ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 9th August 2007, 06:01 AM   #1
stateofgrace

Question for thruthers, the international response.

Ok I am fed up with seeing remarks like this from truthers

Quote:
So, my question is, are you (as americans?) happy with a report into the death of 3000 of your fellow countrymen that is vehemently dismissed by many of its progenitors? Are you happy with this?
Quote:
Riiight... and why is the 911 inside job something that only engineers should be able to decipher?
Quote:
I'm making you head sheep. You get a special bell. Well done!

Eyes on the sheep dip everyone!
Quote:
It is a blatantly bungled inside job.

Quote:
911 was an inside job

So everybody that does not buy into the theory that 911 is so blatantly an inside job is a sheep? Right? Including these people

Quote:
Before 9/11, fewer than 30 countries were committed to sharing information about the identities of suspected terrorists. Since 9/11, police agencies from more than 100 countries have worked together to identify over 10,000 suspected terrorists. This is nearly five times more than were known before 9/11. These terrorist suspects are now listed in INTERPOL's larger database of suspected criminals of all types. This is only one part of a secure global police communication system -- which did not exist before 9/11.
Quote:
Since that day, police have conducted more than a million searches in this database, generating over 130,000 hits. Linking suspects to different types of crime is one of the most effective ways of discovering information that can help police disrupt potential terrorist plots. Terrorists connect with other international criminals in obtaining and transporting the material, funding, false passports, information and other devices they need for attacks. Finding these connections allSince 9/11, as more countries' police agencies have shared more information internationally, more international criminals have been identified and arrested, and more terrorist plots have been disrupted. Between 9/11 and today, the number of wanted persons annually sought for arrest through INTERPOL has more than doubled (to over 16,000 in 2005). The number of annual arrests of criminals wanted internationally has more than tripled (to over 3,000 in 2005). In total, more than 14,000 international criminals have been arrested in the last five years.
Quote:
LYON, France (CNN) -- Interpol issued an arrest warrant Tuesday for an Egyptian-born surgeon reported to be Osama bin Laden's deputy, the international police organization said in a statement.
Interpol said it was posting the notice, the equivalent of an all-points bulletin, at the request of Egyptian police for Aiman al Zawahri, a leader of the al Jihad terrorist group.
Quote:
September 11 has also brought about a refocusing of police duties and a re-alignment between federal and local policing. Federal agencies now devote more attention than ever before on counter-terrorist measures. The Federal Bureau of Investigation has some 4,000 working on terrorism
Quote:
Counter-terrorist policing activities have been conducted in many countries, especially in Europe. In Italy, some 600 agents have been assigned to investigate the money trail of the al-Qaeda network. In November 2001, it was announced that foreign intelligence and police agencies in some 50 countries had arrested no less than 360 suspects with connections to the al-Qaeda network. Of these 360 arrests abroad, about 100 took place in Europe, the same number in the Middle East, 30 in Latin America, and 20 in Africa
Quote:
Since Sept. 11, law enforcement agencies in 120 countries have joined in an unprecedented effort to track down alleged terrorists -- an effort that amounts to a global civilian front in the war.
This international police work stands in sharp contrast to earlier failed attempts to fight crime globally.
After the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon:
  • Hundreds of terrorist suspects were arrested or indicted by authorities in 24 countries, according to U.S. State Department sources. Nations that made arrests include Sudan and Syria, both of which have been identified by the State Department as sponsors of terrorist organizations.
  • The latest example: German authorities' arrest yesterday of Mounir El Motassadeq, suspected of funneling money to the Sept. 11 hijackers while they were learning to fly planes in the United States.
  • Law enforcement agencies around the world seized $56 million in suspected terrorist assets and froze accounts containing millions more, the Treasury Department says. Of the money seized, more than half -- $29 million --was taken by authorities outside the United States.
  • Even nations that have been zealous guardians of banking secrecy such as the Bahamas and Switzerland have played critical roles in the attempt to ferret out terrorists and their funds.

This is called the international response and I have quoted from a few of the thousands of hits I got when I goggled Interpol and 911.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=interpol+investigate+sept+11+attack s&meta=

So why does the international intelligence agencies not agree with the truthers? Are they sheep? Are Interpol in on it ? Does the US run them all ?

Is there a single intelligence agency, anywhere that agrees with truthers?
Why do they not get in touch with Interpol and share their evidence?

stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2007, 06:21 AM   #2
CHF
Illuminator

I'd like to see a list of all the agencies and individuals who are either in on the plot or are part of the cover up.

It's well into the tens of thousands at this point.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2007, 07:38 AM   #3
Sabrina
Wicked Lovely

Just in the US, it would be the sixteen major intelligence agencies, each of which easily employ approximately five thousand people on average. Granted, not all of them would have access to the pertinent info, but even allowing for that, you're looking at close to 50,000 people, I'd guess.
Sabrina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2007, 07:43 AM   #4
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Dud, theyr sheep jus lik u. 911 wuz an inside jobb.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2007, 07:46 AM   #5
EventHorizon
Atheist Tergiversator

They're all a part of the NWO I guess? I don't know? You'd probably have to kill a significant number of brain cells before you can understand truther logic anyway I imagine.
EventHorizon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2007, 07:47 AM   #6
JonnyFive
Illuminator

Ah, but you're all forgetting that the world government is a giant, monolithic hive mind that coordinates perfectly on all of these massive, over-arching conspiracies with perfect synchronicity.

No? You mean I wasted twenty bucks on my "the world government is a giant, monolithic hive mind that coordinates perfectly on all of these massive, over-arching conspiracies with perfect synchronicity and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" t-shirt?

Damn your eyes, I could've used that twenty dollars to buy tin foil to protect me from Venusian thought rays!

Last edited by JonnyFive; 9th August 2007 at 07:53 AM.
JonnyFive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2007, 04:19 PM   #7
GwionX
Thinker

I wonder just how many hardcore truthahz are meth users.

It would explain the paranoia, the delusions of grandeur, the long hour 'benders' researching bad info-- almost obsessively looking for some fantastic needle in a haystack. As if it is some crack rock under the kitchen sink. The eventual change in brain chemistry would, in my opinion, be condusive to cognitive dissonance. This would explain the hardcore truther's inability to identify evidence and fact when it's presented to them. Ultimately they just disregard all things that don't fit into their badly skewed thought process no matter how obvious. ( and are oblivious to their condition)
GwionX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2007, 04:24 PM   #8
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
They're all a part of the NWO I guess? I don't know? You'd probably have to kill a significant number of brain cells before you can understand truther logic anyway I imagine.
Well, since it's for science... I'm on it.

I'll report back with the findings after locating some cartoons.
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2007, 04:41 PM   #9
hellaeon
Graduate Poster

I marvel at the 'truth seekers' logic.

I accept the conclusion from the average 'truth seeker' that because I dont buy their opinions or interpretations that I am, by default, now part of the conspiracy. I am whatever they want me to be - A shill, Mossad agent, Darth Vader or a piece of broccolli.

In any way, I am what they despise - someone who breaks the barrier between fantasy and reality. I am the bloke who spoils the movie plot on their thriller. I am the guy who scores a goal in the last seconds to win 'the' game.

The conclusion is naturally stupid, but the role given by default is enjoyable.

Enjoy it guys. Its not everyday you become part of the most complex yet stupid organisation on the planet. Capable of impossible feats, holders of impossible technologies, yet our egos have us leave clues everywhere to our activities so we can rub their face in the dirt whilst we get away with more as the rest of the population - bar the 'truthers' - are just blind to the fact.

I mean we even get paid! I wish I gave our team leaders my bank details though....
hellaeon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2007, 04:48 PM   #10
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Actually, they would be...

Ovino, Mouton, Pecora, etc...

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2007, 05:29 PM   #11
grayfalcon
New Blood

Actually, there is one thing worth noting here. The "truth seekers" seem to have a hard time acknowledging any powers outside of the "Good" and "Evil" powers. The exact identities of the powers seem to vary between theorists, but are usually "patriotic Americans" and "the New World Order". Consider the infamous "Arabs in caves" arguments used by early theorists. They clearly aren't members of either party, so they are reduced to being irrelevant.

I suspect one of the reasons people follow conspiracy theory is the denial of the complexity of the world. "Us good, them bad." Simple and effective. Except once reality hits, all simplicity goes out the window.

Last edited by grayfalcon; 9th August 2007 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Clarification.
grayfalcon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2007, 11:26 PM   #12
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by stateofgrace View Post
Is there a single intelligence agency, anywhere that agrees with truthers?
It's not just intelligence agencies, how about the huge number of media outlets that are in other countries? Why haven't they picked up this "9/11 was an inside job" story and made it their lead item? I mean, if Woodward and Bernstein can crack open the Watergate affair, surely some enterprising reporters outside the United States would surely be salivating at the prospect of breaking the century's greatest story.

There's no one working at a TV station, radio station, or newspaper in, say, Canada, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Belgium, Britain, Iceland, Norway, South Korea, France, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Switzerland, Sweden, Luxembourg, Italy, India, Brazil, Greenland, Mexico, Spain, etc., who wants to be the one to expose this most amazing cover-up? Not one?
Corsair 115 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2007, 07:39 AM   #13
Kage
Critical Thinker

With all these people in on the conspiracy, the CTers must feel really left out. Kind of like how dating must make them feel, only slightly less so.
Old 10th August 2007, 07:53 AM   #14
Sabrina
Wicked Lovely

Originally Posted by Corsair 115 View Post
It's not just intelligence agencies, how about the huge number of media outlets that are in other countries? Why haven't they picked up this "9/11 was an inside job" story and made it their lead item? I mean, if Woodward and Bernstein can crack open the Watergate affair, surely some enterprising reporters outside the United States would surely be salivating at the prospect of breaking the century's greatest story.

There's no one working at a TV station, radio station, or newspaper in, say, Canada, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Belgium, Britain, Iceland, Norway, South Korea, France, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Switzerland, Sweden, Luxembourg, Italy, India, Brazil, Greenland, Mexico, Spain, etc., who wants to be the one to expose this most amazing cover-up? Not one?

[truther mode]They've all been paid off!!!!!!one111eleventy!!!!![/truther mode]

Seriously, if that were actually true, the US would be the poorest country in the world. Because what's the stop the media agencies from blackmailing the US?
Sabrina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2007, 09:01 AM   #15
nicepants
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by stateofgrace View Post
So everybody that does not buy into the theory that 911 is so blatantly an inside job is a sheep?
Exactly. Just as older kids who don't believe in the tooth fairy are ridiculed by younger children who do.

If you ever witness one of these encounters, you will see how remarkably similar the situation is to discussion between truthers/skeptics.
nicepants is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2007, 10:17 AM   #16
SpaceMonkeyZero
Graduate Poster

It would be nice to see more posts like this on the internet:

forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=78184
SpaceMonkeyZero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories