International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Marjorie Taylor Greene thread. (https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347945)

JoeMorgue 29th April 2022 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13794423)
Don't engage with complete idiots. They just beat you with their experience.

That advice stops making sense when the idiots are in goddamn Congress.

bruto 29th April 2022 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13794703)
Old crazy librul is persecuting her!!! :rolleyes:

"I don't remember what I said and I don't know if I said this but I know I said it this way!" She's been taking logic lessons from Guiliani, I think.

CORed 29th April 2022 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13794256)
Greene taking heat from many concervatives about her "Satan Controls The Cathlic Church" remark.
her attempts to clarify the issue just made things worse, as usual. She dragged in the pedophile scandle ( for which the Chruch deserves all the heat it gets) as a distraction.
Isuspect she is trying to win points with Fundie Protestents,for whom hatred of the Catholic Church goes back a long,long,time.
This is a huge headache for the GOP leadership, now that Green has managted to alienate a large group of Republicans.
But she is convinced that "No Popery Here" is to her political asvantage.

Well at least in this case, (some of) the people she's accusing of being pedophiles actually are. I guess if you accuse everybody and their dog of being a pedophile, eventually you will be right by accident.

CORed 29th April 2022 11:56 AM

As a Colorado resident, I want to thank Marjorie Taylor Greene for edging out Lauren Boebert as the worst member of Congress (Boebert represents my state but not my district). Of course, Boebert is more than capable of taking the "prize" back.

Galaxie 29th April 2022 12:37 PM

Supposedly Greene and Boebert have not been on friendly terms lately:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...enges-00023071
Quote:

...the two tangled over Greene’s appearance at a February event organized by a known white nationalist.

Their confrontation grew so heated that at least one onlooker feared the Greene-Boebert back-and-forth might escalate beyond the verbal cage match had another board member not stepped in to de-escalate...
Color me surprised. They seemed like a perfect match.

Carlotta 29th April 2022 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxie (Post 13794857)
Supposedly Greene and Boebert have not been on friendly terms lately:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...enges-00023071


Color me surprised. They seemed like a perfect match.

Nah, only room for one main mean girl!

Stacyhs 29th April 2022 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlotta (Post 13794963)
Nah, only room for one main mean girl!

Attention whores don't like sharing attention.

newyorkguy 29th April 2022 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13794703)
Old crazy librul is persecuting her!!! :rolleyes:

Jim Acosta was harassing her, seriously? This is what harassment looks like. emptyg trying to gain entry to AOC's office to thank her for "killing babies."

AOC meet emptyg

The same day she filmed the above video (which Greene has since deleted) she took her crew to the offices of Reps. Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib. Greene was there to tell the first two Muslim women elected to Congress "they weren't 'official' because they had been sworn in on the Quran.”

Norman Alexander 29th April 2022 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue (Post 13794710)
That advice stops making sense when the idiots are in goddamn Congress.

True. But how did they get there? Someone, somewhere, took their advice, agreed with it, and voted for them.

Unless...of course ;) ...the idiots cheated their way in... Heh, that would be totally awks, finding out that EmptyG or Boebert or Cawthorne were elected as a result of voter fraud. :rolleyes:

gnome 29th April 2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlotta (Post 13794963)
Nah, only room for one main mean girl!

They're having a bitter dispute over whether liberals should be shot, or be dragged through the streets and then shot.

mgidm86 29th April 2022 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newyorkguy (Post 13794990)
Jim Acosta was harassing her, seriously? This is what harassment looks like. emptyg trying to gain entry to AOC's office to thank her for "killing babies."

AOC meet emptyg

The same day she filmed the above video (which Greene has since deleted) she took her crew to the offices of Reps. Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib. Greene was there to tell the first two Muslim women elected to Congress "they weren't 'official' because they had been sworn in on the Quran.”

If I'm not mistaken, one of her crew in that AOC video was in the Capitol building on Jan 6.

Stacyhs 29th April 2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgidm86 (Post 13795024)
If I'm not mistaken, one of her crew in that AOC video was in the Capitol building on Jan 6.

Yeah, but he was only there as a tourist taking a tour.

smartcooky 29th April 2022 08:50 PM

She really is a vile piece of scummy, human garbage isn't she?

mgidm86 29th April 2022 10:05 PM

I just read her Wikipedia page out of curiosity, not all of it but quite a bit. It definitely focuses on her negatives, I mean it is 100% negative (I don't know if she has any positives, but as a skeptic...) and a lot of it was familiar to me. It mentions every little thing I can think of that has been discussed here.

It is disturbing that someone like this even exists. That people like this are admired and voted for is frightening.

Stupid hag Wiki page

"Oooooohhhhh I wish the Lord would take me now"
- Livia Soprano (many many times)

Craig4 29th April 2022 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxie (Post 13794857)
Supposedly Greene and Boebert have not been on friendly terms lately:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...enges-00023071


Color me surprised. They seemed like a perfect match.

Me too. I always figured Matt Pedo Gaetz, Boebert and her pedo husband and MTG and whatever she brought home had group sex during which they all imagined having sex with Donald Trump while they banged each other.

Norman Alexander 29th April 2022 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxie (Post 13794857)
Supposedly Greene and Boebert have not been on friendly terms lately:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...enges-00023071


Color me surprised. They seemed like a perfect match.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlotta (Post 13794963)
Nah, only room for one main mean girl!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13794982)
Attention whores don't like sharing attention.

Two alley cats fighting in a manure sack.

Norman Alexander 29th April 2022 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13795138)
Me too. I always figured Matt Pedo Gaetz, Boebert and her pedo husband and MTG and whatever she brought home had group sex during which they all imagined having sex with Donald Trump while they banged each other.

A little bit of vomit just came up in my mouth...:sour:

smartcooky 30th April 2022 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13795138)
Me too. I always figured Matt Pedo Gaetz, Boebert and her pedo husband and MTG and whatever she brought home had group sex during which they all imagined having sex with Donald Trump while they banged each other.

Thanks for that.

Now there's an image in my head that neither needed nor wanted!

Ladewig 30th April 2022 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxie (Post 13794857)
Supposedly Greene and Boebert have not been on friendly terms lately:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...enges-00023071

Quote:

Their confrontation grew so heated that at least one onlooker feared the Greene-Boebert back-and-forth might escalate beyond the verbal cage match had another board member not stepped in to de-escalate...
Color me surprised. They seemed like a perfect match.

That’s not the word I would have used.

newyorkguy 30th April 2022 03:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
emptyg's war on the Democratic Party continues. She's all amped up against against H.R. 350 the Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2022. (Surprise!) She claims:
Quote:

It creates a prosecution arm in the DOJ to target “domestic terrorism” defined in the code as “activities that involve acts dangerous to human life.” Spreading covid “misinformation” could be considered “dangerous to human life.” Twitter link
She finishes her rant by tweeting:
Quote:

Make no mistake about it. The Democrats are communists and they are playing for keeps.
Previously Greene said Democrats were socialists. Now they've gone from socialists to full-blown communists? The sad thing is, this is nothing more than name-calling. There's nothing behind it. What is she going to tweet next?

Democrats really suck. They are the suckiest. They suck so bad that they...really really SUCK!!! ;)

dudalb 30th April 2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13794423)
Don't engage with complete idiots. They just beat you with their experience.

Or,as Robert Heinlein put it:

'Don't wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty and, beside,s the pig likes it".

dudalb 30th April 2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladewig (Post 13795206)
That’s not the word I would have used.

Of course they don't like each other. They are fighting for the same exact niche.

Stacyhs 30th April 2022 03:36 PM

"Spreading covid “misinformation” could be considered “dangerous to human life.”

Wow. She actually got something right for a change even if accidentally.

shemp 30th April 2022 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newyorkguy (Post 13795484)
emptyg's war on the Democratic Party continues. She's all amped up against against H.R. 350 the Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2022. (Surprise!) She claims:


She finishes her rant by tweeting:


Previously Greene said Democrats were socialists. Now they've gone from socialists to full-blown communists? The sad thing is, this is nothing more than name-calling. There's nothing behind it. What is she going to tweet next?

Democrats really suck. They are the suckiest. They suck so bad that they...really really SUCK!!! ;)

She like that aunt who comes to family gatherings and won't shut her ******* mouth until she's driven everyone away.

Stacyhs 30th April 2022 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13795621)
She like that aunt who comes to family gatherings and won't shut her ******* mouth until she's driven everyone away.

Except when she belongs to a family who is so stupid that they agree with her idiocy. May I introduce her constituents?

newyorkguy 1st May 2022 05:46 AM

Quote:

Marjorie Taylor Greene said: "Make no mistake about it. The Democrats Republicans are communists Nazis and they are playing for keeps."
Fixed that for her. :(

a_unique_person 1st May 2022 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13793576)
I'm thinking there's strong grounds for having her sectioned and removed from society for her own good.

There has been stronger and stronger evidence that her day-to-day thinking is no longer joining up coherently. It's paranoid, and it's schizophrenic. No connections with reality as it is generally understood, and completely afraid of lots of imaginary things "coming to get her". Or in short, she is lunatic babbling.

So are there not services in Georgia who can deal with someone like this? An intervention and a secure detention, surely.

The reason she talks like that is that it is very common and accepted in her social circles.

a_unique_person 2nd May 2022 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxie (Post 13794857)
Supposedly Greene and Boebert have not been on friendly terms lately:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...enges-00023071


Color me surprised. They seemed like a perfect match.

Will it escalate to a shootout?

Stacyhs 2nd May 2022 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_unique_person (Post 13796094)
Will it escalate to a shootout?

In this country? 50-50, I'd say. Colorado Barbie and EmptyG do loves them sum guns!

smartcooky 2nd May 2022 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_unique_person (Post 13796094)
Will it escalate to a shootout?

Lock the pair of them in a paintball combat zone with real guns?

eerok 2nd May 2022 05:38 AM

Thunderdome! Or in this case, Dunderhead Dome.

dudalb 3rd May 2022 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_unique_person (Post 13796094)
Will it escalate to a shootout?

One can hope.

trustbutverify 3rd May 2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13795112)
She really is a vile piece of scummy, human garbage isn't she?

Please hold while I just check that... um... yea.

dudalb 3rd May 2022 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13795112)
She really is a vile piece of scummy, human garbage isn't she?

You forgot the term "idiotic".

newyorkguy 3rd May 2022 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Had to share this one.

Stacyhs 3rd May 2022 07:33 PM

MTG Twitter:

Quote:

Reportedly 1,223 people died during Pfizer’s post authorization adverse events report.

Congress must pass my bill, HR 7308 Justice for Vaccine Victims Act of 2022 to investigate all VAERS Covid vaccine reports & remove liability protections to allow people to seek damages.
https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/15...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Want to be they weren't vaccine related?

Too bad there's no vaccine for stupid.

newyorkguy 4th May 2022 05:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13797595)
MTG Twitter:
Quote:

Reportedly 1,223 people died during Pfizer’s post authorization adverse events report.
Want to be they weren't vaccine related?...

Is Greene stupid or vicious? The other day she tweeted about opposing the Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2022, that would target “activities that involve acts dangerous to human life.” Greene tweeted
Quote:

Spreading covid “misinformation” could be considered “dangerous to human life.”
Here she is doing exactly that. As Fact Check dot org reported:
Quote:

A Pfizer document recently released by the Food and Drug Administration describes adverse events reported following vaccination and attests to the continued safety of the company’s COVID-19 vaccine. A popular video and other online posts, however, incorrectly imply that the vaccine caused the events. Many posts also wrongly assume that a long list of health issues Pfizer is monitoring for occurred and were due to vaccination. Fact Check link
Is Greene right to have some concern? Yes. But she goes way beyond that, ignoring the fact that the adverse effects are NOT linked to the person having been vaccinated. That fact is not hard to comprehend. By refusing to acknowledge that simple fact she crosses the line from concern to deliberately spreading misinformation. Greene is ignoring it for political purposes and her willful ignorance is exactly why she was kicked off Twitter. Ignoring the dangers associated with that kind of misinformation is really despicable.

She introduced her bill, HR 7308 Justice for Vaccine Victims Act of 2022, in late March. Despite the wording in the bill's title it would merely "direct the Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services to investigate and report on the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System." The bill is based on a lie and has gone nowhere. In late April she finally found a co-sponsor.

Louie Gohmert.

Stacyhs 4th May 2022 06:01 PM

I suspect MTG merely repeats what she reads in cherry-picked, taken out of context, right wing and/or anti-vaccine sites or what she's told by people who read those sites. She's not bright enough to do her own research or honest enough to care about being accurate. She's a new type of GOP Congressmember: the Troll. Boebert and Cawthorne belong in that category as well.

Norman Alexander 4th May 2022 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13798502)
I suspect MTG merely repeats what she reads in cherry-picked, taken out of context, right wing and/or anti-vaccine sites or what she's told by people who read those sites. She's not bright enough to do her own research or honest enough to care about being accurate. She's a new type of GOP Congressmember: the Troll. Boebert and Cawthorne belong in that category as well.

There's your mistake. Don't assume she reads anything. She calls looking at the mean pictures on right-wing meme sites "doing her own research".

newyorkguy 7th May 2022 05:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The final decision is still up to Georgia's Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (who is a Republican), but Georgia Administrative Law Judge, Charles Beaudrot, who heard the challenge has ruled for emptyg. Beaudrot found the challengers to Greene remaining on the ballot had failed to prove their allegation -- Greene engaged in insurrection or gave aid to those who did -- by a preponderance of evidence. But we knew it wasn't going to be that easy, right?

Still, I think she's both an idiot and dangerous, and I believe she has been damaged politically by the hearing, the publicity and, especially, the optics when she was on the stand. Engaging in what New York City police refer to as 'testilying."

slyjoe 7th May 2022 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newyorkguy (Post 13800274)
The final decision is still up to Georgia's Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (who is a Republican), but Georgia Administrative Law Judge, Charles Beaudrot, who heard the challenge has ruled for emptyg. Beaudrot found the challengers to Greene remaining on the ballot had failed to prove their allegation -- Greene engaged in insurrection or gave aid to those who did -- by a preponderance of evidence. But we knew it wasn't going to be that easy, right?

Still, I think she's both an idiot and dangerous, and I believe she has been damaged politically by the hearing, the publicity and, especially, the optics when she was on the stand. Engaging in what New York City police refer to as 'testilying."

Nobody will remember that. The only thing they will remember will fit on a bumper sticker:

"MTG Won"

RecoveringYuppy 7th May 2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newyorkguy (Post 13800274)
The final decision is still up to Georgia's Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (who is a Republican), but Georgia Administrative Law Judge, Charles Beaudrot, who heard the challenge has ruled for emptyg.

He already decided in favor of MTG:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...llot-rcna27721

Ladewig 7th May 2022 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyjoe (Post 13800345)
Nobody will remember that. The only thing they will remember will fit on a bumper sticker:

"MTG Won"

And of course, no one will understand that the decision was that not enough evidence was presented to prove the allegation. She will claim that she has been proven completely innocent.

Stacyhs 7th May 2022 07:56 PM

So...........is anyone surprised by this? If so, I have some beachfront property in AZ for sale real cheap. Contact me at : 1- 800 -Gul- ibal.

bruto 7th May 2022 09:52 PM

I see the ever creative MTG has also now come out with the allegation that the Catholic Church is controlled by Satan. Not that that will stop them all from joining hands while they shout curses at the teenagers at the clinics.

But it is rather funny in a horrible sort of way to watch her demand that they apologize for demanding that she apologize.

Stacyhs 8th May 2022 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruto (Post 13800687)
I see the ever creative MTG has also now come out with the allegation that the Catholic Church is controlled by Satan. Not that that will stop them all from joining hands while they shout curses at the teenagers at the clinics.

But it is rather funny in a horrible sort of way to watch her demand that they apologize for demanding that she apologize.

MTG almost makes me believe there is a Satan. It would certainly explain a few things.

Lennart Hyland 8th May 2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy (Post 13800412)
He already decided in favor of MTG:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...llot-rcna27721

It might be a good thing. She would have been a "fine" piece of martyr....

Norman Alexander 8th May 2022 08:11 PM

I'm sure there will be PLENTY of Georgians who will think "Yep, that's who I want as my representative in government fighting for me! Someone who forgets a whole lot of stuff and lies egregiously on the stand in court."

RecoveringYuppy 8th May 2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13801201)
I'm sure there will be PLENTY of Georgians who will think "Yep, that's who I want as my representative in government fighting for me! Someone who forgets a whole lot of stuff and lies egregiously on the stand in court."

We'll know soon. The primary is two weeks from Tuesday.

Regnad Kcin 8th May 2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13801201)
I'm sure there will be PLENTY of Georgians who will think "Yep, that's who I want as my representative in government fighting for me! Someone who forgets a whole lot of stuff and lies egregiously on the stand in court."

If the libs hate you, you’re the one they want fighting for them. Little else matters.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-24, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.