ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory , nominations , november 2007

Old 15th November 2007, 08:25 AM   #281
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
there is a traitorous undertone to "debunking" at this late stage of the process.[/url]
"Traitor: One who betrays one's country."
No matter how hard we try, I think many of us are going to struggle to do anything traitorous with regards to 11/9.

Originally Posted by Dr Adequate View Post
Which is heavier, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?
Ah, but pounds of lead are non-migratory.

Last edited by Cuddles; 15th November 2007 at 08:26 AM.
Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 08:29 AM   #282
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

are we talking African or European lead?
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 08:32 AM   #283
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
Ah, but pounds of lead are non-migratory.
[OpPythonReference] OK, which is heavier, a pound of coconuts or a pound of lead? [/ObPythonReference]

Dave

ETA: Curse you, Unsecured Coins!

- Myriad

Last edited by Dave Rogers; 15th November 2007 at 08:33 AM.
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 08:32 AM   #284
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Well, you could tie the feathers to the lead with string. Or maybe the lead could grip the feathers.
JimBenArm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 08:43 AM   #285
JonnyFive
Illuminator

I think the feathers would weigh less because of air pressure or something. Are the objects in a vacuum so as to negate gravity?

I will pass Twysics yet, goddammit!
JonnyFive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 08:53 AM   #286
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by JonnyFive View Post
I think the feathers would weigh less because of air pressure or something.
I'm tempted to make some comment about "Net force equals zero", but I can't because in this case it would be true.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 09:50 AM   #287
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

circular reasoning, inc:
From Christopher7
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...08#post3154908
Originally Posted by Christopher7 View Post
Funk

Do you understand the difference between 'evidence' and 'proof' ?

evidence: sign or proof

Every high rise building building that has ever imploded, before or since 9/11, was a CD.

WTC 7 imploded.
This is a sign this it could have been a CD.
It is therefore evidence of a CD.
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 09:59 AM   #288
JonnyFive
Illuminator

Originally Posted by rwguinn View Post
circular reasoning, inc:
From Christopher7

Also, the WTC towers collapsed.

This is a sign that Godzilla demolished the towers with his tail.

Therefore, this is evidence that Godzilla demolished the towers with his tail.
JonnyFive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 10:00 AM   #289
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Well, duh! It's obvious!
JimBenArm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 10:01 AM   #290
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by Dr Adequate View Post
Which is heavier, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?
irrelevant, a pound of dust is lighter than both of them
Old 15th November 2007, 10:03 AM   #291
Belz...
Fiend God

Of course. At least, if it happens in Tokyo, because no Japanese high-rise has ever collapsed except due to the action of giant monsters.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Last edited by Belz...; 15th November 2007 at 10:03 AM.
Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 10:05 AM   #292
JonnyFive
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Of course. At least, if it happens in Tokyo, because no Japanese high-rise has ever collapsed except due to the action of giant monsters.
Whereas in the United States it could potentially be due to the actions of King Kong... or possibly King Kongs (side note: Kind Kongs or Kings Kong?).

Originally Posted by JimBenArm View Post
Well, duh! It's obvious!
It's tempting to actually engage C7 over that piece of mess, but I've read his threads before and I know he isn't changing his views for anything. He could have a magical time/space machine that lets him see every minute detail of 9/11 and still rail on about how building 7 was a controlled demolition.
Old 15th November 2007, 10:09 AM   #293
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

It's tempting to actually engage C7 over that piece of mess, but I've read his threads before and I know he isn't changing his views for anything. He could have a magical time/space machine that lets him see every minute detail of 9/11 and still rail on about how building 7 was a controlled demolition.
Yeah, I should have known better, but he got under my skin this morning.
Old 15th November 2007, 10:11 AM   #294
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Whereas in the United States it could potentially be due to the actions of King Kong... or possibly King Kongs (side note: Kind Kongs or Kings Kong?).
i dont believe king kong ever destroyed any high rises, despite attacking the WTC directly in the mid-70s, therefore we can safely assume any destruction attributed to king kong is in fact controlled demolition
Old 15th November 2007, 10:20 AM   #295
JonnyFive
Illuminator

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
i dont believe king kong ever destroyed any high rises, despite attacking the WTC directly in the mid-70s, therefore we can safely assume any destruction attributed to king kong is in fact controlled demolition
That's true. However, I'm pretty sure you can see King Kong planting charges on the WTC towers if you take some low-res YouTube video, freeze it at an arbitrary point, and run it through a couple random Photoshop filters.

Originally Posted by JimBenArm View Post
Yeah, I should have known better, but he got under my skin this morning.
Completely understandable, especially given that he's essentially redefining a simple word to mean what he wants it to. I've gotten into protracted discussions with people who really aren't dealing with a full deck (ChristopherA, for example) and it's hard to disengage sometime.

After all, when debating it would normally be proper to point out errors of definition. However, in C7's world, he is right about everything, and everyone that disagrees is in denial or lying.
Old 15th November 2007, 10:51 AM   #296
Belz...
Fiend God

(side note: Kin[g] Kongs or Kings Kong?).
You can't have more than one king kong. Otherwise you'd have to have an emperor kong and several governor kongs, or perhaps a number of senator kongs.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 11:09 AM   #297
JonnyFive
Illuminator

You can't have more than one king kong. Otherwise you'd have to have an emperor kong and several governor kongs, or perhaps a number of senator kongs.
What about having one King Kong for each country? Then they can all get together and have a party every year and wreck up the place.

What about a King Kong and a Prime Minister Kong, along with several Secretary and Undersecretary Kongs? This is to say nothing of the possibility of having a figurehead King Kong along with a President Kong.

I think we need to weigh such possibilities. The future of the world may depend on it.
Old 15th November 2007, 11:09 AM   #298
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

i suppsoe you could have a king kong who holds no real political power, and a prime minister kong

Originally Posted by JonnyFive
What about a King Kong and a Prime Minister Kong
great (or warped) minds think alike

Last edited by defaultdotxbe; 15th November 2007 at 11:11 AM.
defaultdotxbe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 11:26 AM   #299
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
i dont believe king kong ever destroyed any high rises,

You Kong-lovers are such total disinfo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoFDdmD2T6k

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by Horatius; 15th November 2007 at 11:28 AM.
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 11:34 AM   #300
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

the NWO got to your youtube video! panickz!!
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 11:39 AM   #301
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
You Kong-lovers are such total disinfo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoFDdmD2T6k

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
TV FAKERY!!! CGI KONG!!!!!

(its funny cuz its true )
Old 15th November 2007, 12:42 PM   #302
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

No, no, if he's a King, then we're talking about the hierarchy in royalty. Which if I recall correctly goes, from highest to lowest: king, prince, duke, marquis, earl, viscount, baron, schmuck. Not sure about that last one.
Corsair 115 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 01:04 PM   #303
Belz...
Fiend God

You forgot the Regent Kong and Viceroy Kong.

Old 15th November 2007, 01:09 PM   #304
uk_dave
Philosopher

And Major Kong.

....I'll get me coat.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2007, 05:09 PM   #305
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Deep44 seems to be using a new definition for "facts".

Originally Posted by deep44 View Post
See, since you don't actually have the facts on your side, you have to concentrate on coming up with excuses not to acknowledge certain evidence.
Old 15th November 2007, 10:04 PM   #306
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

Originally Posted by Corsair 115 View Post
No, no, if he's a King, then we're talking about the hierarchy in royalty. Which if I recall correctly goes, from highest to lowest: king, prince, duke, marquis, earl, viscount, baron, schmuck. Not sure about that last one.
Reminds me so much of this quote from the British series "Chef!":
Quote:
Let me explain the order of things for you. There's the aristocracy, the upper class, middle class, working class, dumb animals, waiters, creeping things, head lice, people who eat packet soup, and then you.
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2007, 06:51 AM   #307
JonnyFive
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
Reminds me so much of this quote from the British series "Chef!":
What in the ever-loving hell is "packet soup?"
Old 16th November 2007, 07:34 AM   #308
8den
Graduate Poster

What in the ever-loving hell is "packet soup?"
Powered soup.

Work of the effing devil.
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2007, 10:41 PM   #309
TriskettheKid
Graduate Poster

I don't think this should come as a surprise to anyone, considering the board I got it from.

Behold, the astronomical genius that is xxMarius:

Quote:
My god! Since when has the sun been the largest object in the solar system?
May we all learn from this genius.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=39573862
TriskettheKid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2007, 12:14 AM   #310
Alareth
Philosopher

What about Donkey, Diddy, Deedee and Cranky Kong?
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2007, 05:32 AM   #311
8den
Graduate Poster

It has a certain purity to it, it is a typo, but it's on the actual credits of loose change final cut

Originally Posted by Dylan Avary
Writen by Dylan Avary
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2007, 08:07 AM   #312
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by 8den View Post
It has a certain purity to it, it is a typo, but it's on the actual credits of loose change final cut
Oh, please post a screen shot of that!

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2007, 08:13 AM   #313
e^n
Muse

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Oh, please post a screen shot of that!
Your wish is my contractual obligation.

(It's not entirely accurate)
e^n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2007, 09:13 AM   #314
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

I'm just waiting for this quote.

Originally Posted by Dylan Avery
I will be the first to admit that our film definitely contains spelling errors, it still does contain some dubious claims, and it does come to some conclusions that are not 100% backed up by the facts.
*goes back to staring into space*
Old 17th November 2007, 09:24 AM   #315
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by e^n View Post
Your wish is my contractual obligation.

(It's not entirely accurate)
http://xs221.xs.to/xs221/07466/writtenby.jpeg
Thanks for doing that, but I thought from 8den's post that Avery's name was misspelled.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2007, 09:58 AM   #316
Kiosk
He Thinks He's People

Yeah, that would be better - but come on, spelling "written" incorrectly is kind of delicious.

Especially in the credits of a "million dollar" movie...
Many of the medical profession are sceptical about my work. They point to my record of treatment of athlete's foot sufferers - 84 dead, 65 severely wounded, and 12 missing believed cured. But then, people laughed at Bob Hope. People laughed at my wife when she wrapped herself up in greaseproof paper and hopped into the Social Security office - but that doesn't mean that Pasteur was wrong.
Kiosk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2007, 10:27 AM   #317
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Oh come on people. It was fact-checked by DRG, not spell-checked.
Old 17th November 2007, 10:37 AM   #318
e^n
Muse

Thanks for doing that, but I thought from 8den's post that Avery's name was misspelled.
That's what I thought, but at least he can't spell "Written"
e^n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2007, 12:40 PM   #319
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man

"Buildings don't collapse into their own footprints unless the core is removed"

I found one! I found one!

This one's from the Myspace forums, by a regular Wooist there called YuvbinDuped:

Quote:
I have a frien that worked for the FBI and was friends with John O'Neil *******! She not only verified my claims but there is another person that is willing to go to prison to tell all. Her name is Sibel Edmonds and if her 9-11 testimony was ever revealed it would blow the lid off of the Bush Administration.

You're a lying motherf*cker too!

Buildings don't collapse into their footprints unless the core is removed....period! Jets DID NOT remove the core strucures! The best that could have been attained would have been assymetrical collapse.

There was molten steel several stories below all three collapsed buildings months later.

You suffer from cognitive dissonance.
Link: http://forums.myspace.com/t/3567071....ums.viewthread

Screenshot:

1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2007, 02:22 PM   #320
8den
Graduate Poster

No only in my post. C'mon Dylan's ego would allow that?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories