IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags digital enhancement , bigfoot

Old 2nd October 2007, 07:24 PM   #1
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Bigfoot: The Invisible Variety

Originally Posted by historian View Post
tube, I have already color enhanced and everything else, on my invisible bigfoot pictures, and came up with zip. That one was at about 25 yards away, at night and in a clear cut.

Old 2nd October 2007, 07:25 PM   #2
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

tube, I have already color enhanced and everything else, on my invisible bigfoot pictures, and came up with zip.
How do you know you got pictures of an invisible bigfoot if he was invisible? I'm not following the logic.

Speaking of invisibility:

Originally Posted by from Wikipedia
According to the laws of physics as presently understood, a perfectly invisible person would necessarily be blind, no matter how their invisibility were achieved. In order to see light, it must be absorbed by the retina, but in order for a person to be invisible, the body must not absorb light.
Please explain how bigfoot is able to manipulate the laws of physics.

RayG
Old 2nd October 2007, 07:27 PM   #3
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Historian:
Ray, I believe you have a bad source. Physics books don't explain invisibility, because it is explained in the book X3 by Adrian Dvir. It's closest match is superstring theory. Physicists 35 years ago, knew all about the invisible Bigfoot, but failed to put it in publicly available books. So they have and still are playing games. What makes better sense is "in order for a person to be invisible, the body must not reflect any light and actually appear to be clear." Bigfoot can see just fine, either in the dark or while invisible. From my field experience.

How do I know I have pictures of an invisible Bigfoot?
Because this particular subject was doing loud power exhaling and slowly working it's way across the clearcut, pausing only in it's slow walk to change directions and move directly at me. Presumeably to see if he or she could run me off. It lasted for about 5 minutes. I obviously cannot positively identify it, but it was responding to a Bigfoot siren call, sounding like other presumeable Bigfoot from previous experiences and there appeared to be other Bigfoot audio activity in the immediate vicinity. I also had a Bigfoot orb in my face, just prior to the commencement of this audio display. And it was a fresh area. Bigfoot cannot usually be tricked to respond in this manner, at locations where they have been called in previously. They are fast learners.
Old 2nd October 2007, 07:50 PM   #4
phaed
Scholar

LOL, what insanity. If Bigfoot is invisible, then he's not a carbon-based lifeform (even diamondoid crystal structures have some reflectivity and can be seen). From whence did he spawn?
phaed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2007, 08:02 PM   #5
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Paintball guns and super soakers full of paint, anyone? Even if foot were invisible, it would still be obvious that one was walking across the grass in front of you, or walking through that field of tall grass across the trail, etc.

You can shoot paint all over the general area until you get a hit.

Once he's fluorescent orange, a 12ga slug will finish the job.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?

Last edited by LTC8K6; 2nd October 2007 at 08:06 PM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2007, 08:06 PM   #6
Narveson
Scholar

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Paintball guns and super soakers full of paint, anyone? Even if foot were invisible, it would still be obvious that one was walking across the grass in front of you, or walking through that field of tall grass across the trail, etc.
Invisible and non-corporeal, of course. Why else have they never been photographed?
Narveson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2007, 08:15 PM   #7
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Can you make and hear sounds if you are non-corporeal? Break trees? Leave footprints?

Well, if you are magic...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2007, 08:57 PM   #8
Normal Dude
Space Shuttle Door Gunner

You have got to be kidding me. Of all the inane monster beliefs I have heard, this has to got to top them all. I almost want to call mental illness. Where did this come from?

And I dont care if your name is Norm or Jack, Or Dick. I dont see why you have to post your name everytime you make a comment./ its IRRELIVANT -Rwalsh
Normal Dude is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2007, 09:38 PM   #9
Slimething
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Normal Dude View Post
I almost want to call mental illness.
Almost?
Slimething is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2007, 09:42 PM   #10
tube
Muse

Maybe he's "Predator invisible"; though translucent, he kinda shimmers like a mirage.

"He didn't disappear, HE VAS SKINNED ALIVE!!!"

(Bigfoot) evidence doesn't look better on deeper analysis, it looks worse. David Daegling

The Bigfoot hypothesis is tested daily.
tube is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2007, 11:07 PM   #11
Normal Dude

Originally Posted by Slimething View Post
Almost?
The only thing holding me back is that it may be a very clever, diligent satire.

And I dont care if your name is Norm or Jack, Or Dick. I dont see why you have to post your name everytime you make a comment./ its IRRELIVANT -Rwalsh
Normal Dude is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2007, 11:15 PM   #12
OldTigerCub
Striped Shapeshifting Reptoid

I was always sceptical about the existence and visibilty of Big Foot...though I think the one in the Coors Light commercial might be the real thing....
Old 2nd October 2007, 11:44 PM   #13
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Because this particular subject was doing loud power exhaling and slowly working it's way across the clearcut, pausing only in it's slow walk to change directions and move directly at me.
How do you know what direction it was moving if it was invisible?
Old 3rd October 2007, 03:17 AM   #14
RayG
Master Poster

Originally Posted by historian
Ray, I believe you have a bad source. Physics books don't explain invisibility, because it is explained in the book X3 by Adrian Dvir.
You believe *I* have a bad source? From Wikipedia: "Born in Bucharest, Romania in 1958, Adrian Dvir holds a B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) in Engineering and an M.Sc (Master of Science) in Computer Engineering, specializing in computer architecture. Married with two children and living in Israel since 1965, Dvir is employed as a developer of military computer systems. He acknowledged and began to use his abilities as a medium in 1992, and first became aware of alien other-dimensional beings in 1994."

Adrian Dvir died in 2004 but his website doesn't exactly paint a picture of rationality.

Can you explain or provide Dvir's observations, experimentation, replication, and concluding hypotheses regarding invisibility?

Quote:
Physicists 35 years ago, knew all about the invisible Bigfoot, but failed to put it in publicly available books.
Please elaborate. Which physicists? In what scientific journals will I find their conclusions? Please be specific.

Quote:
What makes better sense is "in order for a person to be invisible, the body must not reflect any light and actually appear to be clear." Bigfoot can see just fine, either in the dark or while invisible. From my field experience.
No, that does not make better sense. Please elaborate using scientific principles.

Quote:
Because this particular subject was doing loud power exhaling and slowly working it's way across the clearcut, pausing only in it's slow walk to change directions and move directly at me. Presumeably to see if he or she could run me off. It lasted for about 5 minutes. I obviously cannot positively identify it, but it was responding to a Bigfoot siren call, sounding like other presumeable Bigfoot from previous experiences and there appeared to be other Bigfoot audio activity in the immediate vicinity. I also had a Bigfoot orb in my face, just prior to the commencement of this audio display. And it was a fresh area. Bigfoot cannot usually be tricked to respond in this manner, at locations where they have been called in previously. They are fast learners.
In other words, you have no evidence other than your own anecdotal account. Have you replicated your results while in the presence of unbiased observers? Why or why not?

RayG
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2007, 04:41 AM   #15
madurobob
Philosopher

Historian:
... I also had a Bigfoot orb in my face, just prior to the commencement of this audio display.
A what in his face?? Yikes.
Old 3rd October 2007, 09:56 AM   #16
Starthinker
Philosopher

Originally Posted by madurobob View Post
A what in his face?? Yikes.
I've been compared to a bigfoot orb.
Starthinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2007, 10:02 AM   #17
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm

The OP and the 2 following posts are by far the funniest things I have ever read!

Last edited by Locknar; 3rd October 2007 at 10:15 AM.
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:02 AM   #18
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Wink

When I came in to work this morning, my regular parking lot was closed for paving, so I had to park a half-mile away. As I walked to my office, I saw absolutely no sign of Bigfoot at all! Why is this creature stalking me this way?
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:08 AM   #19
Slimething
Illuminator

Invisibility is no big deal. No blindness involved at all. All I have to do is start asking a gal for a date.
Slimething is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2007, 03:04 PM   #20
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

historian
New Blood

My Profile

A bigfoot killed a trapper, after the trapper shot at the Bigfoot, in Canada I believe. His partner made it out alive.

A young Quinault Indian shot at and believed that he wounded a Bigfoot, at least 20 years ago. Within only a few days, the Indian became sick. His condition rapidly deteriorated until he went to see a doctor. The doctor could do nothing for him, and expected him to die shortly. So the elders of the tribe took the sick Indian back out to where he had shot the Bigfoot and performed a ceremony asking forgiveness. Apparently this did the trick as the Indian recovered and is alive today to tell the story.

It takes no more than 2 days for a Bigfoot to find where you live, from my own experiences. They may then stay in the vicinity or camp out inside your home in another dimension and phase, depending on whether they like you or not. One of their favorite tricks is to camp outside your bedroom and eavesdrop on your dreams at night. If they don't like what you are dreaming about, then they slap the outside wall of your bedroom and wake you up.
Old 3rd October 2007, 03:59 PM   #21
manofthesea
2wu4u

Invincible Bigfoot

I like that. Invincible bigfoot. So 21st century! Let's start this off right.
1) Does invincible bigfoot have a saggy bottom? Let's end that now.
2) I was discussing with CN the obvious gigantism relating to NA mammals.
3) Not trying to be offensive, (bloggers took care of that immediately following the disaster) but wasn't the distress phone call taped concerning the three climbers on Mt. Hood last year.
4) I'd like to see annual stats relating to missing outdoors people in various wilderness areas of the west coast, particulary the PNW.
manofthesea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2007, 04:21 PM   #22
Yeah_Right
Muse

I've given some thought to this invisible Bigfoot, and, frankly, I just don't see it.

CEO_ESQ:"Something about pyramids seems to cause a shutdown of critical faculties in certain people."
Yeah_Right is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2007, 06:08 PM   #23
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Slimething View Post
Invisibility is no big deal. No blindness involved at all. All I have to do is start asking a gal for a date.
I wonder if your name has anything to do with it ?
Old 3rd October 2007, 08:15 PM   #24
madurobob
Philosopher

It takes no more than 2 days for a Bigfoot to find where you live, from my own experiences. They may then stay in the vicinity or camp out inside your home in another dimension and phase, depending on whether they like you or not. One of their favorite tricks is to camp outside your bedroom and eavesdrop on your dreams at night. If they don't like what you are dreaming about, then they slap the outside wall of your bedroom and wake you up.
[Rule x] me! Its not just invisible, but entirely ephemeral and able to phase in and out of dimensions at will (time too?) and is a good private detective to boot? It hides outside my bedroom and slaps the wall when I don't dream right?

I am so totally screwed. Wait.. "depending on whether they like you or not". Do they stay if they like you, or if they don't like you? Its really important I know this asap.

How do they feel about internet pornography? (if your species is invisible, whats counts as pornography?)
Old 3rd October 2007, 08:23 PM   #25
historian
Banned

You boys don't seem to have what some would call, an open mind.
In 1975, the previous 4th dimension of TIME, was reassigned by both a consensus of U.C. Berkeley staff and Stephen Hawking, TO EXPLAIN BIGFOOT INVISIBILITY. The Bigfoot as well as dozens of other smaller people, hide in the higher dimensions so they don't get shot by morons with guns. The reason why the government has not told you about it is evidenced by the above posts. YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Dimension changes occur by modifying the frequency of vibration of free quanta loops, as described in the book, X3. This is information relayed by also invisible aliens, to DVIR. Crop circles are made by aliens, in order to quietly prove that they are here. Bigfoot also quietly proves that he is here and real.

The government did one very famous experiment that delt with invisibility. Residents of Philadelphia and retired U.S. Navy personnel have both verified to me that it happened. It is called the Philadelphia Experiment. Look it up on the internet. They caused a battleship to disappear.

Hollywood is constantly stealing ideas from the Bigfoot, and not giving them credit for it. "Predator" is just one example, except Bigfoot is not a predator. They are benevolent interdimensional people.

Don't forget to take a walk in a dark and remote woods this weekend. If we don't hear from you again, we will assume that you ran into something other than Bigfoot.
historian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2007, 08:45 PM   #26
tube
Muse

Hollywood is constantly stealing ideas from the Bigfoot, and not giving them credit for it. "Predator" is just one example, except Bigfoot is not a predator. They are benevolent interdimensional people.
If it bleeds we can kill it.

(Bigfoot) evidence doesn't look better on deeper analysis, it looks worse. David Daegling

The Bigfoot hypothesis is tested daily.
tube is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2007, 08:48 PM   #27
Slimething
Illuminator

Dimension changes occur by modifying the frequency of vibration of free quanta loops, as described in the book, X3.
Like this?
Old 3rd October 2007, 10:55 PM   #28
YouBelieveWHAT?
Muse

The Philadelphia Experiment!

Have a look at something like Wikipedia for the story behind this - it's a HOAX!

Oh - and it wasn't a battleship (huge, great thing) - it was a destroyer escort (much, much smaller). If you're going to quote stuff, please make sure you get the facts straight.

YBW

And thanks to SkepticJ:
We'd outgrown the fables, I knew. The sun isn't Apollo's chariot, of course, it's a star that began burning when a god said "Let there be light". Man was not created from clay by Zeus, he was created from clay by Yahweh. Hades didn't restore Euridice to life, please. That would be absurd. Jesus did, of course, restore Lazarus to life.... What morons we were before. How wise we are now. - Dale McGowan
YouBelieveWHAT? is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:44 PM   #29
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

I'm stunned.

I think the previous poster said it best. YouBelieveWHAT?
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:47 PM   #30
Normal Dude

I call prank. This can't be real.

Old 3rd October 2007, 11:47 PM   #31
YouBelieveWHAT?
Muse

I was stunned too, when I read it.

Thanks for the comments, though

And thanks to SkepticJ:
We'd outgrown the fables, I knew. The sun isn't Apollo's chariot, of course, it's a star that began burning when a god said "Let there be light". Man was not created from clay by Zeus, he was created from clay by Yahweh. Hades didn't restore Euridice to life, please. That would be absurd. Jesus did, of course, restore Lazarus to life.... What morons we were before. How wise we are now. - Dale McGowan
YouBelieveWHAT? is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:49 PM   #32
YouBelieveWHAT?
Muse

Oh, and thank you Slimething - LOL!!!

I did wonder if they're honey-nut quanta loops.

But if they're free, I'll have as many as you can send

YBW

And thanks to SkepticJ:
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:51 PM   #33
YouBelieveWHAT?
Muse

You boys don't seem to have what some would call, an open mind.
In 1975, the previous 4th dimension of TIME, was reassigned by both a consensus of U.C. Berkeley staff and Stephen Hawking, TO EXPLAIN BIGFOOT INVISIBILITY. The Bigfoot as well as dozens of other smaller people, hide in the higher dimensions so they don't get shot by morons with guns. The reason why the government has not told you about it is evidenced by the above posts. YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Dimension changes occur by modifying the frequency of vibration of free quanta loops, as described in the book, X3. This is information relayed by also invisible aliens, to DVIR. Crop circles are made by aliens, in order to quietly prove that they are here. Bigfoot also quietly proves that he is here and real.

The government did one very famous experiment that delt with invisibility. Residents of Philadelphia and retired U.S. Navy personnel have both verified to me that it happened. It is called the Philadelphia Experiment. Look it up on the internet. They caused a battleship to disappear.

Don't forget to take a walk in a dark and remote woods this weekend. If we don't hear from you again, we will assume that you ran into something other than Bigfoot.
BTW - Evidence?

YBW

And thanks to SkepticJ:
Old 4th October 2007, 05:05 AM   #34
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Star Trek technobabble sounds better...
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2007, 05:25 AM   #35
Drewbot
Philosopher

If they are invisible in our dimension, then are we invisible in their dimension?

I guess if they are invisible, you can throw out all of the 'Sightings'

If they are invisible, why do they need to be 'fast and elusive'?

Wouldnt the energy requirements of a cloaking device cause BF to need too much energy, which is not available in North America's northern forests.

If A top predator like BF is invisible, then why do deer have such good sensory mechanisms? Wouldn't the invisibilty keep the prey from even knowing that there is danger around? and thus the percieved neccessity of heightened senses reduced, resulting in deer that just stand around waiting to get clobbered by invisible threats?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2007, 05:38 AM   #36
catbasket
Graduate Poster

In 1975, the previous 4th dimension of TIME, was reassigned by both a consensus of U.C. Berkeley staff and Stephen Hawking, TO EXPLAIN BIGFOOT INVISIBILITY. The Bigfoot as well as dozens of other smaller people, hide in the higher dimensions so they don't get shot by morons with guns.
In pop news, Time - former drummer with The Dimensions - has left the band to join up and coming groove-meisters Invisible Bigfoot. A spokesman for Time, Mr. Stephen Hawking, said this was due to musical differences only; there had been no personality clashes as mistakenly reported in the tabloids.

Latest from Discworld - the Wee Free Men (aka Pictsies) have announced they are leaving to hide in the higher dimensions. A small blue spokesman claimed this was to ensure they don't get shot by morons with guns. He was later heard to exclaim "Bigjobs!", though his precise meaning here is unclear.

And now, sport ...
catbasket is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2007, 06:41 AM   #37
madurobob
Philosopher

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.
Dood, I can handle truth way weirder than that. I am capable of believing that you believe this stuff!

Dimension changes occur by modifying the frequency of vibration of free quanta loops, as described in the book, X3.
X3? Is BMW somehow involved?

Bigfoot also quietly proves that he is here and real.
I don't get it. He goes to all this effort to hide in the higher dimensions, but then seeks to quietly prove that he is here? WTF?

Hollywood is constantly stealing ideas from the Bigfoot, and not giving them credit for it. "Predator" is just one example, except Bigfoot is not a predator.
Have you considered the very real possibility that Bigfoot is actually working for Hollywood? Bigfoot is not a predator? Whats he eat?

Don't forget to take a walk in a dark and remote woods this weekend.
I, in fact, do this on a daily basis. Or does it have to be on a weekend when Bigfoot is off work? Does he get vacations?

Drewbot brought up an interesting point - can Bigfoot "see" across dimensions? How is this possible? How can he reside in a higher dimension, yet see me in this dimension and slap on my wall at night, and yet, I cannot see him?

Snow: can I use the name "Invisible Bigfoot" for my rock band without paying you royalties? That is the perfect name.
Old 4th October 2007, 06:51 AM   #38
catbasket
Graduate Poster

Snow: can I use the name "Invisible Bigfoot" for my rock band without paying you royalties? That is the perfect name.
Go for it - just buy me a pint when you're rich and famous.
catbasket is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2007, 07:06 AM   #39
madurobob
Philosopher

Thanks!

So, I've heard about serial killers, but what are the musical tastes of bigfoots?
Old 4th October 2007, 07:32 AM   #40
catbasket
Graduate Poster

So, I've heard about serial killers, but what are the musical tastes of bigfoots?
Little Tich and his amazing Big Boot dance

Last edited by catbasket; 4th October 2007 at 07:34 AM. Reason: sp'ling

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal