IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 8th November 2023, 05:47 PM   #201
Dr.Sid
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Olomouc, Czech Republic
Posts: 4,732
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
Most links suggest that the Arabs, Edomites, Moabites, Philistines, Phoenicians, Hebrews, are all descended from the ancient Canaanites. So the Jews and Arabs are brothers!!

Aren't they ? It would certainly explain the animosity ..
Dr.Sid is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2023, 06:31 PM   #202
webfusion
Philosopher
 
webfusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,729
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
Talk is cheap. Hundreds of Palestinians killed in the West Bank. At least 8 murdered by Settler-Colonizers. No arrests.
The number of dead is irrelevant. Those raw statistics do not breakdown the difference between combatants and non-combatants. Palestinian-issued figures never do.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/05/middl...ntl/index.html

"Two Israelis have been arrested..." is the headline.

In the body of the story -- The IDF said in a statement that they arrived after reports of “violent clashes between Israeli civilians and Palestinians,” and that “it was reported that during these clashes, Israeli civilians shot toward the Palestinians and as a result, there was a Palestinian casualty."

Apparently, dozens of Palestinians attacked their Jewish neighbors with clubs, fireworks and rocks.
One of the settlers was hit in the head with a rock “at point blank range and was seriously injured,” according to Honenu, and he managed to defend himself with a licensed gun he was carrying.
webfusion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2023, 07:01 PM   #203
Hercules56
Philosopher
 
Hercules56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,508
Originally Posted by webfusion View Post
The number of dead is irrelevant. Those raw statistics do not breakdown the difference between combatants and non-combatants. Palestinian-issued figures never do....
Especially when the number of dead killed by your side FAR outweighs the number of dead killed by your enemy.
__________________
"The only thing Zionists fear more than war, is peace"
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2023, 07:07 PM   #204
webfusion
Philosopher
 
webfusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,729
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
Especially when the number of dead killed by your side FAR outweighs the number of dead killed by your enemy.
No comparison.

This is not a football game.

Do you know how many of the reported dead were combatants and who was collateral to them being targeted and killed?
Yes? No? Maybe?
webfusion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2023, 07:34 PM   #205
Leumas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
are all descended from the ancient Canaanites...

Thanks for admitting that the Canaanites have not gone extinct since before the Romans invaded Judea... finally!!!


Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
... So the Jews and Arabs are brothers!!

All humanity are "brothers"...

However, you are still under the irrefragably mistaken impression that Jews are a race... they are not.

Judaism is a RELIGION just like Christianity and Islam...

Saying Ukrainian Jews are descended from Canaanites is like saying Christians are descended from Canaanites and thus Filipino Christians are descended from Canaanites too.

Try to guess which of the boys below is descended from Canaanites?



These people are all Jewish... which ones do you think are descended from Canaanites???







Moreover, anthropology and sociology and archaeology and HISTORY inform us that humanity has mingled and intermingled and raped and pillaged throughout space and time and there is no such thing as ONE PURE RACE.

Such claptrap mythologies are only in the Bible and in Nazi writings... and other such supremacists' myths to justify their racism and xenophobia and hate and oppression and aggression.

For Example you insisting on mentioning the "arabs"... do you have any idea whom the contemporary arabs are more genetically related to?

Persians and Indians and Africans....
Quote:
Previous analyses of the populations of the Arabian Peninsula have found three distinct clusters that reflect primary ancestry: Q1 (Bedouin); Q2 (Persian-South Asian); and Q3 (African)...

Do you know how much raping and intermarrying and whore purchasing and slave impregnations did the conquering armies of the Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Franks, Turks and the British and French have done to the Levant region?

Whom do you think these three PALESTINIAN children are more related to... Persians and Indians of the Arabian Peninsula or Romans and Visigoths of the Italian peninsula? By the way the girl with the fist was JAILED FOR 8 MONTHS by the Israelis.

Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2023, 07:40 PM   #206
Leumas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
Talk is cheap. Hundreds of Palestinians killed in the West Bank. At least 8 murdered by Settler-Colonizers. No arrests.



I am happy to see you dropped the "Arabs" epithet... THANKS!!!
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2023, 07:53 PM   #207
webfusion
Philosopher
 
webfusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,729
By the way, the girl shown with the threatening fist is back in jail today. (she is 22 now)

I remember reading that she's part of a family who arrived here from the Caucasus (Bosnia) region.
Her mother's family migrated to Ottoman Palestine in the 19th Century, together with other Muslim Balkan, Cherkesi, and various peoples, incentivized by the Ottoman Empire to move in order to boost the sparse, dwindled population.
webfusion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2023, 08:29 PM   #208
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing
 
Ziggurat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 56,238
Originally Posted by webfusion View Post
By the way, the girl shown with the threatening fist is back in jail today. (she is 22 now)
Always interesting to see when people use old childhood photos of perps rather than current ones to try to make them seem innocent. This woman (not girl) was issuing violent threats and encouraging murder. She's getting off lightly.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/1...skulls-threat/
__________________
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2023, 08:38 PM   #209
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery
 
lionking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 54,714
Originally Posted by webfusion View Post
By the way, the girl shown with the threatening fist is back in jail today. (she is 22 now)

I remember reading that she's part of a family who arrived here from the Caucasus (Bosnia) region.
Her mother's family migrated to Ottoman Palestine in the 19th Century, together with other Muslim Balkan, Cherkesi, and various peoples, incentivized by the Ottoman Empire to move in order to boost the sparse, dwindled population.
More dishonesty from the pro-Palestine crowd.
__________________
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2023, 09:42 PM   #210
webfusion
Philosopher
 
webfusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,729
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
More dishonesty from the pro-Palestine crowd.
Fort Worth, Texas
Town council meeting, Anti-Israel protestors stand up and raise their 'bloody' hands.
The first thing it reminded me of is the brutal incident in 2000, Ramallah, the famous picture after the lynch of some Jews who had taken a wrong turn and drove into the town accidentally.
It's on WIKI, I won't provide a link to the photo, it's too disgusting to revisit that infamous image.

And here we have people who don't even realize they will be associated with Aziz Salha and his ilk.
Oh, the irony.

Dishonesty is the hallmark of HAMAS supporters in this war.
There's growing list of their perfidy.
webfusion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 12:04 AM   #211
Leumas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
Always interesting to see when people use old childhood photos of perps rather than current ones to try to make them seem innocent.

She was a child in that photo WHEN IT WAS TAKEN and was innocent... or is it only Zionist settler Colonialists' Children are innocent... and Palestinian Children are potential criminals in the future?

But you seem to have forgotten that I used that picture as a stark and irrefutable demonstration of how Palestinians are not "arabs" and not for arguing whether she is innocent as a child and deserves 8 months in jail.


Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
...

Do you know how much raping and intermarrying and whore purchasing and slave impregnations did the conquering armies of the Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Franks, Turks and the British and French have done to the Levant region?

Whom do you think these three PALESTINIAN children are more related to... Persians and Indians of the Arabian Peninsula or Romans and Visigoths of the Italian peninsula? By the way the girl with the fist was JAILED FOR 8 MONTHS by the Israelis.


Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
This woman (not girl) was issuing violent threats and encouraging murder.

Unlike Netanyahu who is issuing ACTUAL violence and genocide and ethnic cleansing ... not just threats


Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
She's getting off lightly.

Unlike Netanyahu who is not getting anything at all let alone "lightly".


But... let me see if I got you right.... you think a CHILD getting 8 months in prison is fair for when she was a CHILD?

The CHILD she was is not innocent because the occupying Zionist Settler Colonialists decreed her as a 22 years old woman to be a criminal because she is resisting the stealing of her home essence?

So the CHILD is not innocent if she grows up to be a resister of oppression and occupation and ethnic cleansing and genocide on her people after having spent EIGHT MONTHS IN JAIL AS A CHILD?
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 12:15 AM   #212
Leumas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
More dishonesty from the pro-Palestine crowd.

Nope... the dishonesty and lies are from the crowd who are pro Zionism... which is in and of itself a perfidious lie in the first place.


But just so that you know... I am not pro Palestine.... on the contrary... I am in fact pro Israel but not as a murderous racist apartheid terrorist state.

I am pro Israel conquering the entire region from Syria to the Emirates and Arabia.

From the Euphrates to the Nile.

Seriously... it is my strongest wish that this would happen.

But murdering Zionist racists and terrorists and supremacists have rendered this dream of mine impossible to hope for.... sad.

And of course my wish is not that when they do conquer the miserable pathetic morons filled region, that they would make Bantustans and Ghettos and Pogroms and start to ethnically cleanse the area to house Ukrainians and Russians and Indians and Africans and Chinese and French and British and American citizens.

It is my hope that Israel would be a beacon for how a SECULAR multi-cultural multi-ethnic state could be achieved with justice and equity and happiness for all its citizens no matter what imaginary sky daddies they prefer to delude their brains with... just like the USA hoped and wished it would be before it was also infested with Zionists and Christians and vitiated fully.

But those are now impossible dreams replaced by realizations that bastards will always win over the dreamers.

ETA: the only dream left for me now... is that some Zionist maniac would succeed in razing the Dome of the claptrap to rubble.... I hope with all my wishes upon all the stars that I will see this happen before I die.... and that some rich Zionists would finally build the mythical temple... and maybe then all the imbeciles in this world will get to comprehend what a hideous lie are these trio of religions of worshiping the imaginary sky daddy of a mythical Sumerian peripatetic pimp.

ETAA: And I love the name Israel (the one who defeated god) for a state that will finally help prove YHWH (a.k.a. Jesus a.k.a. Allah) to be nothing but wretched and turpitudinous perfidy.

Last edited by Leumas; 9th November 2023 at 12:38 AM.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 12:23 AM   #213
Leumas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by webfusion View Post
I remember reading that she's part of a family who arrived here from the Caucasus (Bosnia) region.
Her mother's family migrated to Ottoman Palestine in the 19th Century, together with other Muslim Balkan, Cherkesi, and various peoples, incentivized by the Ottoman Empire to move in order to boost the sparse, dwindled population.

Thanks yet again for helping me prove that Palestinians are not "arabs"...


Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
...
All humanity are "brothers"...
....
Moreover, anthropology and sociology and archaeology and HISTORY inform us that humanity has mingled and intermingled and raped and pillaged throughout space and time and there is no such thing as ONE PURE RACE.

Such claptrap mythologies are only in the Bible and in Nazi writings... and other such supremacists' myths to justify their racism and xenophobia and hate and oppression and aggression.

....

Do you know how much raping and intermarrying and whore purchasing and slave impregnations did the conquering armies of the Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Franks, Turks and the British and French have done to the Levant region?

Whom do you think these three PALESTINIAN children are more related to... Persians and Indians of the Arabian Peninsula or Romans and Visigoths of the Italian peninsula? By the way the girl with the fist was JAILED FOR 8 MONTHS by the Israelis.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 01:11 AM   #214
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery
 
lionking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 54,714
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
Nope... the dishonesty and lies are from the crowd who are pro Zionism... which is in and of itself a perfidious lie in the first place.


But just so that you know... I am not pro Palestine.... on the contrary... I am in fact pro Israel but not as a murderous racist apartheid terrorist state.

I am pro Israel conquering the entire region from Syria to the Emirates and Arabia.

From the Euphrates to the Nile.

Seriously... it is my strongest wish that this would happen.

But murdering Zionist racists and terrorists and supremacists have rendered this dream of mine impossible to hope for.... sad.

And of course my wish is not that when they do conquer the miserable pathetic morons filled region, that they would make Bantustans and Ghettos and Pogroms and start to ethnically cleanse the area to house Ukrainians and Russians and Indians and Africans and Chinese and French and British and American citizens.

It is my hope that Israel would be a beacon for how a SECULAR multi-cultural multi-ethnic state could be achieved with justice and equity and happiness for all its citizens no matter what imaginary sky daddies they prefer to delude their brains with... just like the USA hoped and wished it would be before it was also infested with Zionists and Christians and vitiated fully.

But those are now impossible dreams replaced by realizations that bastards will always win over the dreamers.

ETA: the only dream left for me now... is that some Zionist maniac would succeed in razing the Dome of the claptrap to rubble.... I hope with all my wishes upon all the stars that I will see this happen before I die.... and that some rich Zionists would finally build the mythical temple... and maybe then all the imbeciles in this world will get to comprehend what a hideous lie are these trio of religions of worshiping the imaginary sky daddy of a mythical Sumerian peripatetic pimp.

ETAA: And I love the name Israel (the one who defeated god) for a state that will finally help prove YHWH (a.k.a. Jesus a.k.a. Allah) to be nothing but wretched and turpitudinous perfidy.
I don’t know what is worse, harbouring such delusional ideas, or wishing so ardently that they will result in such bloodshed. If what you are posting is true, you must hate the majority (or large minority, let’s not quibble) of the world’s population which don’t share your beliefs. That’s sad.
__________________
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 01:37 AM   #215
Leumas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I don’t know what is worse, harbouring such delusional ideas,

That is not I... but it is almost all of the Zionists whether the ones who worship the sky daddy or his ill begotten son.


Originally Posted by lionking View Post
or wishing so ardently that they will result in such bloodshed.

Yes... you are describing exactly the Zionists whether they worship the imaginary friend of a mythical Sumerian Pimp or his Zombified ill begotten son.


Originally Posted by lionking View Post
If what you are posting is true, you must hate the majority (or large minority, let’s not quibble) of the world’s population

Just the ones who are Zionists.


Originally Posted by lionking View Post
which don’t share your beliefs.

Nope... not because they do not share the beliefs that I do no hold... it is because these demented Zionists share between them an INSANE belief in the sky daddy of a peripatetic Sumerian pimp and his ill begotten son.... and are deliberately trying to end humanity.


Originally Posted by lionking View Post
That’s sad.

Indeed.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 02:55 AM   #216
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery
 
lionking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 54,714
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
That is not I... but it is almost all of the Zionists whether the ones who worship the sky daddy or his ill begotten son.





Yes... you are describing exactly the Zionists whether they worship the imaginary friend of a mythical Sumerian Pimp or his Zombified ill begotten son.





Just the ones who are Zionists.





Nope... not because they do not share the beliefs that I do no hold... it is because these demented Zionists share between them an INSANE belief in the sky daddy of a peripatetic Sumerian pimp and his ill begotten son.... and are deliberately trying to end humanity.





Indeed.
Irrational, completely irrational.
__________________
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 03:58 AM   #217
Leumas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Irrational, completely irrational.

All Zionists are indeed completely irrational... I agree.

Had any idiotic Zionist actually ever read the detestable pile of steaming claptrap called the Tanakh... even if every word of it were taken to be not arrant perfidy... they would have found out that the very Tanakh itself makes a full mockery of Zionism.

So those cretinous Zionists who think the Tanakh is their title deed and warrant for the CRIMES they commit... are in fact brandishing the very book that proves Zionism to be an arrantly abject lie.

So it is not just REALITY and FACTS that prove Zionism to be a hideous insane crime.... but rather the book of fairy tales and other atrocities from which they cluelessly think that they devised the warrant for their egregiously anti-human beliefs and notions.... is in fact the very book that proves them to be imbeciles who cannot read let alone understand what they are reading.... because the book in fact proves Zionism nothing but a pathetic and criminal lack of ability to read.

Last edited by Leumas; 9th November 2023 at 04:05 AM.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 04:18 AM   #218
Nessie
Penultimate Amazing
 
Nessie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15,705
https://twitter.com/markcurtis30/sta...42822455185705

"80% of MPs back Israel's war on Gaza. 76% of the public want a ceasefire."

That split is explained by those in power, who in a war, would not have to do the dying, want war. Those not in power, who would do the dying, want a ceasefire.
__________________
Audiophile/biker/sceptic
Nessie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 04:19 AM   #219
Leumas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by webfusion View Post
And here we have people who don't even realize they will be associated with Aziz Salha and his ilk.
Oh, the irony....

Whoever that is I am assuming he is a Hamas terrorist... no?

So the irony stands also on the ones who support Israel... because they do not know that they are on the side of Zionism the most egregious criminal lack of ability to read and comprehend the Tanakh which the Zionists use as a warrant for their genocide and ethnic cleansing and apartheid and colonialism and oppression... when in fact it is the warrant for their arrest and indictment if only the Zionist supporters could read the pile of steaming claptrap.



Originally Posted by webfusion View Post
Dishonesty is the hallmark of HAMAS supporters in this war.
There's growing list of their perfidy.

The dishonesty is that of the Zionists like Netanyahu and his war crimes and the crimes of the other war criminals and terrorists who founded his political terrorist organization and their inability to read the Tanakh which they quote at all occasions and venues as a warrant for their crimes when in fact it would be a warrant that would let them rot in jail for their crimes if not be outright hung for them.

Zionism is not just a perfidy... it is a risible and tragic testament to imbeciles who cannot even read let alone comprehend what they are reading because they are too addled in the brain with zealotry and self-righteous imbecility.

Last edited by Leumas; 9th November 2023 at 05:16 AM.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 04:36 AM   #220
Leumas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by Nessie View Post
... those in power, who in a war, would not have to do the dying, want war....

Also because it will enrich them and enable them to buy even more power from the venal whores in the brothels of power under them who make the laws and execute them in order to hoodwink those whom they will send to kill and die and make more money for those whores and their customers.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 05:18 AM   #221
Nessie
Penultimate Amazing
 
Nessie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15,705
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
Also because it will enrich them and enable them to buy even more power from the venal whores in the brothels of power under them who make the laws and execute them in order to hoodwink those whom they will send to kill and die and make more money for those whores and their customers.
Israel buys a lot of weapons. Countries who sell them don't want to lose that trade. Those county's governments are less likely to be critical.
__________________
Audiophile/biker/sceptic
Nessie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 05:36 AM   #222
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing
 
Ziggurat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 56,238
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
Especially when the number of dead killed by your side FAR outweighs the number of dead killed by your enemy.
Ah yes. The old argument that things would be better if only there were more dead Jews.

And you actually think you're taking a moral position.
__________________
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 06:27 AM   #223
Hercules56
Philosopher
 
Hercules56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,508
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
That is not I... but it is almost all of the Zionists whether the ones who worship the sky daddy or his ill begotten son.





Yes... you are describing exactly the Zionists whether they worship the imaginary friend of a mythical Sumerian Pimp or his Zombified ill begotten son.





Just the ones who are Zionists.





Nope... not because they do not share the beliefs that I do no hold... it is because these demented Zionists share between them an INSANE belief in the sky daddy of a peripatetic Sumerian pimp and his ill begotten son.... and are deliberately trying to end humanity.





Indeed.
Why do you attack Judaism but give Islam a free pass?
__________________
"The only thing Zionists fear more than war, is peace"
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 06:28 AM   #224
Leumas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
Ah yes. The old argument that things would be better if only there were more dead Jews.

And you actually think you're taking a moral position.

Do you think the victim of abuse should be able to abuse when he grows up and becomes an adult... with impunity or be given a lesser consequence for his abuse just because he was abused??

Do you think the victim of abuse who is now an adult abuser himself should be allowed to keep playing the victim card to justify his abuses?

Which is more IMMORAL... the victim of abuse who grows up to be a hideous abuser... or HIS VICTIMS of his abuse now that he is an adult abuser and victimizing his own victims?

Do you think the victims of the abused abuser have to themselves just take the abuse dished out to them by this abused abuser?

Last edited by Leumas; 9th November 2023 at 06:45 AM.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 06:29 AM   #225
Hercules56
Philosopher
 
Hercules56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,508
Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
Ah yes. The old argument that things would be better if only there were more dead Jews....
No, that's not my argument at all. Don't put words in my mouth.
__________________
"The only thing Zionists fear more than war, is peace"
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 06:31 AM   #226
Hercules56
Philosopher
 
Hercules56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,508
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
Do you think the victim of abuse should be able to abuse when he grows up and becomes and adult... with impunity or be given a lesser consequence for his abuse just because he was abused??

Do you think the victim of abuse who is now an adult abuser himself should be allowed to keep playing the victim card to justify his abuses?

Which is more IMMORAL... the victim of abuse who grows up to be a hideous abuser... or HIS VICTIMS of abuse now that he is an adult abuser and victimizing his own victims?

Do you think the victims of the abused abuser have to themselves just take the abuse dished out to them by this abused abuser?
No one forced Hamas to murder 1,300 Jews on 10/7. Its a choice they made and there are consequences for such decisions.
__________________
"The only thing Zionists fear more than war, is peace"
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 07:18 AM   #227
Leumas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
No one forced Hamas to murder 1,300 Jews on 10/7.

And long before 10/7 no one forced Israel to do all the ethnic cleansing and apartheid and torment it wreaked on the Palestinians for decades upon decades.


Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
...Its a choice they made and there are consequences for such decisions.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 07:23 AM   #228
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing
 
Ziggurat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 56,238
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
No, that's not my argument at all. Don't put words in my mouth.
That's the logical implication of the conclusion that the relative number of casualties is a useful metric for morality.
__________________
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 07:27 AM   #229
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing
 
Ziggurat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 56,238
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
Do you think the victim of abuse should be able to abuse when he grows up and becomes an adult... with impunity or be given a lesser consequence for his abuse just because he was abused??
That's really not a parallel situation, at all. Don't argue from analogy, argue the actual case before us.
__________________
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 07:30 AM   #230
webfusion
Philosopher
 
webfusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,729
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
And long before 10/7 no one forced Israel to do all the ethnic cleansing and apartheid and torment it wreaked on the Palestinians for decades upon decades.
Let's be aware that Leumas is now openly agreeing with/rationalizing the actions of 10/7.
And honestly, in the streets of Los Angeles, New York DC, London, Paris, etc, hundreds of thousands are also agreeing.

In fact, during a screening of a film showing the extent of the atrocities, outside the Holocaust Educational facility, Israeli flags being displayed were sufficient reason for kefiyya-masked men to attack the Jews.

If Jews continue to be molested, attacked, killed, and their businesses/homes/houses of worship defaced and/or shot up, I'm here to tell you that at some point, people are going to open live fire at the perpetrators of these violent actions.

Next Tuesday might be the Crossing of the Rubicon towards that.
webfusion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 07:36 AM   #231
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing
 
Ziggurat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 56,238
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
She was a child in that photo WHEN IT WAS TAKEN
She wasn't sentenced to prison when that photo was taken. That photo is from years earlier.

Quote:
and was innocent...
She committed assault and battery on multiple people. She wasn't innocent, she was guilty.

Quote:
But you seem to have forgotten that I used that picture as a stark and irrefutable demonstration of how Palestinians are not "arabs"
I haven't forgotten that, I don't care.

Quote:
But... let me see if I got you right.... you think a CHILD getting 8 months in prison is fair for when she was a CHILD?
A 16 year old (actually 17 when sentenced) getting 8 months in prison for assault and battery? Yeah, I'm OK with that.

Quote:
So the CHILD is not innocent if she grows up to be a resister of oppression and occupation and ethnic cleansing and genocide on her people after having spent EIGHT MONTHS IN JAIL AS A CHILD?
She's not innocent if she commits assault and battery. Which she indisputably did. I'm not sure why that's confusing you.
__________________
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 08:28 AM   #232
Leumas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by webfusion View Post
Let's be aware that Leumas is now openly agreeing with/rationalizing the actions of 10/7.

When one explains the objective facts of a situation... it is an irrational strawmanning to say that one is condoning or rationalizing anything.

Pointing out FACTS of REALITY is neither condoning it nor rationalizing it...
and I am sure that you jolly well know that.... but you elected to go ahead and strawman anyway.


Originally Posted by webfusion View Post
And honestly, in the streets of Los Angeles, New York DC, London, Paris, etc, hundreds of thousands are also agreeing.

No they are not... they are saying that Sippenhaftung is a heinously immoral action... and war crime.

What those people are saying is that it is legally and morally incumbent upon the descendants of Nazi hideous horrors to refrain from doing to the parents and children of the victims of their Settler Colonialist project what the NAZIs did to their parents and grand parents.


Originally Posted by webfusion View Post
In fact, during a screening of a film showing the extent of the atrocities, outside the Holocaust Educational facility, Israeli flags being displayed were sufficient reason for kefiyya-masked men to attack the Jews.

And that is disgusting... but do you think it is moral for the victim of abuse to keep playing the victim card in order to justify and rationalize his own latest out of numerous bouts of dishing out abuses.


Originally Posted by webfusion View Post
If Jews continue to be molested, attacked, killed, and their businesses/homes/houses of worship defaced and/or shot up, I'm here to tell you that at some point, people are going to open live fire at the perpetrators of these violent actions.

Ah so now you are condoning and rationalizing the heinous actions of Hamas... or is it only Zionists who are allowed to do what you describe above but their victims are not???


Originally Posted by webfusion View Post
Next Tuesday might be the Crossing of the Rubicon towards that.

So what you are saying is that only Israel is allowed to carry out Sippenhaftung on people who cross the Rubicon but its victims are not allowed to do the same?

Perhaps... maybe if Israel reflected and considered the immorality of its repeated and relentless numerous "crossings of the Rubicon" for decades upon decades of abuse wreaked upon the victims of its Settler Colonialist project... maybe it would stop doing it for a change????
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 08:30 AM   #233
webfusion
Philosopher
 
webfusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,729
Originally Posted by Nessie View Post
https://twitter.com/markcurtis30/sta...42822455185705

"80% of MPs back Israel's war on Gaza. 76% of the public want a ceasefire."

That split is explained by those in power, who in a war, would not have to do the dying, want war. Those not in power, who would do the dying, want a ceasefire.
I had to open the link to even understand that what you were describing/claiming is NOT a poll of Israeli attitudes, but rather, the UK.

A bit dishonest, if you ask me, but whatever...

As for a ceasefire in-place, has it not occurred to anyone that once such a thing happens (and it will, eventually) the Israelis may just say, OK, we're here, you're over there. We're going to erect a fenceline along the ceasefire 'borders' (armistice lines) and call it a day.

That's what happened in 1949.
(Rhodes Ceasefire)
webfusion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 08:33 AM   #234
Leumas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
That's really not a parallel situation, at all.

Yes it is a perfectly parallel situation... special pleading for one's own case while decrying the same from others is an irrational fallacy.

Last edited by Leumas; 9th November 2023 at 08:34 AM.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 09:03 AM   #235
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing
 
Ziggurat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 56,238
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
Yes it is a perfectly parallel situation...
Hardly.

Quote:
special pleading for one's own case while decrying the same from others is an irrational fallacy.
It's not special pleading to say you should argue the actual case under consideration instead of something else in its place. You're really bad at logic.
__________________
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 09:05 AM   #236
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Antimemetics Division
Posts: 69,524
Originally Posted by Nessie View Post
https://twitter.com/markcurtis30/sta...42822455185705

"80% of MPs back Israel's war on Gaza. 76% of the public want a ceasefire."

That split is explained by those in power, who in a war, would not have to do the dying, want war. Those not in power, who would do the dying, want a ceasefire.
The UK public would do the dying in a war between Israel and Gaza? What nonsense are you trying to peddle, here?
__________________
There is no Antimemetics Division.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 09:14 AM   #237
Hercules56
Philosopher
 
Hercules56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,508
Originally Posted by webfusion View Post
Let's be aware that Leumas is now openly agreeing with/rationalizing the actions of 10/7.
And honestly, in the streets of Los Angeles, New York DC, London, Paris, etc, hundreds of thousands are also agreeing.

In fact, during a screening of a film showing the extent of the atrocities, outside the Holocaust Educational facility, Israeli flags being displayed were sufficient reason for kefiyya-masked men to attack the Jews.

If Jews continue to be molested, attacked, killed, and their businesses/homes/houses of worship defaced and/or shot up, I'm here to tell you that at some point, people are going to open live fire at the perpetrators of these violent actions.

Next Tuesday might be the Crossing of the Rubicon towards that.
Are you advocating murdering unarmed civilians?
__________________
"The only thing Zionists fear more than war, is peace"
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 09:17 AM   #238
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Antimemetics Division
Posts: 69,524
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
Are you advocating murdering unarmed civilians?
No, but Hamas is.

Proportionate attacks on military targets hiding behind human shields is not murder. Using human shields in warfare is murder. We've been over this. You don't even dispute it.
__________________
There is no Antimemetics Division.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 09:33 AM   #239
Leumas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
Are you advocating murdering unarmed civilians?

No, but Hamas is.

So is Israel... and doing it too and has been doing it for decades upon decades... long before Hamas.


Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Proportionate attacks on military targets hiding behind human shields is not murder.

So the murderer gets to define what constitutes murder and presto he is not a murderer any longer... :sdL:


Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Using human shields in warfare is murder.

Yes... and so is willfully killing the "human shields".

If a fleeing bank robber deliberately runs into a crowded shop... what do you call the police who start shooting at him regardless of the people around him?

Last edited by Leumas; 9th November 2023 at 09:36 AM.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2023, 09:37 AM   #240
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing
 
Ziggurat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 56,238
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
If a fleeing bank robber deliberately runs into a crowded shop... what do you call the police who start shooting at him regardless of the people around him?
Civil crime is fundamentally different than war. And criminals are fundamentally different than enemy combatants. You can't just shoot a bank robber even if no one else is around, but you can just shoot an enemy soldier during war.

Your analogies are always wrong. Your inability to argue in any other way is quite telling.
__________________
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:37 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.