ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags loose change , korey rowe

Old 25th July 2007, 07:26 AM   #1
bje
Graduate Poster

Korey Rowe arrested for desertion

Watch the Truther spin on this one...

7-25-2007
Movie Creator Arrested

By Jake Palmateer
Staff Writer

"ONEONTA _ An Oneonta man who helped produce a 9/11 conspiracy documentary that became an Internet hit was arrested Monday for allegedly deserting the Army.

Korey Rowe, 24, a veteran of Afghanistan and Iraq, was picked up by deputies at about 10:45 p.m. Monday, Otsego County Sheriff Richard Devlin Jr. said.

"Rowe, along with Dylan Avery and Jason Bermas, are members of Louder Than Words, a production company that is working on a third edition of the movie "Loose Change," which contends the U.S. government was involved in the 9/11 terrorist attacks. That edition is intended to be a theatrical release."

continued at:
http://www.thedailystar.com/news/stories/2007/07/25/jprowearrest0722.html

Old 25th July 2007, 07:30 AM   #2
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

remember that respect I had for him?

Neither do I.
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 07:30 AM   #3
nicepants
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by bje View Post
They arrested him because he was exposing the twoof!
nicepants is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 07:39 AM   #4
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

I question the timing, just as Loose Change Final Cut was about to result in a revolution in America!
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 07:46 AM   #5
ref
Master Poster

Well well, I didn't see this coming. We see a deserter, the other side is going to see NWO ties and an anonymous informant tipping the officials.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 07:50 AM   #6
8den
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
I question the timing, just as Loose Change Final Cut was about to result in a revolution in America!

You'll notice there's no announcement no stickie no blog post from Dylan about this yet. Just a thread asking for info, and linking to this article.
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 07:53 AM   #7
uk_dave
Philosopher

Well, the JREF did have a thread asking about Rowes whereabouts not so long ago.

Either foreknowledge or perhaps even an attempt to 'flush him out' .

It's gonna be the JREF's fault.

Then they'll start to wonder if maybe we've got a list ....and whether they're on it.... and if not.... why not? Dammit!
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 07:56 AM   #8
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Wow, between this and Churchill getting fired today is definitely one of those days my Vast Right Wing Conspiracy membership dues are paying off.
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 07:57 AM   #9
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Well, they had a thread on it....but guess what happened almost immediately......
Old 25th July 2007, 07:58 AM   #10
scissorhands
Banned

It was me.
I informed the police.
I have details of the whereabouts of ALL the posters on that forum.
This is just the beginning of the roundup.
scissorhands is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 08:00 AM   #11
nicepants
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by 8den View Post
You'll notice there's no announcement no stickie no blog post from Dylan about this yet. Just a thread asking for info, and linking to this article.
The Korey Rowe Arrest Thread at LCF has been removed!

CONSPIRACY!
I guess the twoof hurts!

So ironic that the people who claim they are most interested in the "truth" are the first ones to obstruct it.
nicepants is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 08:00 AM   #12
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Well, they had a thread on it....but guess what happened almost immediately......
OMFG you're right!!

Why on earth would they consider it worth deleting? I thought the 'truthers' would be lapping it up......

(My main concern was that RevolutionJim was doing too good a job over there sowing discord on our behalf with his fanatical creationist crap that no one was going to notice the Rowe thread.... oh well)
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 08:02 AM   #13
scissorhands
Banned

They can run, but they cant hide.
scissorhands is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 08:06 AM   #14
NobbyNobbs
Gazerbeam's Protege

Originally Posted by bje View Post

7-25-2007
Movie Creator Arrested

By Jake Palmateer
Staff Writer

"ONEONTA _ An Oneonta man who helped produce a 9/11 conspiracy documentary that became an Internet hit was arrested Monday for allegedly deserting the Army.

Korey Rowe, 24, a veteran of Afghanistan and Iraq, was picked up by deputies at about 10:45 p.m. Monday, Otsego County Sheriff Richard Devlin Jr. said.
I read this far and stopped, because I was laughing too hard.

Am I a bad person?
NobbyNobbs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 08:15 AM   #15
mortimer
NWO Janitor

I can't believe they deleted it, considering the description of this LC forum:

9/11 Truth and Loose Change in the media
Post any 9/11 or Loose Change related articles in here. Remember, there is no bad publicity.
Old 25th July 2007, 08:19 AM   #16
Calcas
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by uk_dave View Post
OMFG you're right!!

Why on earth would they consider it worth deleting? I thought the 'truthers' would be lapping it up......

(My main concern was that RevolutionJim was doing too good a job over there sowing discord on our behalf with his fanatical creationist crap that no one was going to notice the Rowe thread.... oh well)
They can't handle ther truth.

Have you see the meltdown on the "Ron Paul denies 9-11 was an inside job" thread?

BTW, I love your siggy. Every time I read it I think of a certain pentagon flyover spouting nut...
Calcas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 08:19 AM   #17
strathmeyer
Master Poster

Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
I can't believe they deleted it, considering the description of this LC forum:

9/11 Truth and Loose Change in the media
Post any 9/11 or Loose Change related articles in here. Remember, there is no bad publicity.
Well, it is kinda funny that the third thread on that page and the one with by far the most replies is "Are Mormons Christians? Mormon For President?"
strathmeyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 08:21 AM   #18
Mr. Skinny
Alien Cryogenic Engineer

To be fair, he hasn't been convicted yet.

That said, I find the whole situation very interesting. Has anyone seen NWO kitty?

I see a comic strip in the making from one of you agents.
"Deities do not organize, they command." - Hokulele
Mr. Skinny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 08:30 AM   #19
CHF
Illuminator

Stage 1 of Operation Idiot Cleanse is complete. Proceeding to stage 2.

Does anyone have a copy of Imperial March from Empire Strikes Back? It would make awesome background music as the FEMA stormtroops surround Dylan's clubhouse.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 08:33 AM   #20
nicepants
Graduate Poster

Looks like it was posted again...anyone want to take bets on how long it lasts?

My $5 says 15 minutes or less

(Post time was 10:31 am)

Last edited by nicepants; 25th July 2007 at 08:41 AM.
Old 25th July 2007, 08:44 AM   #21
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Dylan: This is gonna piss off our fans...it will be all over the forums

Legal Council: Do not allow anything to be posted on your forum concerning this. Any postings may be collected and used by the prosecution.

Dylan: Oh Shaite.....JASON!!!!

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 08:48 AM   #22
Calcas
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by nicepants View Post

My $5 says 15 minutes or less

(Post time was 10:31 am)
It looks like they're going to let this one stay.

Dylan finally responds and posts,

"It's legit.

We have no comment on this time. I haven't even spoken to him since it happened."
Calcas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 08:53 AM   #23
nicepants
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Calcas View Post
It looks like they're going to let this one stay.

Dylan finally responds and posts,

"It's legit.

We have no comment on this time. I haven't even spoken to him since it happened."
...and they moved it into the Lounge....the location of the original thread...which was removed. heh.

Well Dylan says it's true, so it must be true.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:01 AM   #24
CHF
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dylan Avery
It's legit.

We have no comment on this time. I haven't even spoken to him since it happened.
Well is there any message you want me to pass on to him, Dylan?

Korey's sitting right here in the NWO interrogation room. Poor sod looks absolutely terrified.

He'll be OK though. We just want to know why on earth he would deliberately leave errors in LC, that's all.

Last edited by CHF; 25th July 2007 at 09:28 AM.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 09:02 AM   #25
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by nicepants View Post
Originally Posted by Roxdog
Even if he did "desert" them he has every right to. I would say it's more accurate to say THEY deserted HIM. This is bullsh^t. <_<
Nice to see that outside of 9/11 conspiracies they're grounded in anything resembling reality. Oh man, I've got to join this forum.
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 09:03 AM   #26
nicepants
Graduate Poster

LOL check out Roxdog's wisdom:

"Even if he did 'desert' them he has every right to" LOL

That's right, enlisted folks, you have "every right to desert".

I suppose you also "have every right" to kill someone...doesn't mean you won't suffer the consequences.

ETA: You beat me to it, drudgewire.

Last edited by nicepants; 25th July 2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:04 AM   #27
scissorhands
Banned

Quote:
Well is there any message you want to pass on to him, Dylan?

Korey's sitting right here in the NWO interrogation room. Poor sod looks absolutely terrified.

He'll be OK though. We just want to know why on earth he would deliberately leave errors in LC, that's all.

Ron Paul has authorised the cleanup, DA will be able to tell you himself fairly soon.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:09 AM   #28
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Most of them are of the "He didn't do it, it's all a conspiracy" line. But Roxpup has a refreshing take on the situation:

Quote:
Even if he did "desert" them he has every right to. I would say it's more accurate to say THEY deserted HIM. This is ********

"He didn't do it, and even if he did, so what?"

ETA: D'oh! Slow fingers!
Old 25th July 2007, 09:10 AM   #29
ref
Master Poster

Info to Dylan,

People from this forum have fought in Desert Storm, for example. Dylan has written his usual JREF complaint post.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 09:12 AM   #30
Dumb All Over
A Little Ugly on the Side

Location: They call it the Earth (which is a dumb kinda name)
The latest post from Dylan

Quote:
"And, as always, JREF is running rampant with insults and immaturity.

These people can pick on Korey all they want, but unless any of them had the courage to pick up a gun and go overseas, they don't have a leg to stand on.

The nerve of these people.

I thought they had hit a new low when one of their members said they wish they had the chance to knock out Dan Wallace before he passed away. Guess not."
The Three Word Story Pledge of Allegiance- "I Hereby swear upon Engelbert's grave that I will gallop, not stride run, not walk posting three words on Shemp's honor, honoring: bananas, dwarfs, clarinets, [the 7th naughty forum word], haggis, Batman, nuns, wombats until such time as I'm sober. Or dead."
"Some people have a way with words, other people...Um...Oh...Uh, not have way." -Steve Martin
Dumb All Over is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 09:19 AM   #31
mrfreeze
Critical Thinker

Who the hell here said something like that about Dan Wallace? That sounds more like Troy material than anything someone here would say. At the very least I would expect them to get torn a new one.
mrfreeze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 09:22 AM   #32
Mr. Skinny
Alien Cryogenic Engineer

Originally Posted by Dylan Avery
These people can pick on Korey all they want, but unless any of them had the courage to pick up a gun and go overseas, they don't have a leg to stand on.
And Dylan served in the military overseas when? I must have missed him mentioning his service.

Guess he doesn't have a leg to stand on then.

The nerve.
Mr. Skinny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 09:22 AM   #33
CHF
Illuminator

Quote:

The nerve of these people.
This from the punk who disregards the testimony of military personel at the Pentagon.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:23 AM   #34
nicepants
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Dumb All Over View Post
Translation: Since Korey served in the military, his desertion should be overlooked.

Sorry, dylan. While I respect the service of all members of the armed forces, that doesn't put them above the law.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:25 AM   #35
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by Mr. Skinny View Post
And Dylan served in the military overseas when? I must have missed him mentioning his service.

Guess he doesn't have a leg to stand on then.

The nerve.
It's the fact he would never say anything bad about the military that gives him his credence. I know when I think "Truth Movement," the very first thing that comes to mind is how steadfastly they support our troops.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:30 AM   #36
Grimlorn
Scholar

I'm curious about this. Is it true? Its hard to tell with all the jokes and sarcasm around the thread, since I'm new here.

Its odd for them to go after deserters. I've read that the government doesn't really go after them at all and deserters can go back to living their lives in peace. As long as they don't get a ticket or arrested, they won't appear on their radar.
Grimlorn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2007, 09:34 AM   #37
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by Grimlorn View Post
I've read that the government doesn't really go after them at all and deserters can go back to living their lives in peace. As long as they don't get a ticket or arrested, they won't appear on their radar.
Or stand on rooftops accusing the government of orchestrating the deaths of over three thousand people after the fact.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:35 AM   #38
Mr. Skinny
Alien Cryogenic Engineer

Originally Posted by Drudgewire View Post
It's the fact he would never say anything bad about the military that gives him his credence. I know when I think "Truth Movement," the very first thing that comes to mind is how steadfastly they support our troops.
I found it interesting that Dylan thinks freedom of speech only applies to those that have picked up a gun and gone overseas.

The only reason I didn't go to Vietnam was that I "won the lottery" so to speak in 1970.

I've been working for the Air Force since before Dylan was a gleam in his daddy's eye. I've never picked up a gun in defense of the nation, but I've helped put a few high tech "guns" (for lack of a better word) into the hands of those who do fight.

He can kiss my butt.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:35 AM   #39
ref
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Grimlorn View Post
I'm curious about this. Is it true? Its hard to tell with all the jokes and sarcasm around the thread, since I'm new here.

Its odd for them to go after deserters. I've read that the government doesn't really go after them at all and deserters can go back to living their lives in peace. As long as they don't get a ticket or arrested, they won't appear on their radar.
It's true.

Old 25th July 2007, 09:36 AM   #40
mrfreeze
Critical Thinker

You know, that is the great thing about the twoof movement. When Korey was a decorated veteran who served in both Iraq and Afghanistan, he was a war hero who none of us should dare attack. Now that it has come out that he ran like a coward, he is a hero for not taking part in "this illegal war" and how dare any of us attack him. Brilliant work twoofers, Korey's service record is now only surpassed by Jesse Mcbeths.
mrfreeze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories