ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 19th November 2007, 06:46 PM   #1
Good Lt
Graduate Poster

Dylan's Sooper-Busy Whirl-Wind Tour of London!

Boy - how does such a talented revolutionary manage to squeeze everything in within a day with a schedule as loaded down with TEH TROOF as this?

Quote:
Monday 19th November

1.30 Associated Press Interview

7.30 9/11 Truth Meeting

Tuesday 20th November

9.30 Loose Change Press Conference - Frontline Club

12.00 Meeting with Metropolitan Police at Scotland Yard, re: accountability for 9/11

Wednesday 21st November

6.00 PM Interview with Rock FM

10.00 PM Talksport 3 hour 9/11 show
And that "accountability" meeting with the Brit police?

Quote:
Basically just gonna drop off a copy of LCFC, remind them that Brits died on 9/11 too, and see where it goes. It's a shot in the dark, but we're here, so why not?
At this rate, Bush will be in the gallows by tomorrow afternoon.

You go get 'em, tiger!

Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful.
- Ian Faith

Last edited by Good Lt; 19th November 2007 at 06:58 PM.
Good Lt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2007, 06:58 PM   #2
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

That reminds me, tomorrow I have a meeting regarding a new model of digital entertainment distribution with a representative from a nationwide retailor of feature-length visual products. Yes, I'm asking that they waive the fee when I drop off Ella Enchanted at Blockbuster two days late.

It's a shot in the dark but you never know.

L. Leader

Last edited by Loss Leader; 19th November 2007 at 06:59 PM.
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2007, 07:18 PM   #3
Furi
Felix Sapiens

Originally Posted by Good Lt View Post

At this rate, Bush will be in the gallows by tomorrow afternoon.

You go get 'em, tiger!

wooT No high tea with Phil Liz or Gordo

Yup I can see that going down well, probably is going to meet a nice community copper at bacon-command to hand over his coaster who will ask if he is accusing the UK government of complicity, leaving himself open to choice of legal probs.

then as he has no sense nip off down spearmint rhino to squander what money he has left, before getting happy slapped by a bunch of Surreyite wannabe chavs on the tube back to Heathrow, and cavity searched on exit of the country (or maybe he is just hoping just to pick up some currency more stable than the US Lira to reduce his losses )

it is my escape from wombatraz on sunday, please can I hear he got rolled on the tube.
Furi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2007, 07:36 PM   #4
JMarshall
Thinker

"I'd take a pint. The pubs here are great, that's for sure. I only stopped in one briefly, but damn, could they pour a pint of Guiness." - Dylan

Wow he is just one hell of a connoisseur... Guiness, of all of the brews, he picked Guiness...

You know a part of me tells me, we are going to either hear A.) Scotland Yard is going to investigate Mr. Avery... Or B.) The DVD gets thrown out 2 seconds after he gives it to them...
JMarshall is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2007, 07:42 PM   #5
Furi
Felix Sapiens

just a thought, might they prosecute him for copyright infingement, or have they paid all those fees now

even so wasting police time....

ETA and best not to get me started on the virtues of decent beer (Guiness kegflow extracryogenic is NOT decent beer any more than Sarsons is decent beer, that saying sarah hughes dark ruby, cauldron snout or any other decent porter or stout is ... see told you not to get me started)

PPS besides I thought it was common practice for mirkins to DO the whole of Europe in 5 days, whilst maintaining their Irish Roots

Last edited by Furi; 19th November 2007 at 07:49 PM. Reason: beer rant and spelling
Furi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2007, 07:48 PM   #6
geni
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Originally Posted by Furi View Post
just a thought, might they prosecute him for cupyright infingement, or have they paid all those fees now
Copyright is not a matter for the police. It is generaly dealt with through civil courts. In any case England's interesting libel laws would likely be more of an issue.
geni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2007, 07:53 PM   #7
geni

Yup I can see that going down well, probably is going to meet a nice community copper at bacon-command to hand over his coaster who will ask if he is accusing the UK government of complicity, leaving himself open to choice of legal probs.
I can't at short notice think of any offence that could be committed by such a claim. I think unlike the UK courts the met will take the view that the whole thing was a bit outside their juristiction.

No unless he does something silly such as holding an impromptu protest in the wrong part of london or saying something truely stupid on the radio about someone in the UK legal issues are extreamly unlikely.
geni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2007, 07:54 PM   #8
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Guiness kegflow extracryogenic ...
Huh?
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2007, 07:57 PM   #9
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

It's Welch.
Old 19th November 2007, 08:04 PM   #10
Furi
Felix Sapiens

it depends if he has spiced it up with a lot of have got news for you style "alledgedlies" he will prob be OK, not going to waste beer tokens or bandwidth on the latest rerun.

But UK Libel might certainly make him think of the international issues, if my step was down in Nodnol that day he would sure love to give him an earful after 25 years on the receiving end of IRA terrorism and "friendly" fire.

<derail>as an offshoot and not meant as a sleight on anyones character, how many twoofers do you think would have done the whole Noraid fundraising or general sponsored anti-Euro thang before 11/9, I have a feeling they are mostly angst machines without a cause/clue? </derail>
Old 19th November 2007, 08:12 PM   #11
Furi
Felix Sapiens

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
It's Welch.
it isn't Welsh see, it is just rubbish,

in late 80's guiness brought out a nitrokeg dispensing system, the nitrogen boubles rise to the head reducing the hoppiness of the beer, as such they could also cash into the trend of lower strength *beers* that where populatating the market and guiness as well as the inherent rise in the brewing community of the mega breweries allowed for much brand placement over product control, thus guiness became almost as popular asother making love in a punt drinks (budweiser becks fosters miller coors boddingtons etc) as such the need for further gimmicks they have introduced Guinness extra cold, a stout served at temperatures so low, that not only could you not taste the hops, you cant even taste the malt, Sparkling water has more of a taste and texture than any of these nitrocrap beers.

I did warn not to start talking about beer :P
Old 19th November 2007, 08:13 PM   #12
Good Lt
Graduate Poster

Quote:
so why not?
Is it just me, or can the entire attitude of the Troof movement, spoken in unguarded fashion here by one of its most prominent progenitors, be summarized adequately with just these three words?

Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful.
- Ian Faith

Last edited by Good Lt; 19th November 2007 at 08:14 PM.
Good Lt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2007, 08:26 PM   #13
Furi
Felix Sapiens

Originally Posted by geni View Post
I can't at short notice think of any offence that could be committed by such a claim. I think unlike the UK courts the met will take the view that the whole thing was a bit outside their juristiction.

No unless he does something silly such as holding an impromptu protest in the wrong part of london or saying something truely stupid on the radio about someone in the UK legal issues are extreamly unlikely.
he has 2 radio interviews slotted, 1 is for 3 hours, the chances of him saying something stupid have just shot up by several OOM, and 3 hours on Talksport, where Barry from Barnsley can argue the hindlegs off an Arcturian Megadonkey about the virtues of the sweeper system versus a flat back four for years on end.

or as is more likely the main question will be "Dylan.. who wha. huh, Eh?"

no meetings with the UK twoof movement, no interlinking to the 7/7 bombings or Orwellian big brother control. is this an ace up his sleeve

Pre edit) just realised ace was spelled incorrectly
Old 19th November 2007, 11:07 PM   #14
Kiosk
He Thinks He's People

Quote:
10.00 PM Talksport 3 hour 9/11 show
Talksport is a sport-themed phone-in station which dabbles in shock-jockery for a few hours a day. Modelled on the worst kind of US talk radio, these shows are basically an excuse for loudmouthed right wing idiots to throw out talking points like "Are Muslims destroying the British way of life?" and take calls from exactly the kind of bellowing mouth-breathers one would expect to respond to something like this (they also feature one loudmouthed left wing idiot in George Galloway, but to his credit, Galloway's show leans towards more or less serious political discussion... some of the time).

Anyway, since Galloway loathes 9/11 truthers, it's unlikely that Avery will be appearing there. I'd put money on him turning up on the James Whale show - Whale loves conspiro-nuts and woo-woos, and every time I've ever heard his show (cabbies' radios are invariably tuned to Talksport) he's been chatting to some loon who claims to have seen the ghost of Nessie assassinate JFK. I don't know if Dylan realises quite what a freak show he's walking into... or that he will have found his level.
Many of the medical profession are sceptical about my work. They point to my record of treatment of athlete's foot sufferers - 84 dead, 65 severely wounded, and 12 missing believed cured. But then, people laughed at Bob Hope. People laughed at my wife when she wrapped herself up in greaseproof paper and hopped into the Social Security office - but that doesn't mean that Pasteur was wrong.
Kiosk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 01:28 AM   #15
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Can anyone explain how he gets an audience with the Metropolitan Police?

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 01:39 AM   #16
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Well, the House of Commons passed the Anti-Smirk Act in 1843. It has rarely been enforced - the last known instance of a prosecution being Reginald Cuthberton of Snidely on Whiplash back in 1893.

Or, ... He explained it himself, above. He's going to drop in and give them a DVD!

I first read it, hoping he was on this page..... http://www.met.police.uk/wanted/

(Maybe someone with some cut-n-paste skills could put Do-Over's picture on that page? Sure would look nice as wallpaper in their treehouse in Oneonta!)

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 01:42 AM   #17
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Is it forbidden to just walk into the New Scotland Yard building?

I'm more amazed at the Associated Press interview.
Old 20th November 2007, 02:00 AM   #18
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
Is it forbidden to just walk into the New Scotland Yard building?

I'm more amazed at the Associated Press interview.
No not forbidden, but the way the itinerary was written it looks like a formal meeting. Yes I know it would likely be with a lackey from the media unit but still.........

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 02:26 AM   #19
Chedda
Scholar

Originally Posted by Kiosk View Post
I'd put money on him turning up on the James Whale show - Whale loves conspiro-nuts and woo-woos, and every time I've ever heard his show (cabbies' radios are invariably tuned to Talksport) he's been chatting to some loon who claims to have seen the ghost of Nessie assassinate JFK. I don't know if Dylan realises quite what a freak show he's walking into... or that he will have found his level.
It's a show that makes Coast to Coast in the US appear to be an intellectually highbrow factual programme.

Originally Posted by wikipedia
The show often features celebrity guests, including Derek Acorah, Jodie Marsh, David Icke, Nick Pope, Alex Jones, David Shayler, Lembit Opik and Alistair McGowan.
What other show could possibly attract such luminaries? Acorah is a legend round these parts!
Chedda is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 02:35 AM   #20
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Dylan is not welcome in my city.

We hate American slacker drop-outs.

Bet he can't handle our beer either.

Last edited by Undesired Walrus; 20th November 2007 at 02:37 AM.
Undesired Walrus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 02:49 AM   #21
catbasket
Graduate Poster

So Dylan's on holiday in the UK? Bluddy armed border guards sleeping on the job again.
catbasket is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 03:06 AM   #22
uk_dave
Philosopher

Hmmmmm could this be another reason why LTW was unable to sell LC:FC to UK 'truthers'?

Maybe he was worried about being sued while over here.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 03:07 AM   #23
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

I expect we are to be treated with Dylan trying to work out how to get onto the London Underground this time.

Extras include 'Asking the grumpy ticketguard how to get onto train' and 'Talking loudly on the tube gets us chucked off'.
Undesired Walrus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 03:21 AM   #24
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Kiosk View Post
Anyway, since Galloway loathes 9/11 truthers, it's unlikely that Avery will be appearing there.
I wouldn't put money on that.

Quote:
"The Real Deal" with George Galloway, June 12, 2006

Galloway: Great tragedies, great events, enormous occasions like this, they throw up leaders. And you have become a leader. [He puts his hand on Rodriguez's arm] You were a caretaker looking after the stairs. Now you're wonderfully eloquent on platforms, on radio, on television. You're coming across the world and speaking to people.

Rodriguez: Because it's a mission. You see, I lost 200 friends.

Galloway: You're driven by the desire to get to the bottom of this. To get to the truth.

Rodriguez: Yes, yes.

Galloway: It's a fantastic thing. William Rodriguez, you're a great man. [Shakes his hand] You're a survivor. From one survivor to another, let me wish you great success in your campaign to establish the truth about 9/11. And look after that key. That key of hope. We all need that key of hope in life. This is George Galloway. This is the Real Deal.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 03:30 AM   #25
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
No not forbidden, but the way the itinerary was written it looks like a formal meeting.
Sure. But the point is, even if it's just Mr. Do-Over dropping by unannounced and leaving a LC:FC CD at the reception, calling it a "meeting with the Metropolitan Police" isn't strictly speaking a lie.
Old 20th November 2007, 03:38 AM   #26
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
One of the insider guys over on LCF has said it'll be Whale's show.... He (Whale) is already plugging it. 10 PM UK time on Wednesday, I believe.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 03:48 AM   #27
catbasket
Graduate Poster

Checking the TalkSport site shows the James Whale show is on tonight at 10pm. Tomorrow on TalkSport is football commentary - England v Croatia. Linky
catbasket is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 03:53 AM   #28
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Checking the TalkSport site shows the James Whale show is on tonight at 10pm. Tomorrow on TalkSport is football commentary - England v Croatia. Linky
Kuhl!!! DA's not only going to not be able to get around on the Underground (the New York subway doesn't make you pay different fares for different zones - so he may wind up as Charlie on the MTA), but he's probably going to miss his appointment!

The Keystone Kops of Kredibility, Episode III. Do-Over Does London and Mistakes an Irish Stout for English Beer.

Maybe someone could do him up as Paddington Bear? Pin a little note on him, saying, "Will Someone Please Take Care of This Bore?"

Old 20th November 2007, 08:30 AM   #29
bonavada

there's a large archive of james whale shows HERE his guest list almost reads as a list of the top luminaries of woodom. (alex jones, icke, shaylor geller) i'm listening right now to a 9-11 SPECIAL whale did back in april. from even the first few minutes it seems that avery will get a rather easy ride. he (whale) describes loose change as the "strongest argument for an independent review" oddly also they have a big-time ufologist (nick pope) taking the stance as the guest sceptic.....make of that what you will.

BV

Last edited by bonavada; 20th November 2007 at 08:31 AM.
bonavada is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 09:26 AM   #30
jon
Muse

Anyone got links to a few of Dylan's opinions re. the 7/7 attacks? I'm sure the Met are more than able to spot a moron, but might remind them of the other conspiratorial BS linked to the truth campaign...

Last edited by jon; 20th November 2007 at 09:28 AM.
jon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 09:36 AM   #31
Kiosk
He Thinks He's People

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Wow. I thought I could no longer be surprised by Galloway's personal hypocrisy and rank opportunism. You live and learn.

I sat and listened to a three-hour show of his not too long ago, simply because it was twoof-themed - his guest was a prominent blogger who pulled apart the CTs with admirable precision while Gorgeous George rumbled on about idiots who couldn't face reality and were distracting from the real struggle against neo-conservatism, etc. As soon as everyone's back is turned, he's hob-nobbing with Mr "did I say rumble? I meant POW!"

Typical GG - his left hand drawing back while his right hand advances. To think I have friends who can't understand my objections to this slippery, pompous, dishonest old sod.

Quote:
It's a fantastic thing. William Rodriguez, you're a great man. [Shakes his hand] You're a survivor. From one survivor to another, let me wish you great success in your campaign to establish the truth about 9/11. And look after that key. That key of hope. We all need that key of hope in life. This is George Galloway. This is the Real Deal.
ROFLCOPTER

Anyway, if DA is supposed to be on the Whale show tonight, someone had better tell him. His schedule says it's tomorrow. He's busy lecturing cops today.
Many of the medical profession are sceptical about my work. They point to my record of treatment of athlete's foot sufferers - 84 dead, 65 severely wounded, and 12 missing believed cured. But then, people laughed at Bob Hope. People laughed at my wife when she wrapped herself up in greaseproof paper and hopped into the Social Security office - but that doesn't mean that Pasteur was wrong.
Kiosk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 01:33 PM   #32
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

So, how is Dylan paying for this trip? Who wants to bet that the costs of this trip are being "writen" off as marketing for LC:FC?
Old 20th November 2007, 01:50 PM   #33
geni

Originally Posted by Alferd_Packer View Post
So, how is Dylan paying for this trip? Who wants to bet that the costs of this trip are being "writen" off as marketing for LC:FC?
Since there does appear to be a cinema release deal in the UK that is not unreasonable.
Old 20th November 2007, 01:59 PM   #34
Furi
Felix Sapiens

is anyone going to bother listen to it online, (I stopped listening to Whale when I was still in secondary school).

http://www2.talksport.net/ launches a cruddy javawindow, and has ******** adverts all over the damn thing,

not sure if these have an international agreement.

edit, I wonder if Manfo Kwaku sentancing will be brought up, I also bet a new conpiracy regarding the loss of the DWP records to emerge within the next 10 hours. (seeing as I have access to every school childs record exam results Address free school meal and method of travel to school, the DWP Snafu is bizarre)

Last edited by Furi; 20th November 2007 at 02:10 PM. Reason: after thought, and not worth a new thread I think
Old 20th November 2007, 03:36 PM   #35
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Kwaku? I always thought it was Asiedu.

Regardless, it's a pretty open and shut case.

Suicide Note: Check.

Explosives: Check

In the act of detonating explosives: Check

No escape plans: Check

Manfo admitting it: Check
Old 20th November 2007, 04:11 PM   #36
Furi
Felix Sapiens

oops it is Asiedu, as I can never spell his name, it was a small error of word wrap, when copying it over,

Dyldo is on the air tomorrow at 2300 GMT on talk sprot, have just had to listen to a typical Whaley rant to find that bit out.

and yup the loss of personal info did make up quite a lot of it.

Last edited by Furi; 20th November 2007 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Hydroxyls messin wiv me noggin
Old 20th November 2007, 04:11 PM   #37
walthrup48

Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Whale's show must be on after the commentary as he's just confirmed the 9/11 special will be tomorrow (Wed).
walthrup48 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2007, 05:33 PM   #38
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
To any British Twoofers reading this: LC:FC is up on Google Video. Save your pounds and watch it free!
Old 20th November 2007, 06:07 PM   #39
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Originally Posted by Good Lt View Post
I wonder if he rang them up and said, "I have some information about who did 9/11... but I have to see you in person"
Old 20th November 2007, 07:35 PM   #40
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
To any British Twoofers reading this: LC:FC is up on Google Video. Save your pounds and watch it free!
Whale's show has a call-in portion, doesn't it?

Could UKDave or Undesire Walrus call-in this little tidbit, PLEASE!!!!!?????

Hit him where he cares - in the wallet! (I'm sure the distribution company who bought the rights for the UK will be real pleased, too! )

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories