IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump

Old 20th April 2023, 07:09 AM   #321
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I enjoyed some of the commentary, including a wish that his Elvis fantasy would end as Elvis himself did.

A pedant is a man who studies a vacuum through instruments that allow him to draw cross-sections of the details (John Ciardi)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2023, 09:15 AM   #322
eerok
Quixoticist

Yeah, I didn't realize Trump had so many dimensions. Truly a toxic dufus for all seasons.
Old 21st April 2023, 12:00 AM   #323
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The very fact that he would be part of something so clownish and idiotic looking as those NFTs says so much about him. For a man who cannot bear to be laughed out, he sure has made himself a laughing stock.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2023, 12:05 AM   #324
Susheel
Illuminator

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I enjoyed some of the commentary, including a wish that his Elvis fantasy would end as Elvis himself did.
Preferably on one of those prison cell steel toilets...
Old 22nd April 2023, 04:24 PM   #325
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
C'mon, this has to be a joke.

Trump NFT: second series, same at the first. A little bit louder. A little bit worse. (reddit.com)

Pretty funny in any case.
This belongs in the "Sweet Jesus what did I just Watch?" thread, or perhaps in Humor?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 22nd April 2023 at 04:30 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2023, 01:59 PM   #326
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Longtime sportscaster Bob Costas unexpectedly blasted trump on a "CNN Primetime" appearance.

Quote:
"This is not a question of being conservative or being Republican. This is lunacy, they’ve descended into madness," Costas said. "People, whose only objective is their next appearance on Fox News, hold congressional seats and have sway within the party. They all live in fear of Trump. It’s a cult. It’s not a principle, it’s not a philosophy, it’s no longer a party so much as it is a cult."

"Some of them are just bat-bleep crazy, the Marjorie Taylor Greenes of the world, but others are just so spineless and cowardly. And so, in fear of what turning on Trump and even acknowledging this madness would cause, that they bite their tongues, or they say things that they should know better or they don’t really believe in…and Fox News could have been a corrective to that if Fox News said, ‘We lean right, but this isn’t true. This is wrong.’ They not only made Trump their hero, but they vilified anyone who criticized him.” MSN news link
It was noted Fox News has not responded to requests for comment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hates him with a passion.jpg (77.1 KB, 12 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2023, 03:04 PM   #327
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Longtime sportscaster Bob Costas unexpectedly blasted trump on a "CNN Primetime" appearance.

It was noted Fox News has not responded to requests for comment.
Well, at least having Trump cross the Delaware got us the modern flag much sooner than Washington.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2023, 03:13 PM   #328
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Well, at least having Trump cross the Delaware got us the modern flag much sooner than Washington.
I just know he's using that spy glass to look at a solar eclipse.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2023, 03:24 PM   #329
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
Or into a beauty pageant dressing room.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2023, 03:48 PM   #330
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2023, 04:54 PM   #331
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Props to Costas!

A pedant is a man who studies a vacuum through instruments that allow him to draw cross-sections of the details (John Ciardi)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2023, 05:01 PM   #332
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Crossing the Delaware, eh? Knowing Trump, he will be going the wrong way.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2023, 06:01 PM   #333
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

He's probably just fleeing the jurisdiction.

Old 23rd April 2023, 06:09 PM   #334
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

He's probably just fleeing the jurisdiction.
Moving down to Florida.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2023, 08:00 PM   #335
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
on his way to capture an airport in the revolutionary war.

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2023, 09:23 PM   #336
Armitage72
Philosopher

Did you know that Democrats are in favor of executing babies after they've been born? Me neither. But Trump says they are, and he certainly wouldn't lie, would he?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

He also vows that he'll appoint more Justices like Clarence Thomas, who's "under siege by the Radical Left". I can't imagine why.

Last edited by Armitage72; 23rd April 2023 at 09:26 PM.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2023, 10:07 PM   #337
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
on his way to capture an airport in the revolutionary war.
Or ramming the ramparts.
Old 23rd April 2023, 10:08 PM   #338
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Did you know that Democrats are in favor of executing babies after they've been born? Me neither. But Trump says they are, and he certainly wouldn't lie, would he?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

He also vows that he'll appoint more Justices like Clarence Thomas, who's "under siege by the Radical Left". I can't imagine why.
He's reading all that off a teleprompter...badly. So none of it is his own idea.
Old 24th April 2023, 03:53 AM   #339
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Or into a teen beauty pageant dressing room.
FTFY
Old 24th April 2023, 04:51 AM   #340
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!

I AGREE

Clearly he can't even read off a teleprompter for much more than a sentence or two before they have to edit it, again.
Old 24th April 2023, 05:42 AM   #341
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Clearly he can't even read off a teleprompter for much more than a sentence or two before they have to edit it, again.
Roger that.
Old 24th April 2023, 05:48 AM   #342
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

He thinks it will be safe if he looks at it at night.
Old 24th April 2023, 05:50 AM   #343
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
He thinks it will be safe if he looks at it at night.
What, the eclipse? Or the dressing room.
Old 24th April 2023, 06:20 AM   #344
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

I find it a little strange that Trump is highlighting an anti-choice chance.

In the recent past (in one of the few times Trump has actually been right), Trump has suggested that the abortion issue is a 'vote-loser' (at least according to people close to him) and has opposed a federal abortion ban.

...Trump’s crystallizing stance appears to be, in essence, a recognition that a federal abortion ban could cost him in the 2024 election should he become the Republican nominee...

Ok, Trump is a moron, with a gold-fish like attention span. But he was smart enough BEFORE to recognize that the republicans pushing abortion was a problem.

Does he think he needs the evangelicals on his side to win the primary? Or that they won't support him in the general election and sit out if he doesn't show how much he loves unborn babies (even if they are totally cool with them being shot once they are born)?

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2023, 06:27 AM   #345
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Trump gives a rather flattering description of Gym Jordan, which I don't think is going to go over too well!!!

Former President Trump on Sunday compared himself to former President Nixon, touting the support he has in Congress and within his own party... “I’ll never forget: when that happened, we had such great support. Nixon had no support. You know, he just didn’t have support. He was very, very tough with people. I get along with people. I mean, I have great Jim Jordan and all these congressmen are great. They’re really incredible people”....

So we were all wrong... Nixon didn't leave office because congressional republicans had enough integrity to say "watergate was wrong". He left office because he didn't have loyal people like Gym Jordan in his corner.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 24th April 2023, 06:39 AM   #346
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
When you think about it that first part was the best they could get out him!
Old 24th April 2023, 06:54 AM   #347
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
I find it a little strange that Trump is highlighting an anti-choice chance.

In the recent past (in one of the few times Trump has actually been right), Trump has suggested that the abortion issue is a 'vote-loser' (at least according to people close to him) and has opposed a federal abortion ban.

...Trump’s crystallizing stance appears to be, in essence, a recognition that a federal abortion ban could cost him in the 2024 election should he become the Republican nominee...

Ok, Trump is a moron, with a gold-fish like attention span. But he was smart enough BEFORE to recognize that the republicans pushing abortion was a problem.

Does he think he needs the evangelicals on his side to win the primary? Or that they won't support him in the general election and sit out if he doesn't show how much he loves unborn babies (even if they are totally cool with them being shot once they are born)?
Way simpler.

He's put his tiny brain in neutral again, and is simply reading the words as given to him on the prompter. That's all his handlers want from him now. Ask him 30 seconds later what he said and he won't have a clue.
Old 24th April 2023, 07:03 AM   #348
Armitage72
Philosopher

Ask him 30 seconds later what he said and he won't have a clue.

Man. Woman. Person. Camera. TV.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2023, 11:29 AM   #349
Tero
Illuminator

Job opened up for Trump!
https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/24/media...ews/index.html
he likes to be on TV

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Parody: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Poll: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2023, 12:02 PM   #350
welshdean
Michael McDonald 1967 - 2021

The fat oaf is probably trying to find the Tupperware!
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2023, 02:23 PM   #351
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Man. Woman. Person. Camera. TV.
If you listen in that interview, he actually hesitates as he tries to remember just those five words that he said not 30 seconds previously. My wife asked at the time: Does he remember his kids' names??
Old 24th April 2023, 04:07 PM   #352
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

If you listen in that interview, he actually hesitates as he tries to remember just those five words that he said not 30 seconds previously. My wife asked at the time: Does he remember his kids' names??
I bet he almost always remembers their last names.

Old 24th April 2023, 05:03 PM   #353
Armitage72
Philosopher

I bet he almost always remembers their last names.

And he probably usually remembers the name of the one he wants to sleep with.
“She has a very nice figure- if she weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.”
Old 24th April 2023, 05:18 PM   #354
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

He was just reciting what he was looking at and trying to recall the actual words he used. You can see his eyes registering them as he looks right-to-left. He wasn't remembering any list like in the cognitive test.
Old 24th April 2023, 05:25 PM   #355
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Donnie, Jr: Yes, for the obvious reason.
Eric: Sometimes, especially when he's pissed off at Junior.
Ivanka: You ever forget your first love.
Tiffany: Who?
Barron: Only because he's named for his alter-ego, John Barron.
Old 25th April 2023, 05:00 AM   #356
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

You mean that woman that is seen hanging out with Trump, son?

Remember according to Trump: "She’s [Melania] got a son..."

Mind you we know he's only interested in his kids that he would date.
Old 25th April 2023, 11:18 PM   #357
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
The E Jean Carroll rape lawsuit trial has started.

https://apnews.com/article/fddbb3e9e...ac5e09dd222774
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2023, 11:20 PM   #358
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
The E Jean Carroll rape lawsuit trial has started.

https://apnews.com/article/fddbb3e9e...ac5e09dd222774
Bets on Trump offering to settle any time soon?
Old 25th April 2023, 11:45 PM   #359
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Bets on Trump offering to settle any time soon?
I expect not.

Trump would have to offer so much for Carroll to let it go without an admission of guilt - because a huge settlement would be for all intents and purposes an admission of guilt.

Trump expects to get more exposure and fundraising from being publicly vilifies in Court than what it will cost him, financially and politically.
Old 26th April 2023, 05:19 AM   #360
Gulliver Foyle
Illuminator

A tween beauty pageant dressing room.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics