IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2008 events , skepticamp , Vancouver events

Old 24th March 2008, 11:16 PM   #1
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

[bcskeptics] Vancouver SkeptiCamp Summer 2008

OK: I've prepared a website for to list the participants:
URL: Vancouver Skepticamp Summer 2008

• Date: June 28th @ 7:30pm
  • Presentations can be in any form: interactive game, slide show, lecture, demonstration, &c.
  • Duplicate topics are welcome
  • Presentations will be your choice of two lengths:
    15 minutes: 10mins + 5 minute break
    or
    30 minutes: 25mins + 5 minute break
  • To request a slot, contact webmaster@bcskeptics.info.

The Colorado Skepticamp 2 just ended earlier this evening:
URL: Reed's review on skepchick
URL: Colorado Skepticamp 2 meetup.com discussion
URL: JREF discussion

Last edited by blutoski; 24th March 2008 at 11:24 PM.
blutoski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2008, 12:15 AM   #2
Reed
Thinker

This is most excellent news and a terrific opportunity for Vancouver-area skeptics to master a topic for presentation to their peers.

btw, I'm intrigued by the location -- very much in the spirit of barcamp.
Reed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2008, 06:08 AM   #3
Jalbietz
Scholar

Congrats Vancouver skeptics, and good luck.
Jalbietz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2008, 02:13 PM   #4
Reed
Thinker

The date above is incorrect if you click through the links, where it's said to be tonight the 24th.

I wish I were in Vancouver to join you.
Reed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2008, 04:41 PM   #5
nowoo
Scholar

Yes, it's tonight. My presentation about TAM6 is about as ready as it's going to get. I'll be heading over there in a little while to help set things up. Woohoo!
nowoo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2008, 09:24 PM   #6
Jas
Illuminator

Originally Posted by nowoo View Post
Yes, it's tonight. My presentation about TAM6 is about as ready as it's going to get. I'll be heading over there in a little while to help set things up. Woohoo!
Dammit, you always have these things on nights where I'm busy. I vote for a Monday or Sunday night gathering at some point.
Jas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events