IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th February 2024, 09:51 AM   #161
Gulliver Foyle
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Trump has. They have. And you haven't.
For people like mike griffith, no amount of evidence is required to prove them right and no amount of evidence is sufficient to prove them wrong. You're not going to convinve him he's wrong because his whole being depends on his seeing his worldview as 100% right.
Old 25th February 2024, 12:03 PM   #162
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle View Post
For people like mike griffith, no amount of evidence is required to prove them right and no amount of evidence is sufficient to prove them wrong. You're not going to convinve him he's wrong because his whole being depends on his seeing his worldview as 100% right.
Indeed. Such people have to wallow in their ignorance as a necessary way to avoid reality.
Old 25th February 2024, 12:07 PM   #163
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Indeed. Such people have to wallow in their ignorance as a necessary way to avoid reality.
Rather a lot like my idiot BIL whose entire line of argument was, "Don't bother answering, I already know what you're going to say!", and then repeating that as loud as possible when I foolishly attempted answering anyway.
Old 25th February 2024, 03:04 PM   #164
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Rather a lot like my idiot BIL whose entire line of argument was, "Don't bother answering, I already know what you're going to say!", and then repeating that as loud as possible when I foolishly attempted answering anyway.
“Oh, like, do you think Donald Trump is some narcissistic and dangerously senile rapist who wants to overthrow democracy and has literally no principles and ought to be in jail or something. Don’t bother answering that. I already know what you’re gonna say!”
Old 25th February 2024, 04:41 PM   #165
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
There's no need for Democrats to consider replacing Biden as their chosen Presidential candidate. Certainly with age Biden has a few mobility issues, but if his mental state is not in age related decline, he will certainly prove his worth during the upcoming Presidential debates.
Judging from his posting history, one might suspect this statement of being a prediction of Biden's defeat, but on its face I hope it is true, and that, if Trump actually dares to debate, Biden proves him as unfit and badly informed as many believe him to be

A pedant is a man who studies a vacuum through instruments that allow him to draw cross-sections of the details (John Ciardi)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2024, 04:42 PM   #166
dirtywick
Philosopher

maybe trump will bring his wife mercedes
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2024, 05:05 PM   #167
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
maybe trump will bring his wife mercedes
His campaign and surrogates claim he was referring to Mercedes Schlapp, the wife of CPAC organizer Michael Schlapp. But if you listen to the video, it's pretty clear he wasn't as it really makes no sense in context. They really do know Trump's base: stupid and gullible.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2024, 05:12 PM   #168
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
His campaign and surrogates claim he was referring to Mercedes Schlapp, the wife of CPAC organizer Michael Schlapp. But if you listen to the video, it's pretty clear he wasn't as it really makes no sense in context. They really do know Trump's base: stupid and gullible.
At least that explains where the hell the name even came from. Mercedes is an Hispanic name. Is she an immigrant? Curious minds want to know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes_Schlapp

She worked in the Trump admin.

From Wiki:
Quote:
Schlapp is a first-generation Cuban-American born in Florida,

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 25th February 2024 at 05:16 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2024, 05:16 PM   #169
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

The thing is, Trump, like him or not, is obviously an idiot. A deliberate idiot. He ***** up facts multiple times a day, so it's too much to keep track of. Biden has been known for verbal gaffes since I was a kid. but they're more noticeable because he's an intelligent person.
Old 25th February 2024, 06:13 PM   #170
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Here's the deal: Whatever cognitive issues Biden may or not exhibit, Trump has exhibited these issues in spades. Additionally, he is also a demonstrated fraud, a sexual abuser -- or rapist according to the judge -- an serial liar, a narcissist, a philanderer and clearly ignorant of science and history.

Also too, a thoroughly piss-poor president, as recently noted by historians, and clearly unfit for the office.

Fortunately for him, he is just a tad more intelligent than his cult members, or perhaps they are just as much amorally cynical as he.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2024, 06:35 PM   #171
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Here's the deal: Whatever cognitive issues Biden may or not exhibit, Trump has exhibited these issues in spades. Additionally, he is also a demonstrated fraud, a sexual abuser -- or rapist according to the judge -- an serial liar, a narcissist, a philanderer and clearly ignorant of science and history.

Also too, a thoroughly piss-poor president, as recently noted by historians, and clearly unfit for the office.

Fortunately for him, he is just a tad more intelligent than his cult members, or perhaps they are just as much amorally cynical as he.
Well put.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2024, 06:56 PM   #172
whoanellie
Graduate Poster

It's actually Matt Schlapp. He has been accused of sexual assault by a male staffer for the Herschel Walker campaign and others.
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2024, 07:12 PM   #173
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
It's actually Matt Schlapp. He has been accused of sexual assault by a male staffer for the Herschel Walker campaign and others.
I've got too many "Michaels" in my life. Used to be "Bobs" but most of them have died!

Either way, I'd like schlapp the crap out of Trump.
Old 25th February 2024, 09:12 PM   #174
angrysoba
Philosophile

That latest where Trump calls his wife Mercedes is almost too perfect. This comedian has been making fun of Trump not knowing his wife's name for a while...

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 26th February 2024, 12:53 AM   #175
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

During his opening remarks of the CPAC speech, President Trump recognized Matt and Mercedes Schlapp who were located in the audience for their efforts and hard work with the ACU. Matt and Mercedes Schlapp were located in the audience just to the center left of President Trump. This is important to remember as later Trump addressed Mercedes for something she did when he spoke fondly of the former First Lady. There is a current misinformation campaign claiming that President Trump confused his wife Melania with Mercedes Schlapp. This is a false claim.

After the speech, Mercedes Schlapp called reports on the gaffe “Fake News at its finest.”
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2024, 01:10 AM   #176
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Explain the logic underlying that conclusion.
That's easy. I agree that President Biden is the best Democrat party choice for the coming November 2024 election. There has been some talk about possible replacements but I think that would be a mistake. In essence, I'm agreeing with those that support President Biden as their candidate. To start a new conversation or debate about Trump's performance in the primaries based on my observation seems somewhat argumentative where none need exist.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2024, 01:19 AM   #177
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
... This is a false claim.... “Fake News at its finest.”
Nah. Alex Jones has already taken that prize, unless you consider Fox News' loss for lying, or Mike Lindell's, or that of any Trump lawyer. Giuliani's guilty judgement is another nail in the coffin of Whine Boy honor. For dishing dirt and bearing false witness, good ole boys have no equal. All end up having to pay for it and then slink out the backdoor, only to slander again.

No evidence for "the steal" anywhere to be found, but ole Donnie boy keeping lying. Like a dog. Too much of a coward to face factual reality, though that can be said about nigh on half of the American population, so not a distinguishing feature on the incendiary GOP hellscape the world is witnessing.

Honor is not a word in the Redcoat lexicon, having lost all meaning long, long, long ago.
Old 26th February 2024, 02:57 AM   #178
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

So pathetically predictable:

1) Linked video shows Trump clearly saying, "Mercedes",
2) Campaign claims he was not referring to Melania but to another woman, even though that makes no sense in the context of what he was saying,
3) Trump cultists claim it's "Fake News".
Old 28th February 2024, 12:44 AM   #179
Gulliver Foyle
Illuminator

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Judging from his posting history, one might suspect this statement of being a prediction of Biden's defeat, but on its face I hope it is true, and that, if Trump actually dares to debate, Biden proves him as unfit and badly informed as many believe him to be
T****y won't debate, he's too much of a coward. He refused to debate the other repugs not because it wasn't needed but because he was too afraid that Christie, Haley and (strangely) de Santis would hand him his rear end in them.

A man of T****y's ego would refuse to skip such a public venue if he were confident of winning in it.
Old 29th February 2024, 05:52 PM   #180
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trumpelstiltskin on Truth Social:
Quote:
"Crooked Joe Biden must take a Cognitive Test. Maybe that way we would be able to find out why he makes such terrible decisions. I took two of them, and ACED them both (no mistakes!). All Presidents, or people wanting to become President, should mandatorily take this test!"
Mercedes Trump! Nikki Pelosi! Joe Obama! Viktor Orbán of Turkey! Hummus!

Trump makes far more serious gaffes than Biden. At least Biden has never claimed our Revolutionary soldiers "took over the airports and rammed the rampart", claimed windmill noise causes cancer, that Trump could time travel and "plunge us into WW2", or claimed he and an enemy of the US are "in love".
Old 1st March 2024, 03:55 AM   #181
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trumpelstiltskin on Truth Social:

Mercedes Trump! Nikki Pelosi! Joe Obama! Viktor Orbán of Turkey! Hummus!

Trump makes far more serious gaffes than Biden. At least Biden has never claimed our Revolutionary soldiers "took over the airports and rammed the rampart", claimed windmill noise causes cancer, that Trump could time travel and "plunge us into WW2", or claimed he and an enemy of the US are "in love".
Are you sure? Joe Rogan was certain that he did, and therefore should be sent to a mental hospital.
Old 1st March 2024, 04:08 AM   #182
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Are you sure? Joe Rogan was certain that he did, and therefore should be sent to a mental hospital.
Joe Rogan, eh?

Must be /thread, then.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2024, 12:54 PM   #183
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I don't know what you're referring to.
Old 1st March 2024, 04:46 PM   #184
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

I don't know what you're referring to.
https://variety.com/2023/digital/new...235849684/amp/

It’s one of the funnier of Rogan’s many embarrassing face-plants.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2024, 05:16 PM   #185
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
https://variety.com/2023/digital/new...235849684/amp/

It’s one of the funnier of Rogan’s many embarrassing face-plants.
Thanks. Talk about getting egg on his face! But Nickel was right when he said,
"Yeah, what the hell? It’s crazy,” and Rogan responded, “If you had any other job, and you were talking like that, they would go, ‘Hey, you’re done.'”

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics