ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags youtube

Old 30th September 2007, 03:07 PM   #1
Enlighten
Scholar

Videos that show Sai Baba cheating removed from YouTube

Sathya Sai Baba, an Indian "God-man," is famous for making ash "appear from his hands" and has millions of followers.

Recently I search youtube for the classic clips that show him cheating and they are all gone. These clips were of him fumbling around with sleight of hand. This guy is so bad, he makes Uri Geller look like a skilled magician.

Anyone know what happened to these clips?

See Sai Baba cheating:

http://home.hetnet.nl/~ex-baba/engels/movies.html
http://vclass.mtsac.edu:940/dlane/saivideo1.html
Enlighten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2007, 04:13 PM   #2
Richard
Muse

This one is still online, shows some cheating

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...42218283057067

and Mystery Investigators
http://www.mysteryinvestigators.com
Richard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2007, 06:49 PM   #3
lolurigeller
Thinker

That's totally lame, if president Bush, Jesus, and BUddha cannot escape criticism then neither can Sai Ba Ba. Somebody needs to plaster as many of these cheating videos as well as expose on his molestation exploits on Youtube as much as possible.
lolurigeller is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2010, 01:39 PM   #4
rpri
New Blood

Originally Posted by Enlighten View Post
Sathya Sai Baba, an Indian "God-man," is famous for making ash "appear from his hands" and has millions of followers.

Recently I search youtube for the classic clips that show him cheating and they are all gone. These clips were of him fumbling around with sleight of hand. This guy is so bad, he makes Uri Geller look like a skilled magician.

Anyone know what happened to these clips?

See Sai Baba cheating:

http://home.hetnet.nl/~ex-baba/engels/movies.html
http://vclass.mtsac.edu:940/dlane/saivideo1.html
I have just joined, so I can't make links yet... but I can tell you that the ex-baba site you link to has moved and the movies exposing Sathya Sai Baba's legerdemain and other tricks are to be found by searching Google Advanced Search for the exact phrase < twelve clear and short movie-clips and two full movies>. Good luck.
If anyone who can make direct links to those movies would do so, that would be excellent.
rpri is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2010, 01:46 PM   #5
rpri
New Blood

As one will soon find out, that movie was also removed by Sai Baba fanatics. They have a powerful and very rich organization which strives constantly in underhand ways to influence Sai Baba's publicity on the Internet and Google etc.
The problem is that most of the footage is owned by those who are still Sai Baba devotees... so YouTube has to remove it when the complaint is documented.
Don't forget that Sathya Sai Baba is backed by a whole series of Indian Prime Ministers and Presidents, including both the present incumbents... as well as Sonia Gandhi and a host of ministers and Supreme and High Court judges! They have all long been compromised by their injudicious worship of him before he came under the dark cloud and became a wheel-chair bound invalid.

Last edited by rpri; 31st August 2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Wish to add that this is a reply to Richard Saunders' posting about a YourTube Sai Baba video he said was (then) still on-lin
rpri is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2010, 02:15 PM   #6
RobRoy
Not A Mormon

Originally Posted by rpri View Post
I have just joined, so I can't make links yet... but I can tell you that the ex-baba site you link to has moved and the movies exposing Sathya Sai Baba's legerdemain and other tricks are to be found by searching Google Advanced Search for the exact phrase < twelve clear and short movie-clips and two full movies>. Good luck.
If anyone who can make direct links to those movies would do so, that would be excellent.
Here's the link you asked for. I haven't had time to review these so I make no claims about their content.

Now taking bets on the Clinton Indictment!
RobRoy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2010, 03:02 PM   #7
welshdean
6 NATIONS 2016
-MORAL VICTORS-

Except for RobRoy's links, none worked for me (dead links). RobRoy's did but they took far too long on a 18.67meg download speed and I got a little worried!

Yeah, I got the sasser and I've been paranoid ever since.
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2010, 03:07 PM   #8
welshdean
6 NATIONS 2016
-MORAL VICTORS-

Yeah, bo;;ocks, took the risk, running slow as a pimp now. gonna have to disinfect everything. Arrrgh.

Sorry, click away, I forgot I was burning and downloading a couple of things while running a scan!!!
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP

Last edited by welshdean; 31st August 2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: to add last sentence
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2010, 06:27 PM   #9
Alice Shortcake
Graduate Poster

What we need is a StopSaiBaba site...

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal