe someone can add some additional info about that.

Disclaimer: Despite my Avatar, I have no connection to FEMA or any FEMA affiliates whatsoever.
[C:\files\midi\ct-music\twilightzone\midiplay.exe /stop]

Last edited by Oliver; 7th July 2007 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Reason classified due to national security information
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2007, 05:46 PM   #7
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
There are no FEMA camps, they are merely abandoned or undeveloped building sites, that the twoofers postulate will be used for such purposes when the US turns into a police state run by the NWO.

Too bizaare and ridiculous a claim to even warrant your time parky...trust me.

TAM
HA! I've already got my camp assignment, it's to a place called Stalag 13.

They just haven't told me if I'm to be inside or outside the wire, but like a good sheeple I believe whatever my gov tells me is for the best.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2007, 06:04 PM   #8
JayT
Critical Thinker

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Originally Posted by parky76 View Post
If we tell you, then we'll have to kill you.

LOL

You're not supposed to know about them.

They are for use when Bush cronies allow or stage a terror attack to use as an excuse to declare martial law and seize power.

People who ask too many questions will be sent there to fill out questionaires and eat beans for 100 years or until the next free elections, whichever comes first.

Quote:
There ought to be limits to freedom.

George W. Bush
George W. Bush has stated he'd prefer to be a dictator at least three times.

"You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier."
Describing what it's like to be governor of Texas.

(Governing Magazine 7/98)
From Paul Begala's "Is Our Children Learning?"

"I told all four that there are going to be some times where we don't agree with each other, but that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator," Bush joked.

CNN.com, December 18, 2000

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it,"
[Bush] said.

Business Week, July 30, 2001

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

Bush will never die. He'd rig the Hell elections and Satan would be out of a job in no time! Satan couldn't handle the competition.
LOL

I'm ready for that day - I subscribe to Google Alerts!
New! Get the latest news on government detention camps with Google Alerts.

GATES of HELL - ID required

Last edited by JayT; 7th July 2007 at 06:26 PM.
JayT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2007, 06:23 PM   #9
ktesibios
Worthless Aging Hippie

What a peculiar coincidence

I had just finished looking up some material about the Amtrak heavy repair facility at Beech Grove to serve as an example of the conspiracist fantasies about FEMA death camps, I refreshed this page and whaddya know, Oliver has turned up a reference to it.

This one's a classic, right up there with the tales about the gummint buying 107,000 white boxcars with built-in shackles to haul people to the death camps. There are some real indicators of kinship between the two legends.

Most notably, just as a little bit of investiGoogling easily turns up statistics (like these from the Railway Supply Instititute) on freight car production that show that if production of these cars had begun at the beginning of 1995, which is approximately when these rumors started circulating on Usenet, the project would have preempted the nation's entire production of freight cars for nearly two years, so it is that the same minimal effort will turn up discussions among railroad workers and rail buffs about the Beech Grove facility and what they observed at an open house Amtrak held there in 2006, complete with pictures:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussio...31#msg-1251231

http://www.trainorders.com/discussio....php?4,1278448

http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/lofi...hp/t12395.html

Of course, one of the first items in the paranoid conspiracy theorist's catechism is "Thou shalt not expose thyself to the commentary of anyone who might know what they're talking about, nor seek for information anywhere but CT Web sites", so the fact that these claims have been circulating since Bill Clinton's first term, apparently unsullied by the touch of reality, isn't particularly surprising. The PCT industry is as dedicated to recycling as the makers of aluminum cans.

This isn't specifically a troofer thing; these claims are straight outta the "militia" movement of the '90s and if you find them on troofer Web sites it's simply a manifestation of the syndromism (or the "betcha can't eat just one" effect) that keeps the paranoid conspiracy theory industry running at a profit.

Anyway, if anyone feels like rubbing their face in other people's broken thought processes for amusement, just try Googling "beech grove" + FEMA. The result will not disappoint.

Last edited by ktesibios; 7th July 2007 at 06:25 PM. Reason: never trust a spell checker
ktesibios is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2007, 06:41 PM   #10
Rahne Everson
Critical Thinker

I remember talking with a member of the army on leave about this, and he was familiar with one alledged death camp in Alabama. He was actually there some time ago, walking around, and it was just an abandoned and disused military facility. Nothing more.

Of course, I simply have a hard time believing that FEMA can get its act together to deport hundreds of thousands of citizens to concentration camps, but it obviously can't handle the coordination of relief efforts after natural disasters. (But naturally, the camps are just a reason to kill people for the New World Order, why not just let nature do it for them?! Or maybe FEMA CREATED Hurricane Katrina, obviously we have the technology to do so. Mangled quotes from DoD representatives absolutely proves that!)
Rahne Everson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2007, 06:46 PM   #11
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Rahne Everson View Post
Or maybe FEMA CREATED Hurricane Katrina, obviously we have the technology to do so.

No kidding: That's an old hat in the conspiracy world.
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2007, 07:36 PM   #12
Rahne Everson
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
No kidding: That's an old hat in the conspiracy world.
Seriously. Weatherman supporting Katrina conspiracy makes baby Randi cry.

I love Hoagland's nonsense about it though. Given his forte for seeing things, he claims that, since there are pentagonal shapes in the eyes of the four hurricanes that hit Florida in 2004 and in Hurricane Katrina, then they're obviously man made. He never disappoints.

Last edited by Rahne Everson; 7th July 2007 at 07:54 PM.
Rahne Everson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2007, 07:52 PM   #13
Alareth
Philosopher

I knew that link went to Enterprise Mission, yet I clicked it anyway.

My defenses against that sort of thing must be failing due to the unending assault of stupid.
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2007, 08:00 PM   #14
Rahne Everson
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Alareth View Post

My defenses against that sort of thing must be failing due to the unending assault of stupid.
Admittedly I wouldn't even have known about it until I ran into one of Hoagland's groupies. But when you're presented with that kind of ridiculous, you have to laugh to fend off the oncoming aneurysm.
Old 7th July 2007, 10:55 PM   #15
The Demon's Head
Crime cannot be tolerated

What is amazingly hilarious about all the conspiracy theories and claims is that wouldn't the NWO be pissed if all the secretive planning managed to be continuosly leaked. Yet, the NWO doesn't do anything about it. NWO sure doesn't live up to it's name.

The Demon's Head is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2007, 02:03 AM   #16
JayT
Critical Thinker

Exclamation That's How It Always Starts

Originally Posted by The Demon's Head View Post
What is amazingly hilarious about all the conspiracy theories and claims is that wouldn't the NWO be pissed if all the secretive planning managed to be continuosly leaked. Yet, the NWO doesn't do anything about it. NWO sure doesn't live up to it's name.
Aha!

That's exactly what they want you to believe! It works every time!

Don't you ever go to the movies ?

LOL

GATES of HELL - ID required
JayT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2007, 02:55 AM   #17
Wolverine
Centered and One

The FEMA internment/concentration camp claims are nothing new. I'd first encountered them in mid 2002 or so, with the same sequence of archaic executive orders as listed on this page. To the best of my knowledge, this incarnation of the claims actually predates September 11th (that's just one quick example via Google), but has been adjusted after the fact to make room for a varying number of post-911 claims. The same old tired script looks to be making the rounds once again, and some sites even include maps of the "secret camps".

I wonder how many people have even bothered sifting through the claimed locations (the same text is often quoted verbatim by those eagerly onboard the fantasist wagon). As an example, from the first link I posted above:

Quote:
Austin - Robert Mueller Municipal airport has detenion [sic] areas inside hangars.
Mueller used to be the city airport, until Austin-Bergstrom Int'l came along in 1999. Things have clearly changed a bit since the claims were penned; what used to be the old airport is being transformed into a new development. One hangar will be preserved as a landmark along with the old tower.

How devilishly clever, disguising a concentration camp as a modern housing and retail center.

Last edited by Wolverine; 8th July 2007 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Formatting.
Wolverine is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2007, 03:02 AM   #18
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
There are no FEMA camps,
Oh, yes there are. I saw them in Jericho. Just like the entire WTC-plot was exposed in the first epsiode of Lone Gunmen. The nerve of NWO to mock us like this!

/S
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2007, 05:27 AM   #19
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
To the best of my knowledge, this incarnation of the claims actually predates September 11th (that's just one quick example via Google), but has been adjusted after the fact to make room for a varying number of post-911 claims.
Indeed; they predate 9/11 by far. When I was just a high schooler, I read a website which claimed that, when several road signs (i.e., highway/state route directional signs, etc) are clustered together, the arrangement of the reflective DOT stickers on the reverse sides of those signs forms a pattern which was alleged to be directional instructions to mass-internment sites for drivers of detainee-transport vehicles when the UN/NWO invaded.

I wonder if that website is still up.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2007, 09:33 AM   #20
TjW
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder if there would be any market for a "FEMA camp councilor" tee shirt?
TjW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2007, 09:56 AM   #21
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by TjW View Post
That job is taken however there are a number of positions as morale officer open.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2007, 10:04 AM   #22
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by VanillaCone View Post
"Unsecured Carnies"
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2007, 01:50 PM   #23
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

Originally Posted by TjW View Post
Of course. Right on sale next to: "my parents went to a FEMA death camp and all I got was a lousy tee shirt".
Alt+F4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2007, 09:02 PM   #24
ktesibios
Worthless Aging Hippie

Originally Posted by Joshua Korosi View Post
Indeed; they predate 9/11 by far. When I was just a high schooler, I read a website which claimed that, when several road signs (i.e., highway/state route directional signs, etc) are clustered together, the arrangement of the reflective DOT stickers on the reverse sides of those signs forms a pattern which was alleged to be directional instructions to mass-internment sites for drivers of detainee-transport vehicles when the UN/NWO invaded.

I wonder if that website is still up.
It doesn't look like it. However, here's a sample of what I think might have been the original "NWO secret road sign sticker code" Web site, courtesy of the Wayback machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/200507060...reeservers.com

Why did "TACMARS" fade away while "chemtrails" have become Gospel among the patrons of the Alcoa Haberdashery Shoppe? Ask of the winds that far away with fragments strewed the sea!

(But seriously, folks, there's got to be a thesis topic in that very question for some enterprising grad student in social psych.)

And these claims are indeed well past their sell-by date. A search on Google Groups on "death camps" + fema turns up loads of Usenet postings dating as far back as 1997, as does a search on "boxcars + shackles". The claims about the supposed gas chambers at the Amtrak facility at Beech Grove also go back about that far. My hunch is that the reach of Google's newsgroup archive only goes back 10 years or so, since I found posts dating to 1995 in similar searches done a couple of years ago.
Old 8th July 2007, 09:48 PM   #25
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Alareth View Post

I love sending Moon Hoax nutter to see Hoagland's stuff. He does a very nice anti-Apollo Hoax page complete with the explaination of why he's so anti it. Basically he thinks that nutty conspiracies, like Apollo being hoaxed, take away from his genuine conspiracies......

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories