ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags islam , spiritualism

Reply
Old 3rd November 2007, 04:03 PM   #1
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 224
Real İslam is reverse of spiritualism

We made this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXA38GeVM6k

Regards.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2007, 06:07 PM   #2
Glen.Nogami
Critical Thinker
 
Glen.Nogami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 493
Is there, perhaps, a written version somewhere? The video moves very slowly, and I really don't feel up to clicking through a youtube video for something that looks like it's probably a wee bit ridiculous. I'll read it, but not in that format.
Glen.Nogami is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2007, 07:07 PM   #3
grayman
Happy-go-lucky Heretic
 
grayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,655
It was loading slow for me, so I wasn't able to watch much. But I do wonder why there is a Baha'i' symbol near the start of the video? Are you saying that the Baha'i' faith is mired in spiritualism?
__________________
Stupidity is a condition. Ignorance is a choice. - Wiley

All great truths begin as blasphemies. - George Bernard Shaw

God is evil. As soon as you accept that, it all makes sense. - Sledge
grayman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2007, 07:13 PM   #4
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation
 
Hokulele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Biggest Little City in the World
Posts: 29,527
How many references does that video make to the earth being shaped like an ostrich egg?
__________________
"Oh god...What have you done, zooterkin? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?!" - Cleon
Hokulele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Kopji
 
Kopji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 7,990
In a nutshell (pardon the expression)

Spiritualism is against Islam because the Quran says so. The Quaran is authoritative because God appeared to someone and told them it was.

I don't really expect an answer to this question, but I am on the edge of my seat wondering why I should believe Spiritualist's say-so over Islamic say-so.
Kopji is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 01:23 PM   #6
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 224
Nobody has got ghost according to Quran

Unlike the traditional Islamic doctrine which is under the influence of sects and hadith fabrications, in the real Islamic doctrine of the Quran people have NO ghosts/ souls/ spirits. People do NOT have a divine component, a soul, a spirit nor a ghost ...

<snip>

h t t p://emre1974tr.blogspot.com/2011/07/nobody-has-got-ghost-according-to-quran.html



Edited by Loss Leader:  Edited for Rule 4. Do not report large tracts of material available elsewhere on the internet.

Inoperable link added because of Rule 6. Do not spam the forum with excessive links to another site.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 11th October 2017 at 10:25 AM.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 01:24 PM   #7
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 224
According to the verses; Spirit is revelation, holy spirit (the angel messenger conveying the message, revelation angel) and revelation book.

spirit = revelation (according to Quran)
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 01:26 PM   #8
Agatha
Winking at the Moon
Moderator
 
Agatha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 11,969
Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
How many references does that video make to the earth being shaped like an ostrich egg?
Is Miracle!
__________________
Not to put too fine a point on it, say I'm the only bee in your bonnet. Make a little birdhouse in your soul.

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 01:26 PM   #9
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 224
And In the Qur'an, the spirit word is passed in singular form. The word "ervah", which is a plural of spirit, never goes in verses. This gives us another proof of the absence of souls.

Peace
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2017, 01:50 PM   #10
p0lka
Muse
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 718
And in other news, the unicorn doesn't believe in the tooth fairy.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 06:36 AM   #11
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,087
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
According to the verses; Spirit is revelation, holy spirit (the angel messenger conveying the message, revelation angel) and revelation book.

spirit = revelation (according to Quran)
Are you saying the angel Gabriel is the holy spirit? Because The holy spirit/ghost in the bible is a part of the trinity. The holy Ghost spoke through the mouths of the disciples.

Muhammad says the angel Gabriel gave him the message of the Quran, and I think he confused Gabriel with the holy ghost.
Quran surah 16.102
Say, the Holy Spirit has brought the revelation from thy Lord in Truth, in order to strengthen those who believe, and as a Guide and Glad Tidings to Muslims
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 06:43 AM   #12
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,087
I disagree with everything in post 6 and will deal with it bit by bit.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 06:48 AM   #13
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,628
Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
And in other news, the unicorn doesn't believe in the tooth fairy.
That, most pithily, describes my first impression.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 06:50 AM   #14
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,628
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Nobody has got ghost according to Quran ...
I don't believe in ghosts either. They're just pretend.
Quote:
... People who believe in the spirits are more likely to be cheated by the jinns.
I don't believe in jinns either. They're just pretend.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 06:56 AM   #15
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,087
Quote from post 6. Everything created in the universe is material, physical and real, NOT an illusion. (for example the first man Adam was made from clay element and the jinn was made from fire element)

As I have said on another thread nothing is solid. Everything was energy which is the source of atoms, and atoms are largely empty space.

The story of Adam is obviously a myth and the idea that he was made out of clay is laughable, it is also stolen from the bible.

As for Jinn, Genies, they too are an Arab myth.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 06:57 AM   #16
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 15,221
There exists no "element fire". This explaind why there exist no jinns.

What difference does it make if my dead body is recreated today or in a million years? As long as I don't exist, I have no concept of time, suffering, longing. I shall sense nothing of the intervening ages.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 07:06 AM   #17
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,087
As for the resurrection of the body, where will all the dead be resurrected. Not on this earth for sure, as there would be standing room only.

In any case to be an eternal human being resurrected in the body would have problems.
Frank Tipler pointed out in his book 'the physics of immortality' after the first thousand years all the memory cells of the brain would be used up so an eternal human being would become unable to remember anything.

Besides who would want to be an eternal human being in Muhammad's pathetic heaven.
Reclining on couches where the fruit hangs low being waited on by wide eyed youths.
It might appeal to dusty old desert Arabs for a few centuries, but after that they would probably pray for death.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 07:09 AM   #18
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,087
I recommend Muslims to read the following book to find the original sources of the Quran

http://www.answering-islam.org/Books/Tisdall/Sources/
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy

Last edited by Scorpion; 11th October 2017 at 07:10 AM.
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 07:50 AM   #19
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,087
Lets try the moral argument. The Quran quotes God as saying. " I created men and Jinn only that they might worship me." What kind of pathetic God would create beings just to worship him? and what kind of human beings worship a God that will burn unbelievers in eternal hell?

Here are some of the verses in the Quran about what God will do to people and it makes him out to be an insane sadistic monster. No human father or mother would do these things to their children, so why would God?

4.56 Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as
their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may
taste the penalty: for God is Exalted in Power, Wise.


22.19 These two antagonists dispute with each other about their Lord: But those
who deny (their Lord),- for them will be cut out a garment of Fire: over their heads
will be poured out boiling water.
22.20 With it will be scalded what is within their bodies, as well as (their) skins.
22.21 In addition there will be maces of iron (to punish) them.
22.22 Every time they wish to get away therefrom, from anguish, they will be
forced back therein, and (it will be said), "Taste ye the Penalty of Burning!"


40.70 Those who deny the scripture and that wherewith we send our messengers.
But they will come to know.
40.71 When yokes are about their necks and chains, they are dragged.
40.72 Through boiling waters; then they are thrust into the fire.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 09:32 AM   #20
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,087
emre, you are right about one thing, spiritualism and Islam are incompatible.

But if you think about it all you have to support your beliefs is a fourteen hundred year old book which is full of myths and flaws. But I have a lifetime of experience of listening to the revelations of living spirits. They say there will be no judgement day and there is no hellfire. They say there is no devil and as you have observed in post 6 they say we reincarnate in a cycle of rebirths. But only until we reach an enlightened state of spiritual evolution. After which we continue to evolve as immortals in the spirit world. Or higher planes of experience.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 06:05 PM   #21
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 224
1- The Qur'an gives examples from the life of Paradise, and these are only parts of the whole.

Food, drink ,sexuality, love and travel are only a few of the blessings in Paradise.

The full blessing list is in this verse:

...and therein is all that desires and eyes find sweet. And ye are immortal therein. (from Zuhruf 71.)

Every beautiful and healthy thing we desire to read books from chess is in Paradise.

2- I saw the jinn and it did not look like an Arabian.

3- Energy is also a matter.

Peace
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 06:34 PM   #22
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 224
https://www.hipforums.com/forum/topi...ding-to-quran/

spirit = revelation.

There are also the concepts of life and nefs mentioned in the verses.

Life is like electrical energy, and it is again a material.

The nafs is the psychobiological characteristic of that person, which is revealed by the combination of body and life.

Regards
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 06:36 PM   #23
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 224
According to the verses;

1- Spirit is revelation,

2- holy spirit (the angel messenger conveying the message, revelation angel)

3- and revelation book (Quran).

Spirit= revelation.



Let's give examples.

1- Revelation

[15:29] "So when I perfect him, and blow of My Spirit in him, you shall fall prostrate to him."


2- Revelation Angel

19:17. Thus, she kept herself in seclusion from people. Then We sent to her Our spirit, and it appeared before her in the form of a perfect man.


3- Revelation Book (Quran)

42:52 And thus We have revealed to you an inspiration of Our command. You did not know what is the Book or [what is] faith, but We have made it a light by which We guide whom We will of Our servants. And indeed, [O Muhammad], you guide to a straight path -

spirit = revelation.

And basic verses in our body like Adam:

30:30So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah . That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

We are obliged to direct the truth through the verses inside.

Peace
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 08:25 PM   #24
Norman Alexander
Master Poster
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,115
Using your source to justify your source is fairly pointless. It's also a very old and tired game that is childish. We could do the same thing with Harry Potter books or Star Wars films to prove the existence of Death Eaters and Death Stars. Try something else if you want to be convincing.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 08:34 PM   #25
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,351
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Using your source to justify your source is fairly pointless. It's also a very old and tired game that is childish. We could do the same thing with Harry Potter books or Star Wars films to prove the existence of Death Eaters and Death Stars. Try something else if you want to be convincing.
My spider sense tells me he's not here for any sort of discussion whatsoever, All of his posts have been preaching.

GIGO
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
----------------------------------------------
Proud woo denier
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 05:40 PM   #26
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 224
Cabala is trojan horse of Spiritualism, too.

Beliefs such as evolution and communism are also the foundations of Spiritualism, like pantheism.

Peace
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 05:53 PM   #27
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 15,221
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
...

Beliefs such as evolution ... are also the foundations of Spiritualism, like pantheism
No. You evidently do not understand the first thing about the theory of evolution at all.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 06:30 PM   #28
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped
 
Sideroxylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aporia
Posts: 18,260
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Nobody has got ghost according to Quran

Unlike the traditional Islamic doctrine which is under the influence of sects and hadith fabrications, in the real Islamic doctrine of the Quran people have NO ghosts/ souls/ spirits. People do NOT have a divine component, a soul, a spirit nor a ghost ...

<snip>

h t t p://emre1974tr.blogspot.com/2011/07/nobody-has-got-ghost-according-to-quran.html



Edited by Loss Leader:  Edited for Rule 4. Do not report large tracts of material available elsewhere on the internet.

Inoperable link added because of Rule 6. Do not spam the forum with excessive links to another site.
http://islamic-dictionary.tumblr.com...creator-of-all
__________________
'The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool.' - Richard Feynman
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 06:32 PM   #29
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped
 
Sideroxylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aporia
Posts: 18,260
And as far a spirit mediums and islam goes, there are plenty of djin mediums in the Islamic world who perform pretty much the same as those in the US.
__________________
'The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool.' - Richard Feynman
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 06:33 PM   #30
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 224
Leave the dictionaries of hadith and sufism teachings.

I show you what the Qur'an writes. True Islam is only in the Qur'an.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 06:36 PM   #31
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 15,221
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Leave the dictionaries of hadith and sufism teachings.

I show you what the Qur'an writes. True Islam is only in the Qur'an.
We can't leave them when don't have or follow them.

You seem to not understand where you are or who and what we are.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 06:39 PM   #32
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped
 
Sideroxylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aporia
Posts: 18,260
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Leave the dictionaries of hadith and sufism teachings.

I show you what the Qur'an writes. True Islam is only in the Qur'an.
And Hadith?
__________________
'The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool.' - Richard Feynman
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 06:39 PM   #33
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,492
I vote the moderators create a specific thread joining all programminggodjordan threads and all threads from the Emre.

Let the strongest dogma prevail!
__________________
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col. Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 07:03 PM   #34
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped
 
Sideroxylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aporia
Posts: 18,260
Emre, what are djinn?
__________________
'The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool.' - Richard Feynman
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 07:13 PM   #35
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,492
Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Emre, what are djinn?
Don't you remember the old TV series "I Dream of Djinny?"
__________________
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col. Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 12:59 AM   #36
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,087
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Leave the dictionaries of hadith and sufism teachings.

I show you what the Qur'an writes. True Islam is only in the Qur'an.
I spent years arguing with a Sufi on another forum, he thought the Quran had no flaws too.

The Quran says the curse of God is upon unbelievers in Muhammad and God will burn them in hellfire for all eternity. It says that believers who die in battle fighting for Muhammad will get a great reward in the afterlife.
It says strike the necks of unbelievers (with a sword) and cut off their finger tips also.

The Quran is evil trash invented by a cut throat Arab bandit to scare people into fighting for him. Even its descriptions of heaven are a joke that only dusty old desert Arabs would want.
To recline on couches by rivers of wine under trees where the fruit hangs low, being waited on by wide eyed youths.

Yes, I have read the entire Quran, and I know what it says.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 01:53 AM   #37
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,628
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Life is like electrical energy...
This seems curious. Can you explain how the Quran likens life to electrical energy? Does it have current and potential? Is it a field?
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 03:21 AM   #38
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,263
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Cabala is trojan horse of Spiritualism, too.

Beliefs such as evolution and communism are also the foundations of Spiritualism, like pantheism.

Peace
That must be the reason why the Spanish for horse is 'caballo'.
So you are saying there's a direct line from the Bronze Age Achaeans through the Jews, Madame Blavatsky, right to Caballero Cigarettes? Wow, if that doesn't prove Islam is the One True Faith, then not even trying to prove that by quoting the Quran will.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 03:33 AM   #39
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 78,870
What is "spiritualism"?
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 04:25 AM   #40
Border Reiver
Philosopher
 
Border Reiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,072
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Cabala is trojan horse of Spiritualism, too.

Beliefs such as evolution and communism are also the foundations of Spiritualism, like pantheism.

Peace
Dude, evolution and communism are concepts first articulated in the 19th century. Pantheism is a concept as old as people have thought about deities - but was articulated around the 12th or 13th centuries.

You need to explain how later concepts are the foundations of the earlier. The logic is identical to claiming that Islam is the foundation of Judaism and Christianity.
__________________
Questions, comments, queries, bitches, complaints, rude gestures and/or remarks?
Border Reiver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.