ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 27th August 2007, 12:54 AM   #1
pomeroo
Banned

That Flow of Molten Metal

An interesting article available on debunking911.com:

http://11-settembre.blogspot.com/200...r-of-wtc2.html
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 01:02 AM   #2
ref
Master Poster

That was very interesting reading. Never thought of that possibility..

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 01:33 AM   #3
scissorhands
Banned

Interesting.
Such a ups setup wouldnt just provide molten streams of metal but large explosions too.
scissorhands is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 01:52 AM   #4
Henry62
Student

Hi guys,
thanks for your kind words about my article and blog.
Ciao,
Enrico (Henry62)
Henry62 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 02:02 AM   #5
scissorhands
Banned

The articles are excellent, the one concerning oxygen cutting at GZ is fascinating in itself.
scissorhands is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 02:46 AM   #6
einsteen

Does this mean that the official theorists now no longer deny the existence of molten metal ?
einsteen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 02:52 AM   #7
Henry62
Student

Dear Einsteen,
"molten metal" could be light alloys or lead with other components (plastic and glass, for instance).

I don't think you really believe in molten steel theory...

Ciao,
Henry62
Henry62 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 02:53 AM   #8
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Originally Posted by einsteen View Post
Does this mean that the official theorists now no longer deny the existence of molten metal ?
The existence of molten metal in the WTC was never denied by NIST or anybody else.
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 02:54 AM   #9
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

I don't recall anyone denying that that stuff pouring from the window was molten metal.

I do recall people denying that it was molten steel and denying that it was proof of a thermite initiated demolition.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 03:04 AM   #10
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

Straw man fallacy.

The argument has always been molten metal != molten steel.

!= "Does not equal".
The Doc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 03:39 AM   #11
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Thank you much, Henry. This is a magnificent smack-down of the twoofers.

einsteen, a word of advice. Read what we post and try to stay entirely in the room.

This, of course, explains only what was seen at that one corner of the building. Might be worth asking whether other firms had a similar back-up.

I have seen batteries cook off in a car fire and I assure you, it is a bit more than a fire cracker..

There were other streams of molten whatever reported from other locations in the rubble, but no one has confirmed that they were steel. A lot of the could have been glass. There was a lot of molten glass that day, and glass can incandece at remarkably low temperature. Easy to mistake it for molten metal if you are frightened half to death already.
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 03:54 AM   #12
einsteen

It could be everything. No I don't believe that stuff in the pictures/movies is molten steel btw.
einsteen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 03:58 AM   #13
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

It could be everything. No I don't believe that stuff in the pictures/movies is molten steel btw.
Well not quite everything. I doubt it was chocolate fudge.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 04:05 AM   #14
einsteen

Unless it came from Willy Wonka's factory
Old 27th August 2007, 05:26 AM   #15
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Fist thing I thought of was this would be a prime suspect for some of those "explosions" that people heard throughout the morning prior to collapse.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 05:56 AM   #16
Wolrab
Illuminator

I think he is referring to the molten metal that was supposedly buried for weeks.
If you don't specifically say that there is molten metal pouring from the building in this particular video, the twoofers will claim you are verifying their claim. Remember, the slightest misunderstanding is confirmation in the world of twoof.
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 05:58 AM   #17
Totovader
Game Warden

Originally Posted by Henry62 View Post
Hi guys,
Ciao,
Enrico (Henry62)
Very well done- nice job.

Totovader's 9/11 Conspiracy Challenge Still unanswered!
Totovader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 06:04 AM   #18
Digest
Thinker

Originally Posted by Henry62 View Post
Hi guys,
Ciao,
Enrico (Henry62)
Very well written -

excellent job!!!
Old 27th August 2007, 06:21 AM   #19
pomeroo
Banned

Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
I think he is referring to the molten metal that was supposedly buried for weeks.
If you don't specifically say that there is molten metal pouring from the building in this particular video, the twoofers will claim you are verifying their claim. Remember, the slightest misunderstanding is confirmation in the world of twoof.

You are, of course, correct. But doesn't their eagerness to misrepresent suggest that they understand that they are lying?
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 06:26 AM   #20
Wolrab
Illuminator

"You are, of course, correct. But doesn't their eagerness to misrepresent suggest that they understand that they are lying?"
Without a doubt. I, for the life of me, can't comprehend how they can't understand that their position is untenable. They are worse than the moon hoaxers in that real people (not that everyone associated with the Apollo program isn't real) died that day.

They are either lying or are having a serious break from reality.

Last edited by Wolrab; 27th August 2007 at 06:29 AM. Reason: forgot to respond to Pom's quote. oops
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 06:36 AM   #21
pomeroo
Banned

Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
"You are, of course, correct. But doesn't their eagerness to misrepresent suggest that they understand that they are lying?"
Without a doubt. I, for the life of me, can't comprehend how they can't understand that their position is untenable. They are worse than the moon hoaxers in that real people (not that everyone associated with the Apollo program isn't real) died that day.

The big question is, do they understand that their position is untenable?

There are indications that the answer is yes. I posted links to Mark's paper on Willie Rodriguez on the Loose Change Forum. The reaction was wild indignation, one loon screaming that he knows slander when he sees it. Now, defining slander as quoting someone's own words is creative. But, the lesson I took from the furor was that they will avoid at all costs any exposure to criticisms of their cherished myths. Rationalists devour the statements and articles of twoofers, itching to tear them apart. The fantasy movement requires insulation from reality.
Old 27th August 2007, 06:36 AM   #22
BigAl
Philosopher

Molten lead doesn't glow in ordinary case. What does it do as it gets hotter; Oxidize? go to vapor?

FWIW, I managed an IT operation with a similar, if smaller, UPS battery room in a Manhattan high-rise. Venting was priority #1. There was never an accumulation of H. To have a hydrogen explosion at WTC the venting would have failed earlier. I suppose that the initial impact could damage the venting and time could allow H to accumulate until something set off an explosion. IMO, that's a stretch as a significant energy input to the event.

OTOH, the amperage in the batteries could heat up lots of metal if it shorted out, but compared to the impact of a big jet, I'm not sure what increment it would contribute.
BigAl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 07:11 AM   #23
Swing Dangler
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Slayhamlet View Post
The existence of molten metal in the WTC was never denied by NIST or anybody else.
This is inaccurate. Here is John Gross denying the existence of molten steel.
John Gross

The last I time I checked, steel is a type of metal.
Swing Dangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 07:36 AM   #24
Crungy
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Swing Dangler View Post
John Gross

Last time I checked, denying the existence of molten steel does not equate to denying the existence of other types of molten metal....
Crungy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 08:04 AM   #25
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
Molten lead doesn't glow in ordinary case.
You should talk to a plumber.

Alferd_Packer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 08:17 AM   #26
OldSchool
Critical Thinker

First time I've actually seen the picture. Since obviously the surrounding area didn't give way the theory of molten aluminum does make the most sense. Its good to see sometime common sense does apply here. However, the article only distracts from the larger picture. Where did the molten steel in the basements come from, and was the molten steel in the basement a result of the explosions heard before the planes hit the towers. If the explosives used, in the basement, were designed to melt the steel beams, from the ground up, the collapse of the building would make a lot more sense. I have a great deal of difficulty with a building collapsing with its support structure still in tact.

Is there any such explosive which would have materials to melt steel rapidly?
OldSchool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 08:35 AM   #27
BigAl
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Alferd_Packer View Post
You should talk to a plumber.
Huh. I've actually done a few wiped lead joints with a pot of lead on a plumber's propane burner but it was 40 years ago and getting the lead hotter than necessary for the job was not a goal. I'd like to see a color/temp chart for lead similar to this one for aluminum.

http://www.westyorkssteel.com/images/htchar1.gif

To nit-pick, your picture may have been taken in the shade and the video we have of molten metal taken on 9/11 was taken in direct sunlight. The WTC video seems too bright compared to your picture.

Thanks
BigAl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 08:36 AM   #28
Digest
Thinker

Enrico - Do you mind linking and pasting of your research with proper credit?

I am interested in using this info in some discussions I have been having

Last edited by Digest; 27th August 2007 at 08:40 AM.
Digest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 08:38 AM   #29
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
BigAl:

Don't forget that it's very unlikely we'd be looking at a pure metal, whether aluminum or lead. The addition of various other chemicals and elements into the mixture (such as glass and plastic) could well change the color/temp range.
Old 27th August 2007, 09:13 AM   #30
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

John Gross

Do you actually not see the error in your post?
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 09:56 AM   #31
CurtC
Illuminator

Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
Where did the molten steel in the basements come from, and was the molten steel in the basement a result of the explosions heard before the planes hit the towers. If the explosives used, in the basement, were designed to melt the steel beams, from the ground up, the collapse of the building would make a lot more sense. I have a great deal of difficulty with a building collapsing with its support structure still in tact.

First, do you have any evidence at all that there was molten steel in the basements, or anywhere else?

Next, explosives don't work by melting metals. They blast them. Thermite melts steel, but it is never used in building demolitions. And thermite works quickly, since it doesn't need to get oxygen from the air. There's no way that a thermite reaction would be still hot more than a few hours after the event. If it was hot for a long period of time, that has to be due to a sustained fire, not thermite.
Old 27th August 2007, 09:57 AM   #32
NYCEMT86
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
First time I've actually seen the picture. Since obviously the surrounding area didn't give way the theory of molten aluminum does make the most sense. Its good to see sometime common sense does apply here. However, the article only distracts from the larger picture. Where did the molten steel in the basements come from, and was the molten steel in the basement a result of the explosions heard before the planes hit the towers. If the explosives used, in the basement, were designed to melt the steel beams, from the ground up, the collapse of the building would make a lot more sense. I have a great deal of difficulty with a building collapsing with its support structure still in tact.

Can I have a source that says that the molten metal was tested and proved to be steel?

Also do you know what agency found the molten metal?

Are you referring to Thermite in your statement? I am not trying to build a strawman so thats why I ask. If you are, do you know what is produced after thermite is ignited?

Quote:
I have a great deal of difficulty with a building collapsing with its support structure still in tact.
What happened to the core? Where did the collapse initiate? How would it be possible to bring a building down by blowing up the supports in the basement to initiate a collapse on the impact floors? Do you even know anything about collapses?

"The most beautiful four words in the common language is: I told you so." - Vidal
NYCEMT86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 11:11 AM   #33
BillyRayValentine
Critical Thinker

John Gross

This is parody, right?

(Please say yes...)
BillyRayValentine is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 11:40 AM   #34
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

OMG JHC Lord have mercy.

For the 10 MILLIONTH TIME, Noone is denying the presence of Molten METAL!!!!!!!!!!

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 11:43 AM   #35
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

John Gross

Swing:

come on. You can do better. You know noone here is saying people did not see some type of metal in a molten state at GZ. The argument is was the metal STEEL or some other metal (aluminum, copper, etc...).

I know you know this, so why pussy foot around with it.

Henry62:
Welcome to the Forum.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 11:47 AM   #36
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
I suppose that the initial impact could damage the venting and time could allow H to accumulate until something set off an explosion. IMO, that's a stretch as a significant energy input to the event.
The shutdown of ventillation wouldl of course raise the possibility of hydrogen explosions. But the area was kind of ripped open and ventillated directly to the atmosphere. That does not rule out accumulations in pockets.

But consider that a car battery in a fire can explode and send pieces as much as fifty feet in any direction. I have, myself, been struck by pieces of an exploding battery in a fire. Shorting out can cause them to explode.

And the batteries in the UPS were probably a little stronger than the battery in a lot of vehicles. And there were a lot of them.

On another matter, this may also be a good explanation of where the sulphur in some of Jones' sample came from. There was an awful lot of sulphuric acid in the buildings. Sulphuric acid contributes to euteric melting and the deposition of copper onto steel. There were probably more than the single bank of batteries in so many businesses and agencies dependent on uninterupted computer operations and communications.
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 12:18 PM   #37
Henry62
Student

Hi Leftysergeant,
You could find batteries in emergency lights, in phone plants, in medical equipments and in computer rooms, of course.
There was a great number of batteries inside TT.

Bye
Old 27th August 2007, 12:26 PM   #38
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Sometimes I think most truthers think every single office in both buildings had only a throw rug, 2 umbrellas, a 1994 copy of "Southern Living", and a water cooler.
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 12:38 PM   #39
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

Originally Posted by CNN
Built in 1970, the World Trade Center housed more than 430 companies from 28 countries. They were engaged in a wide variety of commercial activities, including banking and finance, insurance, transportation, import and export companies, customs brokerage, trade associations and representatives of foreign governments.

An estimated 50,000 people worked in the World Trade Center, and another 140,000 visited the complex daily.
Here's a link to a list of tenants that had office space in the twin towers and four other buildings in the complex:

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/tra.../tenants1.html
Old 27th August 2007, 12:57 PM   #40
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

hmm, There doesn't seem to be a listing for United Parcel Service in building 2.
Alferd_Packer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories