ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags islam , spiritualism

Old 13th October 2017, 05:06 AM   #41
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
3- Energy is also a matter.
No.

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 06:47 AM   #42
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

1- Energy is also a matter.

2- Communism, Evolution and pantheism, holy people, nazism came from spiritualism/paganism.

3- Christianity is half spiritualist pagan religion.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 06:51 AM   #43
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

So you have come to the conclusion that Islam is the one true religion... by reading that claim in the holy book of Islam.

You seriously don't see any potential weaknesses in that approach?
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 07:31 AM   #44
Border Reiver
Philosopher

No, it is not.

Quote:
2- Communism, Evolution and pantheism, holy people, nazism came from spiritualism/paganism.
Communism is a political/economic philosophy.

Evolution is a scientific model based on observation and deduction.

Neither of these have their roots in spiritualism or paganism.

Some of the racial ideas of Nazism come from spiritual/neo-paganism. Some of them are good old-fashioned racism. The economic and political organization ideas of Nazism are not spiritual/pagan in origin.

Pantheism, and the idea of holy persons are as old as belief in deities - and yes, you can attribute the idea that certain people are holy, like say Allah's prophets to spirituality/paganism.

Paganism is a label given to other religions to degnigrate them. The word has latin origins and was used by the more urban Chrisitans to refer to countryfolk and their adherence to the old gods. Essentially, in its original form it is a term used by Christians to refer to non-Christians as dumb hicks.

You realize that to Christians, adherents of Islam are pagans?

Quote:
And?

Are you expecting me to be offended? I'm an atheist - any religion is a collection of nonsense from my POV. Those people simply using their religious faith as an excuse to commit socially responsible acts of charity or to justify their acceptable behaviour get a pass. The rest, not so much.
Old 13th October 2017, 07:41 AM   #45
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

... Evolution [...] came from spiritualism/paganism...
This is false.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 07:55 AM   #46
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

These are real. Forget your dogmas.

Paganism/spiritualism in everywhere. In Christianity, in atheism, in new ageism ....

Evolution , pantheism, communism have thousands and even millions of years of history.

Paganism has been tried to be infused with known powers since the first people.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 07:59 AM   #47
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

"Bla, bla, bla... every ideology except for mine is a superstition".

We've heard this claim a lot on this board. Perhaps you could be the forst poster in our history to actually support that claim with some evidence?
A hint: you can't quote the Quran to establish the credibility of the Quran...
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 08:05 AM   #48
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Emre, what are djinn?
Spir... ahhhh, that doesn't count, because reasons.
Old 13th October 2017, 08:30 AM   #49
Donn
Philosopher

Paganism/spiritualism in everywhere. In Christianity, in atheism, in new ageism ....

Evolution , pantheism, communism have thousands and even millions of years of history.

1. No.
2. See 1.
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 08:32 AM   #50
Donn
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
But if you think about it all you have to support your beliefs is a fourteen hundred year old book which is full of myths and flaws. But I have a lifetime of experience of listening to the revelations of living spirits.
Meanwhile, in Narnia.
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 08:34 AM   #51
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Evolution , pantheism, communism have thousands and even millions of years of history...
What you and I understand by 'evolution' is clearly not the same thing.

Your definition of 'history' seems to be a bit different too.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 08:47 AM   #52
Sherman Bay
Master Poster

Nobody has got ghost according to Quran
Does this sentence make any sense in Arabic? Because it doesn't in English.
Sherman Bay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 09:12 AM   #53
Scorpion
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Sherman Bay View Post
Does this sentence make any sense in Arabic? Because it doesn't in English.
I think he is saying nobody has an immortal spirit in Islam. The Quran says we are resurrected in the flesh, and either go to heaven or hell.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 10:39 AM   #54
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

I think he is saying nobody has an immortal spirit in Islam. The Quran says we are resurrected in the flesh, and either go to heaven or hell.
So does the bible.

The graves will open and our ancestors will rise up and engage in athletic sports.

That might nit be an exact quote
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 04:10 PM   #55
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

This is all true of what I said.

Please carefully watch the video related to the topic away from your prejudices.

I also hope that I will translate the my texts related to the subject in Turkish by English.

Peace
Old 13th October 2017, 04:12 PM   #56
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

This is all true of what I said.

Please carefully watch the video related to the topic away from your prejudices.

I also hope that I will translate the my texts related to the subject in Turkish by English.

Peace
Are djinn material or spiritual beings?
Old 13th October 2017, 04:17 PM   #57
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

Material of course. They are not supernatural.

They are living organisms just like us.

Only the structure and features are different from ours.

For example, they may be invisible.
Old 13th October 2017, 04:35 PM   #58
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

This one goes into the scrapbook
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 04:40 PM   #59
Filippo Lippi
Master Poster

We need more true believers going head to head, hope it'll be like matter and anti-matter
Filippo Lippi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2017, 02:08 AM   #60
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Describe some ways in which we can detect and interact with djinn (üç harfliler).
Compare and contrast with the ways people claim to interact with ghosts.
Old 14th October 2017, 02:11 AM   #61
Filippo Lippi
Master Poster

Describe some ways in which we can detect and interact with djinn (üç harfliler).
Pottery?
Filippo Lippi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2017, 02:19 AM   #62
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by Filippo Lippi View Post
Pottery?
Old 14th October 2017, 02:44 AM   #63
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

Good to know.
This being the case, it should be easy for you to produce one for us. Where might I go to find one? Are there any in zoos? What is their preoferred habitat?

Oh, and if they really are invisible, they would be completely blind. Does the Quran mention this? Can we detect them by the tapping sounds from their sticks?
Old 14th October 2017, 03:27 AM   #64
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
So does the bible.

The graves will open and our ancestors will rise up and engage in athletic sports.

That might nit be an exact quote
Which is the "reason" why Roman Catholicism has traditionally been against cremation.
Old 15th October 2017, 05:38 PM   #65
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

The djinns actually come in ghosting sessions. There is no such thing as a ghost/soul.
Old 15th October 2017, 05:47 PM   #66
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

3- Energy is also a matter.

Peace
No, energy is not matter. A total misunderstanding of physics.
Old 15th October 2017, 06:03 PM   #67
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

Souls/ghosts, reincarnation, , accepting sin as a means of evolution, beyond matter world... These are from Spiritualism too.
Old 15th October 2017, 06:15 PM   #68
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Piling on the nonsense I see.
1. Energy is not matter.
2.Communism, Evolution and pantheism, holy people, nazism DID NOT come from spiritualism/paganism.

Communism is an economic system based on the works of Karl Marx.
Evolution is a scientific theory explaining the diversity of life. It was first introduced in depth by Charles Darwin in the book Origin of the Species in 1859.
Pantheism has been around long before even Judaism
'Holy people' could describe anyone peddling any religion for a living.
Nazism is the ideology of the National Socialist Party of Germany. It was lot of things but mostly was the result of the crazy ideas of Adolf Hitler which included the idea that the Aryan race was superior to all other races. Hitler was obsessed with turning Germany into a modern Sparta where every man woman and child belonged to the state committed to a pure and powerful Germany.

I really wish you would stop tossing out platitudes that are nonsensical and wrong.
Old 15th October 2017, 06:22 PM   #69
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

My Turkish articles:

http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com.tr/20...armagedon.html

http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com.tr/20...zahurleri.html

Regards
Old 15th October 2017, 06:39 PM   #70
Peregrinus
Muse

Emre,

Nonsense repeated remains nonsense.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2017, 06:49 PM   #71
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

You don't get it. Your articles are wrong. It's a lot of nonsense if they suggest those ideas and I just pointed out why.
If you suggest I'm wrong, why don't YOU explain your nonsensical claims as opposed to pointing to articles?

My belief is you don't and can't comprehend the facts.

Last edited by acbytesla; 15th October 2017 at 06:51 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2017, 05:09 PM   #72
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

The leftist/communists began to perceive that their origins are spiritualism.

http://www.gnostics.com/newdawn-1.html

Last edited by Emre_1974tr; 16th October 2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 16th October 2017, 05:51 PM   #73
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

And Spiritualism/Paganism secret commander of Atheism.

http://freemasonrywatch.org/communism.html

http://www.spiritualatheism.com/
Old 16th October 2017, 06:06 PM   #74
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

The leftist/communists began to perceive that their origins are spiritualism.

http://www.gnostics.com/newdawn-1.html
What nonsense. Koo Koo. Why not make a claim and defend it in this forum? Are you afraid it won't stand up to scrutiny?
Old 16th October 2017, 06:28 PM   #75
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

What nonsense. Koo Koo. Why not make a claim and defend it in this forum? Are you afraid it won't stand up to scrutiny?
Old 17th October 2017, 01:39 AM   #76
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

The common viewpoint on these forums is methodolical naturalism.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Methodological_naturalism

It is an approach that excludes explanations that are resort to anything that might fall under spiritualism.
Old 17th October 2017, 02:41 AM   #77
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

I spent years arguing with a Sufi on another forum, he thought the Quran had no flaws too.

Yes, I have read the entire Quran, and I know what it says.
I asked this question in other relevant topic:

I simply want to know: whether such absolute words of God in the Quran are expression or basic & absolute truth or also of gross rationals?

Since you read it all, you can tell. In other sense, whether need of time due to natural environmental changes are also accomodated in Quran or those are just basic truths?
Old 17th October 2017, 08:39 AM   #78
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Wow. Hang on, I will get the popcorn.
Old 17th October 2017, 09:49 AM   #79
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Emre, what are djinn?
It's a liquor for making djinn and dtonics.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2017, 10:10 AM   #80
Scorpion
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
I asked this question in other relevant topic:

I simply want to know: whether such absolute words of God in the Quran are expression or basic & absolute truth or also of gross rationals?

Since you read it all, you can tell. In other sense, whether need of time due to natural environmental changes are also accomodated in Quran or those are just basic truths?
I don't quite understand your questions. Maybe you could re-phrase them.

I do not think the Quran is the words of God even though it sometimes says things that appear to be God speaking in the first person. For example verse 51.56 says " I created the Jinn and humankind only that they might worship me" (although the exact wording depends on the translation you use )
From my point of view God had nothing to do with the Quran and it is all lies made up by Muhammad.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy