IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 17th August 2007, 03:19 PM   #1
CHF
Illuminator

So I decided to check in on AE911...

...to see if they're as dumb as I hear they are.

Just on their homepage there was a ton of idiocy including:
Quote:
Massive volume of expanding pyroclastic dust clouds
They might want to start up Geologists for 9/11 Truth so that they'll learn what pyroclasic dust clouds are.

Quote:
Total destruction of the buliding down to individual structural steel elements – obliterating the steel core structure.
The cores that stood briefly after the collapse?

Quote:
Tons of molten Metal found by FDNY under all 3 high-rises
Hear that? It's "tons" now.

Quote:
Also, the WTC towers "exhibited none of the characteristics of destruction by fire, i.e. 1. Slow onset with large visible deformations
Visible deformations? Like this?

Do they seriously expect to get a new investigation with this stuff?

This is the truthers' attempting to enlist experts and yet they're making the same stupid mistakes they always do. Do the people who sign up even know what they're joining?
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2007, 04:13 PM   #2
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

I hate to say it, but they are less credible, and more ridiculous that LCF in many regards...

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2007, 04:29 PM   #3
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

As long as their claims happen in the vacuum of the internet, they will get away with it. The LAST thing they really want is another investigation. Their evidence would get destroyed in a formal investigative environment, and they know it.
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2007, 05:30 PM   #4
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

The truthers are like the kid at the park who shouts at you, "I'll kick your ass!" as he is held back by a number of his friends.

Truth be known, the kid doesnt want to fight with you, but he wants you to think he does...

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2007, 05:48 PM   #5
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Gage makes Jason Bermas look like a responsible and diligent researcher.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2007, 06:18 PM   #6
Calcas
Graduate Poster

It looks like there's plenty of Stundie material over there.

And, I agree with TAM.
Calcas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2007, 07:49 PM   #7
sesshin
Thinker

Originally Posted by CHF View Post
They might want to start up Geologists for 9/11 Truth so that they'll learn what pyroclasic dust clouds are.?
Yes but if it looks like pyroclastic dust clouds it MUST be pyroclastic dust clouds. Just like if it looks like a controlled demolition it must be a controlled demolition. I say we start by investigating active volcanoes in the area of lower Manhattan.
sesshin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2007, 11:33 PM   #8
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

I am not sure which scares me more, the possibility that I might have to fly on an aircraft flown by someone from P4T or working in a building designed by one of Gage's gang.
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2007, 11:43 PM   #9
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
I am not sure which scares me more, the possibility that I might have to fly on an aircraft flown by someone from P4T or working in a building designed by one of Gage's gang.
I don't think theres much chance of the latter.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2007, 01:07 AM   #10
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
As long as their claims happen in the vacuum of the internet, they will get away with it. The LAST thing they really want is another investigation. Their evidence would get destroyed in a formal investigative environment, and they know it.
Except what they want is an investigation that will ignore all the faked and planted evidence and instead focus on all the evidence that would exist if it hadn't been so thoroughly covered up. It's "reopen the JFK assassination" all over again.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2007, 01:21 AM   #11
ref
Master Poster

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Reasons why Gage is not an expert.

- He has designed only low rises, like warehouses and a school project.
- He started investigating 9/11, after hearing Griffin on radio. So it took a theologian to convince an architect. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
- His evidence is the oldest and stupidest out there. For example, he claims WTC7 squibs and FDNY foreknowledge are evidence of an inside job.
- He says controlled demolition is clearly outside the scope of ae911truth's training and expertise, yet all the evidence they have on their site are claims of controlled demolition.

The last point is the most stupifying. They don't investigate Pentagon, they don't claim there were no hijackers, they don't claim the phone calls were fake. They only claim WTC 1, 2, and 7 were controlled demolitions, they state dozens of reasons why they were controlled demolitions. Yet, they themselves admit they know nothing about controlled demolitions. How stupid can it get? Oh yes, they do all this, because Griffin the theologian is so convincing and must be right.

Sigh.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro

Last edited by ref; 18th August 2007 at 01:24 AM.
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2007, 01:56 AM   #12
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ref View Post
How stupid can it get? Oh yes, they do all this, because Griffin the theologian is so convincing and must be right.

Sigh.
It's a religious cult. Do you expect logic?
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2007, 03:30 AM   #13
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ref View Post
- He says controlled demolition is clearly outside the scope of ae911truth's training and expertise, yet all the evidence they have on their site are claims of controlled demolition.

The last point is the most stupifying. They don't investigate Pentagon, they don't claim there were no hijackers, they don't claim the phone calls were fake. They only claim WTC 1, 2, and 7 were controlled demolitions, they state dozens of reasons why they were controlled demolitions. Yet, they themselves admit they know nothing about controlled demolitions. How stupid can it get?
Sounds like the anti-evolutionists does it not. Most of them do not bare any of the qualifications to make a real, honest, true to the science answer, yet they claim that evolution is wrong and cannot exist...just because...of God??

TAM
Old 18th August 2007, 06:52 AM   #14
Architect
Chief Punkah Wallah

I'll say it again, on the offchance that an AE911 member reads this. And if they don't like it, they can try and report me to the RIBA:

Gage and his site are a disgrace to the profession.

I gravely doubt their understanding of the pertinent technical issues and they appear to have little grasp of forensic building analysis.

I am mindful that they never took Doc up on his offer of a peer-level debate on the issue, which speaks volumes.

James Keir Hardie (1856 - 1915): Politician, Founder of Scottish Labour Party
Architect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2007, 09:23 AM   #15
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher

They engineer and architect truth just like pilots simply guide people.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2007, 12:24 PM   #16
Unfit4Command
Muse

Didn't Gage also say that thermite is commonly used in controlled demolitions?

Unfit4Command is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2007, 11:14 PM   #17
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Originally Posted by uk_dave View Post
I don't think theres much chance of the latter.
I doubt that there is much chance of the former, either.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2007, 12:47 AM   #18
Architect
Chief Punkah Wallah

Whereas at least some of you poor devils in Manchester will have been in at least one of my buildings.......

Architect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2007, 01:53 AM   #19
Minadin
Master Poster

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
Sounds like the anti-evolutionists does it not. Most of them do not bare any of the qualifications to make a real, honest, true to the science answer, yet they claim that evolution is wrong and cannot exist...just because...of God??

TAM
I don't understand why / how people who believe in "intelligent design" or creationism neccessarily rule out evolution as a possible method God could have used. Doesn't He work in mysterious ways? Seems like it might benefit their cause to broaden their interpretation.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2007, 02:16 AM   #20
9/11 Chewy Defense
Banned

Fantasy games to blame?

Maybe it's the fantasy games like World of Warcraft or other unrealistic games that Truthers play on the internet or on a game console.

I play games too but I know WTH is real and fantasy. I like WWII flight & first person shooter sims. Atleast those teach you how war is in a virtual setting, but I know for a fact it only takes 1 bullet to wound or kill you in the real world.
9/11 Chewy Defense is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2007, 02:18 AM   #21
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

Originally Posted by Architect View Post
Whereas at least some of you poor devils in Manchester will have been in at least one of my buildings.......
Uh-oh. . .

Which buildings would these be? Should I look out for any 'special' features, like fifth floor doors that open out into thin air
Mashuna is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2007, 02:51 AM   #22
Architect
Chief Punkah Wallah

See those weird patterns in the cladding panels on a certain tower.....if you squint, in the right light, they say "Screw LC".....

Old 19th August 2007, 07:49 AM   #23
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by ThereIsNoConspiracy View Post
Maybe it's the fantasy games like World of Warcraft or other unrealistic games that Truthers play on the internet or on a game console.

I play games too but I know WTH is real and fantasy. I like WWII flight & first person shooter sims. Atleast those teach you how war is in a virtual setting, but I know for a fact it only takes 1 bullet to wound or kill you in the real world.
But the original Warcraft games taught us that hitting a building with a sword will eventually set it on fire.

Hmmmmm.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2007, 12:08 PM   #24
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ThereIsNoConspiracy View Post
I like WWII flight & first person shooter sims. Atleast those teach you how war is in a virtual setting, but I know for a fact it only takes 1 bullet to wound or kill you in the real world.

And there are no convenient health packs lying about which instantly heal some or most of your injuries...
Corsair 115 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2007, 01:40 PM   #25
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Originally Posted by Corsair 115 View Post
And there are no convenient health packs lying about which instantly heal some or most of your injuries...
...and no crates, either.
Old 19th August 2007, 02:10 PM   #26
Newtons Bit
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by qarnos View Post
...and no crates, either.
Is this going to queue a discussion on the effect of crate destruction on modern society?
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein
Newtons Bit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2007, 06:01 PM   #27
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Newtons Bit View Post
Is this going to queue a discussion on the effect of crate destruction on modern society?

Some of the crates are indestructible though, and unmovable. Others can be moved around and broken up to reveal all manner of convenient goodies.
Corsair 115 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2007, 06:27 PM   #28
Newtons Bit
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Corsair 115 View Post
Some of the crates are indestructible though, and unmovable. Others can be moved around and broken up to reveal all manner of convenient goodies.
Actually, what I'm referring to is how crate destruction, as portrayed in video games - and perhaps movies - has fundamentally affected the psyche of our society.

For instance, the greed and materialism of our people (western peoples) could is personified in crates. Crates can be broken with a meager tool - a crowbar wielded by a rogue scientist bent on overthrowing an alien dominated semi-futuristic world perhaps - and the immediate desires of the person, or player, can be had. The question is whether or not crate destruction in video games affects modern society, or rather that the crate destruction is born out of our materialism and reflects modern society.
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein
Newtons Bit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2007, 06:33 PM   #29
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Originally Posted by Architect View Post
See those weird patterns in the cladding panels on a certain tower.....if you squint, in the right light, they say "Screw LC".....
Aha! That's one of your buildings. I knew it!
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2007, 07:07 PM   #30
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Newtons Bit View Post
Actually, what I'm referring to is how crate destruction, as portrayed in video games - and perhaps movies - has fundamentally affected the psyche of our society.

If we substitute physics for crates and movies & television shows for video games, there's actually a serious discussion which could be had on the point you raised.
Old 19th August 2007, 10:10 PM   #31
hellaeon
Graduate Poster

AE911 really annoy me. So many people who join the movement these days love to mention that 'organisation' as if it has any credence. Yet again its the same debunked theories and illogical leaps of faith based evidence so prevelant in the movement that parades on that site. However you can join as an 'elite' pwner if your smart enough to be educated but dumb enough not to actually learn anything during that education.

There is nothing to be said about that site that is in any way supportive of the 911 truth movement. The same crap over and over but like '911 scholars' and all other stupid forms of woo, put a smart word in front of it and it makes you sound 'intellectual'. Oh looky its for Architects and engineers! Never mind the content, now we can appeal to Authority!

Complete bunch of loosers.
hellaeon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories