ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags david ray griffin , dylan avery , jason bermas , loose change

Old 22nd October 2007, 01:50 PM   #1
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Thumbs up Loose Change Final Cut Trailer Final Cut Recut has been released!

Google Video This video is not hosted by the ISF, the ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 01:59 PM   #2
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Hmm... It's not playing for me. Could be the firewall here at work, though.

Is this the same one that's on lc911finalcut.com?
Old 22nd October 2007, 02:00 PM   #3
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

...Just watched the beginning now i want a corndog...
Old 22nd October 2007, 02:06 PM   #4
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Gravy;
Do you think Dylan will send you a copy of the movie as a "professional courtesy"

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 02:06 PM   #5
CHF
Illuminator

Well done, Mark.

At first I was laughing but when the quotes from the LC boys started....

What absolute pond scum.

Way to expose them (again)!

I'm starting to wonder if perhaps Dylan doesn't want LCFC to make it big after all. If LC ever made it big so to would all of his insulting remarks.

Last edited by CHF; 22nd October 2007 at 02:10 PM.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 02:09 PM   #6
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
All I can say is...

Damn, those pickles look tasty. Where can I get some?

Oh, and also...

[truther]Hey, no fair using mockery, appeals to emotion, quote mining, ad hominem, and other propaganda techniques! Sure, we do it all the time, but you're actually good at it![/truther]

Respectfully,
Myriad
Old 22nd October 2007, 02:16 PM   #7
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by qarnos View Post
Hmm... It's not playing for me. Could be the firewall here at work, though.

Is this the same one that's on lc911finalcut.com?
No, it's not that one. I had initially uploaded it as "Loose Change Final Cut Trailer Final Cut" but had to change the title. Why? Because that's what the actual Loose Change trailer is titled.

Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 02:18 PM   #8
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Gravy;
Do you think Dylan will send you a copy of the movie as a "professional courtesy"
Are you implying that either of us is a professional?

Old 22nd October 2007, 02:18 PM   #9
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 02:38 PM   #10
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Hmmmm.. I'm only getting the first 20 seconds. Link isn't working so good...
Old 22nd October 2007, 02:41 PM   #11
JAStewart
Graduate Poster
Tagger

Absolutely brilliant.

That last quote really takes the whole thing back down to earth (That's the big one at 8:40).

Outstanding work mark

Argumentum ad YouTubeum - sts60
JAStewart is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 03:18 PM   #12
Chedda
Scholar

Dammit Gravy, I initially thought it was a genuine trailer and couldn't believe the audacity, even for Avery, to use a Sam Harris quote in the opening sequence!

Nice points on the film.
Chedda is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 03:22 PM   #13
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

[twoofer]
Well laugh it up now Mr. GoodOnPotatoes, because once it comes out I have it on good authority IT'S GOING TO MAKE YOU CRY!
[/twoofer]
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 03:24 PM   #14
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Chedda View Post
Dammit Gravy, I initially thought it was a genuine trailer and couldn't believe the audacity, even for Avery, to use a Sam Harris quote in the opening sequence!

Nice points on the film.
Thanks, and don't sell Avery short. You're talking about the guy who thinks the truther leaders are analogous to Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, and Gandhi.

Old 22nd October 2007, 03:46 PM   #15
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Gravy just beat my Dylan vid like he gave birth to it. Good (inside) job!
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 04:21 PM   #16
Quad4_72
AI-EE-YAH!

It made me giggle (: Well done.
Looks like the one on top has a magazine, thus needs less reloading. Also, the muzzle shroud makes it less likely for a spree killer to burn his hands. The pistol grip makes it more comfortable for the spree killer to shoot. thaiboxerken
Quad4_72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 04:23 PM   #17
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Edit, should watch more first! Didn't know it was a joke!
Old 22nd October 2007, 04:36 PM   #18
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Narf!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 05:11 PM   #19
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Excellent video, much more honest than anything Dylan will ever make. I worked in a drive-in movie theater for several summers during my college years; those clips definitely brought back memories.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 05:24 PM   #20
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Excellent video, much more honest than anything Dylan will ever make. I worked in a drive-in movie theater for several summers during my college years; those clips definitely brought back memories.
The last time I was at a drive-in we saw a triple feature of Planet of the Apes movies, in the early-70's. It's good to go out on a high note like that.

Old 22nd October 2007, 07:13 PM   #21
R.Mackey
Philosopher

Funny.

The one thing I did admire Ace Baker for was his ability to laugh along when he was lampooned (as I did to him savagely here, for instance). Not sure that will apply to the Loose Change Gang.

Personally, I wish they'd just go ahead and release their lousy Loose Change Final Cut Colon Movie Film for Real Theaters Not Just YouTube already... Let it die. Anticipation is really all they have left.
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 07:25 PM   #22
RedIbis
Philosopher

It's one thing to post the actual quotes, it's another to create first person fantasy talk.

These guys are deep deep in your head.

I would take a video editing class and learn about continuity, timing, and how not to load up the screen with too much text. And I would let the quotes speak for themselves if you think they're so outrageous.

Just some notes on your video. I know you're a sharp critic yourself and you can take some constructive criticism.
Old 22nd October 2007, 07:28 PM   #23
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

here ya go, Red.
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 07:31 PM   #24
OldTigerCub
Striped Shapeshifting Reptoid

That intro was priceless....Now excuse me for a bit...I think i peed myself laughing....
Old 22nd October 2007, 07:31 PM   #25
RedIbis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Unsecured Coins View Post
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

here ya go, Red.
I'm a minute and a half in and the narrator thinks that Tony Saprano is a real person.

Do I really have to watch the rest?
Old 22nd October 2007, 07:34 PM   #26
Good Lt
Graduate Poster

Is Gravy crying yet? Is he drinking his tears, as the LCFers wished?

Will there ever be a rainbow?

Eagerly awaiting the well-deserved slicing and dicing this latest revision of TEH TWooF will receive.

Good Lt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 07:36 PM   #27
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
Funny.

The one thing I did admire Ace Baker for was his ability to laugh along when he was lampooned (as I did to him savagely here, for instance). Not sure that will apply to the Loose Change Gang.

Personally, I wish they'd just go ahead and release their lousy Loose Change Final Cut Colon Movie Film for Real Theaters Not Just YouTube already... Let it die. Anticipation is really all they have left.
Wow, somehow I had missed your Ace Baker farewell post. A Mackey golden classic!

I think of the Loosers as like little Kevin Trudeaus: "We know that many of you paid for our previous versions of the Truthtm, and we thank you. It's kept us in beer for two years. But for the Real Truth That They Don't Want You To Know Abouttm, you'll need to subscribe to our Truth 4.0tm Download Service."

It kills me that they're now claiming that they turned down big money in order to preserve the integrity of their product. So who do they turn to for money and distribution support? Alex Jones, the man with the least integrity east of the Pecos, and no doubt the only investor they could find who didn't give a damn about the accuracy of the content.

Old 22nd October 2007, 07:38 PM   #28
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by RedIbis View Post
I'm a minute and a half in and the narrator thinks that Tony Saprano is a real person.

Do I really have to watch the rest?
you don't do sarcasm well, do you?
Old 22nd October 2007, 07:53 PM   #29
R.Mackey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Wow, somehow I had missed your Ace Baker farewell post. A Mackey golden classic!
Ace has some serious problems and a dearth of facts, but he did bring the best out in me, at times.

It kills me that they're now claiming that they turned down big money in order to preserve the integrity of their product. So who do they turn to for money and distribution support? Alex Jones, the man with the least integrity east of the Pecos, and no doubt the only investor they could find who didn't give a damn about the accuracy of the content.
Indeed.

There are some strange folks in Hollywood, many all of whom are vehemently opposed to President Bush, many of whom believe in all kinds of weirdness, many who don't mind dropping money on a vanity project. (Anyone else remember "Battlefield: Earth?") Strangely, Messrs. Avery & Co. still couldn't find anyone willing to give them the support they needed...

This conspiracy gets mightier and more bizarre every day.
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 07:58 PM   #30
holycanoli

Google Video This video is not hosted by the ISF, the ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
One quick question, are the quotes in your video all actual quotes from the Loose Change 911 creators/contributors?

I never tried to look up any of their quotes before. Some of the stuff I heard was a bit unbelieveable but seeing them in writing is pretty damning. Are they actual quotes?
holycanoli is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 08:01 PM   #31
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by holycanoli View Post
One quick question, are the quotes in your video all actual quotes from the Loose Change 911 creators/contributors?

yup. you can find them all over his forum, too... including a saying from Dylan where he supposedly apologized for saying all of that, but that's one thing you won't find, ever.
Old 22nd October 2007, 08:04 PM   #32
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

I never tried to look up any of their quotes before. Some of the stuff I heard was a bit unbelieveable but seeing them in writing is pretty damning. Are they actual quotes?
Yes, as I stated at the beginning of the video, all the quotes are real (well, except for the nickname I gave David Ray Griffin in the credits: "What, me fact-check?") Many of those quotes, and many more, are in my June, 2006 paper "Loose Change Creators Speak." (PDF)

Old 22nd October 2007, 08:05 PM   #33
RedIbis
Philosopher

Only when it appears in actual quotation marks.
Old 22nd October 2007, 08:10 PM   #34
RedIbis
Philosopher

Yes, as I stated at the beginning of the video, all the quotes are real (well, except for the nickname I gave David Ray Griffin in the credits: "What, me fact-check?") Many of those quotes, and many more, are in my June, 2006 paper "Loose Change Creators Speak." (PDF)
Wait a minute here. I know you have me on ignore, but perhaps someone might quote this so that you clear this up.

Are you suggesting that the text throughtout the doc that is not in quotation marks are actual quotes?

For example, at 4:45: “we made 115 false statements comprising 81 errors of fact, and got every single claim wrong.”

If you're actually saying that Avery said that, please provide the source.
Old 22nd October 2007, 08:12 PM   #35
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

It's one thing to post the actual quotes, it's another to create first person fantasy talk.

These guys are deep deep in your head.

I would take a video editing class and learn about continuity, timing, and how not to load up the screen with too much text. And I would let the quotes speak for themselves if you think they're so outrageous.

Just some notes on your video. I know you're a sharp critic yourself and you can take some constructive criticism.
Oh, are you always wrong?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 08:13 PM   #36
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

please provide the source.
he's not saying he said that. But Avery did sdo just that in his little doohickey movie of his
Old 22nd October 2007, 08:14 PM   #37
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Wait a minute here. I know you have me on ignore, but perhaps someone might quote this so that you clear this up.

Are you suggesting that the text throughtout the doc that is not in quotation marks are actual quotes?

For example, at 4:45: “we made 115 false statements comprising 81 errors of fact, and got every single claim wrong.”

If you would try, you could watch LC and find 115 false statements comprising 81 errors of fact, and got every single claim wrong. Those are facts about the LC product. `

Rational people could source this themselves. It requires watching the LC junk.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 08:17 PM   #38
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

You'll note, of course, that what you placed in quotation marks above is not in quotation marks in the video.

The quotations are contained within - wait for it - quotation marks.

This isn't exactly rocket science. Maybe you should watch it again.

Last edited by LashL; 22nd October 2007 at 08:20 PM.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2007, 08:21 PM   #39
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Unsecured Coins View Post
yup. you can find them all over his forum, too... including a saying from Dylan where he supposedly apologized for saying all of that, but that's one thing you won't find, ever.
I've certainly never seen him apologize for any of it. I think the most interesting quote in this batch is regarding the Pentagon. When they were promoting LC2E, they often said that the obvious fact that flight 77 didn't hit the Pentagon was the strongest evidence for an inside job. As Avery said, "The Pentagon is the easiest sell."

After being continually hounded by me and others who shook eyewitness accounts, physical evidence, and investigator statements in their faces, in June of this year they took the public stance that whatever hit the Pentagon is irrelevant.

So, whether it was a cruise missile, an A-3 Skywarrior with retrofitted engines, a shoulder-launched rocket, or a 100-ton airliner with human beings on board, who have living relatives, it doesn't matter.

Rather than biting the bullet and apologizing for being so arrogantly, insistently, cruelly wrong, they extracted a huge lump of 24-karat intellectual cowardice from their posteriors and defiantly declared that what was most important is now completely unimportant. "Dedicated to the lives we lost on September 11, 2001," indeed.

Despicable.

Old 22nd October 2007, 08:21 PM   #40
RedIbis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LashL View Post
You'll note, of course, that what you placed in quotation marks above is not in quotation marks in the video.

The quotations are in, wait for it, quotation marks.

This isn't exactly rocket science. Maybe you should watch it again.

I correctly placed them in quotation marks because I was quoting the text. Had I quoted a quote, it would have been single quotation marks inside double.

I know Gravy was constructing the text around the quotes in some attempt at humor, but to use first person narration and put words, whether satiric or not, in someone else's mouth is lame.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories