ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags september clues

Old 2nd November 2007, 05:39 AM   #1
bonavada

September Clues - Busted

seems this a new effort by a CT 9/11 Truthist nevertheless it is very interesting and does actually achieve the claim in the title.
love the BBC estuary accent and sardonically pithy narration.

Google Video This video is not hosted by the ISF, the ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

BV

Last edited by bonavada; 2nd November 2007 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Spelling
bonavada is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2007, 05:59 AM   #2
MarkyX
Master Poster

[Merged]September Clues - Busted!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...57550&hl=en-CA

Completely destroys September Clues. I love it
Old 2nd November 2007, 06:30 AM   #3
bonavada

hah.

beat you to it by 20 mins.

must say though i enjoyed it too. the narration is quite amusing.

BV
bonavada is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:57 PM   #4
kimota
Scholar

This is getting praise at LCF because it picks on a no planes theory video, but it's strange because the dissection points out September Clue's cheap tricks, i.e. quote mining, selective editing, inaccurate descriptions, providing erroneous explanations to the viewer, etc. So, this busts a video for a theory they don't like, but these same points don't apply to a similar video, Loose Change?
kimota is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:10 PM   #5
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Nice job overall, but this is like Greg Jenkins doing yet another paper proving that laser beams from space did not bring down the World Trade Center. Well below the "Gravy Line".

I did like the refutation of the "fade-to-black" bit, although there are so many videos that do not have the "fade-to-black" that the focus on the two or so that do by September Clues is silly.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:13 PM   #6
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

This IS kind of funny. LC does indeed use the exact same techniques, and has been debunked in a very similar way. Yet, if it is done to a competing woo woo theory, the LCF gang applauds.

If only they would apply the same thinking to their own theory as they do to competing sects of their cult....
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:49 PM   #7
MG1962

Thats very very well done piece - Is it just me or is this footage of the impact still hard to watch
MG1962 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2007, 02:27 PM   #8
Mancman
Graduate Poster

That was very effective. Confirmation of a 570mph+ speed for Flight 175 as well.
Old 2nd November 2007, 02:38 PM   #9
RKOwens4
Thinker

I've been meaning to make my own debunking video of September Clues, but this guy beat me to it. Oh well, still a great job. Just to elaborate on the cut to black though, I think it's probably due to a brief power outage in the complex affecting the TV antenna on the North Tower. In a clip of the impact from Evan Fairbanks, we can see the power even in the buildings next to the WTC flickered for a brief moment. Surely the WTC complex itself would have been affected, and if this feed was being transmitted through the TV antenna, it this may be why the TV feed cut off for a brief second.

But who knows.
RKOwens4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2007, 02:42 PM   #10
Plantfoam
Thinker

I've watched all of the CT videos, well almost all, as there is like over 500 of them. Out of all of them, September Clues gets under my skin the most....bleh.

Yeah, the Shrek movies were actually animated within a 17 second tv delay as well
Plantfoam is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2007, 02:44 PM   #11
RKOwens4
Thinker

I've been meaning to make my own debunking video of September Clues, but this guy beat me to it. Oh well, still a great job. Just to elaborate on the cut to black though, I think it's probably due to a brief power outage in the complex affecting the TV antenna on the North Tower. In a clip of the impact from Evan Fairbanks, we can see the power even in the buildings next to the WTC flickered for a brief moment. Surely the WTC complex itself would have been affected, and if this feed was being transmitted through the TV antenna, it this may be why the TV feed cut off for a brief second.

But who knows.

A while back I looked through the TV coverage archives of the attacks on the net (still can't post links though!), trying to see if this flicker occured at 8:46 as well, before the news in Manhattan broke in, but couldn't see anything on any of the channels. However, in the TV archives the flicker doesn't occur for the second impact either. It seems this only affected the live feeds. So, if someone can find that this flicker occured at 8:46, it would totally disprove the whole "cutting to black to avoid public seeing impact" theory, since the coverage hadn't even cut in at this point.
RKOwens4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2007, 02:51 PM   #12
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Guys, you do realise that this isn't a debunking of "September clues", don't you? It's made by some loon who's fallen for the subliminal advertising Neuro Linguistic Programming woo. Read the credits at the end, look at the captions and symbols they lay over their narrative. Look at the weak "debunking" of some point, listen to the equivocal language "i don't believe that" "I don't accept that" etc.
The stylistic themes and even the accent of the narrator are also (possibly) designed to make this look like an "official" government "debunking". What's very interesting, is that a lot of their debunking is good stuff, but by presenting it in this manner the truth movement is trying to poison the well.

Gah, now I sound like a CTist myself...
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2007, 02:51 PM   #13
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

September Clues lost me about 2-3 minutes in when they were asking how a woman in Chelsea saw the 2nd plane hit the towers when the towers were so far away.

Hell My Dad saw the 2nd plane hit and he was in North Carolina.
Old 2nd November 2007, 03:07 PM   #14
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
September Clues lost me about 2-3 minutes in when they were asking how a woman in Chelsea saw the 2nd plane hit the towers when the towers were so far away.

Hell My Dad saw the 2nd plane hit and he was in North Carolina.
You don't quite get the concept of the no-planers, undoubtedly because you are sane. Their claim is that your dad saw an image inserted into his TV by the media, who were in on the plot. Hence their fascination with the woman in question is not that she saw what millions, possibly billions saw on TV. She saw it live (i.e., not on TV), and thus she must be "debunked" specially because they can't say she saw a CGI image of a plane hitting the South Tower.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2007, 03:16 PM   #15
Plantfoam
Thinker

There's a couple of Stundie-worthy comments on the video, of course:

Quote:
572 MPH passenger jets at 700 feet altitude ? You are totally crazy man. It's Just physically impossible. Ask any qualified pilot in the entire world.
Quote:
'Prosecutor,Judge and Jury' ? Well, let the broadcasters FACE their critics on these issues and stop using smooth talking misinformants.
How about the walking bridge behind the WTC ?
Plantfoam is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2007, 03:23 PM   #16
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
You don't quite get the concept of the no-planers, undoubtedly because you are sane. Their claim is that your dad saw an image inserted into his TV by the media, who were in on the plot. Hence their fascination with the woman in question is not that she saw what millions, possibly billions saw on TV. She saw it live (i.e., not on TV), and thus she must be "debunked" specially because they can't say she saw a CGI image of a plane hitting the South Tower.
Oh... I shut down after that so I didn't know that SC went into "no plane". I was debating it with someone from the iwon boards and they just kept going on about how it was impossible to see the plane hit from that distance. I didn't get the impression that they were a no planer but maybe so.
Old 2nd November 2007, 04:53 PM   #17
RKOwens4
Thinker

I know this is off-subject but I don't want to start a whole new thread asking this. Can anyone tell me how to post pictures into threads? Thanks.
Old 2nd November 2007, 04:59 PM   #18
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

you need 15 posts before you can post images. You are not allowed to post an image here unless (A) you have uploaded it to jref, or (B) you provide the link, but do not directly produce the image here (hotlinking).

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2007, 06:37 PM   #19
Mancman
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by RKOwens4 View Post
The two videos with disturbance in the feed are from WNYW and WABC, both of whom had equipment in WTC1.

Honestly, who would label this obvious signal disruption a 'fade to black'? Who lobotomised the creator of that garbage?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories