ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 27th August 2007, 07:10 PM   #1
bje
Graduate Poster

The Kennebunk... uh... Warning

"Massive evidence has come to our attention which shows that the backers, controllers, and allies of Vice President Dick Cheney are determined to orchestrate and manufacture a new 9/11 terror incident, and/or a new Gulf of Tonkin war provocation over the coming weeks and months."

From http://www.911blogger.com/node/10905

Be the first to come up with what "massive evidence" these CTers have and win a Gold Star and chocolate chip cookie.

Old 27th August 2007, 07:19 PM   #2
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Ah yes. The evidence is so massive, in fact, that they won't even reveal what it is. Because, you know, it's so massive that it must be self-evident. I guess.
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 07:25 PM   #3
dirtywick
Graduate Poster

It's so massive it's a figment of my imagination? Too massive to fit on all of the internets combined? So massive we're all inside it right now?

I really wish they'd set dates on this stuff. I'd like to roll out of bed that morning as nothing happens and think about how it's a great day not to be an idiot.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 07:28 PM   #4
hellaeon
Graduate Poster

Is it no coincidence that the 9/11 activist increase during 2006 coincides with the popularity boom of online video and myspace?
hellaeon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 07:32 PM   #5
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

I'm afraid I don't have a Kennebunk debunk in me.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 07:32 PM   #6
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Oh! Oh! The Voice of Cheney appeared to the author one night and, after describing the horror that is to befall the world, commanded him to warn all True Believers to prepare!
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 07:38 PM   #7
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Uh huh. And with such massive evidence ("massive evidence, total evidence" ~ Alex Jones, anyone?), what do these intrepid folks do?

Present their "massive evidence" to law enforcement officials? No.

Present their "massive evidence" to a major news organization for dissemination? No.

Present their "massive evidence" to the DOJ? No.

Present their "massive evidence" to Congress? No.

Present their "massive evidence" to all and sundry on the internet?

Well, no.

Instead, they post a vague piece of fluff on the internet with no facts or evidence to support their (deliberately) vague allegations. Pfft. It looks like the two Cindies have gone completely off the deep end.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2007, 12:56 AM   #8
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Kennebunkittyklunk?
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2007, 01:02 AM   #9
uk_dave
Philosopher

"You killed Kenne! You bastards!"
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2007, 03:36 PM   #10
sleahead
Critical Thinker

Oh, Webster Tarpley, how could you do this? Sorry, I forgot you're a twoofer -of course you could do it.

Quote:
Official statement from Dahlia S. Wasfi, MD:

***Re: "The Kennebunkport Warning"***

The Bush administration has proven that sacrificing lives of Americans and other innocents around the world is a price worth paying in the name of criminal corporate profit. Dr. Phil says that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. As such, it is certainly within the realm of possibility for the neo-conservative junta in Washington to launch another war based on lies. However, I do not have "the smoking gun," if you will, to prove it.

I signed a statement in Kennebunkport to endorse the impeachment of Dick Cheney, but my signature has been used on this "Warning" without my consent. While I was humbled to have my signature misappropriated with such prominent voices as Cindy Sheehan, Cynthia McKinney, and Jamilla El-Shafei, none of us signed that document.

Therefore, please contact the statement's distributors for information on their evidence.

With you in the struggle until justice is served,

Dahlia

http://www.liberatethis.com
sleahead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2007, 03:43 PM   #11
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Tarpley, the same guy who said the USA was about to invade Iran when they captured the British Sailors...

Yep...I've got some land in Florida I want to sell you.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2007, 03:53 PM   #12
JamesB
Master Poster

Originally Posted by sleahead View Post
Oh, Webster Tarpley, how could you do this? Sorry, I forgot you're a twoofer -of course you could do it.
They are quoting Dr. Phil? I don't know about you, but that is as scary as Dick Cheney's nefarious plans.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2007, 04:17 PM   #13
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Quote:
criminal corporate profit.
Criminal AND corporate? Isn't that a redundancy to those guys?
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2007, 09:53 AM   #14
Electric Monk
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
It's so massive it's a figment of my imagination? Too massive to fit on all of the internets combined? So massive we're all inside it right now?
No, no no. It's obviously so massive that no light can escape from it. All that you can know about it is its mass and its spin.

[/nerdyblackholejoke]

--James
Electric Monk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2007, 10:05 AM   #15
SpaceMonkeyZero
Graduate Poster

It *MUST* be about the alien lizardmen and the chemtrails.

Just look at the reflective stickers on the back of highway signs! THEY EXPOSE THE TROOF!
"NOBODY expects the Truther Movement! Our chief weapon is speculation, speculation and conjecture, conjecture and speculation. Our two weapons are conjecture and speculation, and youtube videos. Our *three* weapons are conjecture, speculation, and youtube videos, and an almost fanatical devotion to the "Truth". Our *four*. No. *Amongst* our weapons. Amongst our weaponry, are such elements as conjecture, speculation."
SpaceMonkeyZero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2007, 02:58 PM   #16
sleahead
Critical Thinker

Jon Gold attempts to sort out this sorry mess:

Originally Posted by Jon Gold
Hi Cindy... A Question...

http://www.911blogger.com/node/10905

Did you sign this? According to DAHLIA WASFI, she did not sign it, but signed something else, and her name was added to this list.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon Gold

Her response...

the same thing happened to me as happened to dahlia

I suggest this be taken down. I don't know who did what, but this is NOT good.

Edit: I just got this from Webster.

Dear Friends --
Please get organizations from the peace, impeachment, anti-globalization, 9/11 truth, and other movements, as well as high-profile personalities, celbrities, etc., to endorse, support, distribute, and publicize the Kennebunkport Warning. Some of the signers, under the obvious threats of totalitarian forces, are lying in appalling fashion about what they signed and if they signed. You can see for yourself from the facsimile who signed. We need to move beyond these wretched individuals to build support for this mobilization alert as we enter a very dangerous weekend. Please make a special effort to gather support.
Webster Tarpley

Cindy Sheehan doesn't strike me as someone who would cower from "threats of totalitarian forces" nor do I think of her as a "wretched individual."
http://www.911blogger.com/node/10947#comment-158784
sleahead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2007, 03:27 PM   #17
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

HAHAHAHAHA Cindy Sheehan is part of the conspiracy. KARL ROVE IS A GENIUS!!
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2007, 08:38 PM   #18
Digest
Thinker

oops...

Quote:
***Re: "The Kennebunkport Warning"***

PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY

To Whom It May Concern:

Each of us were approached during the rally at the Kennebunkport event on August 25, 2007, to sign a statement calling for the immediate impeachment of Vice President Dick Cheney. Since then, the statement has been altered and posted on the internet, making it appear as if we have evidence that this administration will carry out a "false-flag terror operation."

None of us have such evidence, and therefore, none of us signed a statement stating that we do.

We wish the authors of the document well in continuing much needed investigations of all aspects of 9/11.

Signed:

Jamilla El-Shafei Cindy Sheehan Dahlia Wasfi Ann Wright
from ->

http://www.liberatethis.com/
Old 1st September 2007, 03:40 AM   #19
8den
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Digest View Post
You know your movement is a strong position and leading a popular front when you are reduced to forgery to garner support.
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2007, 05:04 AM   #20
bje
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by 8den View Post
You know your movement is a strong position and leading a popular front when you are reduced to forgery to garner support.

Indeed. 9/11 Truth is stranger than fiction. And funnier, too.
Old 1st September 2007, 06:55 AM   #21
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

That's bloody hilarious.
Checkmite is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2007, 01:46 AM   #22
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Apparently this controversy just won't die. I thought some of you folks might enjoy some of the weirdness that has been going on regarding this "warning", which appears to be accomplishing something I've only dreamed of doing: Splitting the 9-11 Denial Movement right down the middle.

First, it turns out that quite a few people involved in this incident have ties to Lyndon LaRouche. Webster Tarpley's connection with LaRouche is well-reported. Bruce Marshall, who reportedly obtained the signatures, cited LaRouche in a 2006 interview on NPR when he was running for Congress from Vermont on the Green Party line (where he ran as a 9-11 Truth Candidate). This is particularly interesting as Tarpley claims to have been kicked out of the LaRouche organization in 1997.

A woman named Laurie Dobson says she received an email from one of the peace activist signers, in which the emailer admits she signed something without reading it. But Dobson herself is another LaRouche crackpot.

Chip Berlet, who has opposed the LaRouche nutbars for decades, and who also opposes the 9-11 Deniers (he got off one of the great lines in the History Channel special a few weeks ago, observing that the Truthers have rewritten the story of 9-11 so that they're the heroes), wrote a piece over at the Daily Kos (Berlet is very left wing) denouncing Tarpley as "toxic waste".

Quote:
Activists are in an uproar over an incident at a peace encampment in Keenebunkport, Maine where Tarpley is implicated in a stunt where well-known peace activists such as Jamilla El-Shafei, Cindy Sheehan, Dahlia Wasfi, and Ann Wright were tricked into signing a document they thought was merely a call for the impeachment of Vice President Dick Cheney. The fine print in the document echoes Tarpley’s claim that Cheney is plotting a pre-election coup using a domestic terrorist attack as an excuse.
Some of you may know that I've been covering the LaRouche connection to 9-11 Truth at SLC for months now, using information provided by Nico Haupt, among others. I am unsure whether LaRouche's group itself is infiltrating the 9-11 Troofers or if it's just former members like Tarpley using their master's old tricks, but I definitely think one or the other of those scenarios is undeniable; there are just too many LaRouchees involved in the movement for it to be coincidental, and these people have decades of skill at infiltrating and subverting small groups of activists.

A group of the 9-11 Kooks have opposed Tarpley on the Kennebunkport Warning. Or perhaps I should say, they have opposed Tarpley's angry dismissal of the claims of the four peace activists that their signatures were misappropriated for a document they did not agree with entirely.

The 9-11 crackpots opposing Tarpley are Michael Wolsey, Arabesque, Col. Jenny Sparks, and Cosmos (the last three are all internet pseudonyms). They basically have taken the position that they don't know what happened with the signature-gathering on the Kennebunkport Warning, but that's no excuse for Tarpley calling Cindy Sheehan a "miserable person" or the four women (including Dahlia Wasfi) as "Dahliars".

It seems very odd for Tarpley to have taken the tack he has; he was instrumental in getting Cindy Sheehan and other antiwar types to bond with the 9-11 Denial Movement, and he said in a speech to the San Diego kooks that outreach to the peace activists was essential because the latter had upwards of 3 million committed members and the number of 9-11 activists he estimated at no more than 25,000. So if anybody would want to ameliorate the situation with Cindy, it would seem to be Tarpley.

An oddball result seems to be that the split is turning on generational lines, with most of the folks on the outs being the baby boomers. Oddly this may work to the advantage of Uncle Fetzer; Fetzer has been very supportive of Tarpley, as has Fetzer's buddy Kevin Barrett.

Tarpley or one of his fans produced an interesting (and very professional-looking) editorial cartoon on the matter:

Let me make it clear that there's no good side in this particular battle; they're all cranks in one way or another (excepting Berlet of course). Many on both sides are claiming that the other side must be on the NWO payroll (and they're right--I just checked). But also remember, these are 9-11 cult insiders; they know where the bodies are buried.

Over at the Truth Action Forum, there's a long thread devoted to the Kennebunkport issue. Leland Lehrman shows up to defend his old buddy Webster Tarpley:

Quote:
The Kennebunkport Warning was and is a well-stated, timely message to a groggy but searching American public on the dangers our country and world now face. Even if the signers weren't clear on what the warning really said, the fact that it was assigned Hoax Status on the internet when it was a very supportable document, with masses of evidence far in excess of the cited Yuval Aviv story, meant that Tarpley and Marshall immediately felt sabotaged, although there is still some uncertainty about where that actually comes from.

On the subject of LaRouche, I have never seen a more complex situation reduced to such an unbelievably useless caricature as Mr. LaRouche and his network. Anyone who has actually taken the time to read their intelligence reports from around the world, their analyses of philosophical, political and financial situations and their work on the cultural infiltration by the CIA into the postwar era would never for a moment reduce their value to zero even if there are grave problems with their tactics, other positions or egos.
But one of the posters over there remembers another memorable contribution that Leland Lehrman has made. He wrote a column on the best websites dedicated to proving that the book Protocols of the Elders of Zion is real.

But it gets even better than that. Lehrman is the original "Butter Brain".

Quote:
“I was thinking, perhaps it is possible for an object to pass through a hole and make a hole smaller than itself. Say for example, a semi-soft object hit a slightly harder object. Imagine that the semi soft object is a long butter stick, and the slightly harder object is a piece of plastic or so. Is it not possible that the butter, when hitting the plastic could fold at the outer edges and slip through a hole that was not as large as itself? “

“An object can in fact pass through another object and make a hole smaller than itself, in particular if the object is softer than the one it is passing through, and in particular if the object is measured lengthwise, and subsequently bends as a result of impact.” Leland Lehrman
And it gets still better than that, and this is something the conspiracy nutbars will probably go ape over when they see it. Leland is reportedly the ne'er-do-well son of Lewis Lehrman, who ran for Governor of New York on the Republican ticket in 1982 and narrowly lost to Mario Cuomo. Papa Lehrman remains a conservative, and has written a few columns for the Weekly Standard, the neoconservative magazine founded by Bill Kristol. His Wikipedia bio claims he was an original member of the board of the much-cited 9-11 bogeyman, the Project for a New American Century (PNAC). I could not verify that claim, but at least one of his articles is reprinted on PNAC's website.

At any rate, there's a huge schism in the Troof movement because of this, and I suspect the Kennebunkport Warning will continue the breakup of the kooks along the generational lines that we saw with the separation of the New York 9-11 Nuts into the Luke Rudkowski cult and the Les Jamieson followers. I see this also playing into the hands of the No-Planers, as they get the old gasbags moving into their camp. We know there are probably more young people in the movement, but it's far more likely that a 57-year-old kook will still be a kook 10 years from now than that a 17-year-old nutbar will be a nutbar at 27.

Last edited by Brainster; 26th September 2007 at 01:48 AM.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2007, 01:59 AM   #23
Naughtyhippo
Muse

conspiracy theories about CT'ers?
Naughtyhippo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2007, 02:17 AM   #24
8den
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Webster Tarpley
We need to move beyond these wretched individuals
Webster, look message for you, someone called pot, or maybe kettle or something, anyway, they said something about you being "black", or something.
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2007, 02:20 AM   #25
Naughtyhippo
Muse

Also, is it possible that someone could let me know what Lyndon LaRouche is all about?

Last edited by Naughtyhippo; 26th September 2007 at 02:20 AM. Reason: typo
Naughtyhippo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2007, 02:32 AM   #26
8den
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Naughtyhippo View Post
Also, is it possible that someone could let me know what Lyndon LaRouche is all about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_La_Rouche

A charming neo nazi anti semite.
Old 26th September 2007, 02:37 AM   #27
Dr Adequate
Banned

So, let's see if I've got this right. Tarpley claims that he does in fact have the full support of people whom he also claims are unprincipled liars.

He must be thrilled.
Dr Adequate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2007, 05:47 AM   #28
SpaceMonkeyZero
Graduate Poster

Oooh Oooh! Let me guess! They found MASSIVE EVIDENCE of GWB putting in an executive order to enforce MARTIAL LAW so that he can BECOME A DICTATOR (*cough*like Hugo Chavez*cough*) when TrickyDickJr puts the next 9/11 into ACTION!
"NOBODY expects the Truther Movement! Our chief weapon is speculation, speculation and conjecture, conjecture and speculation. Our two weapons are conjecture and speculation, and youtube videos. Our *three* weapons are conjecture, speculation, and youtube videos, and an almost fanatical devotion to the "Truth". Our *four*. No. *Amongst* our weapons. Amongst our weaponry, are such elements as conjecture, speculation."
SpaceMonkeyZero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2007, 01:30 PM   #29
ComsatAngel2017
Muse

These people deserve each other.
ComsatAngel2017 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2007, 01:46 PM   #30
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Any bets as to how long until CplFerro,our local LaRouche supporter,chimes in?
Or has he finally figured out that nobody here is buying what he is peddling?
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories