ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags david shayler

Old 30th July 2007, 07:05 AM   #1
MikeW
Graduate Poster

David Shayler debunks self

For all those who thought no-planes represented the most extreme views of ex-MI5 officer David Shayler, he's exceeded them x1000 by, it seems, heading full-on into David Icke territory.

Quote:
"An extremely tolerant and generally sympathetic audience sat in stunned silence as they endured an hour long narcissistic monologue during which a frail-looking David Shayler explained that he was not only the re-incarnation of the Christ but also the re-incarnation of King Arthur, Leonardo Da Vinci and a whole host of other historically significant characters."
http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=83285
MikeW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 07:08 AM   #2
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Sounds just like our friend Galileo on this site. He claims to be related to many you have mentioned...lol

Perhaps Gal is Shayler.

Another Kook steps off the deep end of the deep end.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 07:11 AM   #3
uk_dave
Philosopher

Apparently, it's something in the water...or the sheep....or maybe he scored some bad acid at the festival this year.... or maybe he hasn't quite come to terms with the fact that Roger Daltrey appears to be immortal......

Quote:
Thermate:Glastonbury can do strange things to an individual with heightened perceptions. The energies there are not at all what one might call 'healthy'. It is an area that genuine Chinese Feng Shui masters avoid like the plague. Around the Tor lies an ancient sickness. Has no one else here experienced it?
He's right though. You never see a Chinese Feng Shui master in Glastonbury. Spoooooky!
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 07:12 AM   #4
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

FINALLY! Maybe this is the guy that will finally blow the lid off 9/11 and put the blame where it really belongs.

Directly on the dastardly Knights Templar.
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 07:17 AM   #5
uk_dave
Philosopher

It's a scary time to be a David in the UK.....

...... for I am the son of light and upon my breath the heralds of a thousand demons shall perish like butterflies in the torrent of a summer storm.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 09:46 AM   #6
scissorhands
Banned

Shayler really has gone space cadet.
He has found his audience on the UK festival circuit.

Warning -Concentrated Woo.

http://people.tribe.net/knowledgeisp...8-ca8fdf4a4148
scissorhands is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 09:55 AM   #7
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by scissorhands View Post

Apparently......

Quote:
It was phat.

I'm sooooo embarassed. Honestly though, not everyone in the UK is like that.

Please believe me.

Pleeeaaasssseeee.

We only have people like that for the tourists, see? Just like the Royal family and Scotland. They serve no useful purpose other than to attract tourists.

OK OK, I'll get the NWO Kitty onto it.
Old 30th July 2007, 10:19 AM   #8
scissorhands
Banned

You need to find your inner self with some crystal therapy magick.
scissorhands is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 10:25 AM   #9
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

What the hell is happening with the 9/11 CTers lately? They all seem raving, purple-veined crazy, and/or are 15 year old kids. It was hard to imagine the thruthers going downhill (they started out pretty low to begin with), but against all odds they seem to be doing it.
Old 30th July 2007, 10:32 AM   #10
Par
Master Poster

Quote:
Sounds like Shayler has been got at. First I thought he was playing a dirty game, but this is delusional stuff. Looking frail?

Slow poisoning not out of the question.

When faced with the possibility that a conspiracy theorist might be insane, any other explanation, no matter how unparsimonious, is preferable.
Par is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 10:32 AM   #11
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

You need to find your inner self with some crystal therapy magick.
I suspect many truthers, who have major web sites, use the same as the fuel to make them go.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 10:35 AM   #12
NickUK
Critical Thinker

I say well done Gravy and all at Chemtrail Towers, we've mind controlled another one!

High Fives all round!

"that is a popular misconception or LIE...not saying you are lying, just saying that is not true..."
NickUK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 10:42 AM   #13
Pardalis
Banned

I can endure space beams, pyroclastic flows and imaginary flyovers (for a while) but this is the kind of woo that really freaks me out.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 11:16 AM   #14
scissorhands
Banned

Quote:
Everyone can enjoy the Oneheart Weave in their own capacity without being a “dancer”. This Dance already happens naturally throughout our Body and the Universe. By actually following its pattern with the one beat rhythm of the drum (complementary instruments optional) we can overcome all the imbalances throughout the body and consequently attain the harmony between Heart and Mind. This unification correlates with the prophetic union of the Condor (Heart) and the Eagle (Mind).

We all came from the same Oneness and will return to the Oneness. HOW we will return is the Question. So, the last question is… “to BE or not to BE”. The “in-between”, from Oneness to Oneness, is the Realm we find ourselves in today… to find out what it takes to bridge the two sides which are One in essence. This “in-between is the “Dance”. The “not to BE” is identified by the “Dance” or fleeting moment. The “Dancer” relative to the “Dance” is the Eternal Self, the one who we truly ARE. In the “Dance” we literally “shake off” the “not to BE” or illusory “me”. This course of action can go along with the Joy from the Heart. The sacred Oneheart Dance-path has been given by the Universe for this purpose. With the comprehension of the following texts the Dancer can become more powerful with each Step, to then “Fly in Spirit”.
Old 30th July 2007, 12:14 PM   #15
Dave_46
Muse

Originally Posted by uk_dave View Post

<snip?
You don't scare me

much

Dave
Dave_46 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 12:45 PM   #16
Dragon
Graduate Poster

I guess those drugs MI5 slipped into his bedtime cocoa have worked ...
Old 30th July 2007, 01:03 PM   #17
CurtC
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
What the hell is happening with the 9/11 CTers lately? They all seem raving, purple-veined crazy, and/or are 15 year old kids.
As anyone with a lick of sense would realize eventually that the conspiracy theories are crazy, after a while the only ones left are the craziest.
Old 30th July 2007, 01:33 PM   #18
Newtons Bit
Philosopher

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
Sounds just like our friend Galileo on this site. He claims to be related to many you have mentioned...lol

Perhaps Gal is Shayler.

Another Kook steps off the deep end of the deep end.

TAM

I'm related to Isaac Newton!!@1 Well, he'd be like a nth cousin nth removed. His grandfather is in my paternal line.

It's really nothing special though. If you go through enough generations, everybody is related to everybody. Ghengis Khan is said to be the ultimate father of something like 0.5% of the entire world. Claiming to be descended from someone else is really just trying to use their fame to prop up your own claims. It's a pathetic argument.
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein
Newtons Bit is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 02:26 PM   #19
peteweaver
Graduate Poster

If Shayler was King Arthur in a previous life, then I'm gonna be Jon Ronson in my next one, just so I can swear at him on BBC radio lol.
peteweaver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 02:31 PM   #20
scissorhands
Banned

Funny retrospective about his interview with Shayler from Jon Ronson here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...118442,00.html

And here is David, frightening innocent people at The Big Green Gathering.

Last edited by scissorhands; 30th July 2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 30th July 2007, 02:49 PM   #21
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Haven't you ever hear of pixelation? Eeeeeeewwwwww...
Old 30th July 2007, 02:57 PM   #22
scissorhands
Banned

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
Haven't you ever hear of pixelation? Eeeeeeewwwwww...
It took me long enough to photoshop the underwear on, I didnt think Id need to pixellate it too.
Old 30th July 2007, 03:10 PM   #23
GlennB
In search of pi(e)

Originally Posted by Newtons Bit View Post

It's really nothing special though. If you go through enough generations, everybody is related to everybody. Ghengis Khan is said to be the ultimate father of something like 0.5% of the entire world....
Try this - you have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great-grandparents, 16 great-great-grandparents etc etc.
Go back enough generations and you'll have more ancestors than the total population of the world at the time. Therefore, everyone *must* be descended from Ghengis Khan (and, for many of us, Isaac Newton)

Hi cousin !
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 03:20 PM   #24
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
Try this - you have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great-grandparents, 16 great-great-grandparents etc etc.
Go back enough generations and you'll have more ancestors than the total population of the world at the time. Therefore, everyone *must* be descended from Ghengis Khan (and, for many of us, Isaac Newton)

Hi cousin !
Whoa... Do you realize what this means? This could only mean that trillions of human beings spontaneously popped into existence some many thousands years ago and the population has been dwindling ever since. You can't argue with the math!
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 03:31 PM   #25
Newtons Bit
Philosopher

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
Whoa... Do you realize what this means? This could only mean that trillions of human beings spontaneously popped into existence some many thousands years ago and the population has been dwindling ever since. You can't argue with the math!

I love the flaw in the logic of this. It's a fun one
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein
Newtons Bit is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 03:45 PM   #26
GlennB
In search of pi(e)

Originally Posted by Newtons Bit View Post
I love the flaw in the logic of this. It's a fun one
yep - we're all one big happy family
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 04:45 PM   #27
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
yep - we're all one big happy family
Dad? Is that you?
Old 30th July 2007, 04:53 PM   #28
hellaeon
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
What the hell is happening with the 9/11 CTers lately? They all seem raving, purple-veined crazy, and/or are 15 year old kids. It was hard to imagine the thruthers going downhill (they started out pretty low to begin with), but against all odds they seem to be doing it.
I have noticed this as well.

I think its due to the original theories being shown to be absurd and you either save face and see your mistakes then and there or delve even deeper to the well of crazy.

The CTer, whos sole ambition is to attract attention to themselves to help elevate self importance in their drab boring lives, lends themselves to even more extreme and radical scenarios.

Life is more fun when your in your own personal Jame Bond sequel. To combat debunking, just add a new twist (eg: I am a reincarnation of Adolf Hitler) in the movie plot.

Last edited by hellaeon; 30th July 2007 at 05:02 PM.
hellaeon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2007, 10:17 PM   #29
uk_dave
Philosopher

Funny retrospective about his interview with Shayler from Jon Ronson here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...118442,00.html

And here is David, frightening innocent people at The Big Green Gathering.

http://www.skydancer.com/bgg/t28.jpg
Perhaps we can circumvent the new obscenity rules by adopting "what jon ronson said" instead of "**** Off!"
Old 31st July 2007, 04:03 AM   #30
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I dunno, apart from Icke and Shayler I'd say at least three of us are sane.

...... for I am the son of light and upon my breath the heralds of a thousand demons shall perish like butterflies in the torrent of a summer storm.
... OK, maybe two.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2007, 05:39 AM   #31
NoZed Avenger
Penultimate Amazing

O . . . K . . .

No sudden moves.

Just back away slooooowwllly.

Keep smiling.

Do nothing to provoke him.

What? Shayler? Oh, I was talking about the Marquis.
NoZed Avenger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2007, 05:48 AM   #32
Zep
Banned

http://www.jmphoto.com/grscrnew/gsimages/Groovy%20Baby.jpg
Zep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2007, 05:59 AM   #33
CHF
Illuminator

Wait, wait...let me see if I understand this.

This David Shayler character is ex-MI5, a truther and the UK movement's most prominent voice?

And now he's a no-planer who thinks he's God?

Do I have that right?
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2007, 06:15 AM   #34
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CHF View Post
Wait, wait...let me see if I understand this.

This David Shayler character is ex-MI5, a truther and the UK movement's most prominent voice?

And now he's a no-planer who thinks he's God?

Do I have that right?
Yes. Personally, I blame the giant shape-shifting alien space lizards.
Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2007, 06:24 AM   #35
scissorhands
Banned

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/vi...f590b9bf9e94cd

Lots of skunk and flyagaric mushrooms certainly help me when trying to unblock my emotional log jams and find the truth about 9/11.

Quote:
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Watcher for your astute report.

No Thermate, this is certainly not the Glasto vibe, Dave was already planning last night's revelations whilst still in Bristol & Totnes, with those closest to him struggling to dissuade him, but to no avail, q.e.d..

This actually has been coming on for a very long time; I observed the beginnings of it last year when Dave was living under my roof. He was doing a lot of skunk and trying to clear up some massive internal emotional log-jam with the aid of mushrooms & a plant, can't remember their names, something beginning with A. He had issues going back to infancy which in fairness he was trying to deal with but kept getting distracted by psychic experiences (induced by the drugs) and of course the relationship with Annie was on the rocks too. It was immediately clear why: he lacked basic consideration for those around him, he was undisciplined, physically lazy and slovenly, in stark contrast to Annie, who is ultra-considerate, disciplined and a very hard worker as we all know.

To give David the benefit of the doubt though (despite everything I remain very fond of him and eternally respectful of his bravery in exposing the machinations of the secret state), the less attractive personal behaviours including the aggression if challenged (I soon learned not to!!) could well have been the beginnings of the psychosis; I've seen similar symptoms in my own schizophrenic daughter & fellow-patients with long-term mental illnesses. And I have to say I roundly blame the skunk and possibly the other substances for turning what yes, was very probably the beginnings of a spiritual awakening in the best sense into something sadly more mundane and pathological.

Well there it is: my view is that Dave needs rest and care and as little of the oxygen of publicity for his grandiose self-perceptions as can be arranged, or not arranged - for his own and everyone else's good he shouldn't be on platforms at the moment, at least yesterday's performance will have clarified that.

Holy, enlightened, Messianic, etc. is as holy, enlightened & Messianic does! It takes sometimes years of discipline and patient work on the self to achieve genuine spirituality, which then manifests as quiet power, attunement to people and to nature, delightful humour and a marked lack of any form of self-aggrandisement.

In the meantime, the best resource of any aspirant on the path, better than mushrooms, mantras or meditation etc. comes from working together with others, preferably those with a similar bent or a common goal, and from LISTENING, learning and looking out for each other. So I hope that Dave when he comes out of this (as I sincerely hope he will, he's a hugely worthwhile person as we all know) will put team-working and sensitivity to others much higher up his scale of priorities.

For the moment though he’s a sick member of our community who needs our love and care to help him recover, and those immediately involved in looking after him need to be supported too.

Last edited by scissorhands; 31st July 2007 at 06:29 AM.
Old 31st July 2007, 06:33 AM   #36
Pipirr
Graduate Poster

David Shayler - the guy that kept being trotted out for the quote of the day on UK television news?

Admittedly this was probably back in the '90's, but... that guy?
Pipirr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2007, 06:42 AM   #37
scissorhands
Banned

Yeah him, ex MI5 "whistleblower", he was in the limelight for a while when he ran off to France and wouldnt return to face the consequences of his actions.
He found 9/11 cts to suit his self aggrandisement since then.
Old 31st July 2007, 06:46 AM   #38
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by Pipirr View Post
David Shayler - the guy that kept being trotted out for the quote of the day on UK television news?

Admittedly this was probably back in the '90's, but... that guy?
Yes that guy, the traitor who betrayed the trust his nation had put in him in order to sell a few books.

Sheller the jumped up filing clerk at the Security Service (“MI5”) who discovered that in eth 60’s and 70’s many people who later became Cabinet Ministers were members of leftwing organisations which the Security Service infiltrated. David Shayler who wrote about this revelation, and liked the publicity and so started making more and more incredible “revelations” about what eth security service got up too.
David Shayler that eventually started spouting no plane nonsense and JFK CT’s.

This is the bottom of along slope for this disgraceful human being, who was always much more interested in his own fame, ego and money than in truth.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2007, 06:53 AM   #39
Zep
Banned

At least that report shows what is the most parsimonious explanation - he is doped out of his tiny mind currently, and is not holding his tish together.
Zep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2007, 07:04 AM   #40
Pipirr
Graduate Poster

To this day I don't understand why he got so much airtime. He was treated like an expert opinion, from what I remember. Hopefully not anymore.
Pipirr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories